The Steed and the Weapon

NaXuS

The Steed and the Weapon…..

The occupation of animals is eating, sleeping, and fighting; therefore, if you are an animal, busy yourself in these things. Devils are busy in stirring up mischief, and in fraud and deceit; if you belong to them, do their work. Angels contemplate the beauty of God, and are entirely free from animal qualities; if you are of angelic nature, then seek your origin that you may know and contemplate the Most High, and be delivered from the slavery of lust and anger. You should also discover why you have been created with these two animal instincts: whether that they should subdue and lead you captive, or whether that you should subdue them, and, in your upward progress, make of one your steed and of the other your weapon.

009_china_podnebesnaya.jpg

From "The Alchemy Of Happiness" by Imam Ghazali.

Steve940

:salam2:

I don't quite understand the full meaning of that paragraph. I'm sure you have good intentions insha'allah, but it's a little bit confusing.

:jazaak: for your efforts

NaXuS

no problem brother....kindly read this paragraph if it still didnt make any sense then Inshallah i will explain it to you....

The Kingdom and Its Destruction

For the carrying on of this spiritual warfare by which the knowledge of oneself and of God is to be obtained, the body may be figured as a kingdom, the soul as its king, and the different senses and faculties as constituting an army. Reason may be called the vizier, or prime minister, passion the revenue-collector, and anger the police-officer. Under the guise of collecting revenue, passion is continually prone to plunder on its own account, while resentment is always inclined to harshness and extreme severity. Both of these, the revenue-collector and the police-officer, have to be kept in due subordination to the king, but not killed or expelled, as they have their own proper functions to fulfil. But if passion and resentment master reason, the ruin of the soul infallibly ensues.

tn.jpg

From "The Alchemy Of Happiness" by Imam Ghazali.........