The Alchemist of Hapiness ,Imam al Ghazali s life documentary

justoneofmillion

:salam2:A great documentary about one of the greatest scholars of Islam.Mothers don t bring scholars like this to the world anymore with, intellect faith,passion and spiritual depth.I hope you like it.May Allah swt grant us Ulamaa of this caliber to advice us in the future inshallah.And may Imam Al Ghazali rest in peace fi jannat al firdaws for all his sacrifices.

[vg]6766978894637765589[/vg]

justoneofmillion

I downloaded this sometime back and watched later I found that Hamza Yusuf is Sufi
wa alekumu assalaam,we should not use the word Sufi in such a derogatory manner.The Sahabah and the Prophet S.A.W Themselves in a sense were "Sufis"in certain aspects.

This is not ibnu Arabi s sufism and other extremist clownish tariqa,we are talking about.

Furthermore,this documentary is not about Hamza Yusuf, it is about our dear Imam al Ghazali who among other redirected Sufism to it s true meaning and refuted concepts such as Pantheism...etc.

I beg you not to ruin my thread if you have no knowledge on the matter,and not to deviate from the main subject with no benefit to offer.Please kindly use the search function on TTI with brother Mabsoots i think post on Sufism.With outmost respect.Allah swt protect.

zainsmommy

"Mothers don t bring scholars like this to the world anymore with, intellect faith,passion and spiritual depth."

Assalamu Aleikom

Wow! What a heart piercing statement--and so very true. It stopped me in my tracks, caused a great deal of thought about how I am raising my children. I feel inadequate right about now. Thank you for always making me think.

Now on to watch the video. InshaAllah I will benefit from it--which I am sure I will. I've already benefited from just that one line.

justoneofmillion

"Mothers don t bring scholars like this to the world anymore with, intellect faith,passion and spiritual depth."

Assalamu Aleikom

Wow! What a heart piercing statement--and so very true. It stopped me in my tracks, caused a great deal of thought about how I am raising my children. I feel inadequate right about now. Thank you for always making me think.

Now on to watch the video. InshaAllah I will benefit from it--which I am sure I will. I've already benefited from just that one line.
:salam2:May Allah swt reward you for your intention and tact.And may he raise in your children good examples to follow,and great scholars why not.Mothers are the beacon of Rahma Compassion and caring.It is the same word Allah uses for the womb RahmThat where it is linguistically derived from in Arabic.The first thing you thought about were your children Mashallah.

You taught me a second lesson in that i might have been a little harsh with my Brother Abu talib as well.May he forgive me,and May allah swt reward him for doing so.

haakym

love
I beg you not to ruin my thread if you have no knowledge on the matter,and not to deviate from the main subject with no benefit to offer.Please kindly use the search function on TTI with brother Mabsoots i think post on Sufism.With outmost respect.Allah swt protect.

Asalaamu 'alaykum,

Would you care to post that brother. I couldn't find it.

justoneofmillion

:salam2:Akhi I read it on here about three years ago!i don t know where it is .However as far as i can remember there are a lot of objections to it with sound proof from Imam Shafii,IBn Qayim Al Jawziyya,IBn taymia,Hassan Al Bassri or even Muhammad ibn Abdelwahhab And As Suyutti.I don t wanna steer up a controversy around that because people when they are inculcated an idea in mind it is useless to talk to them.Just for information sake AM NO Sufi!.Am a regular Muslim upon the Quraan and the Sunnah, Muwahhid to the bone.It is just that i stopped believing in fables.The Arguments and hates among scholars disgust me As much as all the Self righteous knowledge boasters,who have turned this deen into a battlefield.I don t even wanna hear that and this thread is not about Sufism,It is a historical and intellectual journey.If anybody wanna discuss that topic let them reply on threads who were made for that purpose,Inshallah.

haakym

love
:salam2:Akhi I read it on here about three years ago!i don t know where it is .However as far as i can remember there are a lot of objections to it with sound proof from Imam Shafii,IBn Qayim Al Jawziyya,IBn taymia,Hassan Al Bassri or even Muhammad ibn Abdelwahhab And As Suyutti.I don t wanna steer up a controversy around that because people when they are inculcated an idea in mind it is useless to talk to them.Just for information sake AM NO Sufi!.Am a regular Muslim upon the Quraan and the Sunnah, Muwahhid to the bone.It is just that i stopped believing in fables.The Arguments and hates among scholars disgust me As much as all the Self righteous knowledge boasters,who have turned this deen into a battlefield.I don t even wanna hear that and this thread is not about Sufism,It is a historical and intellectual journey.If anybody wanna discuss that topic let them reply on threads who were made for that purpose,Inshallah.

Asalaamu alaykum,

No problem brother, I just never heard it myself and thought you might know where the thread is as you mentioned it. I wasn't trying to stir up any trouble, but I can't believe that unless I read it.

Azlankhalili

al Ghazali : Greatest Islamic Scholar

Imam al Ghazali is one of the greatest Islamic scholar of ALL times.....

Azlan Khalili