The virtue of supplicating during & before breaking the fast

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

1) Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Three prayers are not rejected: the prayer of a father, the prayer of a fasting person, and the prayer of a traveler.” Narrated by al-Bayhaqi, 3/345; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Saheeh 1797.

2) Abu Umaamah narrated in a marfoo’ report: “Every time the fast is broken Allaah has people whom He ransoms.” Narrated by Ahmad, 21698; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1/491.

3) Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri narrated in a marfoo’ report: “Allaah ransoms people every day and night – i.e., in Ramadaan – and every day and night the Muslim has a prayer that is answered.” Narrated by al-Bazzaar; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1/491.

4) Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: We said: O Messenger of Allaah, when we see you our hearts are softened and we are people of the Hereafter, but when we leave you we are attracted by this world and by our womenfolk and children. He said: “If you were always as you are when you are with me, the angels would shake hands with you and they would visit you in your houses. If you did not commit sin, Allaah would bring another people who would commit sin so that He could forgive them.” He said: We said: O Messenger of Allaah, tell us about Paradise, what is it built of? He said: “Bricks of gold and bricks of silver; its mortar is musk, its pebbles are pearls and rubies, its soil is saffron. Whoever enters it will be happy and will never be miserable, he will abide therein forever and never die. His clothes will never wear out and his youth will never fade. There are three whose du’aa’ will not be rejected: a just ruler, a fasting person until he breaks the fast, and the prayer of one who has been wronged. It is borne on the clouds and the gates of heaven are opened for it, and the Lord, may He be glorified and exalted, says: ‘By My glory, I will grant you help even if it is after some time.’”

This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by Shu’ayb al-Arna’oot in Tahqeeq al-Musnad.

References :- http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/39462
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/101582

Please remember all your brothers and sisters on TTI in your supplications. Jazakum Allahu Khayran

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Abu Talib

Feeling low
:salam2:

1) Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Three prayers are not rejected: the prayer of a father, the prayer of a fasting person, and the prayer of a traveler.” Narrated by al-Bayhaqi, 3/345; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Saheeh 1797.

2) Abu Umaamah narrated in a marfoo’ report: “Every time the fast is broken Allaah has people whom He ransoms.” Narrated by Ahmad, 21698; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1/491.

3) Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri narrated in a marfoo’ report: “Allaah ransoms people every day and night – i.e., in Ramadaan – and every day and night the Muslim has a prayer that is answered.” Narrated by al-Bazzaar; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1/491.

4) Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: We said: O Messenger of Allaah, when we see you our hearts are softened and we are people of the Hereafter, but when we leave you we are attracted by this world and by our womenfolk and children. He said: “If you were always as you are when you are with me, the angels would shake hands with you and they would visit you in your houses. If you did not commit sin, Allaah would bring another people who would commit sin so that He could forgive them.” He said: We said: O Messenger of Allaah, tell us about Paradise, what is it built of? He said: “Bricks of gold and bricks of silver; its mortar is musk, its pebbles are pearls and rubies, its soil is saffron. Whoever enters it will be happy and will never be miserable, he will abide therein forever and never die. His clothes will never wear out and his youth will never fade. There are three whose du’aa’ will not be rejected: a just ruler, a fasting person until he breaks the fast, and the prayer of one who has been wronged. It is borne on the clouds and the gates of heaven are opened for it, and the Lord, may He be glorified and exalted, says: ‘By My glory, I will grant you help even if it is after some time.’”

This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by Shu’ayb al-Arna’oot in Tahqeeq al-Musnad.

References :- http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/39462
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/101582

Please remember all your brothers and sisters on TTI in your supplications. Jazakum Allahu Khayran

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

JazakAllah Khair
May Allaah reward you for this.