The Deeper You Believe - The Harder The Life

MSoltanian

May Allah forgive me for my ignorance about such subject.

I've always had been religious. Having been brought to USA at age of 15, brought some challenges to my life in the respect of being able to follow Islam. Of course being in a Islamic country is a blessing because of the things that surround you and the filter that the country has put thorough. So as years passed by and I became older, my believes for Islam got stronger and I started to understand in depth of how things work. Everything seems great although I was filtering my life a lot. Finding the right friends, ending relationships with the bad fellows. People who would go to clubs at night, drink, do shameful things. Ending love relationships since knowing it was haram and of course I can't marry them at such age today 20. So didn't want to hold them up for my self because I thought it was selfish. So life has been getting a little harder due to the fact that I'm trying to be as pure as possible.

Although, I believe now the more I become faithful Allah wants to put harder challenges for me. It's the essence of that old story where the guy was so religious yet his life was horrible. Why? Because god wanted to see if he would turn his back toward him. Lately a lot of problems have been put toward me and it's getting harder and harder to concentrate. The more I beg Allah to help me, it seems things never go right. Even though I'm now putting 150%, still the things I care most about aren't happening. I'm really into education and that's the most important thing in my life for me. But no matter how hard I try, something happens that ruins all of my hard work.

My Problem:

My problem comes from when I see kids my age doing every sort of sins and they are doing a lot better than me in life. They are happy, they make good money, and they aren't even Muslim. So how is that fair? I know Allah has said, don't EVER question why his other members have better life's than others despite what they practice and how they react in life, but It just doesn't add up. I know there are people who don't have bread to eat at night and I should thank god just for the food I have, but then again I'm working really hard for all the things I have. I don't have rich parents, never inherited any money and amongst my friends, I'm angel as my family have named me. I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't have a GF, I don't go out, I respect my parents to the fullest, I don't require much money from them. I try to help them as much as possible in life and the things they can't do themselves. But yet, the only a few things I want right in my life never go as planned and always leaves a bitter taste.

If something good were to happen, it's rapidly followed by a bad event to cancel it out. At no one time I can be fully happy for what I have. Then I see all these other kids who are sinful, but with the slightest good deed a lot of good things happen. So It's like the customers for Cellphone service providers. The new ones get a better deal than the old committed ones. Not to this day have I lost any faith or questioned the power of Allah. God forbid, but even though I blame my self for everything so god doesn't get angry, I'm just getting weaker.

So help me, what should I do for him to help me even though I try to be the best in life. So at least, I get a fair game in life.

:(

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum brother MSoltanian!
First of all, no matter how much you try to do good, it will never be enough. In other words, to expect a reward from Allah swt in return for our good deeds is naivity as can not even be thankful enough for what he gave us already. For example, eyes, ears, legs, feet, ability to think, family...and countless other things. We should learn to live in hope of his mercy and fear of his anger. Most importantly, we are not doing business with Allah swt. Our love for him should be unconditional.

Secondly, never be despair as this act in itself leads to dangerous consequences.

Thirdly, we should rather seek a reward in the hereafter, on that difficult day of judgement. We should pray more and more to Allah swt to save us from hell and grant us jannah.

Never say you have done enough. Striving in Allah's pleasure is never enough and it is a continuous jihad.
And lastly, learn more about the life of Muhammad sallallahu alaihe wasallam and his companions. Prophet Muhammad pbuh spent most of his life in hunger and hardship. Who are we to expect better than him in any aspects of life.

Learn to be patient brother.
Jazakllahu khairan
Wassalmu alaikum warahmatullah

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
May Allah forgive me for my ignorance about such subject.

I've always had been religious. Having been brought to USA at age of 15, brought some challenges to my life in the respect of being able to follow Islam. Of course being in a Islamic country is a blessing because of the things that surround you and the filter that the country has put thorough. So as years passed by and I became older, my believes for Islam got stronger and I started to understand in depth of how things work. Everything seems great although I was filtering my life a lot. Finding the right friends, ending relationships with the bad fellows. People who would go to clubs at night, drink, do shameful things. Ending love relationships since knowing it was haram and of course I can't marry them at such age today 20. So didn't want to hold them up for my self because I thought it was selfish. So life has been getting a little harder due to the fact that I'm trying to be as pure as possible.

Although, I believe now the more I become faithful Allah wants to put harder challenges for me. It's the essence of that old story where the guy was so religious yet his life was horrible. Why? Because god wanted to see if he would turn his back toward him. Lately a lot of problems have been put toward me and it's getting harder and harder to concentrate. The more I beg Allah to help me, it seems things never go right. Even though I'm now putting 150%, still the things I care most about aren't happening. I'm really into education and that's the most important thing in my life for me. But no matter how hard I try, something happens that ruins all of my hard work.

My Problem:

My problem comes from when I see kids my age doing every sort of sins and they are doing a lot better than me in life. They are happy, they make good money, and they aren't even Muslim. So how is that fair? I know Allah has said, don't EVER question why his other members have better life's than others despite what they practice and how they react in life, but It just doesn't add up. I know there are people who don't have bread to eat at night and I should thank god just for the food I have, but then again I'm working really hard for all the things I have. I don't have rich parents, never inherited any money and amongst my friends, I'm angel as my family have named me. I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't have a GF, I don't go out, I respect my parents to the fullest, I don't require much money from them. I try to help them as much as possible in life and the things they can't do themselves. But yet, the only a few things I want right in my life never go as planned and always leaves a bitter taste.

If something good were to happen, it's rapidly followed by a bad event to cancel it out. At no one time I can be fully happy for what I have. Then I see all these other kids who are sinful, but with the slightest good deed a lot of good things happen. So It's like the customers for Cellphone service providers. The new ones get a better deal than the old committed ones. Not to this day have I lost any faith or questioned the power of Allah. God forbid, but even though I blame my self for everything so god doesn't get angry, I'm just getting weaker.

So help me, what should I do for him to help me even though I try to be the best in life. So at least, I get a fair game in life.

:(

:salam2: dear brother

i understand what you mean when it comes to the many challenges we face when we become more serious with our deen. we have to remember that this life is a test. we also have to remember that we all have the same enemy by the name of Shaytan that wishes to lead us away from the right path. very often he whispers in our ears, things that help create doubt in believing in Allah SWT. he'll say if Allah is such and such how come you're poor? if Allah is such and such, why hasn't he brought you a wife? etc.

keep in mind that although there may be rich muslims or rich non-muslims, Allah SWT will question them one day as to what these people did with their riches. did they use it for zakah or sadaqa or did they only use it for cars, fancy homes, and women? at the same token muslims that are less fortunate are questioned too. were we despite our being poor, able to say ALLAHU AKBAR or ALHAMDULILLAH with a true heart or we able to deal with the qadar of being single or childless.

very often the rich people aren't very happy people. they're often very stressed. many turn to drugs, alcohol and illicit relationships to escape from reality. but ALHAMDULILLAH you being a muslim that isn't rich, can say that you have something that brings you peace i.e. islam al deen-ul-haqq. following this deen will take you to the place where it is better than all of the things in this world. what is better than jannah al-firdaus?

remember that this world is only the joy of deception.

:wasalam: your brother in islam

nyerekareem

Islam4meandyou

Assalamu alaikom. The word Bawar used "jihad" is what you are dealig with. You don't have to doubt your religion to know that life is hard. Everyhting is a test and needs patience. No matter how hard, just pray Allah to keep guiding you and for patience. No matter how much we suffer in this life, it is better than hellfire. Live your life for Allah, Islam, and keep up the good work. It is a huge blessing for Allah to have taken you away from the bad influences and put you where you are today. That is a challenge in itself. We have to take one day at a time and do as many good deeds as possible. Don't focus on the rewards in this life, focus on the rewards in the hereafter!!! All Americans say LIFE ISN"T FAIR. So as Muslims, we should know to except anything from Allah.

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy
Assalamualikum,

Although, I believe now the more I become faithful Allah wants to put harder challenges for me. It's the essence of that old story where the guy was so religious yet his life was horrible. Why?

Once when i was in high school, i participated in a high jump contest. There were many participants. Each time we successfully jumped a height it was increased to more. A time came when it was increased to a level that no one could cross but only me. I thought I had won and that was the end of competition.

However, to my surprise the supervisor asked to increase the level further and asked me to jump again. When I looked at him curiously he replied “We want to see how more you can jump”. I never forget those words and yes I still was able to jump even higher.

In this test of life, when we pass a test, Allah may put harder test. Every harder test is a new achievement in itself. But you asked why? The reason is, Allah loves us so much that he wants to reward us to highest possible degree. But his rewards are based upon our deeds / actions. Allah gives us chances to increase the levels of these rewards.

However, Allah clearly says in Quran that he does not put the load on a soul more than it can bear it. Moreover, if you are not being rewarded for your patience in this life, a big reward awaits you in the life hereafter.

2:281 And fear the Day when ye shall be brought back to Allah. Then shall every SOUL be paid what it earned, and none shall be dealt with unjustly.

2:286 On no SOUL doth Allah Place a burden greater than it can bear. It gets every good that it earns, and it suffers every ill that it earns. (Pray) "Our Lord! Condemn us not if we forget or fall into error; our Lord! Lay not on us a burden Like that which Thou didst lay on those before us; Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Blot out our sins, and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. Thou art our Protector; Help us against those who stand against faith."

6:164 Say: "Shall I seek for (my) Cherisher other than Allah, when He is the Cherisher of all things (that exist)? Every SOUL draws the meed of its acts on none but itself: no bearer of burdens can bear of burdens can bear the burden of another. Your goal in the end is towards Allah. He will tell you the truth of the things wherein ye disputed."

16:111 One Day every SOUL will come up struggling for itself, and every SOUL will be recompensed (fully) for all its actions, and none will be unjustly dealt with.

18:28 And keep thy SOUL content with those who call on their Lord morning and evening, seeking His Face; and let not thine eyes pass beyond them, seeking the pomp and glitter of this Life; no obey any whose heart We have permitted to neglect the remembrance of Us, one who follows his own desires, whose case has gone beyond all bounds.

21:47 We shall set up scales of justice for the Day of Judgment, so that not a SOUL will be dealt with unjustly in the least, and if there be (no more than) the weight of a mustard seed, We will bring it (to account): and enough are We to take account.

23:62 On no SOUL do We place a burden greater than it can bear: before Us is a record which clearly shows the truth: they will never be wronged.

2:177 It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces Towards east or West; but it is righteousness- to believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers; to spend of your substance, out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves; to be steadfast in prayer, and practice regular charity; to fulfil the contracts which ye have made; and to be firm and patient, in pain (or suffering) and adversity, and throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth, the Allah.fearing.

89:27 (To the righteous SOUL will be said) "O (thou) soul, in (complete) rest and satisfaction!

13:24 "Peace unto you for that ye persevered in PATIENCE! Now how excellent is the final home!"

23:111 "I have rewarded them this Day for their PATIENCE and constancy: they are indeed the ones that have achieved Bliss..."

25:20 And the apostles whom We sent before thee were all (men) who ate food and walked through the streets: We have made some of you as a trial for others: will ye have PATIENCE? for Allah is One Who sees (all things).

40:77 So persevere in PATIENCE; for the Promise of Allah is true: and whether We show thee (in this life) some part of what We promise them,- or We take thy soul (to Our Mercy) (before that),-(in any case) it is to Us that they shall (all) return.

As for those who are enjoying the life even after their sinful deeds, you may be reminded of a fisherman with some attractive food attached to the end of fishing rod. Once a fish is caught in, the fisherman releases more and more of string so that fish can enjoy the food and is caught firmly. But after a certain period he suddenly pulls out the string out of water and that is the end of fish.

bdot

As salam brother,

Bawar is right. We can never expect anything from Allah (swt) because as long as we exist, we are allows owing Allah (swt) for the blessing of existing. As for those who you see sinning and "suceeding", never even worry a tiny bit of that. If they are designated by Allah (swt) to be kufar, the good they receive in this life will only push them further into sin making life even worse for them in the hereafter because they did not change their ways. Remember, every hardship is a blessing from Allah (swt) in that He (swt) gives you the chance to prove your faith through patience and constancy. Good things in life are blessings as well which we should be thankful for. However, is it not when we patiently persevear through the obstacles of life that we are showing our merit as Muslims the most. Trust me brother, if you can handle whatever hardship you face with patience, you will have sooo much waiting for you in the future: both in this life and the next, In shaa Allah. So be thankful for the hard times and look forward to the good times that only Allah (swt) can grant, and that He (swt) only grants to the true believers; the ones who practice patience and constancy.

(Surah Al'aswr)
wal' aswr
innal insaana lafii khusr
illal ladziina aamanuu wa 'amilusw-swaaliHaati wa tawaaswau bilHaqqi wa tawaaswau bisw-swabr

"By the token of time through the Ages"
"Verily Man is in loss"
"Except such as have faith, and do righteous deeds, and join together in the mutual teaching of Truth, and of Patience and Constancy."

As salamualaikum waRahmatuAllahi wa barakatu

aisha ali

salam brother

first of all brother in islam say alhamdulilah and remember this life is atest and not forever,pray every prayer as its the last one if its isha pray like u wont reach fajr and inshaallah Allah will show u the right,the other thing don't compare urself with non muslim who ain't even grateful to the lord who created them so beautiful.
last but not the least look at all wat u hve,look at ur muslim brothers and sisters who stay days without eating anything,believe me am from aworn torn country somali and lost most of familly so u atleast u hve ur family with u, when i went back home and saw the situation i spent days without eating and it increased my imaan,some having food but jst can't eat coz of the war,atleast watever we hve to eat we can eat in peace,how many are school dropout jst becoz they could'nt afford?.so have patience and inshaalah u wil overcome and don't forget all good and bad come from Allah sw.

and one more thing life is jst full of problem and knw that all people on earth are having challenges too but they deal with it different.[think more constantly about death and inshaalah u will overcome.
maasalam for now.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam brother,

As you get wiser you will learn that life is not comparative. We will not be judged on the merits of others. Because our duty to Allah is individual, we are told to lower our gaze.
Fun, is a word that belongs to the young. Often it is a subsitute for wasting time. By choice you are a Muslim. By choice you want to serve Allah. You are not wasting time.
A simple remedy is to surrond yourself with Muslims. The joy (fun ) comes back into your life. You have a grand purpose in life.
Education is very important and it is encouraged for Muslims to excell. Work hard. Take courage from the responses of your brothers and sisters here.
In a country full of the kuffirs it is very loney being a Muslim, but it also makes our personal jihads stronger. Think of the suffering of our brothers and sisters throughout the world. They do not complain.
Allah has told us this life is more than amusement...think of how blessed you are to be surronded by the turth. Say Alhumdullilah and move forward.
You have a family here, they will help you at all times.

halah

Asslamu alaikum:
Don't compare yourself with those sinful kids because by the end of the day you will be the winner insha'allah, and be sure that going into any evil(haram) thing never never brings any happiness whether in this life or in the hereafter.:hijabi:

nazir

Asalaamu Alaykum,
Brother life is test, Allah has said in the Qur'an that do u think He the Most High will leave you without trials and tests when u utter the testfication of faith. Nay, and know that the strongest believers get tested the most, and consequently when that test is faced head on, and with patience the reward is greater. Do not compare the 'apparent' success of those around you though they indulge in grievous sins, why? Allah is only increasing them in misguidance, how? The success that they have only fuels thier arrogance into thinking its due to their hedonistic way of life. However, as Muslims we know that the true success lies in gaining the pleasure of the Almighty. Do not feel defeated as you still have your soul in your body, and reflect on this saying which is ascribed to the blindness of those who chase this life for its finite corruptable treasures, and who care not for the next life:
O' PEOPLE WHO TAKE PLEASURE
IN A WORLD THAT WILL VANISH
FALLING IN LOVE
WITH A FADING SHADOW
IS SHEER STUPIDITY.
Remember, our only true unchanging purpose is worshipping Allah. If you are trying hard in your exams and still not getting expected results then know that this is a blessing, why? if we are putting a 150% in our worldly work and still not being 'brilliant', why does man think that he can put 10 or 20% effort in worhsipping the Creator and Maintainer of all and still expect to pass with flying colours? Continue with your worship, have hope in Allah, be mindful of His prohibitions, and know that true success lies with Him the Most High.
Please forgive me if i have made any errors and pray for my guidance also.
Wassalaam

MSoltanian

Many inspirational responses guys. I'm sorry that for a second I even doubt the power of Allah and his help toward my life. I'm just under a lot of pressure and things weren't adding up. I feel a lot better and I will thank him just for the simple things it has given me. Ill try to work harder for him so he rewards me in afterlife. Thanks a lot all of you, I read every response. It brought tears to my eyes when I smacked my self with the reality of this is the work of sheytan.

May Allah bless you all for such boost you have given me today. Each one of you. I'll print this note and read the responses daily to overcome my fears and my challenges.

Mehdi

nazir

May Allah make it easier for you, and we pray that Allah gives u strength and keeps you on the straight path, and raises you up in the company of the prophets, martyrs and all the righteous people. Wassalaam

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
We should be grateful that we have another day to worship Allah. Whatever we dont have was not meant for us to have, and for our own good. We should be content and know that in Jannah, will be all the riches we can imagine. Read the suras describing Jannah, so beautiful mashallah. That is what keeps me going. Dont worry what everyone else have, be thankful for what Allah has given you, and say Alhamdullilah!! We should never abandon duaa, it really does help.:hijabi:

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy
:salam2:

Brother there are two different videos that might also help you.

1. [yt]vCMqkmWOB80[/yt]

2). [yt]AxPw374EBc8[/yt]

Wassalam