THE MASJIDS ARE STILL STANDING

shariqhitman

Abdus Salam (Dominican Republic):

“We are in contact with brothers that are in the masjid in Haiti and it was said that all the masjid are standing while all the churches were destroyed. So the brothers and sisters are waiting there for the help of Allah. Ya Allah make it easy on them . . . Ameen!

I read this on two accounts about the Haiti Earthquake and I was curious about it.

Is this a coincidence or some divine intervention? Most skeptics will say it's not divine intervention at all and that this had to happen, but this fascinates me. I think that this is not the first case that it happened, but I can also say that it happened in some countries with churches in the Second World War. Everything would be in ruins except for the church. Other times some building would explode. Everything would be broken except for the statue of the Madonna or some other religious object. and also during tsunami were some mosque and religious monuments in Indonesia and in some other islands were standing and rest were in ruins

Please discuss and tell me what you think of it.

q8penpals

Salam

The same thing was noticed after the tsunami several years ago - most churches and mosques were still left standing.

I believe it is because (especially in poorer countries) many of these houses of worship are built by (or the building was sponsored by) benefactors with money, therefore the buildings are much stronger than an average building in a poor country. In the tsunami - they said many of the homes were little more than mud-bricks (water would destroy them easily); in Haiti, the poverty led most buildings to be built in a sub-par manner (it was reported that many multi-level buildings didn't even have steel re-bar reinforcements).

Houses of worship have traditionally been buildings that people will take their time to do correctly.

This is my opinion based on facts.