The future of muslims in the west - Brother Nouman Ali Khan

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Salaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi,

After reading a particular thread on TTI which suggested that it might be best for muslims to pack their bags and return home, I thought I should post a lecture that I recently watched where an alternative idea is mooted.

The below is a well presented & highly engrossing lecture presented by Brother Nouman Ali Khan titled 'The future of muslims in the west'.

[yt]ptvWCd3tIMQ[/yt]

Special thanks to brother muslimda3ee who brought Br Nouman's lectures to our attention on TTI.

JazakAllahu Khayran for watching.

AdamMuslim

Assalamou Alikom Warahmatou Allah,

Jazaka Allah kolla kheir dear brother.

I think that the post you've refereed to is a post of mine and I still stand by my opinion that, given the ever growing islamophobia in the west, It would be better to leave. Personally, I do not wish to rise my children where they will be constantly reminded that they are not welcomed! And things are getting worse and worse!

But that's my personal opinion !

Wassalam

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Assalamou Alikom Warahmatou Allah,

Jazaka Allah kolla kheir dear brother.

I think that the post you've refereed to is a post of mine and I still stand by my opinion that, given the ever growing islamophobia in the west, It would be better to leave. Personally, I do not wish to rise my children where they will be constantly reminded that they are not welcomed! And things are getting worse and worse!

But that's my personal opinion !

Wassalam

:salam2:

No, brother. It was not the thread you started. This thread in no way is a refutation any previously suggested ideas (or sentiments). I just thought I would share something well thought and presented and most importantly something different. While reading a certain thread, I was reminded of this video lecture and I thought to post it here. That's all. :)

May Allah azz zawajal lead you to whatever is best for you and your family. Ameen

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

AdamMuslim

Now with regard to this lecture I think that the brother raised two important issue!

First: Muslims are over 1.4 billion and I think that less than 1/7 of the ummah can truly feel the greatness of Coran because they speak and understand arbic. This is a very important issue and my Allah bless him for pointing out this. I have a Turkish friend here with whom I used to share an office and he is really as sweet as they come and he is very good Muslim but he did not understand a single word from Coran. This should be dealt with and every Muslim should have a minimum knowledge of Arabic to keep his akeedah safe.

Second: Muslim in the west are sets of disconnected individuals! No sense of a community whatsoever. And that's why my point is valid. Indeed, unless the Muslim communities in the west start thinking as group they will have no power to build a better future for themselves and for their children.

Wassalam