The writing of Allah and Muhammad (pbuh) together on walls

Ibn_hassan

Servant of Allah
Question: We often see on walls, books or newspapers the word, 'Allah' and the word, 'Muhammad' next to it. Is the arrangement of these words in such a manner correct?

Answer by Shaikh Muhammad ibn Salih al-Uthaimeen (rahimahullah), 'The arrangement of these words is not correct because this makes the Messenger (sallallahu alihe wa-sallam) an equal to Allah. If someone were to see this writing and he does not know their (i.e., Allah, the Exalted and Muhammad sallallahu alihe wa-sallam) difference, he will certainly assume that they are both equal and alike. Therefore, the word, 'Muhammad' should be erased.

So now remains the word, 'Allah' alone, and it is a word frequently used by the Sufis instead of Dhikr (i.e., remembering Allah through glorification and praise). They (merely) say, 'Allah, Allah, Allah' So, even this word should be erased and one should neither write the word, 'Allah' nor the word, 'Muhammad' on walls or anything else.

Sister S

:salam2:

Brother osmanelmais there is no need for you to be so harsh.
You could have said it in a much politer way.

Ibn_hassan

Servant of Allah
there is another thread about it bro i seen it b4 in the forum but cant remember the title. It is actually in one of series of important topics collected by brother mabsoot.

Almeftah

if you simply think about it, Prophet Mohammed(pbup) - The teacher of all good manners - would never want his name to be upove the name of "Allah" or even at the same level, for he is Allah the Almighty the creator of Mohammed(pbuh) and all creatures, in consideration of the greatness of "Allah".

Ibn_hassan

Servant of Allah
thnx bomeshary u r absolutely right. BTW is your name a common name by kuwaitis or all the khaleej people.