Suggestion

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
Assalam aleekoom administrators

I remember reading a fatwa that says it is disliked to write PBUH after the name of the prophet as an abbreviation, and that we should write the whole thing (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) ... same applies to (subhanaho wa ta'aala) .. etc.

Can we add a tool to the website by which such abbreviations are automatically converted into the full version ?

May Allah (subhanaho wa ta'aala) reward you for this excellent work.

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
bump .................

I think that the best thing is to sticky and advise users for now, dont really have a tool.

aisha-uk

Salam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatuhu

Jazak Allahu Khair for the reminder, i always tend to forget it, when i'm in a hurry (having kids around) although i have read this fatwah several times, AstaghfirAllah

I think it's a great idea, i would assume that admins can do that in the admin section, InshaAllah

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member

I remember reading a fatwa that says it is disliked to write PBUH after the name of the prophet as an abbreviation, and that we should write the whole thing (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) ... same applies to (subhanaho wa ta'aala) .. etc.

Can we add a tool to the website by which such abbreviations are automatically converted into the full version ?

May Allah (subhanaho wa ta'aala) reward you for this excellent work.

Sorry I forgot to reply (i didnt press send)...

I'm thinking to sticky the fatwa so that the users can become aware of this matter. We should say the complete du`aa after his name or at least write it. I know we've all done it before, by I get really annoyed when I type "As-salaamu `alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakaatuh" and they type back, "w/s" ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

It is as if they didn't mean it, Allaah knows best maybe the uttered it, but didnt Allaah command us to greet with that which is good or better in the Qur'aan?

"When you are greeted with a greeting, greet in return with what is better than it, or (at least) return it equally. Certainly, Allâh is Ever a Careful Account Taker of all things." An-Nisaa' 4:86​

Wa iyyaka akhi

Sauda17

:salam2:

I wasn't aware of this brother,

inshallah i will try to avoid abbreviations in future posts

Jazakallah khair