The “Pain Ray“: Another U.S.-made torturous weapon for Iraqis

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
04/08/2007 10:29:00 PM GMT

The 'pain ray' "fires out millimeter waves in the 95 GHz range. The invisible beams penetrate 1/64th of an inch beneath the skin, which heats up the water inside a person."

1186153649.jpg

By Amina Anderson

From the 'pain ray' to the 'death ray': Did U.S. occupation forces deploy direct energy weapons in Iraq? Using such deadly weapons is certainly a new dilemma for the Iraqis, according to a report by Brett Wagner, the president of the California Center for Strategic Studies
(CCSS).

The story dates back to 2004, when the U.S. decided to develop a new weapon under the name “pain rain”. According to DefenseTech.org, an online military information service, this weapon "fires out millimeter waves -- a sort of cousin of microwaves, in the 95 GHz range. The invisible beams penetrate just 1/64th of an inch beneath the skin, which is deep enough to heat up the water inside a person. The previous causes excruciating pain and seconds later, people have to run away. And that causes mobs to break up in a hurry."

Wagner’s report states that the head of the Army unit charged with rapidly securing new gear for use by U.S. troops, Col. Robert Lovett, "has requested that [the device] be rushed to the field to support military operations in Iraq.

The U.S. military claims that the weapon, which is now mostly known as Active Denial System (ADS), was developed to facilitate the U.S. mission in Iraq. The “Holy Grail of crowd control” weapon was set for release in 2005. But more tests to assure its efficiency were conducted. ADS passed all the required tests and was promised again to be released.

Apparently, the U.S. forgot or neglected the fact that the new weapon is considered a violation of the international law, which prohibits all weapons whose primary intentions is to inflict pain. Wagner has been working against the release of ADS right from the start. Along with his organization, he was able to delay the deployment of the weapon until more testing and analysis are conducted.

But in January 2007, Theodore Barna, an assistant deputy undersecretary of defense for advanced systems and concepts told Reuters that "We expect the services to add it to their tool kit. And that could happen as early as 2010”.

Apparently the military is still unsure about ADS after all the tests. Air Force Secretary Michael Wynne didn't help clarify the issue when he suggested that the military should use the “pain ray” at crowds in the United States before deploying it in Iraq. It would be hard to imagine that Americans would be feeling okay about trying such weapons on themselves even if they believe they are not lethal.

Wagner suggested a new nickname for the weapon; the “death ray”, since it’s well-known that exposing mammals to microwaves make them explode. He sent an email all around the U.S. in which he used a live example to prove his theory.

The email discussed a video that was released on the 16th of May 2006 by a major Italian news service which showed evidence that the U.S. military has used in Iraq a new generation of weaponry likely based on firing microwaves as early as the 2003 battle for Baghdad Airport.

Wagner then explained that from the reported effects of the weaponry, it likely includes "speed of light" technology defying the generic term "laser", therefore it also includes the use of microwaves, judging from the descriptions of bodies that seem to have inexplicably exploded.

He used sarcasm to explain that he was unable to determine the reason behind either the cadavers that reportedly shrunk to the size of approximately one-meter in length after being exposed to some sort of ray (the cause of death) and then inadvertently struck by bullets. He also mentioned an eyewitness’ description that a bus was transformed "like a cloth, like a wet cloth" and shrunk to the size of a Volkswagen.

Ever since this email was circulated, CCSS has been working on evidence and researches to prove how harmful such weapon can be, and hopefully ban them from being used in Iraq. Phone calls are communicated to Capitol Hill officials and several key congressional staff members.

Life would be better in war-torn Iraq if President Bush considered adjusting his plan to help the Iraqis instead of pursuing new ways to destroy the country even more.

Read related articles on www.emiratestribune.com

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/newsfull.php?newid=24714

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:

JazakAllah khair.

Well i doubt the US really cares about breaking the law or not. They got veto power

Sophie

I was born in America. This is not the America I was led to believe it to be. I was brainwashed to think of America in a positive way only. I am no longer brainwashed. I see America for what it is. And I don't like it. The "War on Terror" is a fraud. And what the government of the United States has been doing IS terror. Inshalallah,my family and I will leave this country soon.:tti_sister:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Once again thank you.
Now, here I go again. In the 1950''s the US raidiated its citizens. They used radiation on major cities. I recall Cleveland, Ohio as one target area. This is the same country that lobtomized its citizens who were suffering from mental illness. This is the same country that steralized blacks until the late 1970's. This is the same country that makes poor females undergo hysterectomies to this day.
Just yesterday I read an article posted on www.antiwar.com on a man from Tunisia who spent five years in Guntanmo. His fingers were amputated.
and the list goes on...
the innoncents in Iraq are a test tube for the servants of the servants of the devil...
Allah subhana talla forgive us our sins and grant us courage to overcome the servants of the devil.

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
Ususally, I put myself far out on a limb, defending my nation and it's actions. As I read this thread I was sitting here thinking...nah, I got nuthin. This is totally out of line; nothing can defend it.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam Brother,

We are all in the same boat. A few evil monsters out of keeping their hoardes to themselves use each and everyone of us to serve their needs.
Brother do not be disheartend you are needed to help others wake up.

carpy321

salam
I myself used to fight to defend country then i relised its not worth defending with all the evil that happens here..
Now i defend the brothers out in iraq

firdaus3

no use complaining. the US is out to destroy ALL OF UMMAH but they dont know that the PROPHETS' (SAW) saying are contrary to what they have in mind. and it is the PROPHET (SAW) whose word will prevail. inshaalah ALLAH (TVT) will show these people but i think it will still take some more time and lots of duas for these shaitans to go to JAHANNAM.