The 'Shortcuts to Jannah' thread

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Assalamu `alaykum.

I hope everyone is well. Been a while since I posted on this forum.

Getting to the point: There are many deeds in Islam, which are very easy to do and yet at the same time carries a lot of reward, either in this dunya or the aakhirah. These maybe actions or statements, but the point is that they are easy to do. They are not as difficult (for most of the people) as waking for the night prayer, or as difficult as going out to seek knowledge etc.

It is reported on the Prophet :saw2:, on the authority of Abu Hurairah, that he said:

أعمار أمتي ما بين ستين إلى سبعين، وأقلهم من يجوز ذلك
The life span of my Ummah (ranges) between sixty and seventy years, and only a few pass this age.[Reported by al-Tirmidhi and others, and was authenticated by al-Dhahabi]

Although this is a short life span, Allah out of his mercy and justice has legislated actions for this ummah that are easy and small, yet are great in reward in the sight of Allah. This is from the bounties and favors of Allah upon us, as Allah says in Surah al-Hujurat:

فَضْلًا مِّنَ اللَّهِ وَنِعْمَةً وَاللَّهُ عَلِيمٌ حَكِيمٌ

(It is) a bounty and favor from Allah. And Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise.

It is important to know and understand that our righteous deeds will come to us in the form of a beautiful person in the grave, to save us from the punishment of the grave and also will come as an intercessor for us on the day of Judgement. Thus, a smart individual will take time out and invest in his hereafter by performing as many righteous deeds as possible- even if they are small deeds. The Prophet :saw2: said, as reported by Bukhari and Muslim on the authority of Anas, that:

يتبع الميت ثلاثة‏ أهله وماله وعمله فيرجع اثنان ويبقى واحد‏ يرجع أهله وماله، ويبقى عمله
"Three follow a dead person: His family members, his possessions and his deeds. Two of them return and one remains with him. His family and his possessions return; his deeds remain with him."

------------------------------​

So how does this thread work?

In shaa'Allah everyone is welcome to contribute. But I would like to request those who contribute, to pay attention to the following rules:

1) The hadeeth you post must be an action that is easy to carry out by the general muslims.

2) The action mentioned in the hadeeth has a specific reward attached to it. For example: saying "La Hawla walaa quwwata illa billaah" is a treasure from the treasures of Jannah.

3) The hadeeth you post, must be with a reference. I.e. is it from Bukhari, Muslim, al-Tirmidhi etc.

4) If you quote a narration from outside Bukhari or muslim, then please mention who authenticated the narration.

5) Most importantly, please try and make sure that you act upon the hadeeth (if you are able to) before sharing it with others.

That's all for now. I'll soon post my first hadeeth on this thread.

Wassalamu `alaykum

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Sayyid al-Istighfaar (Most excellent manner of seeking forgiveness)​

عن شداد بن أوس ‏‏رضي الله عنه ‏عن النبي ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏‏سيد ‏‏الاستغفار أن تقول
اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّي لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ خَلَقْتَنِي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ وَأَنَا عَلَى عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَ مَا اسْتَطَعْتُ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ أَبُوءُ لَكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَيَّ وَأَبُوءُ لَكَ بِذَنْبِي فَاغْفِرْ لِي فَإِنَّهُ لَا يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ
قال ومن قالها من النهار موقنا بها فمات من يومه قبل أن يمسي فهو من أهل الجنة ومن قالها من الليل وهو موقن بها فمات قبل أن يصبح فهو من أهل الجنة .رواه البخاري

Imam Bukhari reported on the authority of Shaddad b. Aws that the Prophet :saw2: said:

'The noblest and most excellent manner of seeking forgiveness is that one says: "O Allah! You are my Lord! None has the right to be worshipped except You. You created me, and I am Your slave. And I am faithful to my covenant and my promise as far as I am able. I seek refuge from the evil of what I have done. I acknowledge before You all the favours that You have bestowed upon me, and I confess all my sins to You. So forgive me, since none can forgive sins except You.'

Then he :saw2: said: "Whoever says it in the day, with firm conviction in it, and dies in that day before evening- then he is from the people of Paradise. Whoever says it in the night, with firm conviction in it, and he dies before the morning- then he is from the people of Paradise."

Transliteration: Allahumma anta rabbee laa ilaaha illa ant, khalaqtanee wa anaa `abduk, wa anaa `alaa `ahdika wa wa`adika mas-taTa`t, a`oodhu bika min sharri maa sana`t, aboo'u laka bini`matika `alayy, wa aboo'u laka bidhanbee, faghfir lee fa innahu laa yaghfiru al-dhunooba illa ant

---------------------------------​

What to do: Make the above du`a with certainty of receiving the reward

When to do it: One time in the morning [Sabaah] (any time between the start of fajar and before sun-rise) and one time in the evening [Masaa'] (any time between the start of `asr time and before sun-set). However, if one forgets to do it in the above time, they can always do it after sunrise or sunset, but the former time is preferable.

Rewards: 1) The person will enter Jannah.

2) His sins will be forgiven. Although it doesn't explicitly mention in the narration that his sins will be forgiven, but it can be derived from the du`aa that he will be forgiven. As the Prophet :saw2: said to `Aa'ishah, as reported by al-Bukhari:

فَإِنَّ الْعَبْدَ إِذَا اعْتَرَفَ بِذَنْبِهِ ثُمَّ تَابَ تَابَ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ ‏
"Certainly, when the slave confesses his sins and then repents to Allah- Allah will forgive him"

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Reward equivalent to reciting 1/3rd of the Qur'aan

روى مسلم عَنْ أَبِي الدَّرْدَاءِ عَنْ النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ : أَيَعْجِزُ أَحَدُكُمْ أَنْ يَقْرَأَ فِي لَيْلَةٍ ثُلُثَ الْقُرْآنِ ؟ قَالُوا : وَكَيْفَ يَقْرَأْ ثُلُثَ الْقُرْآنِ . قَالَ : قُلْ هُوَ اللَّهُ أَحَدٌ تَعْدِلُ ثُلُثَ الْقُرْآنِ

Imam Muslim narrated on the authority of Abu al-Darda', that the Messenger of Allah :saw2: said:

“Is any one of you unable to recite one-third of the Qur’aan in one night?” They said, “How could anyone read one-third of the Qur’aan?” He said, “Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad is equivalent to one-third of the Qur’aan.”

روى البخاري عَنْ أَبِي سَعِيدٍ أَنَّ رَجُلًا سَمِعَ رَجُلًا يَقْرَأُ قُلْ هُوَ اللَّهُ أَحَدٌ يُرَدِّدُهَا فَلَمَّا أَصْبَحَ جَاءَ إِلَى رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ فَذَكَرَ ذَلِكَ لَهُ ، وَكَأَنَّ الرَّجُلَ يَتَقَالُّهَا [أي يراها قليلة] فَقَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ : وَالَّذِي نَفْسِي بِيَدِهِ إِنَّهَا لَتَعْدِلُ ثُلُثَ الْقُرْآنِ
Imam al-Bukhaari narrated from Abu Sa’eed that a man heard another man reciting Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad and repeating it. The next morning he came to the Messenger of Allaah :saw2: and told him about that. The man thought that it was too little, but the Messenger of Allaah :saw2: said: “By the One in Whose hand is my soul, it is equivalent to one-third of the Qur’aan.”

وروى مسلم عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ قَالَ : قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ : احْشُدُوا فَإِنِّي سَأَقْرَأُ عَلَيْكُمْ ثُلُثَ الْقُرْآنِ فَحَشَدَ مَنْ حَشَدَ ، ثُمَّ خَرَجَ نَبِيُّ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ فَقَرَأَ قُلْ هُوَ اللَّهُ أَحَدٌ ثُمَّ دَخَلَ ، فَقَالَ بَعْضُنَا لِبَعْضٍ : إِنِّي أُرَى هَذَا خَبَرٌ جَاءَهُ مِنْ السَّمَاءِ ، فَذَاكَ الَّذِي أَدْخَلَهُ ، ثُمَّ خَرَجَ نَبِيُّ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ فَقَالَ : إِنِّي قُلْتُ لَكُمْ سَأَقْرَأُ عَلَيْكُمْ ثُلُثَ الْقُرْآنِ ، أَلَا إِنَّهَا تَعْدِلُ ثُلُثَ الْقُرْآنِ

Imam Muslim narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allaah :saw2: said:

“Gather together, for I will recite to you one-third of the Qur’aan.” So those who could gather together gathered there, then the Prophet of Allaah :saw2: came out and recited Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad, then he went in. They said to one another, Perhaps there has been some news from heaven on account of which he has gone inside (the house). Then the Prophet of Allaah :saw2: came out and said, “I told you that I was going to recite to you one-third of the Qur’aan. Verily it is equivalent to one-third of the Qur’aan.”

This is Surah # 112 in the Qur'an.

What to do: Recite Surah al-Ikhlas completely

When to do it: Any time of the day or night.

Reward: You will receive the reward of reciting 1/3rd of the Qur'an

xAllahKnowsBestx

Wa 'alaykum assalam.

Nice thread. Here's an easy one:

Smiling is Charity!

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “Do not abuse anyone…Do not look down upon any good work, and when you speak to your brother, show him a cheerful face.” (Sunan of Abu-Dawood, Hadith 1889)

The Prophet (peace be upon him) has said: “Your smile for your brother is Sadaqah. Your removal of stones, thorns or bones from the paths of people is Sadaqah. Your guidance of a person who is lost is Sadaqah.”(Bukhari)

Jarir bin Abdullah (RA) said: The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) never refused me permission to see him since I embraced Islam and never looked at me except with a smile (on his face). (Sahih Muslim)

What to do: Smile at your brothers and sisters.

When to do it: All the time!

Reward: It counts as sadaqah (charity).

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
Ayat al Kursi

2_255.png

Allah - there is no deity except Him, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of [all] existence. Neither drowsiness overtakes Him nor sleep. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is it that can intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is [presently] before them and what will be after them, and they encompass not a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills. His Kursi extends over the heavens and the earth, and their preservation tires Him not. And He is the Most High, the Most Great. [Quran 2:255]

Transliteration:
Allahu la ilaha illa Huwal Haiyul-Qaiyum La ta'khudhuhu sinatun wa la nawm lahu ma fis-samawati wa ma fil-'ard Man dhal-ladhi yashfa'u 'indahu illa bi-idhnih Ya'lamu ma baina aidihim wa ma khalfahum wa la yuhituna bi shai'im-min 'ilmihi illa bima sha'a Wasi'a kursiyuhus-samawati wal ard wa la ya'uduhu hifdhuhuma Wa Huwal 'Aliyul-Adheem

وَقَالَ عُثْمَانُ بْنُ الْهَيْثَمِ حَدَّثَنَا عَوْفٌ، عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ سِيرِينَ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ قَالَ وَكَّلَنِي رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم بِحِفْظِ زَكَاةِ رَمَضَانَ، فَأَتَانِي آتٍ، فَجَعَلَ يَحْثُو مِنَ الطَّعَامِ، فَأَخَذْتُهُ فَقُلْتُ لأَرْفَعَنَّكَ إِلَى رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم‏.‏ فَذَكَرَ الْحَدِيثَ فَقَالَ إِذَا أَوَيْتَ إِلَى فِرَاشِكَ فَاقْرَأْ آيَةَ الْكُرْسِيِّ لَنْ يَزَالَ عَلَيْكَ مِنَ اللَّهِ حَافِظٌ، وَلاَ يَقْرَبُكَ شَيْطَانٌ حَتَّى تُصْبِحَ‏.‏ فَقَالَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ صَدَقَكَ وَهْوَ كَذُوبٌ، ذَاكَ شَيْطَانٌ ‏"‏‏.‏

Narrated Muhammad bin Sirin: Abu Huraira said, "Allah's Apostle put me in charge of the Zakat of Ramadan (i.e. Zakat-ul-Fitr). Someone came to me and started scooping some of the foodstuff of (Zakat) with both hands. I caught him and told him that I would take him to Allah's Apostle." Then Abu Huraira told the whole narration and added "He (i.e. the thief) said, 'Whenever you go to your bed, recite the Verse of "Al-Kursi" (2.255) for then a guardian from Allah will be guarding you, and Satan will not approach you till dawn.' " On that the Prophet said, "He told you the truth, though he is a liar, and he (the thief) himself was the Satan." [Bukhari :4:54::495] (See Bukhari 3:38:505 & Bukhari 6:61:530 also)

It was narrated that Abu Umaamah said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever recites Aayat al-Kursiy immediately after each prescribed prayer, there will be nothing standing between him and his entering Paradise except death.
[An-Nasaai, ‘Amalul Yawm-Yawm wal-Layl (hadith No.100), also Ibn As-Sunni (n.121). See also Al-Albanee Sahihul-Jaami As-Sagheer 5/339 and Silsilatul-Ahadeeth As-Saheehah 2/697 (no.972)] (translation taken from http://islamqa.com/en/ref/6092)

What to do:
Recite Ayat al Kursi

When to do it:
1. Before going to bed.
2. After each obligatory (fard) salah.

Reward (respectively):
1. Protection from Shaytaan.
2. Jannah.

Attachments

• Ayat al kursi - Sheikh Abu Bakr Ash Shatri.mp3
    1,023.3 KB · Views: 7

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Surpass on the Day of Resurrection​

عن أبي هريرة قال، قال رسول الله صلي الله عليه وسلم من قال حين يصبح وحين يمسي: سبحان الله وبحمده مائة مرة؛ لم يأت أحد يوم القيامة بأفضل مما جاء به, إلا أحد قال مثل ما قال, أو زاد عليه رواه الإمام مسلم​

Imam Muslim narrated on the authority of Abu Hurayrah, who said that Allah’s Messenger :saw2: said:

“Whoever says in the morning and in the evening 100 times - SubHaanAllaahi wa bi-ḥamdihi (Glory is to Allah, and praise is to Him) – will not be surpassed on the Day of Resurrection by anyone having done better than this, except for someone who had recited it more.”

What to do: Say the above du`a 100 times during the morning and evening.

When to do it: 100 times in the morning [Sabaah] (any time between the start of fajar and before sun-rise) and 100 times in the evening [Masaa'] (any time between the start of `asr time and before sun-set). However, if one forgets to do it in the above time, he can always do it after sunrise or sunset, but the former time is preferable.

Reward: No one will surpass him on the day of judgement having done better than this, except for the person who has said this du`aa more.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
All Eight Gates of Paradise

عَنْ عُمَرَ عَنِ النَّبِيِّ - صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ - قَالَ

مَا مِنْكُمْ مِنْ أَحَدٍ يَتَوَضَّأُ فَيُسْبِغُ الْوُضُوءَ، ثُمَّ يَقُولُ: أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لاَ إِلهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لاَ شَرِيكَ لَهُ، وَأَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا عَبْدُهُ وَرَسُولُهُ؛ إِلاَّ فُتِحَتْ لَهُ أَبْوَابُ الْجَنَّةِ الثَّمَانِيَةُ يَدْخُلُ مِنْ أَيِّهَا شَاءَ

رَوَاهُ وَمُسْلِمٌ

Imam Muslim narrated on the authority of `Umar: The Messenger of Allah :saw2: said, “If one of you performs ablution thoroughly, then recites (the following supplication):

أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لاَ إِلهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لاَ شَرِيكَ لَهُ، وَأَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا عَبْدُهُ وَرَسُولُهُ​
(‘I testify that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allāh, He is alone and has no partner, and I testify that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger’) – except that all the eight gates of Paradise will be opened for him, and he may enter through any gate he wishes.”

Transliteration: Ash-hadu an lā ilāha ill-Allāhu waḥdahu lā sharīka lahu, wa ash-hadu anna Muḥammadan `abduhu wa rasūluhu

What to do: Make the above du`a after performing wudoo'

When to do it: After performing wudoo'

Reward: All the eight gates of Jannah will be open for this person so that he may enter through any gate he wants!

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
His sins will be forgiven!
عن سعد بن أبي وقاص قال: قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم: من قال حين يسمع المؤذن أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وحده لا شريك له وأن محمدا عبده ورسوله رضيت بالله ربا وبمحمد رسولا وبالإسلام دينا غفر له ذنبه

رواه مسلم

Imam Muslim narrated on the authority of Sa`d b. Abi Waqqas who said, the Prophet (may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him) said,

“Whoever, when he hears the caller to prayer saying ‘I bear witness that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah, He is alone and has no partner and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and messenger’ , recites the following:

رَضِيتُ بِاللَّهِ رَبًّا ، وَبِمُحَمَّدٍ رَسُولًا ، وَبِالإِسْلَامِ دِينًا
(I am pleased with Allah as Lord, Muhammad as Prophet and Islam as religion’)- all his sins will be forgiven.”

Transliteration: Radeetu billahi rabban, wa bi-muhammadin rasoolan, wa bil-islami deenaa

What to do: According to shaykh al-Shinqiti, a person makes the following du`a:

وَأَنَا أَشْهَدُ رَضِيتُ بِاللَّهِ رَبًّا ، وَبِمُحَمَّدٍ رَسُولًا ، وَبِالإِسْلَامِ دِينًا

When to do it: According to shaykh al-Shinqiti, the person says the above du`a once he hears the mu'adhdhin completing (for 2nd time) the statement: "Ash-hadu anna Muhammadan Rasool Allah"

Reward: The person who says it, his sins will be forgiven.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

2500 Good Deeds/day and entrance into Jannah

`Abdullah bin `Amr reported that the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

There are two acts that no Muslim worshiper does consistently but that he will enter Jannah. And though they are easy, only few people perform them:
1. After each of the five prayers, say tasbih (SubhanAllah) ten times, tahmid (Alhamdulillah) ten times and takbir (Allahu Akbar) ten times. This makes one hundred and fifty (daily extollments) by tongue, and one thousand five hundred (good deeds) in the scale.
2. Upon going to bed, say takbir thirty four times, tahmid thirty three times, and tasbih thirty three times. This makes one hundred extollments by tongue and and one thousand good deeds in the scale.
So who among you would commit two thousand five hundred sins in one day (to counter that)?
The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم then added:
Satan comes to a person while he is ready to sleep, and makes him fall asleep before he finishes saying them; and he comes to him after the prayer and reminds him of something he needs to do instead of saying them.

Recorded by Abu Dawud, at Tirmithi and others. Verified to be authentic by al-Albani (Sahih ut Targhib wat-Tarhib)

What to do:

Say Sobhan Allah (10 or 33X), Alhumdulillah (10 or 33X) and Allahu Akbar (10 or 34X). Be consistent in this practice.

When to do:

After every prayer (10X each)
Before going to bed (33X, 33X and 34X each respectively).

Reward:

Have 2500 good deeds written for him.
Al Jannah, if done consistently.

Source

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
:salam:

Subhaanallaah. I guess I missed out on this. Jazaakillaahu khayran for bumping it.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Ask Allah for Jannah Seven Times a Day

Aboo Hurairah radhiyallaahu `anhu said: Allaah's Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم said: No Servant seeks protection from the Fire seven times in a day except that the Fire says O my Lord! Your servant so and so sought Your protection from me, so grant him protection; and no servant asks Allaah for Paradise seven time in a day except that Paradise says: O my Lord! Your servant so and so has asked for me, so enter him into Paradise.
`Arabic:
اللَّهُمَّ أجِرْنِي مِنَ النّارِ
Transliteration: "Allaah huma aajjernee minun naar"
Translation: O Allaah! Protect me from the Fire!

`Arabic:
اللَّهُمَّ إنِّي أسْألُكَ الْجَنَّةَ
Transliteration: Allah huma Inni As-Aluka Al Jannah
Translation: O Allaah! I ask You For Paradise!

What to do:
Recite the above.
When to do:
Anytime, seven times a day.
Reward:
Protection from Hell fire.
Al Jannah.

Declared Saheeh by Shaikh al Albaanee in the as Saheehah (no. 2506); and for the wording see: Tuhfatul-Ahwadhee (7/288).[/quote]

Source

zaman12345

Ibne-’Abbas Radiyallahu ‘anhuma narrates that
someone, amongst the companions of Nabi
Sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam, set up his tent over a
grave, without realizing that it was a grave.
Suddenly he heard the person of the grave
reciting Surah Mulk, upto to end of the Surah.
He came to Nabi Sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam and
said: O Rasulallah I set up my tent unknowingly
over a grave, and suddenly I heard someone
reciting Surah Mulk up to its end. Nabi Sallallahu
‘alaihi wasallam said: It is the defender; it is the
protector which safeguards him from the
Punishment in the grave.
(Tirmidhi)

WHAT TO DO: recite surah mulk

WHEN TO DO: every night

REWARD: It defends
whoever recites it, until it puts him into
paradise

Subhanallah.. it only takes 10 min to read and look at its reward.. May Allah give us all the ability to read this beautiful suraah, Aameen

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Reward:

Have 2500 good deeds written for him.
Al Jannah, if done consistently.

Source

Assalamu `alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh

The bit about the 2500 reward is not authentic and this is the view of sh. Sulayman (a muhaddith in Saudi)

However, doing Tasbih, Tahmid and Takbir (each 10 times) after the obligatory prayer is reported by al-Bukhari on the authority of Abu Hurayah, without any reward specified.

So is the narration about Takbir 34 times, Tahmid 33 times and Tasbih 33 times before sleeping was reported by al-Bukhari and Muslim on the authority of `Ali.

Wa `alaykum al-salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Any Muslim who hears of this hadeeth should not leave it

عن عبادة بن الصامت رضي الله عنه قال: قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم:« من تعار من الليل فقال: لا إله إلا الله وحده لاشريك له له الملك وله الحمد وهو على كل شيء قدير، الحمد لله وسبحان الله ولا إله إلا الله والله أكبر ولا حول ولا قوة إلا بالله ثم قال: اللهم اغفر لي أو دعا استجيب له فإن توضأ قبلت صلاته» رواه البخاري

'Ubadah b. Samit said:

The Messenger of Allah SallAllahu 'alayhi wa sallam said: Whoever wakes up in the night and says: La ilaaha illa Allah, wahdahu la sharika lah, lahu al-mulk wa lahu al-hamd wa Huwa 'ala kulli shay'in qadeer, wal hamdulillah, wa SubhanAllah, wa laa ilaaha illAllah wAllahu Akbar, wala hawla wala quwwata illa billah, then he says: O' Allah forgive me or makes du'aa, then his du'aa will be answered. And if he performs wudu' (to pray salah), his salah will be accepted.

Narrated by al-Bukhari

Ibn Battal said: Anyone who hears of this hadeeth should make the most of this action whilst purifying his intention solely for his Lord, the most High.

Ibn Hajar said: Any Muslim who hears of this Hadeeth should not leave it and should teach his family about this hadeeth and act upon it.

Sh. 'Abd al-' Aziz al-Rajihi said: This hadeeth shows the virtue of this dhikr. When a person wakes up, then this dhikr is a means for his forgiveness and for his du'aa to be answered. And it shows that one's wudu' and salah will be accepted.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalamu `alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh

The bit about the 2500 reward is not authentic and this is the view of sh. Sulayman (a muhaddith in Saudi)

However, doing Tasbih, Tahmid and Takbir (each 10 times) after the obligatory prayer is reported by al-Bukhari on the authority of Abu Hurayah, without any reward specified.

So is the narration about Takbir 34 times, Tahmid 33 times and Tasbih 33 times before sleeping was reported by al-Bukhari and Muslim on the authority of `Ali.

Wa `alaykum al-salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh
Wasalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

BaraakAllahu feek for the information. The post from which my post is taken said the following about the hadeeth:

Recorded by Abu Dawud, at Tirmithi and others. Verified to be authentic by al-Albani (Sahih ut Targhib wat-Tarhib)
Doesn't that mean Shaykh Albani verified the 2500 reward bit to be authentic too?