The most trustworthy bond is the one with Allah

Ershad

This is the whole point I am emphasizing that Qur'aan has said that she-spider adopted a house.

When people start expanding it with thier own imagination without having bothered to see a spider in their own houses they bring in contradictions. The point is only this that the Adopted house and Web are absolutely two different things. It does not need more than a little common sense to differentiate betwenn these two different things. And note the difference that Qur'aan did not say "She made a house" or that "she makes a house".

Give me one reason why I should follow your imagination?

Mazhara

Whoever explains the Qur'an with his opinion or with what he has no knowledge of, then let him assume his seat in the Fire.

I pray Allah the Exalted does not adjudge on this basis, otherwise, there will be few exegetes finding way towards Paradise. Margins of Qur'aan are filled with their far fetched opinions and even baseless untrue assertions, including ridiculous stories borrowed from Jews.

Mazhara

Give me one reason why I should follow your imagination?

Where did I suggest it to you. I am only suggesting that read about spider. Spider itself is the document for study. Know facts about Spider and get rid of blindly following gossips of people.

Mazhara

Secondly brother, you use Encyclopedia Britannica to write tafsir of Qur'an. Is that how the Messenger :saw2: explained the Qur'an? Qur'an explains itself and moreover, Sunnah further explains it, not Encyclopedia Britannica.

Sorry brother, I do not wirte what you term "tafsir". Qur'aan is the "Tafsir" which means to disclose a thing not earlier known to someone. Encyclopaedia is quoted for facts about the Spider. This is called Knowledge. Base your understanding on knowledge and not on imaginative flights of people.

Ershad

Where did I suggest it to you. I am only suggesting that read about spider. Spider itself is the document for study. Know facts about Spider and get rid of blindly following gossips of people.

Gossips? Are you saying that tafsir Ibn Katheer and Ibn Abbass are gossips? Alhamdulilah, that is enough for me.

Ershad

Sorry brother, I do not wirte what you term "tafsir". Qur'aan is the "Tafsir" which means to disclose a thing not earlier known to someone. Encyclopaedia is quoted for facts about the Spider. This is called Knowledge. Base your understanding on knowledge and not on imaginative flights of people.

This is what I am saying. You do not use these "scientific facts from Encyclopaedia" to explain Qur'an. That is not the methodology. Say, there is some other new finding in future, are you going to change your explanation or are you going to say that Qur'an is wrong?

Mazhara

This is what I am saying. You do not use these "scientific facts from Encyclopaedia" to explain Qur'an. That is not the methodology. Say, there is some other new finding in future, are you going to change your explanation or are you going to say that Qur'an is wrong?

Thanks. The point I emphasize is that restrict to the Words of Qur'aan, it is the truth that will never be affected in time and space. When Qur'aan says "she adopted a house" do not stetch it to Web of Spider.

Ershad

Thanks. The point I emphasize is that restrict to the Words of Qur'aan, it is the truth that will never be affected in time and space. When Qur'aan says "she adopted a house" do not stetch it to Web of Spider.

Thanks for the advice, brother. Can I ask you a question?-Completely off-topic but just interested - What is your view regarding using the Hadeeths to explain Qur'aan ? Because, it is also source of explanation of Qur'aan.

Mazhara

Thanks for the advice, brother. Can I ask you a question?-Completely off-topic but just interested - What is your view regarding using the Hadeeths to explain Qur'aan ? Because, it is also source of explanation of Qur'aan.

Perhaps you have forgotten or missied post 10 above which was in answer to your post.

The Messenger explained to his companions the Qur'aan and we have to use that explanation.

Where is the explanation where it was said that Bait means Web of Spider

You did not quote me the Hadith which I could use and put in the Article to improve or amend it.

Ershad

Perhaps you have forgotten or missied post 10 above which was in answer to your post.

You did not quote me the Hadith which I could use and put in the Article to improve or amend it.

I am not expert of Hadeeth. I am a layman. I am asking you a very general question. What is your opinion using Hadiths for explaining Qur'aan ? I am not asking you regarding this particular verse or anything.

Mazhara

When you admit that you do not know about Hadith and is a layman then what is the point in asking this question.

Okay, do you know difference between word "Hadith" and "Qaul"? And which precedes the other?

Ershad

When you admit that you do not know about Hadith and is a layman then what is the point in asking this question.

Okay, do you know difference between word "Hadith" and "Qaul"? And which precedes the other?

I believe in Hadeeth and it is the basis for establishing the religion of Islam i.e. to establish rulings regarding the acts of worship that we perform and other than them. By saying I don't know about hadeeth, I meant I am not a scholar who knows its sciences and who can derive rulings and use it to explain the Qur'an etc.
However, I do understand a hadeeth as the scholar or student of knowledge explains to me.

I asked you the question to know what you believe. Is that wrong?

Ershad

Let me give you the book titled

Prophetic Commentary on the Qur'an (Tafseer of the Prophet (pbuh)) كتاب التفسير compiled by learned Bukhari

http://sunnah.com/bukhari/65

Jazaakallahu khayran for the link. You haven't answered my question yet. I asked you the question since you said restrict to the words of the Qur'an. So, if you could tell me, is it fine to use hadeeth to explain the Qur'aan?

Mazhara

What are you taught about Hadith?

What is the First Principle to evaluate the authenticity and veracity of a statement attributed as Hadith?

I staunchly belive in the "Qaul" of my Guide Lord Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم and that is the ultimate truth.

Ershad

What are you taught about Hadith?

What is the First Principle to evaluate the authenticity and veracity of a statement attributed as Hadith?

I staunchly belive in the "Qaul" of my Guide Lord Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم and that is the ultimate truth.

Yes, that is what I know and believe too. These hadeeths and the authenticity of chain of narrators checked by scholars like bukhari and compiled. This is how "qual" of Muhammad :saw2: is recorded. I believe in them. I hope you mean the same as well. So, I guess we agree that these hadiths compiled by bukhari for instance can be used to explain Qur'aan.

Mazhara

I have given you the link of complete book containing both original Arabic text as well translation.

Prophetic Commentary on the Qur'an (Tafseer of the Prophet (pbuh)) كتاب التفسير compiled by learned Bukhari

Now you might be able to make us understand the tafsir of Qur'aan with the help of that. Please do try, since talking mere words is of no use. Prove it by deeds.

Ershad

I have given you the link of complete book containing both original Arabic text as well translation.

Now you might be able to make us understand the tafsir of Qur'aan with the help of that. Please do try, since talking mere words is of no use. Prove it by deeds.

Brother, when did I claim that I can explain it? I said scholars do it. That is why I gave you the link of tafsir ibn katheer. I am not a person of knowledge. I, myself, am trying to learn. I have nothing to prove. I rather asked you if you believe that the hadeeth can be used to explain the Qur'aan. The proof you need is in tafsir ibn kathir, in the link I provided - You can find how different hadeeths are used to explain the Surah further.