The new me.....

Murra

:salam2:

I am going to reintroduce myself here.

I am as of a few days ago a MUSLIM! :ma:

It is so odd. Once the veil over my eyes was lifted (the veil being the catholic church and christianity) I just see things so clearly now!
Now I look back on my beliefs and wonder how could any of that be possible and how can anyone believe tha?
:lol:
To be honest I was a HUGE critic of Islam and have debated and bashed it many times on forums :girl3: But once my eyes were clear of the facts there was no denining it anymore. I feel bad but it was all a learning exprence!
:tti_sister:

samiha

---------
Staff member
wa alaykum salaam wa rahmatullah,

Masha'Allah. Welcome to Islaam my sister!! I'm glad you got over being undecided and that you were opened to the truth, it's the greatest gift a person can get.

As for being a huge critic? Lol, sister trust me, this is of no account at all. If you read the history of some of the Companions of the Prophet sallahu alayhi wa sallam at any point, you will see that some of them were the greatest enemies to Islaam, but after becoming Muslim, they became some of the greatest assests.

If you have any questions or comments or anything then feel free to ask insha'Allah

wasalam

a_stranger

:salam2: sister
You are most welcome, i think that it is a wisdom of Allah to leave us in the dark for a while to realize how bright the light is, so we never step out again.

:salah::salah::salah::salah::salah::salah:

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Congratulations on your decision sister and looking forward to participating in good discussions with you here on TTI. if you have any concerns as a former catholic, feel free to pm me (i am a sister revert from a non-practising irish catholic family) :)

:wasalam:

leylamuslimah

Salaams Sister Murra,
and welcome to islam inshallah u will learn alot about the deen and make alot of friends who will help u on ur journey.
salaams

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum,

Welcome to Islam dear sister and a late welcome to the Forum.

May Allah continue to bless you with good. Ameen.

Walaykum Salaam.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
peace be unto you
Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu AKbar!
wow! when god almighty wants to guide someone from ignorance, god does it in a beautiful way. i see ignorant people everyday and i look at them and wonder will god ever guide them someday. i wish to see those people. i wish i knew you before. its amazing. i always see those kinds of people on youtube but i wish i see them with my own too eyes. from darkness to a light. anyways :SMILY206: to ISLAM. hope to hear from you alot. and i wish you the best side of ISLAM and always......:):):)

i still am amazed......
wasalam (peace)

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!

:salam2: Sister Murra,

Congratulations on your reversion to Islam.

And welcome to TTI as a Muslimah dear sister Murra.

vironchopin

:ma:Allahu AKbar!! All priase to Allah the Greatest. No ordinary words could describe it. Any way congratulations and may Allah guide you and me and all of us to the right path.

saffanah

speak good or silent
Masha Allah
Welcome to Islam, sister
Alhamdulillah...all praise is for Allah who has guide us to this straight path.
"Say, 'O People of the Book, come to a word that is equitable between us and you- that we will not worship except Allah and not associate anything with Him and not take one another as lords instead of Allah, But if they turn away, then say, 'Bear witness that we are Muslims (submitting to Him)."
(Qur'an 3:64)

salahdin

WELCOME TO ISLAM .

"If Allah wants to favor someone, He grants him comprehension (understanding) of this religion."
[Sahih Bukhari vol.1 # 71, Tirmidhi and Musnad Ahmad]

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

I am going to reintroduce myself here.

I am as of a few days ago a MUSLIM! :ma:

It is so odd. Once the veil over my eyes was lifted (the veil being the catholic church and christianity) I just see things so clearly now!
Now I look back on my beliefs and wonder how could any of that be possible and how can anyone believe tha?
:lol:
To be honest I was a HUGE critic of Islam and have debated and bashed it many times on forums :girl3: But once my eyes were clear of the facts there was no denining it anymore. I feel bad but it was all a learning exprence!

i think that almost all reverts to islam were very critical of the religion or knew nothing about the religion at all. i actually try not refer to islam as a religion, but rather a way of life. religion is really only practiced at services and holidays, but deen ( way of life ) is 24/7 thing. although i am in no way a perfect muslim, islam basically decides on how i do things. if i eat, i eat islamically, if i sleep, i sleep islamically. islam encompasses all areas of our lives.

i am so happy to hear that you have embraced this beautiful deen. as a revert myself, the best advices that i could give to you are these.

1. don't feel bad if you make mistakes in prayer or quran recital. just try to learn from your mistakes. before you know it the things you made mistakes with will before, will no longer happen and things like salah will be as if you did it all your life.

2. try to associate with as many muslims as possible, i mean in the company of the pious. i say this because you will come across muslims that are no different than sinning non-muslims. that will confuse you. but good muslims will always steer you on the right path.

there are probably more things to add but it isn't all coming to me right now. sorry about that.

ismahane

welcome to islam murra you pickted the truth :hijabi: i hope to be free and happy with your islam .Allah is the merciful and the creater of this world try murra to know a lot about Allah .:salam2:

TiffanyM

Selaam Alaykum Sister,

AlhumdiAllah that Allah has opened your heart to Islam. I am also a convert from christianity. I know exactly how you feel its like how come no one else sees the clear message, but only by Allah's will we people's heart open up to Islam. THe best advice I can give you is to get involved in the muslim community. InshAllah you being a new muslim will be easy for you, but sometimes from expereince it isn't. Some born muslims don't understand how it sometimes. When I come home to my non-muslim family I lose all support for my religion and beliefs. When the Adhan goes off no one cares but me. Allah has blessed us with Islam, and our test now is to be strong in our beliefs and continue you to learn about ISlam. If you need anything I am here for you.

Omar (ex Andrey)

toLive&DieForAllah!
Salam Alleykum, sister:salah:

You are most welcome here!!! Insha Allah you'll benefit greatly from this site! Congratulations on your best choice of this life!!!
Please share your story with us

:salah: