Syrian Revolution

abdul-aziz

:salam2:

I was just informed from a Syrian, who is very trustworthy and dedicated his life to teach muslims in America; that there is mass killings in Syria. It is not reported by any news, because the government keeps a lid on it and protects Israel, western media is not reporting because of that.

He said there is much killing in the south area of Syria, and the people are left to die in the street. No ambulance or emergency services allowed.

The government is brutal.

inna lillah wa inna ilayhi raj'oon
:wasalam:

Maha*

I was just informed from a Syrian, who is very trustworthy and dedicated his life to teach muslims in America; that there is mass killings in Syria. It is not reported by any news, because the government keeps a lid on it and protects Israel, western media is not reporting because of that.

He said there is much killing in the south area of Syria, and the people are left to die in the street. No ambulance or emergency services allowed.

The government is brutal.

inna lillah wa inna ilayhi raj'oon

Indeed, that is true. And testimonies say that there are Persians involved in the killing..

Almaas

Wa'alaykum asalaam.

Yeah, unfortunately there was a massacre.

[yt]vnrb3h0boEE[/yt]

Inna lillahi wa inna ilahi raji'oon.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
AFP: Zyad Maged, political science professor at the American University of Paris, said should the revolt in the southern town of Daraa spread throughout Syria, that would weaken the regime and destabilise its allies in Lebanon.

"Hezbollah is hoping the domestic unrest in Syria ends quickly even if it's through repression," Maged said. "The Syrian regime offers a guarantee for them, geographically at least.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
---Al Jazeera's Cal Perry, reporting from Damascus, said that what sounded like air raid sirens where heard across the city.

---Protests may still continue in the country, Al Jazeera's Cal Perry said, reporting from Damascus: "There is a chance that we will see more protests in the coming days. There was a huge security presence on the streets of Damascus last night as we drove through ... We saw groups of eight to 10 secret police standing on the corners in no secret fashion at all, which is a pretty good indication that they are expecting potentially some more protests."

---According to the President's office in Damascus, the two journalists from Reuters who were detained, will be released this afternoon.

---Anti- Assad protesters gather at the European Council in Belgium to seek the EU's help to stop the violence in Syria. Protesters held up banners with photos of people said to be missing after being arrested by the Syrian police.
George Chachan, a member of the Community for the support for the Syrian people, said that the EU must stop the violence in Syria.

(Here we go again.. it's the same thing, unfolding like a drama. Why are they asking for help from the EU now??)

--- Farouq al-Shara, the Syrian vice-president, says that President Bashar Assad will announce important decisions in the next two days that will "please the Syrian people".

abdul-aziz

there is a report in the news, but I am not certain of its credibility:

Saudi king expresses support to Syrian president - at - link

This would not be too surprising, because I remember when Egypt had its protesting, I heard Saudi offered to send troops to assist Mubarak.

ya rabb