The right way to perform prayer (includes animation)

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Salaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi,

The link below is a step by step description of the way to perform an Islamic prayer (or Salah) in a simplistic manner. It includes animation which makes it easier to follow and to learn.

In addition, there is also an excellent step by step guide (with pictures) to prayer on TTI.

51_56.png

And I (Allah) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone)

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum brother,

jazakaAllaah khair for posting this.

I just have a quick question, it says "ones kness should reach the floor first" and I have read in a book that the hands should reach the floor first :confused: ? I was wondering is it a difference in schools of thought or not?
btw, the writter of that book had evidence to back up what he was saying. InshaAllaah, I'll try to post it to show you what I mean. I just need sometime.
BarakaAllaahu feek!

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

Sister Amatullah, one's hand reaching the floor (ground) before the knees while going in to sujood is actually among the 'common mistakes made in Salah'. If you come across any handbook or pamphlet on 'mistakes in Salah', you will come across it.

Therefore I highly doubt that it is a difference of opinion, rather it is incorrect way of going in to Sujood.

Could you please provide the link where you have read this information ?

And Allah knows best.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals

Sister Amatullah, one's hand reaching the floor (ground) before the knees while going in to sujood is actually among the 'common mistakes made in Salah'. If you come across any handbook or pamphlet on 'mistakes in Salah', you will come across it.

Therefore I highly doubt that it is a difference of opinion, rather it is incorrect way of going in to Sujood.

And Allah knows best.

Yay Alhamdulillaah,I finally found the time to look up for the information. Alhamdulillah!
ok so this is from a book called Al mabaadee al mufeedah fi tawheed, wal fiqh wal Aqeedah Basic principles of the subject of tawheed, fiqh and aqeedah by Shaikh Yahya Al-hajoori.
You should go down into prostration with your hands. The proof for this is the Hadith of Al-baraa' Bin' Aazib (radhiAllah anhu) in which he said "when the messenger of Allaah sala'allahu alahi wasalam would say 'sami allahu liman hamidah' non of us would bend his back forward until the prohpet went down into prostration. Then we would go down into prostration after him." [agreed upon]
The shaikh wrote : Bending the back only occurs when one is going down toward the ground with his hands (first)
And Allaah knows best :)

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
How to Offer Prayer - Animated Islamic Clip

*link removed*

I think I saw some incorrect practices in that link like placing the hand under the belly button. This is not according to the authentic narration of Prophetic narrations. Therefore, I would strongly suggest you and everyone else to not refer to it.

JazakAllahu Khayran..

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

@ sister Amatullah..

JazakAllahu Khayran for posting that reference. I didn't even know there was ikhtilaaf on this matter. Always good to know.. BarakAllahu Feeki. Please read below.

From IslamQA :-

Hands first or knees first in sujood?

Praise be to Allaah.

The scholars have differed as to how one should go down in sujood, whether one should go hands first or knees first. According to the Hanafis, Shaafa’is and one opinion narrated from Ahmad, the person who is praying should go down on his knees first, then on his hands. Al-Tirmidhi thought that this was the opinion of the majority of scholars, and said in his Sunan (2/57): “This is how it is done according to the majority of scholars: they think that a man should go down on his knees before he puts his hands down, and when he gets up he should raise his hands before his knees. Those who express this opinion take as evidence the hadeeth of Waa’il ibn Hajar, who said: “I saw the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), when he did sujood, putting his knees down before his hands, and when he got up he raised his hands before his knees.” (Reported by Abu Dawood, al-Tirmidhi, al-Nisaa’i, Ibn Maajah and al-Daaraqutni (1/345). He said: The only one who narrated it was Yazeed ibn Haaroon from Shurayk. Nobody reported from ‘Aasim ibn Kulayb except Shurayk, and Shurayk is not qawiy (strong). Al-Bayhaqi said in al-Sunan (2/101): its isnaad is da’eef (weak). Al-Albaani classed it as da’eef in al-Mishkaat (898) and al-Irwa’ (2/75). Other scholars classed it as saheeh, such as Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) in Zaad al-Ma’aad). Among those who thought that one should go down into sujood knees first were Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah and his student Ibn al-Qayyim; contemporary scholars who favour this view include Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz and Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen.

Maalik, al-Awzaa’i and the scholars of hadeeth thought that one should go into sujood hands first, based on the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him), who said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘When any one of you prostrates, let him not go down as the camel does; let him put his hands down before his knees.’” (Reported by Ahmad (2/381), Abu Dawood, al-Tirmidhi, and al-Nisaa’i. Al-Nawawi said in al-Majmoo’ (3/421): it was reported by Abu Dawood and al-Nisaa’i with a jayyid isnaad. It was classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in al-Irwa’ (2/78), who said: This is a saheeh isnaad, all of whose men are thiqaat, the men of Muslim, apart from Muhammad ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn al-Hasan, also known as al-Nafs al-Zakiyyah al-‘Alawi, who is thiqah)

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah made a valuable comment on this matter in al-Fataawa (22/449): “Praying in both ways is permissible, according to the consensus of the scholars. If a person wants to go down knees first or hands first, his prayer is valid in either case, according to the consensus of the scholars, but they disputed as to which is preferable.”

The scholar should act upon whichever opinion he believes is more likely to be correct, and the ordinary Muslim should follow the opinion of a scholar whom he trusts. And Allaah knows best.
Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Link : http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/2108/

MusLiMah_Kubra

Hasbi-Allah
Assalamalaikum
jazakallah brother for sharing this..

wel no offense but would like to point out something
the first two links are not in similarity to the last one, in the first two links it is not mentioned to raise hands while raising from the rukoo and also that it is sunnah to move the indez finger while reciting tashahhud,,,the third link u provided is more correct rather than the first ones..
there has been many arguments on both issues since long but there are strong and authentic hadiths which confirm that it is sunnah to raise hands while rising from rukoo and moving index finger during tashahhud...
please look in to it...as we as muslims should be following our Prophet :saw: exactly the way he prayed as said in one of his famous Hadith from Sahih Bukhari "Pray as you have seen me praying."
Jazakallah
Salam alaikum

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals

@ sister Amatullah..

JazakAllahu Khayran for posting that reference. I didn't even know there was ikhtilaaf on this matter. Always good to know.. BarakAllahu Feeki. Please read below.

From IslamQA :-

Link : http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/2108/

Brother, subhana'Allaah! I was just reading a book on this! (which sorta said the same thing this link said, masha'Allaah) and I too was soo amazed to find that there is actually ikhtilaaf in this matter....but then I was pleased to know a muslim can go with either of the actions (go down with kness first or hands first) alhamdulillaah!! it's such a blessing,
and I came across this thread again.....how awsome is that! masha'Allaah.
I ask Allaah to reward you for this link.....it's very beneficial, masha'Allaah

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
thank you for this post it is great and you are helping many people :)

Salaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi,

BarakAllahu Feeki..

Assalamalaikum
jazakallah brother for sharing this..

wel no offense but would like to point out something
the first two links are not in similarity to the last one, in the first two links it is not mentioned to raise hands while raising from the rukoo and also that it is sunnah to move the indez finger while reciting tashahhud,,,the third link u provided is more correct rather than the first ones..
there has been many arguments on both issues since long but there are strong and authentic hadiths which confirm that it is sunnah to raise hands while rising from rukoo and moving index finger during tashahhud...
please look in to it...as we as muslims should be following our Prophet :saw: exactly the way he prayed as said in one of his famous Hadith from Sahih Bukhari "Pray as you have seen me praying."
Jazakallah
Salam alaikum

Walaykumsalam waa rahmatullahi,

Great observation MashaAllah. You are correct about the raising hands from Rukoo. I wonder if I can edit my initial post and mention it in there.

As for the moving of index fingers, it is a recommended practice and there is plenty of Ikhtilaaf on that matter if I am not mistaken. Some say to move it through out while the others say to do it only words while reciting words of dua.

The best explanation I have seen on this issue is below (follows the second opinion) :-

[yt]29LrD4eVwjk[/yt]

Thanks for taking the time to mention it. Jazaki Allahu khayran. And no offense taken. :)

MusLiMah_Kubra

Hasbi-Allah

Jazakalalhu khairan wa kaseeran
thanX for the above video, it was truly beneficial with a good explanation

Baarakallahu feek

Idris16

And Allah knows best.

:wasalam:

Actually going to sujud with hands first is the strongest proof. It's a matter of fiqh and at least everything is ikhtilâf when it comes to salâh.
Just look at when we do sujud, raf'ul yadayn, whether we should recite surah fâtiha behind the imam during maghrib and isha. It's a matter of fiqh and when you start praying you don't need to hold your arms on your chest since it's SUNNAH.

The hadith which speaks about going to sujud with your knees first was declared weak by al-Albânî and I was told by a member here that it was even declared weak by Ibn Hajar al-'Asqalanî.

It's really idiotic to disunite because of fiqh.
Wasalam alaykum:):):shake:

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
I was told by a member here that it was even declared weak by Ibn Hajar al-'Asqalanî.

Wa `alaykkum salaam wa rahmatullaah, barakAllaahu feek for your post akh Idrees, I would just like to point out, that Ibn Hajar rahimahullaah mentions that the hadeeth is authentic. After quoting the hadeeth of Abu Hurairah (that mentions going hands first), he rahimahullaah said: "وهو أقوى من حديث واءل بن حجر رضي الله تعالى عنه"

"And this hadeeth is more authentic (stronger) than the hadeeth narated by Wa'il ibn Hujr radiAllaahu ta`aala anhu (which mentions about going hands first)"

And this is mentioned in his book "Buloogh al Maraam"

wAllaahu a`lam

Wassalaamu `alaykkum

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

Jazakalalhu khairan wa kaseeran
thanX for the above video, it was truly beneficial with a good explanation

Baarakallahu feek

Wa Iyyaki.

Actually going to sujud with hands first is the strongest proof. It's a matter of fiqh and at least everything is ikhtilâf when it comes to salâh.

:salam2: akhi :)

I had consequently taken back my words and pasted a fatwa from Islam QA. Please read below from IslamQA :-
Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah made a valuable comment on this matter in al-Fataawa (22/449): “Praying in both ways is permissible, according to the consensus of the scholars. If a person wants to go down knees first or hands first, his prayer is valid in either case, according to the consensus of the scholars, but they disputed as to which is preferable.”

The scholar should act upon whichever opinion he believes is more likely to be correct, and the ordinary Muslim should follow the opinion of a scholar whom he trusts. And Allaah knows best.
Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

It's really idiotic to disunite because of fiqh.
Wasalam alaykum:):):shake:

Point noted. :shake: ... Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
How can I open this as a Doc so I can save it on to my PC?

JazakAllahu Khair. :)

Sorry for the late response, akhi.

If you click on the link. it says below 'Click here to download'. Perhaps you can try downloading it from there and saving it on your Hard disk. I don't think it can be saved as a document as it is made with 'flash' and has animation in it.

Wa Iyyak.