Sunset - After Asr

Nm_17

I was reciting the Quran after Asr pray and my mother told me she thinks that Quran recitation isn't allowed after Asr prayer until the sun has set.
Is this True?
Jazakallah for any answers :)

Abu Talib

Feeling low
:salam2:

Qur'an can be read anytime there is no prescribed time for it I remember reading in Fatwa unfortunately I don't have it right now.

So don't worry and keep reading your Qur'an.

ximkoyra

I was reciting the Quran after Asr pray and my mother told me she thinks that Quran recitation isn't allowed after Asr prayer until the sun has set.
Is this True?
Jazakallah for any answers :)

No, it's just voluntary prayer that's not allowed after asr until sunset. Here's the hadith about forbidden prayer times if you want:

Narrated by Imam Muslim in his Saheeh (832) from ‘Amr ibn ‘Abasah (may Allaah be pleased with him), that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to him: “Pray Fajr, then refrain from praying until the sun has risen and become high, for when it rises, it rises between the horns of the Shaytaan and at that time the kuffaar prostrate to it. Then pray, for the prayer is witnessed and attended until the shadow of a spear falls directly north (i.e., noon). Then refrain from praying, for at that time Hell is stoked up. Then when the shadow moves forward, pray, for the prayer is witnessed and attended, until you have prayed ‘Asr. Then refrain from praying until the sun has set, for it sets between the horns of the Shaytaan and at that time the kuffaar prostrate to it.”

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:wasalam:

Well, I was about to post the Hadeeth and u did the job, ximkoyra
ALAHMDULILLAH...:)

JAZAKALLAHU KAHIR for your efforts

FEE AMANILLAH:hearts:

Ibn Uthaymin

You can pray voluntary to units of prayer after Asr. As a matter of fact its is sunnah, but many people do not know.

Al-Albani (may Allah rest him in Firdous) said,” This is a prayer which is forgotten and should be revived.”[ Saheehah hadeeth hadeeth 3174]
عَائِشَةَ قَالَتْ صَلاَتَانِ مَا تَرَكَهُمَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ -صلى الله عليه وسلم- فِى بَيْتِى سِرًّا وَلاَ عَلاَنِيَةً رَكْعَتَانِ قَبْلَ الْفَجْرِ وَرَكْعَتَانِ بَعْدَ الْعَصْرِ.

1.Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) said: “There are two prayers that the messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) never neglected to pray in my house secretly or publicly: Two Rak’ah before Fajr and two Rak’ah after Asr.” [Bukhari 592]
ائِشَةُ رضى الله تعالى عنها مَا دَخَلَ عَلَىَّ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ -صلى الله عليه وسلم- بَعْدَ الْعَصْرِ إِلاَّ صَلاَّهُمَا.

2. Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) said: Anytime Allah’s messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) came to my house after Asr he prayed two Rak’ah [Bukhari 593 ]
The scholars’ analysis about these two Rak’ah:

1. Imam At-Tahawee (may Allah have mercy on him) said, “Some people see no harm in praying two Rak’ah after Asr and consider them a Sunnah.” [Sharh Ma’anee Al-Athar 1-301]

2. Imam Ibn Hazm (may Allah have mercy on him) said,” …Third: If this hadeeth is authentic it’s a proof for us. This hadeeth tells us that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) prayed two rak’ah after Asr. On the contrary if it wasn’t allowed or disliked, Allah’s messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) wouldn’t have prayed these two rak’ah. His actions are guidance and correct, regardless whether he does it once or a thousand times.” [ Al-Muhalla]

3. Ibn Hajr (may Allah have mercy on him) said, “ To cling to these narrations establish the permissibility to offer a supererogatory prayer after Asr in any respect as long as it isn’t intended to be done during sunset.” [ Fath 2/85 ]

4. Shaykh Nasirud Deen Al-Albani (may Allah have mercy on him) said,” Among the accepted errors in the books of Fiqh is the prohibition of these two rak’ah and not mentioning them among the supererogatory exercises of devotion. Nevertheless, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) preserved these two Rak’ah the same way he preserved the two before Fajr. There isn’t any evidence for the two Rak’ah after Asr’s abrogation or their being special for the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) only! How could it be, when Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her), the most knowledgeable person about these two rakah’ safeguarded them as well as other companions and pious Salaf.[ Silsilatus Saheehah 7/528]

Read more: http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65014

Idris16

ahadeeth from sahih bukhari

Volume 1, Book 10, Number 567:
Narrated 'Aisha:

Whenever the Prophet come to me after the 'Asr prayer, he always prayed two Rakat.

Volume 1, Book 10, Number 560:
Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "There is no prayer after the morning prayer till the sun rises, and there is no prayer after the Asr prayer till the sun sets."

Volume 1, Book 10, Number 561:
Narrated Muawiya:

You offer a prayer which I did not see being offered by Allah's Apostle when we were in his company and he certainly had forbidden it (i.e. two Rakat after the Asr prayer).

Volume 1, Book 10, Number 562:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle forbade the offering of two prayers:

1. after the morning prayer till the sunrises.

2. after the 'Asr prayer till the sun sets.

Volume 1, Book 10, Number 564:
Narrated 'Aisha:

By Allah, Who took away the Prophet. The Prophet never missed them (two Rakat) after the 'Asr prayer till he met Allah and he did not meet Allah till it became heavy for him to pray while standing so he used to offer most of the prayers while sitting. (She meant the two Rakat after Asr) He used to pray them in the house and never prayed them in the mosque lest it might be hard for his followers and he loved what was easy for them.