The Saudis have spoiled Mecca – but the British Museum doesn’t want you to know (OpEd)

dna1987

Muslim Guy
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/w...t-the-british-museum-doesnt-want-you-to-know/

Seriously, they turned the Prophet's (peace be upon him) house into a cattle market first, and now it's a library! Abu Bakr's house has been turned into a carpark!!!

These ancient homes would be a really good place to visit and see what it looked like 1400 years ago. Instead Makkah is looking less and less like a futurisitc crazy city, not a place that one would go to get away from all the vices of the modern world.

Assalam alaiku.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Firstly, you're quoting or referring rather, us to the fitnah mongering press. Secondly,

Seriously, they turned the Prophet's (peace be upon him) house into a cattle market first, and now it's a library! Abu Bakr's house has been turned into a carpark!!!

Well it's better off like than then a place of shirk as many people make out of these historical sites. Yes I agree it would be nice to see them, But I much rather 'not' see them then see people making tabarruk and what not at such places.

Allaah knows best.

Aziboy

Banned
Assalam Alaykum,

Firstly, to answer you in short brother, the places becomes blessed only coz of the person living their and when the blessed people passed away, the place is no longer blessed. Try to understand that the house of Hadrat Abu Bakr (ra) was blessed coz he was staying there not coz the place was blessed from the beginning itself.

As for Makkah city, it has been renovated in every Era as per the best available technologies and resources, though I myself do not like those towers near Al-Haram.