The Importance of Prayer as narrated in The Ahadith

abdulmajeed31

Prayer was the ultimate joy for the Prophet ﷺ; it was his source of relief and happiness. Allah’s Apostle ﷺ loved to offer prayer and claimed it as a resource of his comfort and relief. He ﷺ used to stand in prayers for long hours besides the five obligatory prayers. He ﷺ also offered Tahajud prayer in the last hours of nights praying for Allah’s mercy on His Ummah.

-Al-Mughira ibn Shu`ba narrated; “The companions of Allah Apostle ﷺ stated that the Prophet used to pray so much that his feet swollen, and when he was asked of the reason, he would say, “Shall I not be a gratified slave (of Allah)?” –Al Bukhari.

-In another hadith stated by Anas Ibn Malik RZ Prophet Muhammad ﷺ stated, “Women and fragrance have been made cherished to me, but my comfort has been provided in prayer.” –An-Nasa’i

-Ubadah ibn As-Samit stated; I heard the Messenger of Allah ﷺ say: “Allah, the Exalted, has made five prayers obligatory. If anyone perfectly performs ablution, offers them at their (right) time, and observes bowing and submissiveness with perfection in them, Allah guarantees that He will forgive him.” -Abu Dawood