Sunnah Sunnah way of thanking others

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Jazakallah or Jazakallah Khair?

Understanding Grammar Behind The word Jazakallah
Jazaak comes from the root word “jazaa” which according to the popular Arabic-English dictionary, Al-Mawrid, has two meanings that are completely opposite to eachother!

Thus jazaa can either mean reward OR punishment.
So :"JazakAllah" can may either mean "may Allah reward you" or punish you, while
"JazakAllah Khair" means ... "may Allah reward you with the Best / Good",

So the correct way is to say Jazakallah khair & not just jazakAllah. Though someone might say that the intention by saying jazakallah is the same like jazakallahu khayran, if its so, then why not use the complete wordings as used by prophet(pbuh) and the sahabas? which is jazakallahu khayran !

Jazak Allahu Khair depending on situation:
Masculine: Jazak Allahu Khair
Feminine: Jazaki Allahu Khair
Plural (m): Jazakum Allahu Khair
Plural (f): Jazakun Allahu khair

Substitute for Jazakallah khair is BarakAllah Feek ( "May the blessings of Allah be upon you.")

How to Reply to Those who says Jazakallahu khair to you:

1) Wa Antum fa Jazakumullahu khayran meaning "And you too, May Allah reward to with Khayr"

✰Evidence from Sunnah: Usayd ibn Hadayr (sahabi) says: I said:
O Messenger of Allah ﺟﺰﺍﻙ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺧﻴﺮﺍ [Jazaakallhu Khayran]
The Prophet(pbuh) said: ﻭَﺃَﻧْﺘُﻢْ ﻓَﺠَﺰَﺍﻛُﻢُ ﺍﻟﻠَّﻪُ ﺧَﻴْﺮًﺍ [Wa Antum Fa Jazakumullahu khayran] And you too, May Allah reward to with Khayr].
[Albaani has said that the Hadeeh is Saheeh in al-Saheeha 3096, al-Ta'leeqaatul hisaan al Saheeh ibn Hibbaan 6231]

2) Wa iyyakum (ﻭﺇﻳﺎﻛﻢ)” meaning “And goodness to you also”

✰This is the one the common message used by people. Muslims can use this phrase sometimes, and abandon it sometimes, but they must not cling to it as if it is an established Sunnah of the Messenger since there is no evidence related to it.

▸ ▹ ► ✰Conclusion✰: It’s a kind suggestion to all members that don’t just be a follower of prophet(pbuh) name sake but rather by following his sunnah. The correct sunnah is not to say thanks or shukran rather its to say jazakallahu khair or barakAllah feek. and should be replied with Wa Antum fa Jazakumullahu khayran. Lets revive this sunnah in our lives In shaa allah & motivate others to do the same.

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
Wait im confused on how to say جزاكاالله خيرا is it jazakallahkhair or jazakallahkhairan?

Assalam alaikum wa rahmathullah

Saying جزاك االله خيرا - jazakallah khairan is gramatically correct, with the thanween fatha on 'raa'.....even we write it like that and not جزاك االله خير- jazakallah khair

Hope you understood sis :)

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Saying جزاك االله خيرا - jazakallah khairan is gramatically correct, with the thanween fatha on 'raa'.....even we write it like that and not جزاك االله خير- jazakallah khair
Assalaamu `alaiki warahmatullah ukht.
I'm not an Arabic speaker like you but I believe If you were to add something like a person name to it, then you would say (as well as write it out as) "Jazaakallaahu khayran Maryam." However, if you stop/pause after خيرا then the tanween changes to saakinah, and it becomes "khayraa." This is sort of like one of the tajweed rules called مد العوض (Madd-al-`iwad), a type of 'natural'/'original' madd (lengthening). So, the proper way to say/write it would be jazaakallahu khayraa.
Technicalities aside, baarakallahu feeki for the share. =)

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
Assalaamu `alaiki warahmatullah ukht.
I'm not an Arabic speaker like you but I believe If you were to add something like a person name to it, then you would say (as well as write it out as) "Jazaakallaahu khayran Maryam." However, if you stop/pause after خيرا then the tanween changes to saakinah, and it becomes "khayraa." This is sort of like one of the tajweed rules called مد العوض (Madd-al-`iwad), a type of 'natural'/'original' madd (lengthening). So, the proper way to say/write it would be jazaakallahu khayraa.
Technicalities aside, baarakallahu feeki for the share. =)

Wa alaikum as salam wa rahmathullah

Yes ukhti u reminded me somthing here.....barakallah feek

In the pure classical arabic as per the مد العوض rule, the right way is to say jazakallah khayraa but in the local language we do say jazakallah khairan.....that isnt wrong i guess....Allah knows best.

And as grammatical part is discussed it would be right to say, jazaki Allah khairan Maryam nah? as maryam is a feminine gender :)

May Allah grant us the better understanding and increase us in knowledge....Allahumma ameen