Stupid Sarkozy speaks out against burka

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
Assalamu Alaikum,
Here is what stupid Sarkozy has to say abt Burkha. Shameless Moron who sells his wife without a wrinkle in his face, what the heck does he know abt modesty.

Sarkozy speaks out against burka
Mr Sarkozy was speaking at a special session of parliament in Versailles

French President Nicolas Sarkozy has spoken out strongly against the wearing of the burka by Muslim women in France.

In a major policy speech, he said the burka - a garment covering women from head to toe - reduced them to servitude and undermined their dignity.

Mr Sarkozy also gave his backing to the establishment of a parliamentary commission to look at whether to ban the wearing of burkas in public.

In 2004, France banned the Islamic headscarves in its state schools.

'Not welcome'

"We cannot accept to have in our country women who are prisoners behind netting, cut off from all social life, deprived of identity," Mr Sarkozy told a special session of parliament in Versailles.

"That is not the idea that the French republic has of women's dignity.

"The burka is not a sign of religion, it is a sign of subservience. It will not be welcome on the territory of the French republic," the French president said.

But he stressed that France "must not fight the wrong battle", saying that "the Muslim religion must be respected as much as other religions" in the country.

A group of a cross-party lawmakers is already calling for a special inquiry into whether Muslim women who wear the burka is undermining French secularism, the BBC's Emma Jane Kirby in Paris says.

The lawmakers also want to examine whether women who wear the veil are doing so voluntarily or are being forced to cover themselves, our correspondent says.

Mr Sarkozy's speech, made possible by a constitutional amendment he introduced last year, was the first that a French president has made to parliament since the 19th century.

Later on Monday, Mr Sarkozy was expected to meet the Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifah al-Thani.

In 2004, France banned the Islamic headscarf and other conspicuous religious symbols from public schools, triggering heated debate in the country and abroad.

France is home to about five million Muslims.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8112821.stm

:wasalam:

Irshaad.K

:salam2:

Truly saddening brother;

We should always remember though:

Love the person and hate his action.

We make dua to Allah Taala that He grants Mr Sarkozy hidayat.

vegangoth

Banned
It's not the cultural norm for the French to wear them, it will take many years before people undertsand why people want to wear them. But attacking him personally is not going to help matters.

In the Uk it's getting more common to see women wearing Burque's but i still get a bit uncomfertable seeing it, I have no bother with the head scarf but the full covering is still a bit strange but then I walk down the street in a spikey dog coller so that's a bit strange too. I'm undertsanding more and more why some ladies want to wear it though. Education is the key. But it dosen't help when people abuse the right to wear the headscarf, like the woman who was listening to her ipod when on jury duty ( funny but soooo wrong) anyway that's of the topic lol.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
France is known to be one of the western countries that "promote human rights, freedom of expression etc etc"..often their activists come to my country "to teach" us what is human rights. And we are seeing the real France today. Though they are trying to make themselves the champion of human rights here, the ppl here are not stupid. We know France, Israel and their prostitute America and British which is our former colonial monster are those countries violating human rights everywhere. Human rights condition will only improve without these countries.

I don't understand why it is permissible for women to walk half naked in France but not permissible to wear their religious costumes? This is clear violation of one's rights to freely practice their religion. Now I regret for driving French made car.

vegangoth

Banned
I agree that people whould be able to wear what they like, but if wearing a burque is so important to muslim women then why dosen't every mulsim wear them? Also why don't the men were them? After all it's not just men that can lust after the oposite sex?

kayleigh

I agree that people whould be able to wear what they like, but if wearing a burque is so important to muslim women then why dosen't every mulsim wear them? Also why don't the men were them? After all it's not just men that can lust after the oposite sex?

There's a difference of opinion on whether it must be worn or not, and so many women chose not to. It's all about choice, which I'm sure you can understand.

vegangoth

Banned
There's a difference of opinion on whether it must be worn or not, and so many women chose not to. It's all about choice, which I'm sure you can understand.

Yeah I can toatlly understand that. Intresting in a paper here in UK today covered this story and said that many Muslim people agree with the French PM,sadly however they ( the paper) did not actually quote any of the people so they could well be talking rubbish.

kayleigh

Yeah I can toatlly understand that. Intresting in a paper here in UK today covered this story and said that many Muslim people agree with the French PM,sadly however they ( the paper) did not actually quote any of the people so they could well be talking rubbish.

I wouldn't be surprised. Polling shows that a majority of Muslim women in France support hijab bans.

kayleigh

Wow! That's suprising, do you know the reason's why?

My religious studies professor told me this and my guess was that many younger women who had been raised in France feel pressure from their families and society to wear hijab. It's difficult for them to say no but if they have an excuse, like, "Sorry mom, I can't wear it, it's illegal", then it's much easier. My professor said I was right. I imagine there were other reasons given, but I'm not sure what they were.

Keep in mind there's a big difference from pressure and force. Not that either is right but force can easily become abusive and violent. Getting chastised by an auntie for not covering is hardly comparable.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Until we respect our deen..practice it as Allah (swt) Commanded and His Messenger (saaws) taught...we cannot expect non-Muslims to watch their tongues!

la hawla wala qowta illa billah!

May Allah Guide the ignorant and the misguided..Ameen

:wasalam:

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother

You have a choice in Islam, burqa is their rights to wear it because they feel this way they feel more comfortable from men and the need to cover. I would have different opinion, the bottom line is you cover. Whether they wear burqa or not is none of Sarkozy's problem. This man must first honour human rights in his own country before calling other countries to do so. Men to wear it? Islam is the only religion that make sure men live like men and women live like women. If burqa is women attire, men should not wear it.

vegangoth

Banned
Men to wear it? Islam is the only religion that make sure men live like men and women live like women. If burqa is women attire, men should not wear it.

What about the veil? Muslim men used to wear that, Muhammed used to wear one. Perhaps it's was more of a culteral thing back then mind you.

Obase

Speaks his mind...
It might be worth looking at what French Muslim women citizens have to say about it - and there is a more recent Europe -wide Pew study on the same subject I believe -

Quote:
How wearing the veil is seen by French Muslim women. There are 1.7 million Muslim women in France, and 61 % of them have French nationality. In December 2003, a poll conducted by the Institut Ifop and Elle magazine sought the views of these Muslim women, born into Muslim families and living in France. The results: 86 % of women questioned do not wear the veil; 91 % feel themselves to be well integrated into French society, even though 51 % of them say they are practising believers, 29 % believers but not practising, 17 % simply come from a Muslim background, 2 % say there have no religion, 1 % are of another religion. 49% said that they were in favour of the law of 15 March 2004 prohibiting conspicuous religious symbols at school.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
What about the veil? Muslim men used to wear that, Muhammed used to wear one. Perhaps it's was more of a culteral thing back then mind you.

This is what believing men required to do in Islam:

Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.). That is purer for them. Verily, Allah is All-Aware of what they do. (Holy Qur'an, An-Nuur: 29.

It is only a sunnah (strongly encourage) for men to wear clothing like the Prophet (may Allah blessings and peace be upon him), if he chooses not to follow but wear clothings that cover mandatory parts of his body, there is no harm. BUT IT IS NONE OF SARKOZY'S BUSINESS OR PEOPLE LIKE YOU TO DETERMINE WHAT MUSLIM CAN OR CAN NOT WEAR.

What is the different between France and communist countries then? Both are oppressing religious people!!!!!! I understand the Sikh community and the jews also not allowed to wear their religious costume by this Sarkozy, who is he?

hameed jnr

sarkozy(may Allah`s curse be on him)is evil

SALAM ALAYKUM.this infidel of a man is trying to play politics with the awrah of our blessed women.And also to cast doubt on the commands of Allah(SWT) for women to cover their awrah and lower their gaze.As regards niqaab,it is in my opinion a Sunnah,so no government or president should tell/command our sisters whether or not to wear it.We are subservient to Allah and not this fool,so lets avoid obeying a created thing(a kuffar) and disobeyin Allah.May Allah strengthen us all.

menj1980

So what are the French Muslims doing about this, are they not going to oppose this madman Sarkozi's interference??

vegangoth

Banned
T
What is the different between France and communist countries then? Both are oppressing religious people!!!!!! I understand the Sikh community and the jews also not allowed to wear their religious costume by this Sarkozy, who is he?

At least he is not singling out the Muslims.

What Sarkozy needs to do ( as do all PM and presidents) is look at the reasons why these woman want and need to wear the Burka. And try to do something about that. If they are not hurting anyone then let them were the things. But to use men as the reason for wearing them ( as I belive the majoirty of wears do) I think is soooooo wrong and incredbily sexist and slighty egotistical of the women.

Is the burka a religous garment? Or has it just been adopted by the relgious people? I think it's the later.

AlQurtubi

Banned
In summary, untill we get attain love for ALLAH and NAbi(SAW) , we wont be able to do any thing against those, who mock islam, instead keep on arguing with muslims over this.

IMHO, had it been the era of Sahabah (RA) or the golden age of muslims, france and denmark might have been ruined by muslims armies over what they have done. Its all the matter of "Deeni Ghairat", (i dont know how do we say Ghairat in arabic or english)

happy_now

I think it is a matter of trust. People of the west (me included) are not used to seeing someone walking down the street and not be able to 'see' them. It's somewhat alarming. Especially in such an age where at least I personally find it difficult to trust people.

The world is full of crazies and right now is a difficult time I think. With so much being done in the name of Islam (rightfully or wrong, Islam has been attached, and I know the media does nothing to help), it can be very alarming to see someone so covered, and wonder if it's friend or terrorist. Is it a woman going to market to buy bread, or a man with a bomb strapped to him going to market to blow it up?

In burka you can see nothing and you have to trust...and that is difficult I think.

Coming to this board and reading the current events section makes me wonder even. I see so much animosity and hatred here from my fellow muslims. As a new muslimah, I find this difficult to take. Obviously I should just stay away, but I can't seem to.

Rather than sit around complaining, and spreading harsh feelings and discontent, I think we should be proactive and do something.

What is the reason people fear Islam and what can we do to change that?

Status
Not open for further replies.