The truth about the Muslim Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:

In the Name of Allâh, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful

The Muslim community in the US is busy with the vote and are debating who the Muslims should pick as their president. The argument presented is we are choosing between the lesser of the two evils. In reality it is more about being American and part of the system than it is about benefiting the ummah because the fact of the matter is there is no benefit in either candidate whatsoever.

Democracy in an un-Islamic system and we as Muslims should have nothing to do with it. Whether one looks at the root and history of democracy or at the reality of democracy today one can realize that it is a system that is not only different than the Islamic system but is opposed to it. Can’t you see that the West in its war against Islam is offering the democratic system as an alternative to Sharia? So if the West, which is the founder of democracy, sees democracy as an opposing system to Islam why are some Muslims still insisting on participating in it and adopting it as their political religion?

Democracy is a Western system that was founded and developed in the West and today the West, not the Muslims, have full authority and right to tell the world what democracy is and how it should be practiced and implemented. We have our own system of government and likewise it is the Muslims who are going to define it and will not allow non Muslims to meddle with our religion and teach us what is right from wrong.

Muslims should seek to avoid any forms of participation in Western democracy.

The promoters of participation in American elections argue that we are choosing the least of the two evils. This principle is correct but what they are missing is that in the process of choosing the lesser of the two evils they are committing an even greater evil . The breaking down of the psychological barrier that should exist between Muslims and non-Muslims, the erosion of the aqeedah of wala and bara (loyalty to Allah and disavowal of the enemies of Allah,) and the risk of loosing one’s religion are evils that outweigh any benefit that may come out of such participation.

Also the types of candidates that American politics has been spitting out is absolutely disgusting. I wonder how any Muslim with a grain of iman in his heart could walk up to a ballot box and cast his vote in endorsement of creatures such as Mcain or Obama?! How can a Muslim sleep with a clear conscience after he has chosen the likes of G.W. Bush? No matter how irrelevant your vote is, on the Day of Judgment you will be called to answer for it. You, under no coercion or duress, consciously chose to vote for the leader of a nation that is leading the war against Islam.

There is also a strange belief among some that if we participate in the elections of the disbelievers we will bring good to ourselves, while if we have trust in Allah and avoid the disbelievers, as He wants from us, we will be missing out on some good and would draw harm to ourselves. They are so weak they believe we can only survive in today’s word if we seek support from the enemies of Allah. But for the believers Allah is sufficient for them and they do not need to seek assistance from the leaders or the governments of the disbelievers.

There is no benefit for the ummah in voting for the new American Pharoah

AleahKoto

Allah will decide
Ah yes but......

You can change things with democracy if you get involved. To not speak out is not to have a voice. use democracy to your benefit. if not, then don't complain, cos you haven't tried to do anything.

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

I am not clear how democracy is unIslamic. One can practice shariah law and still practice democracy. Democracy is about electing your leader and trusting that that particular leader will implement the laws of the land. I see much more room for corruption when it comes to leadership through inheritance, such as a kingship or aristocratic nature. The person simply has to be born into power to be a leader and there is no real incentive to do right by their subjects. Furthermore if the king/sultan/wahthaveyou does not serve the people but rather their own selfish whims, there is no way to oppose him. Whereas in democracy the person can be impeached or simply voted out next election.

Democracy int he West is imperfect and ever evolving. There will always be flaws in the system and the solution is to constantly attempt to rectify those flaws. We no longer have a kalifh and I honestly wonder if there is a human left on this planet who is worthy of that appointment. Mohammed (pbuh) was the last messenger and we will never again have a leader equal to his skills. So we ust do with what we have and democracy ensures we will place a person with limited time and power to enforce the laws of the land, whether they be shariah or the laws of a non-Muslim country.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

ousama34

5 X SALAH = JANAT
salam

if we lead our lives accordin to the shariah nd ways shown by the HOLY PROPHET (S.A.W) and be good with our relation with ALLAH the ALMIGHTY HE will put just ruler on muslim but if we do othawise doesnt matter how many tactics we aplly in name of democracy nd stuff , things will never go in our way and it is proven by the hadith, democracy says do wht majority of public agree on . what if 51% of public has one opinion nd 49% have anotha abt some matter thn democracy will do unjustice to 49 % of population ISLAM brings justice and peace in ISLAM we have AMEER like hazrat UMAR (R.A)
so i dnt knw i m not very knowledgable person it was just my opinion but i wud say if i correct my deeds and my relation with ALLAH thn i will ve a juse and peaceful ruler in my state same goes with every otha person

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
salam alaykum

this is a matter in which we should refer back to the scholars of ahlul sunnah, we should not use our intellect and logic rather refer back to what the quran and sunnah says.

Elections are an Innovation, states Shaykh Ubaid.Filed under: General and Methodology and Innovations and Contemporary Issues at 6:28 am
ELECTIONS ARE A BID’AH, STATES SHAIKH UBAID

Below is very current, relevant and important question put to Shaikh Ubaid Al-Jaabiree. An elder and senior Scholar from the Scholars of Saudi Arabia.

Question: “Is it permissible for the Muslims in the lands of disbelief to enter into elections and request from the Muslims to support them in this from the aspect [of being] from the lesser of the two evils or to repel the greater evil?”

Answer: I say: Elections are not from the Sunnah (the way of the Prophet) that is known by the Muslims and that which the Salaf traversed upon from the time of the Companions and the Imaams of the Tabi’een, and those who came after them. But rather it is a newly invented matter in Islam, so it is a Bid’ah (innovation), and if it is a Bid’ah (innovation) then it is Muharram (impermissible).But if the Muslims in the West or other than it are compelled to enter into elections then there are a number of circumstances [to be present]. From them: That they will not receive any of their rights that are legislated in their country except by way of a representative to speak on their behalf. So if they are forced to do this and they have no choice, they either elect a man who is Muslim or lose their rights and have no one to hear their concerns. In this situation they elect a righteous man who is wise that will benefit the Muslims and look after their rights**.

But if the Muslims were patient upon the hardships and loss of their rights in the way of abandoning this innovated matter it is better for them and more desirable. And Allah knows best.

Translated by: Abul-Hasan Maalik Al-Akhdar (Philidelphia, USA).

————————-

** [Translator:] It should be noted here that the Muslims in the U.S. and U.K receive the same rights as other non-Muslim citizens. They build mosques, schools, and open centers of propagation without hindrance or opposition. Muslims openly call to Islam in publications, radio broadcasts, the internet, and in public forums whether on university campuses or in correctional facilities, in fact Islam is still the fastest growing religion in the West.
Muslim women can be seen on the streets of many cities in full hijab and Muslim men in Islamic garb and full beards, all of this with no obstruction from the authorities. All of these rights are afforded them without need of entering elections or voting.

http://www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmessages.cfm?forum=9&topic=5880

The Messenger of Allaah, may the peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him, stated:

“Indeed every newly invented matter [in Religion] is an innovation (bid’ah), and EVERY innovation is misguidance, and every misguidance in the Fire.”

and, he stated:

“Whoever innovates into this affair of ours [i.e. Islaam], that which is not from it, will have it rejected.”

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: question from the ignorant :) if a leader of an islamic state following shariah law is to be elected/come to the position of leadership, what is the process if it is not through the majority rule of the people of the country, idealistically speaking? thanks for any clarification.
:wasalam:

AleahKoto

Allah will decide
Innovation, Innovation, Innovation

You say “Indeed every newly invented matter [in Religion] is an innovation (bid’ah), and EVERY innovation is misguidance, and every misguidance in the Fire.”

It is talking about religion...........invented in the matter of Religion.
So, with the thinking of the Shaykh and acting along his lines of what his fatwa (opinion) is, (Or how you are perceiving it.)"Don't drive a car, it is innovation, don't use electricity, it is innovation."

Good grief brothers and sisters, if you don't speak up, you will be put down! If voting is the voice you need to be heard, then use it. By the way, guns are innovation.....and bombs are innovation.....and I don't see anyone talking out against them-it always seems to be the choice of being heard!

You can still be a true Muslim and follow the straight path by doing what you think is the best for the Ummah. and if voting someone in, or standing up for someone is best for the Ummah, then by all means, why don't you do that?

Why can't you be heard? Why can't you make a change? Suppose Allah (swt) wants you to do something and you don't do it? How in the world will you make a change, if you don't get involved to make it?

I hear all the problems about Palestine, and I hear, "Oh, we can't do anything, it is Allahs will." I guess Muhammed should have had that opinion at the Battle of Badr.....outnumbered, so don't do anything, we will lose.....is that how the Muslim world thinks?

NO, we are to make change, and use what means we have at our disposal to do so-peacefully. We can be heard, we can make a difference. Our religion is to be in all aspects of life, even politics.

Allah feeds the birds, but the birds have to gather the seed....if they don't, they die, so if they die, is that Allahs will? Think brothers and sisters, Allah gives things to your disposal to use, and the outcome is His, but the work is yours.

TIE UP YOUR CAMEL and leave the rest to Allah, he will either honor your work, or he won't. That simple. YOU HAVE TO TRY......

I hear so many Muslim brothers and sisters, not want to do anything about their plight, why? If that thinking prevailed in the days of the prophet, Islam would have been doomed before it even started. I think too many have become complacent. I can just hear Allah (swt) at the judgment...."You had a chance to do something, but you didn't, How come?"

Imagine if the US had more Muslims in congress and senate? This can happen, but not if we sit idly by......and the outcome is Allah's (swt). The way to get them into positions that can help all humanity is to VOTE them in, that is the only way in this day and age.

I am sorry if this steps on some toes, but if you don't walk across the street, you won't get there.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

The Reality of al-Albaanee's Position on Voting

Shaykh Muhammad Naasiruddeen al-Albaanee

Reference: Silsilatul Hudaa wan-Noor (Series of Guidance and Light), Tape #284 starting at approx 54mins. and continuing on tape #285

Category: Contemporary Issues

Questioner:
Some students of knowledge issued a verdict permitting voting for the best of the available Christian candidates based on the premise that this is from choosing the lesser of two evils. Is this permissible?

In addition, isn’t this considered to be increasing their numbers which may in turn have a negative effect on the public's opinion of Muslims?

Shaykh: I have been asked this question on more than one occasion, and I believe that it is incomplete. So if you want to complete this unfinished question by bringing further clarity [then do so]...

Questioner: What is the permissibility of voting for the best available candidate, particularly if they are Christian?

Shaykh: This question is incomplete just as it was when presented by other than you. I will now say what I think is intended by the question.

In the event that there are a number of Christian candidates who are imposed upon the Muslims, meaning that one of them has to be elected whether the Muslims like it or not, the previously mentioned principal is applied: namely, choosing the lesser of two evils. For example, there are four Christian candidates in a certain country and it is inevitable that one of them will be the winner (elected).

Hypothetically speaking, if it were only the Muslims voting [for these candidates] and no one else - not even one other person is voting - such that if the Muslims refrained from voting they wouldn't be elected, then it is not permissible to vote for them.

Is it clear up to here?

Questioner: Yes

Shaykh: However, if the situation is contrary to this, and this is what I think the question is referring to, then one of them must be selected due to the electoral process established today. It is upon you to know that this system is not Islamic in any way whatsoever...[The Shaykh then begins to explain some of the ills of democracy and the harm of giving power to someone who requests it, in contrast to the beauty of the Islamic shooraa]

Discussing these issues is lengthy. However, the point is that it has been imposed upon the Muslims living in that particular country to choose a candidate just as it is imposed upon them that some of the elected politicians be Christian. Why? Because there are Christian citizens. The government takes into account the percentage of Christian citizens in the country and makes calculations. They compare, for example, the ratio of Muslims to Christians. Do they consider the Jewish citizens in this process? I'm not sure. Based on these calculations they conclude that the country should have, for instance, two Christian politicians.

If the Muslims do not choose between them, then their own people will choose. In either case, one of them is going to be elected. But as we said earlier there may be four or five candidates. The Muslims in that country must consider it like this: The first candidate is a Baathist and a non-Muslim, the second is a communist and a non-Muslim, the third is an atheist and a non-Muslim and so on. The last is a practicing Christian who does not harbor animosity towards the Muslims. If there is no way around the fact that one or two of them are going to be elected, then what should the Muslims do? Should they say, "We are not going to get involved? They are Christians. Let them fight each other." No, this is not the case, because two of these candidates will be elected regardless.

So O Muslims, O you who have sense, is this principle to be applied in this scenario or not? I say yes, because the Muslims in this case are between two evils. Similarly, this is the case if the candidates were Muslims, since amongst the Muslims are Communists, Baathists and so on. Okay, do we just sit back and watch or should we choose the one whose harm is less???

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
You say “Indeed every newly invented matter [in Religion] is an innovation (bid’ah), and EVERY innovation is misguidance, and every misguidance in the Fire.”

It is talking about religion...........invented in the matter of Religion.
So, with the thinking of the Shaykh and acting along his lines of what his fatwa (opinion) is, (Or how you are perceiving it.)"Don't drive a car, it is innovation, don't use electricity, it is innovation."

Good grief brothers and sisters, if you don't speak up, you will be put down! If voting is the voice you need to be heard, then use it. By the way, guns are innovation.....and bombs are innovation.....and I don't see anyone talking out against them-it always seems to be the choice of being heard!

You can still be a true Muslim and follow the straight path by doing what you think is the best for the Ummah. and if voting someone in, or standing up for someone is best for the Ummah, then by all means, why don't you do that?

Why can't you be heard? Why can't you make a change? Suppose Allah (swt) wants you to do something and you don't do it? How in the world will you make a change, if you don't get involved to make it?

I hear all the problems about Palestine, and I hear, "Oh, we can't do anything, it is Allahs will." I guess Muhammed should have had that opinion at the Battle of Badr.....outnumbered, so don't do anything, we will lose.....is that how the Muslim world thinks?

NO, we are to make change, and use what means we have at our disposal to do so-peacefully. We can be heard, we can make a difference. Our religion is to be in all aspects of life, even politics.

Allah feeds the birds, but the birds have to gather the seed....if they don't, they die, so if they die, is that Allahs will? Think brothers and sisters, Allah gives things to your disposal to use, and the outcome is His, but the work is yours.

TIE UP YOUR CAMEL and leave the rest to Allah, he will either honor your work, or he won't. That simple. YOU HAVE TO TRY......

I hear so many Muslim brothers and sisters, not want to do anything about their plight, why? If that thinking prevailed in the days of the prophet, Islam would have been doomed before it even started. I think too many have become complacent. I can just hear Allah (swt) at the judgment...."You had a chance to do something, but you didn't, How come?"

Imagine if the US had more Muslims in congress and senate? This can happen, but not if we sit idly by......and the outcome is Allah's (swt). The way to get them into positions that can help all humanity is to VOTE them in, that is the only way in this day and age.

I am sorry if this steps on some toes, but if you don't walk across the street, you won't get there.

As-salaamu `alaykum...

You have fallen short... The Shaykh is right with respect to democratic elections and religion, it is a religious innovation. Politics in Islaam is heavily tied with the shari`ah. All religions other than Islaam have seperated law and religion, and from the beauty of Islaam is that it sows them together. So while it is true that the prohibited innovation is in reference to innovations in Islaam, you're wrong by assuming that the likes of these elections are free from the religion. The concept of electing for whatever purpose needed is not a problem in of itself, but the whole democratic governance system, for a surety is.

Anyway, I left this thread initially as it made a point of benefit. However, and I've said this before on these forums, people need to learn about Islaamic politics. I think it is disgraceful that Muslims are so willingly ready to follow up the Presidential race, read about it, dedicate hours to watching campagin conferences, yet they totally neglect (prior or even along with this) studying Islamic legislated politics. If they did, then maybe people will see where the line is to be drawn with these issues, and how to deal with them...

The above advice is directed to us all, me included.

Was-salaam

Status
Not open for further replies.