The problem with Islam is...

islamisthesolution

:salam2:
now i think Allah i is testing your iman and apparently :ma:you are strong enough to face all the deficulties as long as you are with Allah
sister cheer up there is always something better that is hidden so wait the best is on your way kep patient and Allah reward you for your patience
i want to say make it a challenge and struggle a little belive me it will be better inshAllah

Sometimes struggle are exactly what we need in life
If we were to go through life without any obstacles
it wold cripple us
we would not be as strong as we could have been
and we could never fly
so the next time you are faced with an obstacle
a challange or a problem
struggle a little then fly

i hope those lines make you feel better :hearts::hearts::hearts:

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Salaam aleykom sister, wow I am seriously speechless because this is how I feel and what I go through. The problem is not Islam but some Muslims and the problem occurs because they are not doing Islam to begin with. I been a Muslim for about 4 years now and believe it or not apart from a few associates at work I don't even have any Muslim friends. It was hard for me too because I lived in an area before where there were hardly any Muslims and I later moved to Atlanta where there are many but they pretty much stick with themselves or with their own.

I think it's almost impossible for a revert to get married to a born Muslim because of family, etc. At times I get so frustrated but I always remember that I was guided to Islam by Allah and in a place with no Muslims. Even if every Muslim left Islam(astaghfirullah) I wouldn't renounce it because I know it's the truth but some Muslims are far from it. It has always fascinated me when a non practicing Muslim or Muslima is rude to a revert. I ran into a Muslim who openly admitted that he is not ashamed of doing drugs, fornicating etc. I asked him if he didn't fear Allah or hell and he was very calm about it and said no Muslim will stay in hell forever so he sees it more like a prison sentence for a short time. I said wow, lucky you that you happen to be a "Muslim" without even making the choice. People like that will call every non-Muslim kafirs and say they are going to helll, even the ones who never knew or heard of Islam but this lucky fella will get a free ticket to jannah because he was born a Muslim without a choice.

Must be nice to have it that easy. Don't worry about it my sister we are Muslims because Allah guided us and not because of the actions of others. After all, Muslims are humans too and imperfect. There are good born Muslims and there are also those I wouldn't even associate with. I have basically lost all my friends, family and all the people I knew but I gotta do what is right. It is hard not seeing my family or friends anymore but I try to maintain everyday. I can totally relate to your situation and the only difference between us is our gender but the struggle is one and the same.

May Allah guide us all amin.

Assalaamu'Alaykum,

Laa Hawla wa Laa Quwwata Illah Billaah!

Brother, remember you will always have Allaah (the Almighty, and All-Powerful).

And, you have us at TTi who are aware that such brushes of culture and all the other rubbish is irrelevant because you have uttered the Testimony of Faith.

You are our Brother.

Sometimes it would be nice to have some of the brothers and sisters from TTi a close vicinity from each other.

Brother Rashadi, do you have any brothers from TTi that are near you?

Same applies to Sister ShyHijabi (by that I mean sisters only)?

If I was near you I would try to help but I am on a small Island where it rains a lot, Alhamdu'Lillaah.

Without reducing the difficulty of your siuation brother and sister, it is important that we all remember there are others going through more difficulty, whether they are born or revert Muslims who don't have TTi as a place to communicate. (I am sure you know this already, Alhamdu'Lillaah).

I am sure, when your relief arrives, Insha'Allaah, you will reflect and become more stronger and patient believers which applies to us all.

And waive what the born Muslim said, how can a person who doesn't pray, give zakat, fast and go on Hajj be confident on the Day of Resurrection!

Walaykum Salaam.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

What you have said is correct, but, what we must realise is that for those who wish to tread the path of Islam, it can be a very difficult task. Even, for those who may be from a Muslim family.

Good people are very few in this world. Everyone has their own situation and worries, and often they will ignore those around them. If we are in Masjid, we should be friendly to everyone, even those who may do something wrong or who are new.

Anas ibn Malik reports: “Allah’s messenger :saw: was sitting in the mosque with some of his companions when a Bedouin urinated inside the mosque. The Prophet’s :saw: companions said: ‘What is going on?’ ‘What are you doing?’ The Prophet :saw: said to them: ‘Do not interrupt him.’ He subsequently called the man and said to him: ‘These mosques are not the place where one can throw any dirt, urine or stools. They are meant for reciting the Qur’an, glorifying Allah and prayer.’ He then called for a bucket of water and he poured it over the urine.” (Related by Al-Bukhari, Muslim, Al-Nassaie, Malik and Ahmad).

Our Prophet :saw: was the best of character. Here we had a complete stranger, doing the worst of actions in the best of places, in the mosque. Yet, the Prophet :saw: in his kindness and wisdom was patient, and treated him in the best of ways. SubhanAllah. How many of us will be angry? How many of us will be disgusted and maybe even not return to that Mosque again? How many would not even want to speak to that man, because he was "dirty" or a "freak". SubhanAllah.

Not only did the Prophet :saw: speak to the man kindly, he also cleaned the mess up!

Although, I have to admit that, I have never experienced these problems with any Revert brothers I know, that between different cultures in the Masjid. :D oh, I met brother Yusuf1990 yesterday, mashaAllah. lol. Ok, thats One TTI member, 50,000 more to go lol

We are so far from the character of the Prophet :saw:, may Allaah help us to be closer to the Qur'aan and the Sunnah. Amin.

The stories of the past, from the Prophets mentioned in the Qur'aan and Hadith, to that of our beloved Noble and final Messenger Muhammad :saw: and his family and his companions is a lesson for us all on patience.

All our problems, whether its the way some of us are treated, through to selfishness, cowardice and inability of Muslims to do something for even their own people in time of war, is an indication of just one thing. That they are away from their Deen. Away from the pure teachings of the Qur'aan and the Sunnah. Away from worshipping Allaah alone, and being against all Shirk and Kufr. Away from following the teachings of the Prophet :saw: and despising, just as his Companions and the early Muslims did, of any innovated matters.

There nothing we can do about it, except have patience and to seek knowledge ourselves and to teach.

The Muslim countries number around 60 odd, yet, they contribute less than 5% of scientific breakthroughs in the entire world. If that is the situation of science, and worldly things, let me tell eeveryone, that our situation in the Deen, in ISlaam is much worse.

The lack of progress these days, in science, is quantified with the amount of scientific works and publications produced. There just are not so many. Those who are ignorant of Islaam, they blame Islaam for this. They say that Islam stops Muslims from progressing in the world.

Others of course, will blame the Leaders, or talk about the legacy of the various historic occupations of Muslim countries. From The African Muslim countries through to the Indian Subcontinent, muslim countries were subjugated to many centuries of forced occupation and exploitation at the hands of the Imperialists, whether they were the British, the French, the Dutch or the Americans.

The truth is, it is Islaam that will enable Muslims to breakthrough and to contribute more to the various sciences, to develop and establish themselves once more in the world.

There are many people in terrible situations, I have been speaking to recent reverts to Islam who have been beaten by their families for having accepted Islam. Other Muslims, live in fear or poverty throughout the world, due to many reasons..

I ask Allaah help you , and all the Muslims and make things easier for us, to unite us upon the truth and make us love and support one another as we should as Muslims.

I ask Allaah to give us the ability to be able to do more for each other. To take action, in any matter, whether it be by our pens, our speech, our hands or our wealth, is an obligation.

And I am truly sorry there is nothing much else I can do except to make Du'aa and just try and encourage you to patience, as this something we all must do.

Salaam,

A few people have mentioned moving to another city but don't really explain how I am to accomplish this feat on such limited funds and no connections. I am not seeking for donations so please don't PM offering me money, it kind of embarrasses me. :shymuslima1: The fact is one cannot simply move to a new city without someone to help them settle there or even enough money to get an apartment. And even if someone did help out, what then when next month's rent is due?

Salaam,

My first advise like brother Ayman1 said is to be patient and see how the situation with the guy's family unfolds. People do change. You're a prime example.

If things don't work out, here is an alternative plan for you dear sister. I believe you should try moving to Northern Virginia. There are plenty of Muslims and masjids in the area. Also I want to mention there are plenty of jobs here as well. There are government and private sector jobs.

The MSA at George Mason University has sisters looking for roomates (see below).

If you need rent money while you are searching for a job. You can try filing for unemployment compensation (see: http://www.vec.virginia.gov/vecportal/unins/insunemp.cfm), they will grant you about 11 months of compensation under Obama's new stimulus bill.

There are alot of temp agencies & job sites (such as www.craigslist.com) in Northern VA as well.

My uncle owns a insurance & financial services company - he is looking for administrative person to help answering the phones, filing, filling out applications, etc. I have another friends who's dad own's a business for a masjid and I believe he is looking for someone to do data entry. I also have another friend who's dad is a chief of a gov't agency. I can check with him. Let me know what interests you.

If you need any help, I can give you $1,000 and don't worry you don't have to pay me back. I owe Allah swt much more. Please accept the generosity of your dear brother in Islam.

I can also ask MSA and the local masjids to try to raise funds for you. They've helped many people. Please do not look at this as an embarassing thing. You never know when someone one day might need you to extend your hand.

I have some fairly good networks/connections with people. I can try my best to help you find a job inshallah.

GMU Sisters looking for roomates

Sister looking for roommate to take over lease
Assalamu Alaikum,

1 Bedroom in luxury apartment complex $1000/month
I am looking for someone to take over my lease in a great brand new
luxury apartment complex in Rosslyn (www.parcrosslyn.com). It is a 1
bedroom + sunroom, and you would have the bedroom.

The apartment is brand new, we were the first tenants and have only
been there since October. It has granite counters, black GE
appliances, ceramic tiles, baseboard moulding, state of the art gym,
rooftop pool, conference center, concierge, etc! The rent does not
include utilities (but they do not exceed $50/month). I have loved
living here but am relocating to the West Coast. Ready to move in Dec
13. Females only please. You would be taking over my portion of the
lease which is up in September.

Thanks!
Dina Duella
[email protected]

Room for rent for a sister
Room for Rent
Room with attached bath available for rent in Ashburn, VA. A loving Pakistani, Muslim family would like to offer you their home. Home-cooked meals included :)
Sisters only please. If you're interested, please call Najma at 703-858-7592 or 703-554-7790. JazakAllahukhair.

Thank you,
Wasalam

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
Sister I also have one more suggestion ...May be you can work at the Islamic school?
I think its good opportunity to get involved in the community ..
just a suggestion ..

waaleikum salam

nasiruyola

...the Muslims. :)

Salaam,

Now that I've got your attention I wanted to post some thoughts that have been rumminating in my head lately. First some basic background on myself, I converted about 2.5 years ago to Islam and the price was my family and most of my friends. Many people will say "Well those aren't real friends then" but those same Muslims would distance themselves from apostates of Islam, so do not be too quick to judge.

Since converting I have had the unique point of view of looking from the inside out and seeing if people mean what they say. I have witnessed tribalism that would make the Hindus with their caste system shake heir head in amazement. I read 2-3 posts weekly here on TTI about people desiring to marry someone of another race/ethnicity but their parents are opposed and even threaten with disownment. They speaking mincingly of "language barriers" and "cultural differences" even when the person seeking marriage is willing to adapt and flex to their norms. The truth of the matter is they feel their culture/tradition is superior to Islam but would never outright say it. Actions my friends....that is how we measure true intention.

I have spent most of my Ramadaans alone and breaking fast by myself as most Muslims suddenly become occupied with the festivities within their own family....forgetting the Muslim that has no one. I was just mocked last week in the grocery store by a "born-Muslim" female when she asked where I was from. I responded "from here" to which she rolled her eyes and in a thick accent said so was she. (obviously she was Arab...later she informed me she was from Syria....but she simply couldn't beliive a Hijabi would be from America and in the South) She then said, "Oh you must've married an Arab and converted for him." To which I informed her I am not married nor ever have been married to a Muslim. She pretty much accused me of lying. I would like to point out she wasn't wearing hijab but had no problem tearing apart an obvious convert in front of a bunch of non-Muslims.

At my place of employment I face constant ridicule from customers and also insults. But for now it is the only way to feed myself and keep a roof over my head so I endure. There is no mosque close by that I can attend (the closest one is almost an hour drive and my vehicle is on it's last leg presently) so I can't even find some kind Muslims to fellowship with.

Meanwhile I read and hear from other Muslims (online mostly since there aren't many Muslims locally) about everything we converts "do wrong." Many times instead of receiving encouragement we are criticised and corrected quite harshly. It can really make a person doubt that they amde the right decision to become Muslim if only to be constantly berated and torn down.

Lastly there is the marriage prospect. The brother that showed interest in me spent a long battle with his parents and last Fall finally got permission. But a few weeks later his father said, "You guys can do whatever you want but I won't be part of it." So while we have "permission" we do not have "approval." Basically his father has an issue with my skin color and that I am a convert. Apparently these two details make me unacceptable. I've given the brother a time limit to square things with his father then I am cutting ties as I can no longer stand still and need to find a husband and insh'Allah, one day have children.

I am weary my brothers and sisters. So very weary of this long and lonely road. I know Allah swt only test those he loves but sometimes I wish he didn't trust me so much to be strong enough. So please consider your convert brothers and sisters and extend a hand of compassion and patience. if possible, have your parents read this post so they can understand how the elders are effecting new converts to this religion. Maybe they will finally look past their tribalism and truly....truly welcome their new brothers and sisters into their homes, family, and ummah.

Wasalaam

SALAM

My very good sister may ALLAH reward your patience.
I have never introduced my self to this forum but I'm confident to say that you are among those who inspired others.
Please forgive those of us who called our self muslims but did not fully understand the meaning of being muslim. ISLAM sister as you know is what is find in the HOLY QURAN and the authentic traditions of the holy prophet.

ALLAH THE EXALTED SAYS:
[يأَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقْنَـكُم مِّن ذَكَرٍ وَأُنْثَى وَجَعَلْنَـكُمْ شُعُوباً وَقَبَآئِلَ لِتَعَـرَفُواْ إِنَّ أَكْرَمَكُمْ عَندَ اللَّهِ أَتْقَـكُمْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلِيمٌ خَبِيرٌ ]

(13. O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes that you may know one another. Verily, the most honorable of you with Allah is that (believer) who has At-Taqwa. Verily, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware.)
All of Mankind are the Children of `Adam and Hawwa'

Allah the Exalted declares to mankind that He has created them all from a single person, `Adam, and from that person He created his mate, Hawwa'. From their offspring He made nations, comprised of tribe, which include subtribes of all sizes. It was also said that `nations refers to non-Arabs, while `tribes refers to Arabs. Various statements about this were collected in an individual introduction from the book, Al-Inbah, by Abu `Amr Ibn `Abdul-Barr, and from the book, Al-Qasad wal-Amam fi Ma`rifah Ansab Al-Arab wal-`Ajam. Therefore, all people are the descendants of `Adam and Hawwa' and share this honor equally. The only difference between them is in the religion that revolves around their obedience to Allah the Exalted and their following of His Messenger . After He forbade backbiting and belittling other people, alerting mankind that they are all equal in their humanity. Allah said,

[يأَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقْنَـكُم مِّن ذَكَرٍ وَأُنْثَى وَجَعَلْنَـكُمْ شُعُوباً وَقَبَآئِلَ لِتَعَـرَفُواْ]

(O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes that you may know one another.) so that they get to know each other by their nation or tribe. Mujahid said that Allah's statement,

[لِتَعَـرَفُواْ]

(that you may know one another.) refers to one's saying, "So-and-so the son of so-and-so, from the tribe of so-and-so.'' Sufyan Ath-Thawri said, "The Himyar (who resided in Yemen) dealt with each other according to their provinces, while the Arabs in the Hijaz (Western Arabia) dealt with each other according to their tribes.''

Honor is earned through Taqwa of Allah

Allah the Exalted said,

[إِنَّ أَكْرَمَكُمْ عَندَ اللَّهِ أَتْقَـكُمْ]

(Verily, the most honorable of you with Allah is that (believer) who has At-Taqwa.) meaning, `you earn honor with Allah the Exalted on account of Taqwa, not family lineage.' There are many Hadiths from the Prophet that support this meaning. Al-Bukhari narrated that Abu Hurayrah said, "Some people asked the Prophet , `Who is the most honorable among people' He replied,

«أَكْرَمُهُمْ عِنْدَ اللهِ أَتْقَاهُم»

(The most honorable among them with Allah is the one who has the most Taqwa.) They said, `We did not ask you about this.' He said,

«فَأَكْرَمُ النَّاسِ يُوسُفُ نَبِيُّ اللهِ، ابْنُ نَبِيِّ اللهِ، ابْنِ نَبِيِّ اللهِ ابْنِ خَلِيلِ الله»

(Then the most honorable person is Yusuf, Allah's Prophet, the son of Allah's Prophet, the son of Allah's Prophet, the son of Allah's Khalil.) They said, `We did not ask you about this.' He said,

«فَعَنْ مَعَادِنِ الْعَرَبِ تَسْأَلُونِّي»

؟ (Then you want to ask me about the Arab lineage) They said, `Yes.' He said,

«فَخِيَارُكُمْ فِي الْجَاهِلِيَّةِ خِيَارُكُمْ فِي الْإِسْلَامِ إِذَا فَقُهُوا»

(Those among you who were best in Jahiliyyah, are the best among you in Islam, if they attain religious understanding.)'' Al-Bukhari collected this Hadith in several places of his Sahih, An-Nasa'i did as well in the Tafsir section of his Sunan. Muslim recorded that Abu Hurayrah said that the Messenger of Allah said,

«إِنَّ اللهَ لَا يَنْظُرُ إِلَى صُوَرِكُمْ وَأَمْوَالِكُمْ وَلكِنْ يَنْظُرُ إِلَى قُلُوبِكُمْ وَأَعْمَالِكُم»

(Verily, Allah does not look at your shapes or wealth, but he looks at your hearts and actions.) Ibn Majah also collected this Hadith. Ibn Abi Hatim recorded that `Abdullah bin `Umar said, "On the day Makkah was conquered, the Messenger of Allah performed Tawaf around the Ka`bah while riding his camel, Al-Qaswa', and was touching the corners with a stick he had in his hand. He did not find a place in the Masjid where his camel could sit and had to dismount on men's hands. He led his camel to the bottom of the valley, where he had her sit down. The Messenger of Allah later gave a speech while riding Al-Qaswa' and said, after thanking Allah the Exalted and praising Him as He should be praised,

«يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنَّ اللهَ تَعَالَى قَدْ أَذْهَبَ عَنْكُمْ عُبِّيَّةَ الْجَاهِلِيَّةِ وَتَعَظُّمَهَا بِآبَائِهَا، فَالنَّاسُ رَجُلَانِ: رَجُلٌ بَرٌّ تَقِيٌّ كَرِيمٌ عَلَى اللهِ تَعَالَى، وَرَجُلٌ فَاجِرٌ شَقِيٌّ هَيِّنٌ عَلَى اللهِ تَعَالَى، إِنَّ اللهَ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ يَقُولُ:

[يأَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقْنَـكُم مِّن ذَكَرٍ وَأُنْثَى وَجَعَلْنَـكُمْ شُعُوباً وَقَبَآئِلَ لِتَعَـرَفُواْ إِنَّ أَكْرَمَكُمْ عَندَ اللَّهِ أَتْقَـكُمْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلِيمٌ خَبِيرٌ ]»

(O people! Allah the Exalted has removed from you the slogans of Jahiliyyah and its tradition of honoring forefathers. Men are of two types, a man who is righteous, fearful of Allah and honorable to Allah, or a man who is vicious, miserable and little to Allah the Exalted. Verily, Allah the Exalted and Most Honored said, (O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honorable of you with Allah is that (believer) who has At-Taqwa. Verily, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware.)) The Prophet said,

«أَقُولُ قَوْلِي هذَا وَأَسْتَغْفِرُ اللهَ لِي وَلَكُم»

(I say this and invoke Allah for forgiveness for me and for you.)'' This was recorded by `Abd bin Humayd. Allah the Exalted said,

[إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلَيمٌ خَبِيرٌ]

(Verily, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware.) means, `He is All-Knowing of you and All-Aware of all of your affairs.' Allah guides whom He wills, misguides whom He wills, grants mercy to whom He wills, tor- ments whom He wills, elevates whom He wills above whom He wills. He is the All-Wise, the All-Knowing, the All-Aware in all this. Several scholars relied on this honorable Ayah and the honora- ble Hadiths we menti- oned as evidence that compatibility in marriage is not a condition of marriage contracts. They said that the only condition required in this regard is the adherence to the religion, as in the statement of Allah, the Exalted,

[إِنَّ أَكْرَمَكُمْ عَندَ اللَّهِ أَتْقَـكُمْ]

(Verily, the most honorable of you with Allah is the one with the most Taqwa. )

[قَالَتِ الاٌّعْرَابُ ءَامَنَّا قُل لَّمْ تُؤْمِنُواْ وَلَـكِن قُولُواْ أَسْلَمْنَا وَلَمَّا يَدْخُلِ الايمَـنُ فِى قُلُوبِكُمْ وَإِن تُطِيعُواْ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ لاَ يَلِتْكُمْ مِّنْ أَعْمَـلِكُمْ شَيْئاً إِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ - إِنَّمَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ بِاللَّهِ وَرَسُولِهِ ثُمَّ لَمْ يَرْتَابُواْ وَجَـهَدُواْ بِأَمْوَلِهِمْ وَأَنفُسِهِمْ فِى سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ أُوْلَـئِكَ هُمُ الصَّـدِقُونَ - قُلْ أَتُعَلِّمُونَ اللَّهَ بِدِينِكُمْ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ مَا فِى السَّمَـوَتِ وَمَا فِى الاٌّرْضِ وَاللَّهُ بِكُلِّ شَىْءٍ عَلِيمٌ - يَمُنُّونَ عَلَيْكَ أَنْ أَسْلَمُواْ قُل لاَّ تَمُنُّواْ عَلَىَّ إِسْلَـمَكُمْ بَلِ اللَّهُ يَمُنُّ عَلَيْكُمْ أَنْ هَداكُمْ لِلايمَـنِ إِنُ كُنتُمْ صَـدِقِينَ - إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَعْلَمُ غَيْبَ السَّمَـوَتِ وَالاٌّرْضِ وَاللَّهُ بَصِيرٌ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ ]

(14. The bedouins say: "We believe.'' Say: "You do not believe. But say, `We have submitted,' for Faith has not yet entered your hearts. But if you obey Allah and His Messenger, He will not decrease anything in reward for your deeds. Verily, Allah is Forgiving, Most Merciful.'') (15. Only those are the believers who have believed in Allah and His Messenger, and afterward doubt not but strive with their wealth and their lives for the cause of Allah. Those! They are the truthful.) (16. Say: "Will you inform Allah of your religion while Allah knows all that is in the heavens and all that is on the earth, and Allah is All-Aware of everything.'') (17. They regard as a favor to you that they have embraced Islam. Say: "Do not count your Islam as a favor to me. Nay, but Allah has conferred a favor upon you that He has guided you to the Faith if you indeed are true. '') (18. "Verily, Allah knows the Unseen of the heavens and the earth. And Allah is the All-Seer of what you do.'')

There is a Difference between a Believer and a Muslim

Allah chastises the bedouins who, when they embraced Islam, claimed for themselves the grade of faithful believers. However, Faith had not yet firmly entered their hearts,

[قَالَتِ الاٌّعْرَابُ ءَامَنَّا قُل لَّمْ تُؤْمِنُواْ وَلَـكِن قُولُواْ أَسْلَمْنَا وَلَمَّا يَدْخُلِ الايمَـنُ فِى قُلُوبِكُمْ]

(The bedouins say: "We believe.'' Say: "You do not believe, but say, `We have submitted,' for Faith has not yet entered your hearts...'') This honorable Ayah provides proof that Faith is a higher grade than Islam, according to the scholars of the Ahl us-Sunnah wal-Jama`ah. This is also demostrated in the Hadith of Jibril, peace be upon him, when he questioned the Prophet about Islam, then Iman then Ihsan. Thus moving the general matter to one more specific, then even more specific. Imam Ahmad recorded that `Amir bin Sa`d bin Abi Waqqas said, "The Messenger of Allah gave (something to) some men and did not give one of them. Sa`d said, `O Allah's Messenger, you gave to so-and-so and so-and-so. However, you gave nothing to so-and-so, even though he is a believer.' The Prophet said,

«أَوْ مُسْلِمٌ؟»

(Or say, a Muslim.) Sa`d repeated his statement thrice each time the Prophet answered,

«أَوْ مُسْلِمٌ؟»

(Or say, a Muslim.) The Prophet then said,

«إِنِّي لَأُعْطِي رِجَالًا وَأَدَعُ مَنْ هُوَ أَحَبَّ إِلَيَّ مِنْهُمْ،فَلَمْ أُعْطِهِ شَيْئًا مَخَافَةَ أَنْ يُكَبُّوا فِي النَّارِ عَلَى وُجُوهِهِم»

(I might give some men and give nothing to others, even though the latter are dearer to me than the former. I do not give them things for fear that they might be thrown on their faces in the Fire.)'' This Hadith is recorded in the Two Sahihs. Therefore, the Prophet made a distinction between the grade of believer and the grade of Muslim, indicating that Iman is a more exclusive grade than Islam. I mentioned this subject in detail supported by evidence, in the beginning of the explanation of the chapter on Iman in Sahih Al-Bukhari, all praise is due to Allah and all the favors are from Him. So this proves that the bedouins whom the Ayah mentioned were not hypocrites, rather they were Muslims in whose hearts Faith was not yet firmly established. They claimed a higher grade for themselves than the grade that they earned, and they were taught a lesson as a consequence. This meaning agrees with the meaning given by Ibn `Abbas, Ibrahim An-Nakha`i, Qatadah and that preferred by Ibn Jarir. These bedouins were taught a lesson,

[قُل لَّمْ تُؤْمِنُواْ وَلَـكِن قُولُواْ أَسْلَمْنَا وَلَمَّا يَدْخُلِ الايمَـنُ فِى قُلُوبِكُمْ]

(Say: "You do not believe, but say `We are Muslims,' for Faith has not yet entered your hearts...'') meaning, `you have not yet achieved the reality of Faith.' Allah the Exalted said,

[وَإِن تُطِيعُواْ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ لاَ يَلِتْكُمْ مِّنْ أَعْمَـلِكُمْ شَيْئاً]

(But if you obey Allah and His Messenger, He will not decrease anything in reward for your deeds...) `He will not decrease any of your rewards,' as Allah said;

[وَمَآ أَلَتْنَـهُمْ مِّنْ عَمَلِهِم مِّن شَىْءٍ]

(We shall not decrease the reward of their deeds in anything.) (52:21) Allah said:

[إِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ]

(Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.) for those who repent and return to Him. Allah's statement,

[إِنَّمَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ]

(Only those are the believers), who have perfect Faith,

Please be more patient sister and for sure ALLAH did not allow the deeds of the righteous to perish.

Rashadi

assalamu aleykum br Rashadi,

my in-law's live in atlanta gorgia(bad spelling) mashallah they are so many new-muslims and born muslims living there...iv never been but my husband goes there once a year to visit his mummy... he loves it there,the weather the nice brothers he meet mashallah, but prefers london as there a masjid at every corner lol..because your masjids is always a car journey away lol.
the ones he went to were al-faruq in city centre, and al-muminun,..
wow imagine you guys probably walked past eachother!!
fiamanillah..wasalam

Wow sister mashaAllah it's a small world. I know Masjid al Faruq and it is the biggest one we have here and one of the biggest in the U.S. or at least in the south. I used to live across the street from Masjid Muminun, lol. And yeah you are right there are a lot of reverts and Muslims over all, Alhamdulillah.

:wasalam:

Rashadi

Assalaamu'Alaykum,

Laa Hawla wa Laa Quwwata Illah Billaah!

Brother, remember you will always have Allaah (the Almighty, and All-Powerful).

And, you have us at TTi who are aware that such brushes of culture and all the other rubbish is irrelevant because you have uttered the Testimony of Faith.

You are our Brother.

Sometimes it would be nice to have some of the brothers and sisters from TTi a close vicinity from each other.

Brother Rashadi, do you have any brothers from TTi that are near you?

Same applies to Sister ShyHijabi (by that I mean sisters only)?

If I was near you I would try to help but I am on a small Island where it rains a lot, Alhamdu'Lillaah.

Without reducing the difficulty of your siuation brother and sister, it is important that we all remember there are others going through more difficulty, whether they are born or revert Muslims who don't have TTi as a place to communicate. (I am sure you know this already, Alhamdu'Lillaah).

I am sure, when your relief arrives, Insha'Allaah, you will reflect and become more stronger and patient believers which applies to us all.

And waive what the born Muslim said, how can a person who doesn't pray, give zakat, fast and go on Hajj be confident on the Day of Resurrection!

Walaykum Salaam.

I agree with you and life is a test. As you said there are people who go through a lot and every situation is different. May Allah guide us all, amin.

AleahKoto

Allah will decide
Same here sister...

Salaams Sister, I understand you completely. Everyone has the answer but no one has the love or smile. The greatest jihad, and people don't understand it, is being a revert in a non muslim society. Parents disown, people laugh at hijab, your so called friends alienate you, make remarks and the muslims who are supposed to support you, get self righteous. Easy for them to say, "move" or do something different.

With all the sects around fighting about something, no one gets the message that we are all Muslims. There is no compulsion in Religion.

I think a lot have forgotten that Muhammed (pbuh) said that this would happen. He also stated there is no color, tribe, race, etc in ISLAM.

Stay true to yourself, you are very knowledgeable about ISLAM, and don't let the pitiful narrow minded people get you down. I think some are jealous of your reverting to ISLAM, I see that all the time. "well if you don't fit into that mold, you can't be a Muslim."

Getting past the tribal beliefs, getting past the superstitions, and the patterns put upon people takes a few generations. There is no place in ISLAM for narrow mindedness. Yet it exists.

In sha allah, those who say they are believers, must not be, they don't practice what they preach.

Blessings to you, you can see while others can't.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Salaam,

Firstly thank you borthers and sisters for your kind words.

Brother Musukmanin,
Please do not feel I am centering you out but I wanted to inject the harsh reality of my life and why your advise is so hard to follow. You advised me to find a wali, how and who? I've met maybe 4-5 Muslims in this city (many millions of people live here) but they were not practicing and treated me as an imposter due to my convert status. So it presents a challenge when searching for even one practicing Muslim, nonetheless someone who can be my wali.

A few people have mentioned moving to another city but don't really explain how I am to accomplish this feat on such limited funds and no connections. I am not seeking for donations so please don't PM offering me money, it kind of embarrasses me. :shymuslima1: The fact is one cannot simply move to a new city without someone to help them settle there or even enough money to get an apartment. And even if someone did help out, what then when next month's rent is due?

I live in a friend's office right now. (Christian friend from highschool) For all intents and purposes I am homeless until I get my school situation straightened out. (financial aid paperwork is stalled presently) It makes me very frustrated when people advise me to just move or find Muslim friends. I have been trying to do this very thing for a year but it is much harder than you would think when you are all alone in the world.

Please do not think I am trying to be inflammatory, that is not my intent. I just wanted to shine a light on the challenges of being a convert among a people who cling to tribalism and elitism. I am eternally grateful to Allah swt for blessing me with a job that pays enough money for me to eat and pay the small rent for living here. But I am tired and just wish the road didn't feel like it was all uphill sometimes.

If I have offended anyone I ask your forgiveness, I never want to cause my brothers and sisters pain or embarrassment. But I wanted to show you my lfie and maybe soften the hearts of our ummah just a bit.

Wasalaam

Assalamu Allaicomu dear sister.

I am really so sad dear sister wallahi because of your situacion,but in the same time proud on you because Allah Almighty has guide you on the right way,and Inshallah put your trust in Allah sister.I am sure Inshallah Allah will give you happines and better life.

I am your younger sister,and I know wallahi that I can not say so much to help you.:shymuslima1:
But Inshallah I can pray for you sister,and all others brothers and sisters too,and Alhadmulillah sister with Allah and with your brothers and sisters you are never alone.

Do you have family or some relatives(aunt,uncle,cousins) who can help you and give you for example some free part of thier home where you can live and pay half of rent that you are paying now,so Inshallah it would make easy things for you???

Mashallah sister you done good deed,and may Allah reword you.:tti_sister:

With love,Your sister Asiya:hearts:

abouisra

:salam2:brother and sisters i just wanna say to my revert brother and sisters that they have to be proud of being reverted to islam i consider them like the sahaba of the prophet pbuh because the sahaba of the prophet pbuh they didnt born muslims but they are the best people after the prophets of allah pbuthem all islam dosnot belonge to born muslims islam belongs to allah and it is for every one who chose to submit himself to allah alone you can not inhirit islam from any one born muslim dosnt make better than the one who revert to islam its your good deeds and your piety and you sbmission to the will of alla that make the diffirence dosnt matter to whome your born or place where your born or the color of your skin or how much money you have as long as you say shahada we are all brothers and sisters and no body can say that iam more muslim than you just because i am is born muslim no thats is not rigth so my revert brother and sister never think that you are less muuslim than the ones who born muslim islam is for yours too and it cams from allah to you you have the same rigths and duties like any one who say the shahada so try your best to protect it and spread the word of allah and to not look at what muslims do but rather what islam preach :salam2:

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

Sister i would just like to write something small and inshallah powerful Allah says in Quran 'verily with difficulty comes EASE' surah Nasr i would like to also soften your heart with this because it helped me through my trails and when i read this i reflect and think that actually Allah's promise is true because no matter what ease comes if not here in present i pray that Allah gives you your yussra (ease) soon and if not May Allah grant you jannah al firdows for being patient with us all as you said the problem is the muslims :girl3: And its with this Ease and promise of Allah in mind that we continue to battle on the road to jannah which truly is an uphill road and it is difficult but inshallah when we reach the top we will see its true fruits the fruits of our labour....:hearts:

If anything i am ashamed when i here how converts are treated if i met a convert i would hug them and welcome them because i have no idea what they have been through subhannallah may allah reward them all ameen
Please dont think we are all like this because if anything i have a special place also for converts and when i see them it makes me smile and fills me with joy.... sister i dont know what else to say but SORRY and I LOVE YOU so keep patient in the face of the ignorant and may Allah double your rewards ameen

Sorry i was meant to write a little i just hope you have time for my feeble consolation :shymuslima1: sister when you hurt, i hurt i feel your pain but i feel helpless what can i do for you???? Your not Alone we are all here for you!!!

:wasalam::hijabi:

salah_khan

Being Born into Islam vs. Reverting to it Later on in Life

Shaykh-ul-Islam ibn Taymiyyah (rahimahullaah) said:

“Some of the people believe that the one born into Islam and does not fall into kufr is better than the one who was a disbeliever and (later on) accepted Islam, this is incorrect. The criterion is in the outcome (meaning the one who is qualified with more taqwa of Allaah regarding the outcome is better). This is because it is known that the early ones from the muhajireen and the ansaar who believed in Allaah and His Messenger (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) after they were disbelievers are better than those who were born into Islam from their children, from their offspring or other than their offspring.

The one who knew the evil and tasted it and then knew the good and tasted it, his knowledge of the good and his love of it and his knowledge of the evil and his hate for it is more perfect from the one who did not know the good and the evil, nor did he taste them as tasted by the other one (the one who was a disbeliever and accepted Islam). The one who did not know except the good, the evil may encounter him and he may not know that it is evil, he may either fall in it or he may not reject it like the one who knew it.” (Majmoo’ al-Fataawaa, Vol. 10, P.300)

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Sister please read this hadith:

“The People will soon summon one another to attack you as people when eating invite others to share their food.” Someone asked, “Will that be because of our small numbers at that time?” He replied, “No, you will be numerous at that time: but you will be froth and scum like that carried down by a torrent (of water), and Allah will take the fear of you from the breasts (hearts) of your enemy and cast al-wahn into your hearts.” Someone asked, “O Messenger of Allah, what is al-wahn?” He replied, “Love of the world and dislike of death.” [An authentic hadith recorded by Abu Dawud and Ahmad]

Some one said that if you look at the UN Security Council it looks like a perfect dining room. And I believe that the time mentioned in this hadith is the present time.
So here we are "froth and scum like that carried down by a torrent (of water)". What do you expect from this froth and scum?
And why do you expect anything from this froth and scum?

But the good news is that right after this time will come a time of great blessings. The blessings will come becauseof the emergence a small number of good and great people from this froth and scum who will change the world. Sister don't look at Muslims, look at Islam. And if you search hard and wide you can still find some very pious Muslims in this sea of froth and scum. You may have to do the Hijrah for it too. And Hijrah for the sake of Allah is one of the greatest act of worship with great rewards.

I pray that Allah (SWT) removes this test from you and provide you a great husband and wonderful children ... Ameen.
:wasalam:

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I was really very sad after reading your story. I'm very sorry for what happened to you.

When my wife and me embraced Islam, we can't stay at our own house because of several death threat I received from family member. So one of my friend (born Muslim) offered shelter. However, the next day we were chased away from the house. I was stunned and disbelieved as I expected good hospitality from fellow Muslim brothers. I don't understand what we did wrong.

I was asked same question like you, "you converted because you married a muslim right". I said no and when I said me and my wife both converted together, believe me, most born muslim just do not want to believe. But I do have good born Muslims, until today they support me all the way.

I take it this is some kind of test from Allah. Initially I was struggling and did had some negative thoughts about Islam due to some ill treatement by so called born muslim brothers. Alhamdulillah, I realised it is a test not for Allah to know what I am (because He knows about me needless for Him to test me) but the test is for me and my wife to know our strength and weakness. When we realised that, it strengthen our imaan. It reminds us that we embraced Islam not because of fellow muslim brothers but for Allah and it is for our own benefits.

I dua to Allah for you to have happiest marriage life, insyAllah. Ameen.

The_truth

...the Muslims. :)

Salaam,

Now that I've got your attention I wanted to post some thoughts that have been rumminating in my head lately. First some basic background on myself, I converted about 2.5 years ago to Islam and the price was my family and most of my friends. Many people will say "Well those aren't real friends then" but those same Muslims would distance themselves from apostates of Islam, so do not be too quick to judge.

Since converting I have had the unique point of view of looking from the inside out and seeing if people mean what they say. I have witnessed tribalism that would make the Hindus with their caste system shake heir head in amazement. I read 2-3 posts weekly here on TTI about people desiring to marry someone of another race/ethnicity but their parents are opposed and even threaten with disownment. They speaking mincingly of "language barriers" and "cultural differences" even when the person seeking marriage is willing to adapt and flex to their norms. The truth of the matter is they feel their culture/tradition is superior to Islam but would never outright say it. Actions my friends....that is how we measure true intention.

I have spent most of my Ramadaans alone and breaking fast by myself as most Muslims suddenly become occupied with the festivities within their own family....forgetting the Muslim that has no one. I was just mocked last week in the grocery store by a "born-Muslim" female when she asked where I was from. I responded "from here" to which she rolled her eyes and in a thick accent said so was she. (obviously she was Arab...later she informed me she was from Syria....but she simply couldn't beliive a Hijabi would be from America and in the South) She then said, "Oh you must've married an Arab and converted for him." To which I informed her I am not married nor ever have been married to a Muslim. She pretty much accused me of lying. I would like to point out she wasn't wearing hijab but had no problem tearing apart an obvious convert in front of a bunch of non-Muslims.

At my place of employment I face constant ridicule from customers and also insults. But for now it is the only way to feed myself and keep a roof over my head so I endure. There is no mosque close by that I can attend (the closest one is almost an hour drive and my vehicle is on it's last leg presently) so I can't even find some kind Muslims to fellowship with.

Meanwhile I read and hear from other Muslims (online mostly since there aren't many Muslims locally) about everything we converts "do wrong." Many times instead of receiving encouragement we are criticised and corrected quite harshly. It can really make a person doubt that they amde the right decision to become Muslim if only to be constantly berated and torn down.

Lastly there is the marriage prospect. The brother that showed interest in me spent a long battle with his parents and last Fall finally got permission. But a few weeks later his father said, "You guys can do whatever you want but I won't be part of it." So while we have "permission" we do not have "approval." Basically his father has an issue with my skin color and that I am a convert. Apparently these two details make me unacceptable. I've given the brother a time limit to square things with his father then I am cutting ties as I can no longer stand still and need to find a husband and insh'Allah, one day have children.

I am weary my brothers and sisters. So very weary of this long and lonely road. I know Allah swt only test those he loves but sometimes I wish he didn't trust me so much to be strong enough. So please consider your convert brothers and sisters and extend a hand of compassion and patience. if possible, have your parents read this post so they can understand how the elders are effecting new converts to this religion. Maybe they will finally look past their tribalism and truly....truly welcome their new brothers and sisters into their homes, family, and ummah.

Wasalaam

Asalaam wr wb sister i welcome you and thank you for sharing your feelings with us! Sister firstly can i just say your title should have been "The problem with certain Muslims" Not the problem with Islam because Islam is perfect but we as humans are not!

My sister in Islam Allah has blessed and guided you out of SO many people because he saw something inside the deeper regions of your heart that he likes and guided you to the truth and gave you imaan(faith)! The gift of imaan is more precious than we can EVER comprehend! We should thank Allah SO much for the gift of imaan!

My sister our beloved Prophet (saw) went through SO many trials and tribulations that none of us can never imagine! When he went to Taif (which is a big city) in order to invite the people to Islam they rejected him constantly! When he went to leave the youngsters of the area started pelting him with rocks! They hurt our beloved prophet (saw) a lot and hurt him so much that he bled until his feet got stuck to his shoes! He walked on but could'nt handle it anymore and sat down in terrible pain! He started crying profusely! Do you know why he cried? Not because of the pain but because he was so worried about the non believers who rejected the truth!The Arsh of Allah(Throne of Allah) shook because the beloved Prophet (Saw) was crying and Allah ordered Jibra'eel (As) to straight away go to the Prophet(Saw) and anything he asks for do it straight away without question! So the angel Jibra'eel (as) and the angel of the mountains that surrounded the city rushed to the prophet(saw) and the angel of the mountain said to him (Saw) "Give me permission and i shall cause the mountains to come together and crush this city and its inhabitants"! The Blessed Prophet (saw) said "It is not my job to take revenge or to destroy a people but it is my job to propogate the truth and to invite to the way of Allah and Islam"! Then the Prophet(Saw) said" Oh Allah please forgive these people for they know not! Maybe their children will accept Islam even if they don't"!

Subhanallah till this day there is not even one non muslim living in that city and it is because of the mercy of the blessed Prophet(Saw) who did not take revenge or think bad of the people but he asked for their forgiveness and prayed that they accept Islam!

So sister don't worry about what anyone says or does to you because it is not between them and you! It is between you and Allah it was never between them and you in the first place! The blessed Prophet(Saw) is the best example for all of us! He got rejected,sworn at,verbally abused,physicaly hurt and SO much more but he ALWAYS used wisdom and tact and was patient through it all and NEVER took revenge if people did anything bad to him but was patient and loving! Once a man urinated in the masjid and the people were ready to really hurt him for what he did but the blessed prophet(saw) went over to the man and said to him "Please do not urinated in the masjid again for this is not the place for urination this is a place of worship for it is the house of Allah"!

Allah says in the Qur'an, "I am with the one who is patient!"

So sister be patient with people if they mock you or say anything offensive to you because it does'nt only happen to you because your a revert but it happens to most of us in our daily lives! Remember when you look at a person you will NEVER know what trials and tribulations they are going through but they might be going through trials you will never imagine!

Sister don't look at the faults of certain people and generalise it because i have NEVER seen anyone criticise a revert or speak harshly to them! Im not saying their are not cases that they do but are very rare! From all my time in this forum and the other Islamic forums that i'm a member of ive NEVER read any criticism of reverts ONLY encouragement and love that was shown to them!

Born muslims love to encourage and help reverts as much as they can for the pleasure of Allah and their maybe a very few rare cases where reverts are spoken to harshly but this is very rare compared to the amount of encouragement they get!Just look at the positive side of people and if you experience negativity then know that Allah is by your side if you be patient through it! We can't live our lives letting people get to us and trust me your by NO means the only one it happens to as i said before you will never know what a person is going through unless you experience their life!

Its shaythan trying to make you feel this way he is trying to put hatred in your heart! Don't ever let him or anyone get to you but give wisdom and dawah in return and please Allah for all our actions should be that of striving to please Allah!

Sister there are very strong cultural traditions in certain countrys or people of a certain ethnicity but know that this is contrary to Islam and they are not practising Islam when they do this but they are practicing their own cultures but the newer generations mean that these strong cultural traditions are dissapearing slowly its just that the older generation who implement these tradition and they are set in their ways and brought up to be like this in their home countries so when they came here they brought their traditions along with them!

There has to be more Islamic education so that the elders can realise that their traditions are contrary to Islam because according to the sunnah if a person is good as in piety and character then the father cannot reject them for no good reason! I know it is VERY frustrating but again sister whether this proposal works out or not know that if its best for you it will happen and if its not best for you it will not happen! Inshallah you WILL find the right partner just have hope in Allah and i promise you will find the right one!

It is Patience which Allah is looking for through any trial,tribulation and test! Allah says in the Qur'an that he is with the person who is patient!Subhanallah!

The greatest virtue of all is patience and if a slave of Allah is patient through a trial and acknowledges that it is the decree of Allah then their reward is Jannah! That is a fact Subhanallah!

So through any trial and tribulation we should all keep patient and acknowledge that it is the decree of Allah and that he will reward us with Paradise if we keep patient!

Allah Almighty says, “And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to the patient. Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: “Truly, to Allah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return. They are those on whom are the salawat (i.e. who are blessed and will be forgiven) from their Lord, and (they are those who) receive His Mercy, and it is they who are the guided ones.” (Al-Baqarah :155-157)

If theres anything else you need or help and advice then please don't hesiate to ask! Please make dua for me sister Allah hafiz!

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
Another thing I just thought to mention .There is no such a thing as Born Muslim .We are all born as Muslims and it is our parents who make us Christians ,Buddist and etc......
So I personally really dislike when people tell me Im a born Muslim ,I was born Muslim ....
We all born as Muslims lets remember that .....

I dont even mention to people anymore ,that Im revert ,because I feel myself like I been a Muslim my whole life ,plus I dont like people being suspicious and I know the next question will be ,so you are married to a Muslim?

waaleikum salam

salek

sister sarah, assalamu alaikum.
i was thinking to write to you, reading some of your threads before. though i couldn't , actually i am so lazy to write, i was reading the previous threads posted by you. everytime i read your post i could guess, you were going through in so many hardships. and my heart filled with sorrows for you. i felt sorry being as a born muslim. i always feel very close to our converted brothers and sisters, on the name of Allah. i heard the musilms who live in usa, specially from some specific countries, they are far from islam or so called non practicing muslims. many of them are secular, they don't care of anything, know nothing about islam. they have just a muslim name. that's all ! they are so blind of worldly things and far of islam. so, it will be easy to get hurt from those types of so called muslims. it will just hurt your heart. but on the other hand, there are so many good muslims too. i heard there are several good muslilm communities in usa who are playing vital role to spread the message of islam in north america. and many converted muslim brother and sisters are really working very hard for this beautiful deen.

being as a practicing muslim or as least trying to obey the orders of Allah honestly, i feel so sad about our converted brothers and sisters,who i hear they leave everything their families, relatives, freinds etc. i am in canada, and in our city ~ saint-laurent. alhamdulillah, we have a very very good muslim community. it seems almost half of the population are muslims. and mostly, good and practicing muslims. we are happy and proud of our muslim community.
whenever i find a converted muslim i try to share all our feelings and share everything if possible; to invite them to my home and passing just like my own brother or sister. we meet in the mosques, call often to know how we are passing, celebrating all the festivals together, go out together for dawa to the non practicing muslims etc. but when i think about you my heart aches like you are more closer than my own sister but i can't do anything for you. i feel sorry, if you were in my city or nearby we could have done something for you. at least you wouldn't be lonely. from being far, from here, i don't know what to say or what to do but i pray to allmighty Allah that he help you and soothe your aching heart, increasing your iman and may Allah reward you the most blessed place jannatul ferdous. amen

one of your brother,

vironchopin

The problem

Salam,

The problem with what being mentioned by our sister Sarah, is NOT Islam but the muslims themselves. I would say think before you speak or write something.

While the islam is universal the followers are making it narrow, barrier of skins and races, poor and rich and so many reasons. I think we talk too much while less in actions.

How many of us here in this kind of forum openly condemn Jews just because the Gazah War. Until at one point we dont even care as long as we speak. Our words has come to a point where people got offended and some of us are converts. Now do we think that the brothers and sisters who converted chosed to be Jews, Christians, Hindus, Buddhists or whatever races and background before they came to Islam and they like to be that way? Allah knows best what kind of sufferings and sacrifices they make to be in the fold of Islam.

By the grace of Allah, He puts His boutiless mercy into our hearts and gives us certain understanding of Islam. We muslims are just "lucky" to be made as muslim just because our parents are muslims. Yet, still the skins, races and whatever become our main obcessions. When our teacher, prophet Muhammad SAW told us to throw away this extreme racial element and love to the bottom of our hearts other muslims we embrace the later and do the opposite to our muslims. This is a true fact, you will find it everywhere and becomes so much even a muslim will publicily annouces "So and so is my enemy".

Just think about it.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Response to: Sister Sarah, and sister "Islamic Girl." :)

Assalamu Alykum Warahmatullahe Wabarakaathuh, my respected sister Sarah, May Allah Ta Alla shower his Mercy upon you, and may his Love to you (and your Love to him) always increase, and the same to you sister ("Baji," LoL. I think sister "Islamic Girl," it would've been REALLY easier if you just gave a name that I (or we) can call you by), Ameen. :)

I've actually felt the urge to respond to the post of our sister (well, who's JUST A FEW months older than me, LoL :p) below:

Assalam-o-alaikum sister Sarah!

Your post made me sooo sad AND angry! Angry at that muslim woman you met at the shop! How dare she talks to her sister in Islam in such a way.
I sometimes feel sooo angry at the muslim brothers and sisters who, instead of learning and acting upon their religion insult those who are actually trying to become better muslims. one may tolerate what non-muslims say but when you actually hear such things from muslim, your tolerant level breaks up.

I am soo sorry for you sister Sarah..... I literally can never even imagine the situations of muslim converts. They are really wonderful people as you are MashaAllah. May be thats why I admire them too much.

From this point onwards, I will InshaAllah never forget to remember you in my prayers.
May Allah give you the highest level of jannah. Ameen.
Take care.
Wassalam.

Your words actually hit my mind real hard sister. (not in a bad way though, meaning, in a way that it seemed to make me remember when) I use to be in a situation, when, in my Arabic class, there was this one brother, who was really light skinned (Circassion and Syrian, Mashallah), and who I felt really felt a bit of a small amount of liking to me, seeing me having a Kufi, and (like the REST of the class, mostly the girls and the Muslim sisters, unfortunately :() knowing about how serious I take Islam.

So anyway, one day, he told me that I'm "a Shi'a," and then I asked him if he even KNOWS what the Rafizha religion is all about (the Paganistic beleifs that the Shi'as deviated by beleiving in), and he said, "Well, a "Sunni," is a like me and him (he was pointing at another "bra" who's Arab also, to also note here, he's a modernistic "Mozlim"), but what your doing is like what the Shi'as are like."

I then told him that what I was doing was trying to follow the Sunnah of Rasulallah (SAW) and be a Rightous Muslim, and then he said, because I think about keeping a beard, and stuff, I'm still "a Shi'a," and so it turned out into a bitter argument with him, trying to prove to me that I'm a follower of the Rafizha Mushrik Religion, known as "ash- Shee'ah," and I was fighting back at him, by saying that what I was doing was following Ahl as Sunnah wa al Jam'ah, and the Creed of as Salaf as Salih, which, is a group of Muslims that take practicing Islam to be like that of the Salaf as Salih and Rasulallah (SAW)'s beloved ones.

And so, I was thinking about how someone would ever go to the extent to claim that I'm a Rafizha, especially, someone who doesn't even KNOW what Ahl as Sunnah or what the Rafizhi religion is about!

But, I started to remember the way Imam al Bukhari and Sheikh Ahmed ibn Hanbal, as well as Imam Malik ibn Anas were treated, and ridiculed, and called things such as a Rafizha or a Mutazillat, by those who were just jealous about them, or who just went around claiming things without having any knowledge about what they would spread and since, after I remembered a saying by Ibn al Jawziyya (RA):

"Iblees uses people to spread false rumors and lies about the such person, who's a great Scholar, or follower of the Sunnah, in a way to weaken their Eman, and make them feel upset and frustrated,"

And that just made me feel more happy and stronger in my Eman, and maybe, one day, I CAN become one of those who followed Rasulallah (SAW) completely, and be of those whom Allah Ta Alla is greatly pleased with, which is my heart's most dearest desire.

Surah al An'aam Ayeh 125-134

[yt]HNnbMAYZNsY[/yt]​