This is ignorance

Storm

SiStEr
I thought we could all write about something that we believe is ignorance.

Here's mine:
At the present time we are only Muslims by name; we are not practising our religion any more. In fact, we have made religious people outcasts. If truth be told there should be no such thing as ‘religious’. For example, when you believe in a particular faith you have to follow it no matter what. But now, we are coming up with all sorts of excuses, for say, not wearing hijab or gambling, etc. It’s because we have submerged into a western culture to show the world that we too can be modern. What, by abandoning your religion?! In the end, they have gained something out of this, by shifting you from the true path whereas you have lost it all. This is ignorance.

Now its your turn

Salaam,

Ignorance is the seed of oppression. Many Islamophobics oppress themselves by being in a state of ignorance thus not seeking knowledge, information, and attaining truth.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
ignorance huh, ok

ignorance huh, ok

when a muslim person makes a journey to wetern country day by day they start to change their religion and their culture. girls take of their hijab off and boys put their pants down all the way to thier hips. no body need to see his underwear and no body needs to see how big her booty is. and they disrespect muslimah that wear hijab. they been disrespectful more than the non-muslim dude is been. they have betrayed their religion. they think it is freedom. becoz they R Jahil. if u ask them what happened to them they reply " this is the west". they have truly lost the freedom that Allah gave them.

i think this is million percent ignorance.
may Allah make us better muslims ameen:tti_sister:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I like the comments. I think we need to stop blaming the western culture. It is more important to remember who we are. Thus, we are living in ignorance by forgetting how we are; what is our singular obligation in life. We so easily forget all we need to know is There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is His Prophet. Once we know that we live in light and there is no blame.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
we r not blaming the western...

asalamu alaykum,

nobody is really blaming the western we r blaming those forget their religion when came they to western countries.what they say is this the west and we R free coz they really think islam is no freedom. however in some middle east countries they force people to do something becoz they them sleves R jahil. they judge the religion the actions of the people they don`t judge the religion it self. if i know what islam truly is i should not care about how somebody is following islam.

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:salam2:

ignorance....

fearing anyone besides Allah, counting on anyone besides Allah (first), trying to please anyone besides Allah (first), thinking risque/provider comes from anyone besides Allah, Loving someone more than Allah, not getting and applying Islamic knowledge is the cause of these ignorance....

May Allah protect us and increase our knowledge :salah:

Abu al-‘Abbas ‘Abdullah bin ‘Abbas, radiyallahu anhuma, reported: One day I was behind the Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, and he said to me:

"O young man, I shall teach you some words [of advice] : Be mindful of Allah, and Allah will protect you. Be mindful of Allah, and you will find Him in front of you. If you (have need to) ask, ask of Allah; and if you seek help, seek help from Allah. Know that even if the Nation (or the whole community) were to gather together to benefit you with something, they would not benefit you with anything except that which Allah has already recorded for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with something, they would not be able to harm you with anything except that which Allah has already recorded against you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried."

Rustandi

الفقير الى الله
as for me, i think the most dangerous ignorance is bid'ah(innovations in religion) the cause of the disunity in islam itself, and because its harder to do da'wah to mubtadi'(bid'ah practicer) than ahlul ma'shia because they think that what their doing is right.

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Assalamu Alaykum,

Ignorance

What i find ignorance is how we Muslim blame everything on Kufars who don't even believe in the God that created them. For God sake they want against their own create the Almight. The western this, the western that... It is time we start taking responsible for ourselves. It is time to look at our actions and judge ourselves not the kufars and surly not our fellow Muslims. I am tried of hearing about the Kufars are turning as into this and that. Or this Muslim country is this or that. We need to wake up and start asking ourselves as individuals what can i do to help myself in the hereafter as well as our fellow Muslims in this world.

How we don't reach out to each other. How we young generation lack education of their own religion. Simply because we get the fact we are born Muslim as grant. It is time we educated our youth by first correct ourselves as Muslims.

Zainudin Jaffar

Strive to be Mukmin
Salaam,

I like the comments. I think we need to stop blaming the western culture. It is more important to remember who we are. Thus, we are living in ignorance by forgetting how we are; what is our singular obligation in life. We so easily forget all we need to know is There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is His Prophet. Once we know that we live in light and there is no blame.

Truth be told! I like your comment too, straight to the point!

wassalam

Ignorance for me is that we are always ready to judge others, but overlook our own mistakes and faults. Or the fact that we are always looking for faults in people instead of seeing the good in them.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

Ignorance....

When you say you are muslim and say you believe in Allah, his book and the Prophet (SAWS) and then turn around and disagree with what Allah says or delievered to us through the Prophet (SAWS). This is plain ignorance either you believe or you dont! You are muslim or your not. Its a difference between not knowing and trying to understand and seek the knowledge verses you just have your bright ideas why it can not be that way and question everything after given the proof.:angryred: How ignorant is that?

Salam Amirah80
:blackhijab:

Mairo

Maryama
Assalamu aleikum,

Ignorance at its base is a lack of knowledge. As defined in Webster's Dictionary:
Ignorance = : the state or fact of being ignorant : lack of knowledge, education, or awareness

Being in a state of ignorance is like being in the dark. It is only with the light of knowledge that a person can emerge. That is part of the reason why being in a state of continual learning and seeking of knowledge is so highly emphasized in Islam. And it is Allah alone who bestows whomsoever he wishes with knowledge, understanding, and right guidance.

Sometimes a person may find themselves in a state of ignorance through no real fault of their own. But if Allah brings the illumination of knowledge to us we must repent and be willing to change out of that previous state of ignorance in order to reap the benefits.

Umamah(ra) related that Rasulullah(saw) said, "Read the Quran, for it will come in the Day of Qiyamah as a torch to those that had read and followed it's teachings."

In the Qu'ran we find the following:
[16.119] Yet surely your Lord, with respect to those who do an evil in ignorance, then turn after that and make amends, most surely your Lord after that is Forgiving, Merciful.
[6.54] And when those who believe in Our communications come to you, say: Peace be on you, your Lord has ordained mercy on Himself, (so) that if any one of you does evil in ignorance, then turns after that and acts aright, then He is Forgiving, Merciful.
[48.26] When those who disbelieved harbored in their hearts (feelings of) disdain, the disdain of (the days of) ignorance, but Allah sent down His tranquillity on His Apostle and on the believers, and made them keep the word of guarding (against evil), and they were entitled to it and worthy of it; and Allah is Cognizant of all things.

And to those who have been entrusted with knowledge, an additional requirement ensues: you become obligated to not only act on the knowledge yourself, but you must also become dedicated to teaching others what you have learned.
Rasulullah(saw) said , "The best of charity is a Muslim who learns a knowledge and later teaches it to his Muslim brother."

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Allah makes the way to Jannah easy for him who treads the path in search of knowledge .''
[Muslim].

Abu Musa (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The guidance and knowledge with which Allah has sent me are like abundant rain which fell on a land. A fertile part of it absorbed the water and brought forth profuse herbage and pasture; and solid ground patches which retained the water by which Allah has benefited people, who drank from it, irrigated their crops and sowed their seeds; and another sandy plane which could neither retain the water nor produce herbage. Such is the similitude of the person who becomes well-versed in the religion of Allah and receives benefit from the Message entrusted to me by Allah, so he himself has learned and taught it to others; such is also the similitude of the person who has stubbornly and ignorantly rejected Allah's Guidance with which I have been sent .''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The world, with all that it contains, is accursed except for the remembrance of Allah that which pleases Allah; and the religious scholars and seekers of knowledge .''
[At-Tirmidhi].

Ibn Mas`ud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Envy is permitted only in two cases: A man whom Allah gives wealth, and he disposes of it rightfully, and a man to whom Allah gives knowledge which he applies and teaches it .''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

If we refuse to allow ourselves to be transformed by the introduction of truth, evidence and knowledge, the persisting in a state of ignorance is a terrible thing indeed. It is an arrogant, disobedience and constitutes disbelief. Consider the following:

[23.45] Then We sent Musa and his brother Haroun, with Our communications and a clear authority,
[23.46] To Firon and his chiefs, but they behaved haughtily and they were an insolent people.
[23.47] And they said: What! shall we believe in two mortals like ourselves while their people serve us?
[23.48] So they rejected them and became of those who were destroyed.
[23.49] And certainly We gave Musa the Book that they may follow a right direction.
[23.50] And We made the son of Marium and his mother a sign, and We gave them a shelter on a lofty ground having meadows and springs.
[23.51] O apostles! eat of the good things and do good; surely I know what you do.
[23.52] And surely this your religion is one religion and I am your Lord, therefore be careful (of your duty) to Me.
[23.53] But they cut off their religion among themselves into sects, each part rejoicing in that which is with them.
[23.54] Therefore leave them in their overwhelming ignorance till a [future] time
[23.55] Do they think that by what We aid them with of wealth and children,
[23.56] We are hastening to them of good things? Nay, they do not perceive.
[23.57] Surely they who from fear of their Lord are cautious,
[23.58] And those who believe in the communications of their Lord,
[23.59] And those who do not associate (aught) with their Lord,
[23.60] And those who give what they give.(in alms) while their hearts are full of fear that to their Lord they must return,
[23.61] These hasten to good things and they are foremost in (attaining) them.
[23.62] And We do not lay on any soul a burden except to the extent of its ability, and with Us is a book which speaks the truth, and they shall not be dealt with unjustly.
[23.63] Nay, their hearts are in overwhelming ignorance with respect to it and they have besides this other deeds which they do.
[23.64] Until when We overtake those who lead easy lives among them with punishment, lo! they cry for succor.
[23.65] Cry not for succor this day; surely you shall not be given help from Us.
[23.66] My communications were indeed recited to you, but you used to turn back on your heels,
[23.67] In arrogance; talking nonsense about the Quran, and left him like one telling fables by night.
[23.68] Is it then that they do not ponder over what is said, or is it that there has come to them that which did not come to their fathers of old?
[23.69] Or is it that they have not recognized their Apostle, so that they deny him?
[23.70] Or do they say: There is madness in him? Nay! he has brought them the truth, and most of them are averse from the truth.
[23.71] And should the truth follow their low desires, surely the heavens and the earth and all those who are therein would have perished. Nay! We have brought to them their reminder, but from their reminder they turn aside.
[23.72] Or is it that you ask them a recompense? But the recompense of your Lord is best, and He is the best of those who provide sustenance.
[23.73] And most surely you invite them to a right way.
[23.74] And most surely those who do not believe in the hereafter are deviating from the way.
[23.75] And if We show mercy to them and remove the distress they have, they would persist in their inordinacy, blindly wandering on.
[23.76] And already We overtook them with chastisement, but they were not submissive to their Lord, nor do they humble themselves.
[23.77] Until when We open upon them a door of severe chastisement, lo! they are in despair at it.

May Allah guide us in all truth, guide us to be among his most rightous servants, always increasing in knowledge and good practice of this beautiful religion of Islam he has blessed us with.

Wasalaam

Mairo

Maryama
Assalamu aleikum

Some appropriate responses and guidance for interactions with the ignorant:

28.52] (As to) those whom We gave the Book before it, they are believers in it.
[28.53] And when it is recited to them they say: We believe in it surely it is the truth from our Lord; surely we were submitters before this.
[28.54] These shall be granted their reward twice, because they are steadfast and they repel evil with good and spend out of what We have given them.[28.55] And when they hear idle talk they turn aside from it and say: We shall have our deeds and you shall have your deeds; peace be on you, we do not desire the ignorant.
[28.56] Surely you cannot guide whom you love, but Allah guides whom He pleases, and He knows best the followers of the right way.

[16.125] Call to the way of your Lord with wisdom and goodly exhortation, and have disputations with them in the best manner; surely your Lord best knows those who go astray from His path, and He knows best those who follow the right way.

[7.198] And if you invite them to guidance, they do not hear; and you see them looking towards you, yet they do not see.
[7.199] Take to forgiveness and enjoin good and turn aside from the ignorant.[7.200] And if a false imputation from the Shaitan afflict you, seek refuge in Allah; surely He is Hearing, Knowing.

[2.67] And when Musa said to his people: Surely Allah commands you that you should sacrifice a cow; they said: Do you ridicule us? He said: I seek the protection of Allah from being one of the ignorant.

[25.63] And the servants of the Beneficent God are they who walk on the earth in humbleness, and when the ignorant address them, they say: Peace.

"You do not do evil to those who do evil to you, but you deal with them with forgiveness and kindness." (Sahih Al-Bukhari)

Wasalaam

Mairo

Maryama
And another dua from our prophet we can emulate:

(Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol. 8 Hadith # 407): Narrated by Abu Musa:
“The prophet used to call upon Allah saying: ‘Oh my Lord forgive my sins and my ignorance and my exceeding the limits, boundaries of righteousness in my deeds and what you know better then I. Oh Allah forgive my mistakes, those done intentionally or out of my ignorance, or without, or with seriousness, and I confess that all such mistakes are done by me. Oh Allah, forgive my sins of the past and the future, which I did openly or secretly. You are the one that makes things go before. And you are the one who delays them. And you are the only omnipotent.’ ”

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
Ignorance = : the state or fact of being ignorant : lack of knowledge, education, or awareness

Ibn Mas`ud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Envy is permitted only in two cases: A man whom Allah gives wealth, and he disposes of it rightfully, and a man to whom Allah gives knowledge which he applies and teaches it .''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

If we refuse to allow ourselves to be transformed by the introduction of truth, evidence and knowledge, the persisting in a state of ignorance is a terrible thing indeed. It is an arrogant, disobedience and constitutes disbelief.

+1
Ignorance..
Following anything blindly without having the knowledge of it..

:wasalam:

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer

Very nice post by Sister Mairo. =]

Ignorance to me:

Majority of the Muslims abandoning our deen.
We love the Rasul, yet we do not study his seerah.
We recite the Quran, but we fail to implement its teachings and contemplate upon the ayats.
When we have such a void in knowledge, then unavoidably we will be consumed by ignorance.

Ignorance for me is the lack of knowledge we have concerning our deen, Rasulallah (SWA), quran, the Sahabas. If we do not look back to our history take the prophets, rasul, the Sahabas, and study their character and actions, then
how can we as Muslims love them?

It is not question of love only. By studying Quran and contemplating on its verses, by studying the Seerah and taking the prophet and the Sahabas as example
we will be able to tap into a vast well of knowledge which will ultimately lead us to free ourselves from ignorance.
Our love for Allah SWT will be firm, love for Rasulallah will be stronger, and our imaan will be steadfast.

“Race one with another in hastening towards Forgiveness from your Lord,

and towards Paradise, the width whereof is as the width of heaven and earth,

prepared for those who believe in Allaah and His Messengers.

That is the Grace of Allaah which He bestows on whom He pleases.

And Allaah is the Owner of Great Bounty.”

(Al-Hadeed 57:21)

So let us remember Allah, and compete with each toward Jannah. Prepare ourselves to meet our lord on the most important day of ours lives, the day of Al Qiyamah
:wasalam:

Shoaib

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Thank you and jazak Allah khair brother Storm.. Ignorance indeed is a plague.

One type of ignorance i'v witnessed, when a muslim man said: " I realy have great respect to Oprah, She's a great person, She helped millions of people..etc.", then he said:" She may go to heaven for all the good she's done to others."

This is just one of millions of other muslims who know nothing about the basics of Islam, How can one dare to call himself a muslim when he/she knows nothing or maybe just a little about Islam.. As a muslim i would seek all the knowledge i can get about my own religion to be able to berform it the right way to saticfy my creator who blessed me with this great religion.

Many muslims would say:" I dont have to learn everything about Islam ", Not realising that what they already know about Islam is just not enough. And that knowing that Allah and only Allah is our god isn't the same as believing it.

Islam and faith are a whole, you cant be a muslim without faith and you cant have faith without practicing Islam. No faith means no practicing, Little faith means little practicing, And as your faith grows stronger, You'll practic Islam better and better.

So if you want to be a true muslim, learn more about islam and try to increase your faith by knowing more and more.. But be careful, Learning from bad persons gives you nothing but bad information, and bad information decreases your faith.

My concept in learning is " Knowledge is strength, And it is how you deal with that can bring you full true happiness or fake distroying joys ".

khoirotun Hisan

thank you Allah

"ignorance....

fearing anyone besides Allah, counting on anyone besides Allah (first), trying to please anyone besides Allah (first), thinking risque/provider comes from anyone besides Allah, Loving someone more than Allah, not getting and applying Islamic knowledge is the cause of these ignorance.... "

this is also what I consider as ignorance, especially fearing anyone besides Allah, will be weakening our iman/faith.

Jazakallah this is also a reminder for me,
KH