The Beauty of The Beard!

~niyqaabiy~

Sami'gna wa ato'gna
The Beauty of The Beard!
by Br Tushar Imdad-ul-Haque Bhuiya

I came to eat dinner in my halls of residence one day last year when two sisters started laughing at me; I had some food stuck in my beard. They went on to innocently and honestly mock my beard saying it was messy, unnatural and unhygienic. Little did they know the rage that I felt as a result of this and I channeled this rage by unleashing my anger through my pen and out came this poem.

I performed this poem in the Leicester University/DMU Islamic Societies and Eid Celebration and it was received with much laughter and acclaim - Alhamdulillah. Due to popular demand and many requests I have decided to type my poem up and email it to my friends in Islam. Let me remind you all not to be offended as this is no fatwa or religious statement - just a funny poem that spontaneously was produced as a result of my unfortunate experience...
Tushar (12th March 2001]

"Glorified be He who beautifies women with long locks of hair
And Men with long beards
There is beauty in the beard
Aye, there is beauty in the beard!

When the lion roars all the animals submit
For the lion is the king of the jungle
The lion with its glorious mane
And a Muslim man grows his mane in pride
Showing the rest of humanity that he is to be respected
Can one imagine a lion without its mane?
Nay, thou canst not!
Then imagine a man without his beard

Woe to worldly women who mock the beards so!
Desiring husbands with clean shaven faces
Woe to women who mock the Prophets Sunnah
In the name of hygiene, neatness and smooth texture
Indeed the women of this world cannot like the beard
But she who wants Paradise adores the beard!

A beard is a gift given to man
Something only he can grow; a woman never can!
When he ponders, he gently strokes it;
When he eats, it stores food;
When he is with kids, they play with it adoringly;
When he is with his wife, she fondles it lovingly;
When the enemy see it, fear is struck in their hearts!
Ah! there is indeed beauty in the beard!

All the Prophets had beards - yes they did!
Mu'hammad :saw: had a beard - so big! so big!
All the companions had beards - o yes! o yes!
All the sages had beards - I know! I know!
All the wise have beards - tis true! tis true!
All the pious have beards - you see! you see!
All the Muslims have beards!? - if only! if only!

Who did not have beards? The kafirun!
Who had clean shaven faces? The kafirun!
Who grew their moustaches? The kafirun!
"And what did our Prophet order?" I here you ask
He ordered us to lengthen the beard and trim the moustache!
Lengthen the beard and trim the moustache!
What greater reason that this can there be
The fact that our Prophet told us to see
That we make ourselves appear to the world
As full bearded men with honour untold

O Muslim brother! Why do you desire to look like a woman
When your blessed facial hair is the differece between you and the opposite gender?
O poor Muslim brother! Why do you imitate the kafir
Instead of following the Prophet of Islam?
O silly Muslim sister! Why are you so blind?
Infatuated with Bollywood actors who have no mind!
O wretched sister! Are you not scared of your choice?
You would rather have a feminine monkey instead of an exalted manly ape!

So indeed I love my beard
And adore the curls and tangles
Which no oil, gel or superglue can ever straighten
My glorious long, curly, messy, fluffy beard!
The playhouse for kids;
The envy of Malaysian people
And the beloved of Allaah!
I maybe rejected by worldly women because of this hair on my face
But who care! For my Mum loves it and she puts all such sisters to disgrace!
Be patient Muslim brothers, who shun the trendy look for a Prophetic pose
Paradise with the wide eyed Houris is our final abode!!!!!"

Tushar

Hasbuna^Allaah wa ni'gma[t] wa kiyl

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
The playhouse for kids;

:salam2:

MashAllah
JazakAllah khair for sharing. I did not know beard can become playhouse for kids

~niyqaabiy~

Sami'gna wa ato'gna

MashAllah
JazakAllah khair for sharing. I did not know beard can become playhouse for kids

Wa iyyak. Na'am, na'am...you'd be surprised!

Hey, a Muslim man without a beard is like...what is a lion without it's mane?

Afterall it is sunnah!

Hadith - Bukhari 7:781, Narrated Ibn 'Umar

Allah's Apostle :saw: said, "Cut the moustaches short and leave the beard (as it is)."

Hadith - Muslim, Narrated AbuHurayrah

The Messenger of Allah :saw: said: Trim closely the moustache, and grow beard, and thus act against the fire-worshippers.

Hadith - Bukhari 9:651, Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri

The Prophet :saw: said, "There will emerge from the East some people who will recite the Qur'an but it will not exceed their throats and who will go out of (renounce) the religion (Islam) as an arrow passes through the game, and they will never come back to it unless the arrow, comes back to the middle of the bow (by itself) (i.e., impossible)." The people asked, "What will their signs be?" He said, "Their sign will be the habit of shaving (of their beards)."

(Fateh Al-Bari, Page 322, Vol. 17th)

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member

MashAllah

Very small children like playing with it.

Yes, Beard is obligation for men to grow as the Prophet :saw: commanded it.

however it is of little significance if the person who has it is someone with incorrect Aqeedah.

There are many Muslims who commit Shirk, kufr and innovate in Islam who have beards. From outside perhaps they look good. Well, they look disgusting to me, due to their evil actions

Fundamental Beliefs in Islam Tawheed and Aqeedah

Oh and on a further point, many brothers in their new found eagerness to grow beards do not follow the Sunnah of the Prophet :saw: and his companions properly. They have messy, untended beards and dont even trim their moustashes. (trim not shave). Its important for them to comb the beard, and also to keep it one fistful in length.

The Prophet :saw: and his Companions were men who looked after themselves, they ate well, they spent time doing physical activities ranging from archery, wrestling through to horse-riding. They were brave and also they were soft and kind men who spent time with their families.

Wasalamu Alaykum.

Umm_Ibrahim

La Ilaha Ilalah
mashALlah brothers! many brothers nowdays think beard is something not necessary mahshAllah that have brothers who folllow the right

amina88

I live & die 4 Allah
good one

WOW that was a good example of a man without beard equating to a lion without its mane. Also, its funny to think that kids think of a mas beard as a playhouse, my neices and nephews hate beard especially when it is short and spiky and is rubbing against their soft skin.

Wa iyyak. Na'am, na'am...you'd be surprised!

Hey, a Muslim man without a beard is like...what is a lion without it's mane?

Afterall it is sunnah!

Hadith - Bukhari 7:781, Narrated Ibn 'Umar

Allah's Apostle :saw: said, "Cut the moustaches short and leave the beard (as it is)."

Hadith - Muslim, Narrated AbuHurayrah

The Messenger of Allah :saw: said: Trim closely the moustache, and grow beard, and thus act against the fire-worshippers.

Hadith - Bukhari 9:651, Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri

The Prophet :saw: said, "There will emerge from the East some people who will recite the Qur'an but it will not exceed their throats and who will go out of (renounce) the religion (Islam) as an arrow passes through the game, and they will never come back to it unless the arrow, comes back to the middle of the bow (by itself) (i.e., impossible)." The people asked, "What will their signs be?" He said, "Their sign will be the habit of shaving (of their beards)."

(Fateh Al-Bari, Page 322, Vol. 17th)

amina88

I live & die 4 Allah
MATE HOW GOOD WAS THAT POEM? Especially the last paragraph. Brother, I congratulate you for having a beard, its great. There's a huge deal about hijab when the beard is the same concept but for a man. (hope it makes sense). More guys should have beards!

The Beauty of The Beard!
by Br Tushar Imdad-ul-Haque Bhuiya

I came to eat dinner in my halls of residence one day last year when two sisters started laughing at me; I had some food stuck in my beard. They went on to innocently and honestly mock my beard saying it was messy, unnatural and unhygienic. Little did they know the rage that I felt as a result of this and I channeled this rage by unleashing my anger through my pen and out came this poem.

I performed this poem in the Leicester University/DMU Islamic Societies and Eid Celebration and it was received with much laughter and acclaim - Alhamdulillah. Due to popular demand and many requests I have decided to type my poem up and email it to my friends in Islam. Let me remind you all not to be offended as this is no fatwa or religious statement - just a funny poem that spontaneously was produced as a result of my unfortunate experience...
Tushar (12th March 2001]

"Glorified be He who beautifies women with long locks of hair
And Men with long beards
There is beauty in the beard
Aye, there is beauty in the beard!

When the lion roars all the animals submit
For the lion is the king of the jungle
The lion with its glorious mane
And a Muslim man grows his mane in pride
Showing the rest of humanity that he is to be respected
Can one imagine a lion without its mane?
Nay, thou canst not!
Then imagine a man without his beard

Woe to worldly women who mock the beards so!
Desiring husbands with clean shaven faces
Woe to women who mock the Prophets Sunnah
In the name of hygiene, neatness and smooth texture
Indeed the women of this world cannot like the beard
But she who wants Paradise adores the beard!

A beard is a gift given to man
Something only he can grow; a woman never can!
When he ponders, he gently strokes it;
When he eats, it stores food;
When he is with kids, they play with it adoringly;
When he is with his wife, she fondles it lovingly;
When the enemy see it, fear is struck in their hearts!
Ah! there is indeed beauty in the beard!

All the Prophets had beards - yes they did!
Mu'hammad :saw: had a beard - so big! so big!
All the companions had beards - o yes! o yes!
All the sages had beards - I know! I know!
All the wise have beards - tis true! tis true!
All the pious have beards - you see! you see!
All the Muslims have beards!? - if only! if only!

Who did not have beards? The kafirun!
Who had clean shaven faces? The kafirun!
Who grew their moustaches? The kafirun!
"And what did our Prophet order?" I here you ask
He ordered us to lengthen the beard and trim the moustache!
Lengthen the beard and trim the moustache!
What greater reason that this can there be
The fact that our Prophet told us to see
That we make ourselves appear to the world
As full bearded men with honour untold

O Muslim brother! Why do you desire to look like a woman
When your blessed facial hair is the differece between you and the opposite gender?
O poor Muslim brother! Why do you imitate the kafir
Instead of following the Prophet of Islam?
O silly Muslim sister! Why are you so blind?
Infatuated with Bollywood actors who have no mind!
O wretched sister! Are you not scared of your choice?
You would rather have a feminine monkey instead of an exalted manly ape!

The playhouse for kids;

Tushar

Hasbuna^Allaah wa ni'gma[t] wa kiyl

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

:lol: that was funny :SMILY149:

There's a huge deal about hijab when the beard is the same concept but for a man. (hope it makes sense). More guys should have beards!
yeh i suppose so.

must91

beards a sexual enhancer - tabibs and hakims

Now this is no hadith but certainly it is a researched fact - proven by ancient persian and Indian tabib or hakims (doctors). A person who continuously shaves his beard tend to develop erection problem. There comes a time in his life whereby he losses the power of erection - it is either to the minimal or no erection at all. There are certain nerves/ or glands on our faces which has direct link to our penis like the link between the veins in our heels and our eyes. The beards when fully grown nourish these glands/ veins which results in good erection. Now a food for thought. Who are the people who use *!*!*!*!*!*! most. Non Muslims and non muslims mainly leaving in the west. Everyone's observation will lead to about 99% of these men from the west have a culture of shaving their beards.

This I cannot remeber clearly whether I read it in some explanatory note of some hadith regarding beard or grabed it from some aalims' speech. However it is very interesting and befitting.

In a linage where there is continoues shaving of beard passing from one generation to another, Allah bestows upon them the burden of gayism. Somewhere in the line, their male children will be born gay. Please ponder and look at what is happening to the western non muslim societies. many people are turning guy and even more surprising youngs boys as young as 9 -11 years old are sprouting feminity.

My intention is not to raise contravercy, however these societies have a culture of shaving beards passing through many generations now.

I am not saying Muslim dont have such problems. Muslims do have such cases but it is very less compared to non muslims. Nevertheless it would be interesting to see who are these muslims and see if them or their father or grandfather followed these very important sunnah of our Nabi Muhammad (SWS).

dianek

Forgive me for saying this, but I do not like facial hair on my husband. It hurts my face when we are close and makes him look like a scruffy street person. Maybe it is just because he doesn't manicure it properly.

dawahforever

What do you mean by this brother? My husband is Malaysian and can grow a beard. His company doesn't allow it though because they have to wear these masks things when they go into the plants and they say the beards won't fit in the masks or something.

Musulmanin

LONG LIVE BEARD!!! Alhumdullilah for such a gift for muqminoon brothers.

:SMILY346::SMILY346::SMILY346:

Jazakallah khair for sharing this.

salahdin

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
ASALAMA ALEIKUM WA RAHMATULLAHI WA BARAKATU

MASHALLAH BRO WHAT A PEOM BRO AND ITS TRUE MAY ALLAH REWARD YOU FOR THIS AMIN. ASALAMA ALEIKUM WA RAHMATULLAHI WA BARAKATU.

~niyqaabiy~

Sami'gna wa ato'gna
WOW that was a good example of a man without beard equating to a lion without its mane. Also, its funny to think that kids think of a mas beard as a playhouse, my neices and nephews hate beard especially when it is short and spiky and is rubbing against their soft skin.

Well sister, the sunnah way of growing beard is to grow it long and fluffly so it's is nice for the kids to play them or the wifey!..:shymuslima1:...er..not short and spiky....:girl3:

Yeap...what is a Muslim man without a beard is like what is a lion without its mane or what is a tiger without it's stripes or what is a rhinocerous without its horns...er...I could go on and on....I'm sure you get the idea what I'm saying here.

~niyqaabiy~

Sami'gna wa ato'gna
MATE HOW GOOD WAS THAT POEM? Especially the last paragraph. Brother, I congratulate you for having a beard, its great. There's a huge deal about hijab when the beard is the same concept but for a man. (hope it makes sense). More guys should have beards!

Na'am, I agree with you...it is as much mujahadaa[t] for sisters to be in hijaab as much as for brothers to keep their beard the Sunna[t] way not short and spiky...:girl3:

What do you mean by this brother? My husband is Malaysian and can grow a beard. His company doesn't allow it though because they have to wear these masks things when they go into the plants and they say the beards won't fit in the masks or something.

First of all, I'm a sister, al'hamduwlillaah...:blackhijab: Also I happens to be a Malay. Truthfully speaking most Malays can't grow a full "mane" but just a "goatie" BUT NOT ALL, :inshallah: This is true also that most malays envy their Indians or middle-eastern brothers that could grown a full mane, al'hamduwlillaah.

But despite all that, al'hamduwlillaah our Malay brothers still upholding the sunna[t] of keeping the beard which is important.

Please sister DO NOT take it as an offence when Brother Tushar {the writer} wrote these. I'm sure it is not his intention on belittleling {not sure of the speling though} or demeaning the Malay brothers.

:ma: this is just a ligh-hearted poem to encourage and motivate the brothers to keep their beard and upholding the Sunna[t] of the Prophet :saw:

Also, I hope it will help sisters be more aware of this sunna[t] so that could encourage their mahrams like their husband, brothers, fathers, grandfathers, uncles..etc to keep their beard, insha^Allaah.
:hijabi:

Forgive me for saying this, but I do not like facial hair on my husband. It hurts my face when we are close and makes him look like a scruffy street person. Maybe it is just because he doesn't manicure it properly.

Well, is your husband beard short and spiky, eh? Perhaps that's the reason why it hurts. If it is long and fluffly, it should be caressing nicely on your skin insha^Allaah.

Manicure it?!? :confused: Sister as a wife, you should help in mainting the husband beard...gosh this is a very good "bonding" time with your hubby. You should help in shampooing his beard then perhaps combing it with your fingers, I'm sure he like that. For a nice "glow" you could occasionally condition it with olive or almond oil.

For such a simple task, you get so much hasana[t] and thawaab from Allaahu Ta'ala and on top of that, your husband will feel so much loved and appriceated and he will definately pleased with you.

When your husband is please with you, what did the Prophet :saw: said?

Hadith - Al-Tirmidhi 3272, narrated Abu Hurayrah radhian Allaahu anhu.

When Allaah's Messenger :saw: was asked which woman was best he replied,

"The one who pleases (her husband) when he looks at her, obeys him when he gives a command, and does not go against his wishes regarding her person or property by doing anything of which he disapproves."

[Nasa'i and Bayhaqi, in Shu'ab al-Iman transmitted it.]

"O Allaah, may it be pleasing to You to put our feet firm upon the straight path!...amiyn yaa Allaah!

"O Allaah, may it be pleasing to You to guide us to that is right for Your pleasure!...amiyn yaa Allaah!

"O Allaah! It is for us to supplicate, and for You to accept. This is our effort and our reliance is on You.....amiyn yaa Allaah!"