The only Muslim in Greenland who fasts for 21 hours

Aroosak

:salam2:

This Ramadhan more than ever I learned to stop wishing I lived in a Muslim country... I mean it would be lovely but subhanAllah there are people that go through more hardships that we can imagine! I've heard stories of sisters being prohibited from fasting from their non-muslim families, others that did not even know the schedules for fasting since they did not know any muslims or mosques around them yet their determination to obey Allah was humbling, not to mention all those people who didn't even have food to break their fast. Amongst these is this nice story:

NUUK: Wassam Azaqeer, a Lebanese, who lives in a country surrounded by icebergs called “Greenland”, is the only Muslim in this state who is fasting daily for 21 hours with full determination.
Greenland is the largest island in the world; lies between the North Atlantic and the Arctic Ocean; a self-governing province of Denmark.
According to an Arab TV report, Wassam Azaqeer, who is living in Greenland from the past several years and has been called “Arab Columbus” as he is the only Arab Muslim who not only managed to live in Greenland-despite for its long and difficult journey, but also running a successful business in the capital city of Greenland called Nuuk.
Wassam, is running his own restaurant where he receives 200 customers each day.
The month of the Ramdan,this year, came in summer so Wassam has to fast for 21 hours and after Aftari he only got 2 hours to prepare for Sehri to start next fast.
In these 2 hours Wassam, also has to offer his Maghrib and Isha prayers. Wassam says that he is very proud Muslim to be living on a state where he is the only one fasting and praying in the name of Allah.
He says he sometimes think about going to Lebanon in this holy month but he stops himself by thinking that if left Greenland, there wont be anyone to fast and pray on this land.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
:wasalam:

Mashaa Allaah. Such an inspiring story.

Sister, I am sure that Allaah heard your prayers. Your intention to make hijrah to a Muslim country [such a good intention Mashaa Allaah], if it is not to be granted now, it will someday, inshaa Allaah, the best time that Allaah has planned for you.

May Allaah strengthen the faith of Muslims brothers and sisters living everywhere. Ameen.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

In these 2 hours Wassam, also has to offer his Maghrib and Isha prayers. Wassam says that he is very proud Muslim to be living on a state where he is the only one fasting and praying in the name of Allah.
He says he sometimes think about going to Lebanon in this holy month but he stops himself by thinking that if left Greenland, there wont be anyone to fast and pray on this land.

Wasalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu,

Mashaa'Allaah, what a living legend! *Smile*

Jazaakallahkhair for sharing this artical.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Ya Allah, I have seen documentaries on Greenland and its not an easy life there. Can you imagine fasting for 21 hours? Subhan Allah....he is a role model when the hunger gets the best of us.

abdul-aziz

mashAllah, on the flip side, when it is ramadhan in winter he will only fast like 3hrs.

we tend to notice things that are tough and overlooking the things that are easy.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

Wow!Just wow! 21 hours!!!MashaAllah that is like almost a day minus 3 hours,omg suhoor,iftar,taraweeh in these 3 hours.
May Allah bless him.Ameen.

esperanza

revert of many years

This Ramadhan more than ever I learned to stop wishing I lived in a Muslim country... I mean it would be lovely but subhanAllah there are people that go through more hardships that we can imagine! I've heard stories of sisters being prohibited from fasting from their non-muslim families, others that did not even know the schedules for fasting since they did not know any muslims or mosques around them yet their determination to obey Allah was humbling, not to mention all those people who didn't even have food to break their fast. Amongst these is this nice story:

NUUK: Wassam Azaqeer, a Lebanese, who lives in a country surrounded by icebergs called “Greenland”, is the only Muslim in this state who is fasting daily for 21 hours with full determination.
Greenland is the largest island in the world; lies between the North Atlantic and the Arctic Ocean; a self-governing province of Denmark.
According to an Arab TV report, Wassam Azaqeer, who is living in Greenland from the past several years and has been called “Arab Columbus” as he is the only Arab Muslim who not only managed to live in Greenland-despite for its long and difficult journey, but also running a successful business in the capital city of Greenland called Nuuk.
Wassam, is running his own restaurant where he receives 200 customers each day.
The month of the Ramdan,this year, came in summer so Wassam has to fast for 21 hours and after Aftari he only got 2 hours to prepare for Sehri to start next fast.

thank you amazing story,,,you see you can fast even in hard conditons,,,and some of us have easy excuses why we miss days of fasting