The Ruling Regarding Islamic Nasheeds

Ayyub

Assalamou Alaikoum Wa Rahmtaullahi Wa Barakatuh

Here are a few fatawa's from our Ulama kibar regarding the nasheeds that are so popular at our time.

The Ruling Regarding Islamic Nasheeds By The Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, Sheikh Abdul-Aziz Ahl-Shaykh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LIcqrYTfR0

A Question to Shaykh Abdul-Aziz Bin Abdullah Aal-Shaykh, the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, Chairman of the Committee of Senior Ulema [religious scholars] and Chairman of the Department of Scientific Research and Ifta [guidance]:

"What is the ruling concerning gathering upon sound anaashed that call to good?"

Answer:

"My personal position concerning this is that I have reservations as I fear that this is an extension of the songs & chanting of the Sufis. And I fear that it will busy people away from taking pleasure in listening to the Quran and reflecting over it. Thus, I have reservations concerning this even though some of our brothers have made it permissible and have said it is better than that which is lesser than it. But I personally fear that it will draw people towards the singing and chanting of the Sufis that has no good in it."

Shaykh 'Abdul Muhsin al-'Abbaad said,

"A person should spend his time with what will give him good in return in this life and the life after this. Let him occupy himself with remembrance of Allaah, read the Qur'aan and beneficial books. Moreover, it is also fine to listen to beneficial poetry which urges to noble character and good adab. But as for these Anasheed which are listened to in these times, and which are sung in choirs to thereafter be recorded and sold, one should neither listen to them nor care about them (i.e one should ignore them)."

(al-Qawl al-Mufeed fee Hukm-il-Anaasheed, p. 70)

Shaikh al-'Uthaimeen (rahimahullaah) said:

"The "Islamic" anasheed is an innovated chanting innovated by the Sufis. Therefore, one should turn away from it and resort to the admonitions from the Qur`aan and Sunnah, unless it is used in the battlefields to help as a motivation for Jihaad in the cause of Allah, the Most High; [only] then this is good. However; if it is accompanied with the duff, then it would be far away from the truth."

Shaykh Muhammad al-Maaliki (hafidhahullaah) said: Wallaahi this issue has spread in the Muslim world today. It started as a means of teaching, but now it is a form of material enjoyment. They are not able to do without it and this is really bad as it will lead to the days of the Sufis - where they used to worship Allaah by anaasheed and they called it Islaamic songs. There are no Islaamic songs.

A look at Anasheeds:
A Look at Nasheed

And here a short article from Sheikh Fawzaan hafidhaullah with the name "Don't listen to Nasheeds".

May Allaah preserve our genuine scholars (and their genuine students), and support them against falsehood and its people! Ameen.

Subhanak Allaahuma wa bihamdika ash-hadu anlaa illaaha illa anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk

If I said anything correct, then it is from Allaah (subhanahu wa taa'ala), and if I erred, then that is from me and shaytan.

Ershad

Walaikkum Assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Baarakallahu feekum, akhi. This is very important especially if people take Anasheed to be a substitute for music. Btw, The link to the article is not working. So, I am attaching it with this post.

Wassalamu Alaykum.

Attachments

• The_Ark_Issue_11.pdf
    5 MB · Views: 52

Ron-Kid

HasbunAllahu wa ni`mal Wakil '
Bro. Abu Mussab Wajdi Akkari - A Message You will always ... (Music & Nasheed)

The Classical Hit....Its Bad! (Music & Nasheed) by Brother Abu Mussab ...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0CQJf_Nznc[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i1ELHNz1s8[/ame]