The meaning of Ayahs?

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu dear brothers and sisters

I pray to Allah you all are well with mercy of Allah, Inshallah. :tti_sister:

Dear brothers and sisters, I have question about meaning of two Ayahs in Quran, which I really do not understand,and I feel confused about their meanings.

Can any more knowledgable brother or sister please explain me the meaning of these two Ayahs, Inshallah.

Allah subhanhu wa teala sais in Quran: "And those of your women who commit illegal sexual intercourse, take the evidence of four witnesses from amongst you against them; and if they testify, confine them (i.e. women) to houses until death comes to them or Allah ordains for them some (other) way."

"And the two persons (man and woman) among you who commit illegal sexual intercourse, punish them both. And if they repent (promise Allah that they will never repeat, i.e. commit illegal sexual intercourse and other similar sins) and do righteous good deeds, leave them alone. Surely, Allah is Ever the One Who accepts repentance, (and He is) Most Merciful." ( Surah An Nissa, Ayah 15, 16)

I do not understand why Allah has order this kind of punishment only for woman if she does zinna Astagfirullah,and not equal punishment for man. And I also do not understand why Allah sais in the second ayah, that if man and woman commit zinaa, if they repeant they should be forgiveen, while in many places Allah orders that Fasiquns( wrongdoers) be punish for thier sins.

And Allah knows the best.

May Allah bless you brothers and sisters and all of us. Ameen ya Rabby

:wasalam:

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalaam walaikum,

Are they married?

Wa allaicum salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu dear sister

Jazzak Allah khair sister for your reply, but I did not understood your question.

Shariah punishment should be applied both for married Muslims and aslo for unmmaried Muslims Alhadmulillah.

But as I can read in translation of Quran dear sister, Allah subhanahu wa teala sais in meaning that this order is directed toward married woman,and punishment for keeping woman closed in home is for her husband.?

I hope Inshallah Inshallah some more knowledgable brother or sister can answer, because I really do not understand these Ayahs.

May Allah guide us all. Allahume Ameen

salahdin

There are two types of diseases that attack the heart, one doubt and error, and the second lust and desire; both are mentioned in the Qur'an.Imam Ibn ul Qayyim al Jawziyyah.

Doubt and error thats one of the weapons of shaytan .

The Adulteress is Confined in her House; A Command Later Abrogated

At the beginning of Islam, the ruling was that if a woman commits adultery as stipulated by sufficient proof, she was confined to her home, without leave, until she died.

Allah said,

وَاللاَّتِي يَأْتِينَ الْفَاحِشَةَ مِن نِّسَآئِكُمْ فَاسْتَشْهِدُواْ عَلَيْهِنَّ أَرْبَعةً مِّنكُمْ فَإِن شَهِدُواْ فَأَمْسِكُوهُنَّ فِي الْبُيُوتِ حَتَّىَ يَتَوَفَّاهُنَّ الْمَوْتُ أَوْ يَجْعَلَ اللّهُ لَهُنَّ سَبِيلاً ﴿١٥﴾​

And those of your women who commit illegal sexual intercourse, take the evidence of four witnesses from among you against them; and if they testify, confine them (i.e. women) to houses until death comes to them or Allah ordains for them some (other) way.

`Some other way' mentioned here is the abrogation of this ruling that came later.

Ibn Abbas said,

"The early ruling was confinement, until Allah sent down Surah An-Nur (Surah 24) which abrogated that ruling with the ruling of flogging (for fornication) or stoning to death (for adultery).''

Similar was reported from Ikrimah, Sa`id bin Jubayr, Al-Hasan, Ata Al-Khurasani, Abu Salih, Qatadah, Zayd bin Aslam and Ad-Dahhak, and this is a matter that is agreed upon.

Imam Ahmad recorded that Ubadah bin As-Samit said,

"When the revelation descended upon the Messenger of Allah, it would affect him and his face would show signs of strain. One day, Allah sent down a revelation to him, and when the Messenger was relieved of its strain, he said,

خُذُوا عَنِّي، قَدْ جَعَلَ اللهُ لَهُنَّ سَبِيلًا، الثَّيِّبُ بِالثَّيِّبِ، وَالْبِكْرُ بِالْبِكْرِ، الثَّــيِّبُ جَلْدُ مِائَةٍ، وَرَجْمٌ بِالْحِجَارَةِ، وَالْبِكْرُ جَلْدُ مِائَةٍ ثُمَّ نَفْيُ سَنَة​

Take from me: Allah has made some other way for them. The married with the married, the unmarried with the unmarried. The married gets a hundred lashes and stoning to death, while the unmarried gets a hundred lashes then banishment for a year.''

Muslim and the collectors of the Sunan recorded that Ubadah bin As-Samit said that the Prophet said,

خُذُوا عَنِّي خُذُوا عَنِّي، قَدْ جَعَلَ اللهُ لَهُنَّ سَبِيلًا، الْبِكْرُ بِالْبِكْرِ جَلْدُ مِائَةٍ وَتَغْرِيبُ عَامٍ، وَالثَّيِّبُ بِالثَّيِّبِ جَلْدُ مِائَةٍ وَالرَّجْم​

Take from me, take from me. Allah has made some other way for them: the (unmarried) gets a hundred lashes and banishment for one year, while the (married) gets a hundred lashes and stoning to death.

At-Tirmidhi said, "Hasan Sahih''.

Allah said,

وَاللَّذَانَ يَأْتِيَانِهَا مِنكُمْ فَآذُوهُمَا ...​

And the two persons among you who commit illegal sexual intercourse, punish them both.

Ibn Abbas and Sa`id bin Jubayr said that;

this punishment includes cursing, shaming them and beating them with sandals.

This was the ruling until Allah abrogated it with flogging or stoning, as we stated.

Mujahid said,

"It was revealed about the case of two men who do it.''

As if he was referring to the actions of the people of Lut, and Allah knows best.

The collectors of Sunan recorded that Ibn Abbas said that the Messenger of Allah said,

مَنْ رَأَيْتُمُوهُ يَعْمَلُ عَمَلَ قَوْمِ لُوطٍ، فَاقْتُلُوا الْفَاعِلَ وَالْمَفْعُولَ بِه​
Whoever you catch committing the act of the people of Lut (homosexuality), then kill both parties to the act.

Allah said,

... فَإِن تَابَا وَأَصْلَحَا ...​

And if they repent and do righteous good deeds,

by refraining from that evil act, and thereafter their actions become righteous.

... فَأَعْرِضُواْ عَنْهُمَا ...​

leave them alone,

do not verbally abuse them after that, since he who truly repents is just like he who has no sin.

... إِنَّ اللّهَ كَانَ تَوَّابًا رَّحِيمًا ﴿١٦﴾​

Surely, Allah is Ever the One Who accepts repentance, Most Merciful.

The following is recorded in the Two Sahihs:

إِذَا زَنَتْ أَمَةُ أَحَدِكُمْ، فَلْيَجْلِدْهَا الْحَدَّ، وَلَا يُثَرِّبْ عَلَيْهَا​

When the slave-girl of one of you commits illegal sexual intercourse, let him flog her and not chastise her afterwards.

because the lashes she receives erase the sin that she has committed.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

The Adulteress is Confined in her House; A Command Later Abrogated

At the beginning of Islam, the ruling was that if a woman commits adultery as stipulated by sufficient proof, she was confined to her home, without leave, until she died.

Allah said,

وَاللاَّتِي يَأْتِينَ الْفَاحِشَةَ مِن نِّسَآئِكُمْ فَاسْتَشْهِدُواْ عَلَيْهِنَّ أَرْبَعةً مِّنكُمْ فَإِن شَهِدُواْ فَأَمْسِكُوهُنَّ فِي الْبُيُوتِ حَتَّىَ يَتَوَفَّاهُنَّ الْمَوْتُ أَوْ يَجْعَلَ اللّهُ لَهُنَّ سَبِيلاً ﴿١٥﴾​

And those of your women who commit illegal sexual intercourse, take the evidence of four witnesses from among you against them; and if they testify, confine them (i.e. women) to houses until death comes to them or Allah ordains for them some (other) way.

`Some other way' mentioned here is the abrogation of this ruling that came later.

Ibn Abbas said,

"The early ruling was confinement, until Allah sent down Surah An-Nur (Surah 24) which abrogated that ruling with the ruling of flogging (for fornication) or stoning to death (for adultery).''

Similar was reported from Ikrimah, Sa`id bin Jubayr, Al-Hasan, Ata Al-Khurasani, Abu Salih, Qatadah, Zayd bin Aslam and Ad-Dahhak, and this is a matter that is agreed upon.

And the two persons among you who commit illegal sexual intercourse, punish them both.

Ibn Abbas and Sa`id bin Jubayr said that;

this punishment includes cursing, shaming them and beating them with sandals.

This was the ruling until Allah abrogated it with flogging or stoning, as we stated.

Mujahid said,

"It was revealed about the case of two men who do it.''

As if he was referring to the actions of the people of Lut, and Allah knows best.

Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Jazzak Allah khair and thank you dear brother for your answer. Alhadmulillah it is very helpfull for me.

But I do not understand why Allah has made this kind of punishment only for woman and not the same kind of punishment for man, before revealing other Ayahs and before our Prophet sallahu alayha wa salam made the clear Shariah punishment for act of zinaa?

I aslo do not understand why Allah sais in this ayah ""And the two persons (man and woman) among you who commit illegal sexual intercourse, punish them both. And if they repent (promise Allah that they will never repeat, i.e. commit illegal sexual intercourse and other similar sins) and do righteous good deeds, leave them alone. Surely, Allah is Ever the One Who accepts repentance, (and He is) Most Merciful." ( Surah An Nissa, ayah 16) that those who commit even more evil act than zinna, like Prophet Lut alayha wa salam people done Astagfirullah, should be forgiveen,and that adulteress should be punished with death.?

May Allah guide us all.

Idris16

But I do not understand why Allah has made this kind of punishment only for woman and not the same kind of punishment for man, before revealing other Ayahs and before our Prophet sallahu alayha wa salam made the clear Shariah punishment for act of zinaa?
It isn't interesting. Because the ayah is abrogated. We have new punishments for zina now. :)

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
It isn't interesting. Because the ayah is abrogated. We have new punishments for zina now. :)

Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for your reply.

Alhadmulillah I understood that Ayah about punishment for act of zinna( fornification and adultary) which Allah subhanhu wa teala revealed in the begining was after abrogated with complete explination from Quran and Sunnah of our Prophet sallahu alayha wa saalam.

But I do not understand why Allah has revealed this Ayah with punishment only for woman, and why there is no other Ayah which continues after this Ayah and explain the same punishment for man also?

I aslo do not understand the second question which I have asked in my previous post.I hope Inshallah some brother or sister have answers from Quran and Sunnah which can explain these questions.

May Allah guide all of us. Ameen :tti_sister:

Idris16

** Bismillâh - Reminder **

wa alaykum salam warahmatullah wabarakatuh
It is He who has sent down to you, [O Muhammad], the Book; in it are verses [that are] precise - they are the foundation of the Book - and others unspecific. As for those in whose hearts is deviation [from truth], they will follow that of it which is unspecific, seeking discord and seeking an interpretation [suitable to them].

And no one knows its [true] interpretation except Allah . But those firm in knowledge say, "We believe in it. All [of it] is from our Lord." And no one will be reminded except those of understanding. [âl-`Imrân;7]
This is a general reminder and NOT only for you my sister Asja:) Jazakillah khayr.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
wa alaykum salam warahmatullah wabarakatuh

This is a general reminder and NOT only for you my sister Asja:) Jazakillah khayr.

Alhamdulilah I know dear brother that it is only a general remainder for all of us. May Allah protect us all from any doubts in our hearts. Ameen ya Rabby

May Allah reward you brother for your helpfull answers, mashallah. :tti_sister:

And I pray to Allah that He help us to understand wisdom behind and meaning behind His words. Allahume Ameen

May Allah forgive me if I said anything wrong. Ameen.