The Story of Jazan

Status
Not open for further replies.

noor4ever

This is an interesting story, check it out. It really touched my heart.

Once Abdullah ibn Masud (ra) was passing by an area in the city of Qufa. There, a group of wrong doing people have gathered to have a party. They were engrossed in drinking wine. A singer called Jazan was entertaining them with songs. Jazan had a very beautiful voice. When Abdullah ibn Masud heard his voice while passing by, he said in amazement, "So beautiful is his voice. How wonderful it would be if he had used that voice to recite the Quran!" After saying this, Abdullah covered his head with a cloth and left that place. When Jazan noticed Abdullah ibn Masud leaving, he asked, "Who is that man and what was he saying?" The people in the gathering told him, "He is Abdullah ibn Masud, a companion of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). He said that your voice is very beautiful. How wonderful it would be if you had used your voice to recite the Quran!"

Jazan was struck by his comments. He threw away his musical instrument and ran to Abdullah ibn Masud. The two of them embraced each other and shed tears profusely. Abdullah ibn Masud said to him, "Why should I not love the one who loves Allah?" Thereafter, Jazan repented to Allah and stayed in the company of Abdullah ibn Masud to learn the Quran and other teachings of Islam. He learned to such an extent that he became one of the great scholars of his time.

abou haytam

This is an interesting story, check it out. It really touched my heart.

Once Abdullah ibn Masud (ra) was passing by an area in the city of Qufa. There, a group of wrong doing people have gathered to have a party. They were engrossed in drinking wine. A singer called Jazan was entertaining them with songs. Jazan had a very beautiful voice. When Abdullah ibn Masud heard his voice while passing by, he said in amazement, "So beautiful is his voice. How wonderful it would be if he had used that voice to recite the Quran!" After saying this, Abdullah covered his head with a cloth and left that place. When Jazan noticed Abdullah ibn Masud leaving, he asked, "Who is that man and what was he saying?" The people in the gathering told him, "He is Abdullah ibn Masud, a companion of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). He said that your voice is very beautiful. How wonderful it would be if you had used your voice to recite the Quran!"

Jazan was struck by his comments. He threw away his musical instrument and ran to Abdullah ibn Masud. The two of them embraced each other and shed tears profusely. Abdullah ibn Masud said to him, "Why should I not love the one who loves Allah?" Thereafter, Jazan repented to Allah and stayed in the company of Abdullah ibn Masud to learn the Quran and other teachings of Islam. He learned to such an extent that he became one of the great scholars of his time.

salam o alikom

jazak allah khayran, plz can you proovide the source of this story. jazak allah khayran

noor4ever

Source of the Jazan Story

Asalama alakum

This is a story from the book called Tanbeehul Ghafileen' by Imam As Samarqandi, sorry i didn't post the source

Abul Harith

Staff member
:salam2:

I would be wary of the narrations in any of the books of Abu Laith al Samarqandee.

Imam Shamsuddeen Dhahabi, a renowned scholar of hadeeth states in his book Siyyar 'Allam al Nubalaa (Vol 16 Page 323) writing about Abul Laith al Saamarqandee that "he dabbles in fabricated ahaadeeth" and further Imam Dhahabi in his book Thareekthul Islam (reference to period between A.H. 351-380, pg583) says "Thanbeeghul Ghafileen contains numerous fabricated ahaadeeth".

I am leaving this thread so people can see and take heed of taking from such books. Alhamdulilah there are plenty of ahadeeth and narrations by the scholars of the past that negate the need to resort to weak and fabricated narrations. So we should stick to these.

Wasalam alaikom.

This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.