Thank you

Wulf

W'Asalaam Alaykum

To my Brothers and Sisters in Islam

To those of my new found freinds, who have shown me patience and advice with kindness, I thank you for your help.
However I feel somewhat useless here as too many prefer to chastise rather than help. I have come to a point where I fear to post anything on here.
Conflict is strange to me and something that I cannot abide, and I feel conflicted.
I shall therefore move on and find myself a teacher with whom I can speak to face to face, one whom I will know is learned and Imam. I may return to read but no more.
The whole thing has become just too hard.
I pray that Allah (swt) will watch over you all and help in all things.

W'Asalaam

إبرهم أبدلله".

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum,

Please dont leave, I am sorry that people do that, it is not in the spirit of this website or for Muslims to do.

I have not followed what has been happening on the forum much this past week, but from time to time I do go into threads and stop any arguing or rude posts. I hope there has been nothing like that here, inshaAllah.

We should help each other in good way, be friendly.. we all make mistakes may Allah forgive us.

If someone asks question or shares information with sincere intentions then it is never useless. Astaghfirullah. We all must try our best to stick to the original teachings of Islam based upon the Quran and the Sunnah. As Muslims we are but one family regardless of our origins, wealth, family etc. And we should always be there for one another no matter what. Whether we help someone through our words, acts of kindness, money it does not matter, as long as we do it due to our love for them as Allah has commanded us.

Islam is simple in that all our actions whether from the way we do our prayers, how we begin and end our Fasts in Ramadan, the knowledge we have about Allah and his Prophet :saw:, how we worship Allah - everything - should be able to be traced back to the Quran and Sunnah (all the sayings, actions of the Prophet :saw: and things which he approved) .

Following the right way

Also, I dont like seeing anyone leave the site for any reason. If there are problems we got to fix them and sort them out according to what Islam says. We should get along with each other. Nobody should ever feel left out. This is a test from Allah the most high, and we got to make sure that we are always together united..

wasalam.

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaamu Alaykum

However I feel somewhat useless here as too many prefer to chastise rather than help. I have come to a point where I fear to post anything on here.

Aww SubhanAllah brother Ibrahim i hope i didnt make you feel like this :girl3: i wish you wasnt leaving, please dont leave, Alhamdulillah you are a caring and loving brother, and your poems SubhanAllah they wer awesome...always good to read....You are not useless, brother, your questions have always ment something and were very touching, so true...

I shall therefore move on and find myself a teacher with whom I can speak to face to face, one whom I will know is learned and Imam. I may return to read but no more.

If you feel you must move on then Alhamdulillah and the very best for you, may Allah help you find a pious teacher to guide you and teach you the true essance of islam. My Duas are with you dear brother...:tti_sister: we hope to see you again insha-Allah and you are always welcome to come back anytime :) I pray Allah makes your path easy for you.....Ameen Ya Rabbil Alameen..

your sister umm aysha

wa alaykum salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatahu

justoneofmillion

assalamu aleikum: don`t leave us brother we appreciate your presence and company very much and plus we got used to you eating pancake !we all try our best to be kind and sincere with no mean to hurt at all! wassalam you will always be welcome may allah swt be with you:)

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum brother Ibrahim,

I hope you all the best in all your endeavors. I am honoured to have made your acquaintance [even if only on the internet].

I hope you find a good teacher from whom you'll learn Islam; one who's pious, God fearing and well grounded in knowledge of the Qur'an and the authentic sayings of the Prophet [peace be upon him] and who understands these two sources as the Companions of the Prophet [peace be upon him] understood them.

I hope you all the best, brother Ibrahim, and I ask Allah to forgive us our sins and admit us to Paradise.

Aameen

I hope you all the best,

Your brother in Islam,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salam,

Brother I always read your posts. You have been so honest and sensitive. The hunger you have will be saitated. It has taken me twenty years to find the right teacher. Allah will provide the right mula in time. Inshalla.
This forum keeps us connected. We call each other brohters and sisters because we can forgive each other over and over again. Please keep posting...you have so much insight. Often, I worry that I may appear to be very strong in my passion...but I post and love all the responses.
You do not know the effects you have with your kind words. Your responses are similar to salve placed on wounds...gently and slowly you show us Love.
Your sister in Islam,
Mirajmom.

loveislam1

Asalam Alikoum
OH BROTHER WULF!
Please dont leave, mashallah I love reading your posts! You are not useless that is for sure and I apologize if you have been hurt by me forgive me if it is so, whatever you decide may ALLAh subhana wa ta'ala make it easy for you increase you in both wisdom and iman ameen
Your sister fe islam
loveislam1

Noor to shine

:salam2: brother

Please don`t leave , your posts refreshes faith in my heart , sorry if any one hurted you ( in case i said anything wrong please forgive me).....We are all here learning ....no one can say that his Islam is perfect ......we are not prophets .....but their followers ......Our destinty is Paradise by the mercy of Allah swt.

Amirah84

:salam2: brother Ibrahim,

I wish you would not leave. You posts are filled with such wisdom and care. I can tell from you posts that you care for others so much MashaAllah and I'm sorry that you feel that you must go. Please reconsider brother. We all make mistakes and as Noor said we're not perfect.

It's always so lovely to read a poem you have written or a response you've given straight from your heart.
If you must go then I wish you every success in this life and the hereafter, and I;ll make dua for you to find what you're seeking.

:wasalam:

sister Amirah

ShyHijabi

Asalaam Alakum brother Wulf,

Being a fellow revert I have come to look forward to your posts. They are often insightful and wise. You bring with you a lifetime of experience and often times you help me look at things from a new and fresh pespective. We are responsible for each other in this family, you are as much responsible for us as we are for you. You and I will struggle because of the mere disadvantage of playing "catch up" for a lifetime of knowledge. But we must pray for strength...both when fighting our own personal jihads and when dealing with a passionate sister or brother on the boards.

Please reconsider leaving the boards. There is no reason why you can't find a real life teacher as well as remain here. Inshallah, you will become our teacher as you learn the intricacies of Quran, Sunnah, and Fiqh. We may be blessed with your wisdom becoming mixed with your Islamic education...and thus you will be even more blessed!

Please be patient with our more vocal brothers and sisters...some are still very young and are in the process of learning kindness and tact. They mean well even if they come across harshly sometimes...tone is so hard to read online. Whatever you decide brother, know that we are all here for you in this great Ummah.Wasalaam.

~Sarah

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
Brother,

a sheikh is a true blessing. Inshallah, I will make du'a for you that you find a good, honorable and knowledgable teacher. I know that many of the people on this site can sometimes be very single minded in their attitudes.

This is a wonderful site where inshallah, we all learn much. Sometimes too much detail for a simpleton like me, but I can't say that answers are not thourough! Trust me, I know what it is like to be on the defensive here ( 'american' muslim ). Sometimes it does seem like responses to posts can be rather personal. Remember that none of us mean to hurt any of the others on the site. It is just that sometimes all of us (like ppl everywhere) let our passions override our manners.

I hope that you opt to remain an active member of the TTI ummah. Don't worry, I will inshallah still make du'a for your search for a teacher.

assalamu alaikum

Love my islam

:salam2: brother
Please dont leave. I always read your post. You are an inspiration, at the age of 60 you found Islam and at this age you want to learn arabic, what excuse do I have as I am born muslim. Allah has given you wealth of wisdom from which we can benifit. The experiences you have been through and still came out as gentle loving person. I admire you.
But I do agree that one needs I learned teacher for guidence. I will make dua for you to find a right teacher. May Allah guide you towards the right decision.
Best wishes from your sister in islam

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

brother Ibrahim, I know a lot of people here are asking you to stay, and I am amongst them. PLease don't leave. I don't like good byes, and thank you's don't blunt that. As was said, teachers are important but i think you should still stay as well.

However, if you choose to leave anyway I pray that you find a wonderful teacher and that you are Guided to the Straight Path always.

I know sometimes what the forum is like. Things are confusing and sometimes answers are a bit brasher then meant. Take into consideration sometimes that people are young, and some people come from different countries where thier language isn't quite the same as those fluent in English and things come out a different way then intended. We all wish the best for you and your future I am sure.

And this goes for everyone here: If there are posts which seem rude or insensitive or anything, please feel free to get one of the Moderators to look at it! We can't be everywhere, but we don't want the feelings of our fellow brothers or sisters hurt. So please click the report button on the corner of the post or PM one of us and we'll take a look inshallah.

We're an Ummah here... let us remain together.

:wasalam:

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

Brother Ibrahim (not Wulf),

I must apologize for my part. Some people say I am very complaining. If so, I ask for apology.

I dont know which kind of 'chastising' you are refering to, but I try to explain the three senarios:

Please understand that it is the critique and puritanical process which helps use get the pure form of Islam , free of any human tendencies for error.

Secondly, most of our critique for each other is with the intension of Faith in Allah. If a person shows anger here then it is just a brotherly anger and not some hate.

Thirdly, the general critics related to the Western Cultuer and particularly U.S. and Isreal , is just because of the situation of this age. Just a century ago, there as not even a single Muslim country free from the colonialism. Still there is a considerable effort required to raise the voice of truth. And in doing that, people become emotional and become louder than required.

Would you please point out the threads in which you felt negative about? I think we collectively could learn what kind of language we should not use. Please....

And ofcourse, finding out an Islamic scholar and being in contact with him is recommended.

Wassalaam,
VE

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Brother,

Trust me, I know what it is like to be on the defensive here ( 'american' muslim ). Sometimes it does seem like responses to posts can be rather personal.
assalamu alaikum

AssalaamuAlaikum,

I can understand how would you be feeling when specially I criticize America. Kindly understand that I have much more respect for you than I have even for myself. I know in which situation you are living in a nonMuslim family and I can only imagine how much faith would it take to be in such situation. So, I must acknowledge that I like you for the sake of Allah and no thought comes into my mind that you are American so you are less Muslim. I personally consider many American Muslims to be better in attitude than many many born Muslims in Islamic countries.

Also, I could imagine how huge it for a person to leave what he believed and then revert to Islam. Only my tears could answer that and nothing else.

Criticizing a country means to criticize its Regime and not each and every citizen of it. And in that process, I even feel ashamed of my government. And when the acts of my country's government are totally against Islam, then why in the world will I feel proud on that contry which is being governed by that Regime? If the Chief Justice of a country is snached from his hair and treated like a 3rd class criminal, why would I feel proud of my country?
And if I use the same reason for myself, then I apply the same to America and any other country for the hypocrisy of their regimes.

So, for us, only Islam is the scale and everything else including coutries, nationalism etc. will end and our deeds and Faith in Allah is eternal to go in the life after.

BTW, Brother Ibrahim (AKA Brother Wulf) pointed out that there is a lot of chastising here. How will be pure in our faith if we diminish our sense of feeling bad about the bad things? The more we become absorbant of the falsity, the more we pat our conscience to make it asleep.

Thats it.

Wassalaam,
VE

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
Assalamu alaikum Brother Ibrahim,

Again, I am one of the many here on TTI that urge you to stay. You inspire us all. I have learnt a great deal from you. You are rich in real life experiences, and you are someone who we all look up to in great respect.

Conflict is strange to me and something that I cannot abide, and I feel conflicted.

I have also had the same feelings while on this forum (this is the only forum I have ever been a part of). Some people are rude and inconsiderate. Some people take certain posts personally (I shamely admit I am one of those sensitive people) and get upset. But then again, the people in charge of this forum have repeatedly iterated that this is a friendly site (which is true when we look at it as a whole). I have complained to the administrator on more than one occasion on certain people`s replies, but ma sha Allah, he has a high threshold of patience, which I am sure is for the good of that person, and so that they may learn.

Just before reading your thread, I read a PM sent to me by the administrator mentioning the reason for deleting a post I wrote. I remembered that my intention on being part of this forum is learning the truth, and helping my Brothers and Sisters guide other people to the truth. I may not totally agree with their point of view, but we should all cooperate together, and continue to work for our main objective, pleasing Allah SWT by following the Quran and Sunnah.

We are responsible for each other in this family, you are as much responsible for us as we are for you. You and I will struggle because of the mere disadvantage of playing "catch up" for a lifetime of knowledge.

As Sister Sarah said, we are responsible for each other, and we are one family. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) we have to put up with each other. Consider those who chastise you (and probably a lot of other people) as if they were your children, guide them to proper manners of replying (then give them a spanking).:)

Regarding ''catching up'', we born-muslims really envy (ghibtah and not hassad) you. You might want to learn a lot of what you have ''missed'', but remember that what counts at the end is each ones piousness. I can confidently say that some reverts are more sincere than many ''borm muslims''. I would actually like to say more pious, but I might get attacked as piousness is in the heart. But I feel this piousness in my revert Brothers` and Sisters` words and actions.

And finally,

Please reconsider leaving the boards. There is no reason why you can't find a real life teacher as well as remain here. Inshallah, you will become our teacher as you learn the intricacies of Quran, Sunnah, and Fiqh. We may be blessed with your wisdom becoming mixed with your Islamic education...and thus you will be even more blessed!

Please be patient with our more vocal brothers and sisters...some are still very young and are in the process of learning kindness and tact. They mean well even if they come across harshly sometimes...tone is so hard to read online. Whatever you decide brother, know that we are all here for you in this great Ummah.Wasalaam.

And remember, we love you for the sake of Allah.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu dear brother and sisters

What an introvert guy like me can speak, I can only ask you guys to have the feeling of love and affection while talking to anybody out here or replying to posts. Think as if you are talking to your own brother or sister. Only then the feeling of UNITY will emerge.

Till this moment of my life, I have lived in non muslim countries, and Alhamdulillah I have come across good and bad people. I have learnt from the mistakes I made, I have learnt from how I reacted to these people, I continuously strive to make myself more better in dealing with people.

I feel thats the most difficult thing to do. Being the highest form of creation by Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala, its very difficult to understand human beings and very often we come to propositions without even thinking of the consequences and trying to understand the views of that person through his way.

Life is just to make ourselves more and more better in service for Allah and to try HIS DEEN in the best way possible. We feel pain, we have sufferings, we lose things, we gain new, we laugh, we cry, we feel happy, we love, we get hurt, we feel good ....Life is just a journey experiencing all these things so that we make ourselves strong and persevere for The Akhirah.

After more than 2 months of continuous learning and listening to Surah Al Qiyamah, Alhamdulillah I have memorised it completely. It all started when I watched the video of the recitation by an Imam in a mosque in Sharjah, out here.

May Allah Bless The Ummah and guide us in the path of righteousness.Ameen.

wa/salam
your brother
M.N.S.Hussain

shaz_1999

Salamz Brother Ibrahim

I totaly undestand where you are coming from, I dont even come on as much as I used to (but I do now have a full time job) coz the things that people said didnt interest me, but the thing that I realy enjoyd reading was what you wrote coz it came from the heart not just the first thing that came into your head.

If thats what you want to do I respect you brother, coz I am also not going to come on the site as much.

I joined the site with the intention of increasing my knowledge and also in search of advice.

All the advice I ever asked for has really help me big time.

But then again people do call me weird so ignore me if you wish, this is just my opinion.

Glad that you said what you did brother Ibrahim

Take care everyone

Wslamaz

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
:salam2:

There's not much I can really add to all this Brother, may God Bless You.

A salute to one who gives much of his wisdom.

He sits before his keyboard
In a place I know not where
He lifts his hand to type a word,
His wisdom for to share

His words are meant to lift the soul,
Encourage us to carry on.
To tell the tales that we have told,
Write until the battles won.

His accolades flow from his thought,
He humbles me, with his praise.
Of my written works, praise not sought,
As I stumble through, this life’s maze.