Tattoo's

John Smith

:salam:

Just been asked a question wether it is permissable for Muslim men to get tattoo's without the use of Allah's creations image's, just like bands and patterns?.

Do we have any info to back the reasons whjy not?

I explained that they will change how Allah Swt has created us but they just want to have some sort of creative body art.

Fatima Amenda

Asalamu alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakahu, Brother, once you put a permanent mark on you, you're scarred for life so think wisely on this. I would discourage this and any body piercing except the ears and even that I don't understand anymore and never seemed logical the necessity to put holes or marking on the body.

John Smith

Asalamu alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakahu, Brother, once you put a permanent mark on you, you're scarred for life so think wisely on this. I would discourage this and any body piercing except the ears and even that I don't understand anymore and never seemed logical the necessity to put holes or marking on the body.

Thanks for the reply, i was asking on behalf of a brother who is keen to have a creative pattern down the left arm.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Salam alaikum,

The idea is that our bodies do not belong to us but are on loan to us from Our Lord. Everything we own, including our very bodies, belong to Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala. Thus, we are commanded to take care of them and preserve them as best as we can until He takes them back. We do this in accordance with His Commands, one of which is the prohibition of self-mutilation. Tattoos fall under such a category because you are causing harm to your body. The concept of staying away from drugs and alcohol also falls under the same idea. We are commanded not to do anything that harms our own selves because essentially our bodies do not belong to us. They belong to Our Creator who loaned them to us out of His Mercy.

Ask your friend a simple question. Suppose he borrowed a treasured object from a friend. He knew that his friend loved that object but lent it to him knowing he could benefit from it and also had faith in him to keep it in safe condition until it was returned back to him.

Knowing this, would your friend trash such object and return it in a despicable condition? Not only would this be displaying an extreme lack of gratitude, but it would most likely cause some serious damage to his relationship with his friend. Not exactly a fair trade.

Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala is the best friend anyone can ever have and it's all about realizing that we need to do everything in our power to protect the sanctity of our relationship with Him.