Thought Provoking Quotes

ajazz

“All humans are dead except those who have knowledge ... And all those who have knowledge are asleep, except those who do good deeds ... And those who do good are deceived, except those who are sincere ... And those who are sincere are always in a state of worry” (Imam Shafi’)

ajazz

The sincere person is the one who hides his good deeds just like he hides his evil deeds." (by Yaqub al-Makfoof)

ajazz

- Why knowledge is better than wealth -
Once ten wise men came to Hadhrat Ali(RA) and posed this question: 'Why is knowledge better than wealth?' Each of these men demanded a seperate answer in turn. Hadhrat Ali(RA) gave the following anwers:-

1. Knowledge is better than wealth because you guard wealth, whereas knowledge guards you.

2. Knowledge is better than wealth because the wealthy have enemies and the learned have many friends.

3. Knowledge is better than wealth because the former is a legacy of the Prophets, and the latter is a heritage of the Pharaohs.

4. Knowledge is better because it increases with distribution whereas wealth decreases.

5. Knowledge is better because a wealthy person generally becomes a miser.

6. Knowledge is better because unlike wealth, it cannot be stolen.

7. Knowledge is better because the wealthy person has to give an account of his wealth on the Day of Judgement.

8. Knowedge is better because it does not deteriorate on account of time, while wealth does.

9. Knowledge is better because the mind is illuminated by it, wheres welath tarnishes it.

10. Knowledge is better than wealth because the Pharaohs and the non-believers claimed divinity (God) on account of wealth.

'Whoever treads a way against the Sunnah of the Prophet(SAW) he will never reach his destination.' (Shaykh Saadi)

ajazz

- Blessings in Brotherhood -
Barra' (RA) related that Rasulillah (SAW) said, "There are no two Muslims who meet and shake each other's hand, except that their sins are forgiven before they part." (Collected by Abu Dawood)

Narrated by Abu Aiyub Al Ansari (RA): Allah's Apostle (SAW) said, "It is not lawful for a man to desert his brother Muslim for more than three nights. (It is unlawful for them that) when they meet, one of them turns his face away from the other, and the other turns his face from the former, and the better of the two will be the one who greets the other first."(Bukhari)

Narrated by Abu Huraira (RA): The Prophet (SAW) said, "Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the worst of false tales; and do not look for others' faults and do not spy, and do not be jealous of one another, and do not desert (cut your relation with) one another, and do not hate one another; and O Allah's worshipers! Be brothers (as Allah has ordered you!") (Bukhari)

ajazz

A man came home from work late, and as usual, tired and irritated, to find his 5 year old son waiting for him at the door.

"Daddy, may I ask you a question?"

"Yeah, sure. What is it?" replied the man.

"Daddy, how much money do you make an hour?"

"That's none of you business! What makes you ask such a thing?" the man said angrily.

"I just wanted to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?" pleaded the little boy.

"I am paid $20 an hour," responded the man, resentfully.

Looking up, the little boy said, "Daddy, may I borrow $9 please?"

The father was furious. "The only reason you wanted to know how much money I make is just so you can borrow some to buy a toy or some other nonsense. You march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you're being so selfish. I work long, hard hours everyday and don't have time for such childish games."

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door. The man sat down and got even madder about the little boy's questioning. After a time, the man calmed down. He started to think he might have been a little hard on his son. Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that $9. After all, he didn't ask for money very often.

The man went to his son's room and opened the door. "Are you asleep, son?" he asked.

"No Daddy. I'm awake," replied the boy.

"I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier," said the man. "I'm sorry I was so angry. What do you need that $9 for?"

The little boy sat up, beaming. He reached under his pillow, he pulled out some crumpled up bills. The man, seeing that the boy already had money, started to get angry again. The little boy slowly counted out his money, and then looked up at his Dad.

"Why did you want $9 if you already have money?" the father grumbled.

"Because I didn't have enough, but if you lend me $9, I will have enough to buy an hour of your time tonight," the little boy replied.

ajazz

- Three questions -
Many years ago, during the time of the Tabi'in (the generation of Muslims after the Sahabah), Baghdad was a great city of Islam. In fact, it was the capital of the Islamic Empire and, because of the great number of scholars who lived there, it was the center of Islamic knowledge. One day, the ruler of Rome at the time sent an envoy to Baghdad with three challenges for the Muslims. When the messenger reached the city, he informed the khalifaha that he had three questions which he challenged the Muslims to answer.

The khalifaha gathered together all the scholars of the city and the Roman messenger climbed upon a high platform and said, "I have come with three questions. If you answer them, then I will leave with you great amount of wealth which I have brought from the king of Rome." As for the questions, they were:

"What was there before Allah?"
"In which direction does Allah face?"
"What is Allah engaged in at this moment?"

The great assembly of people were silent. (Can you think of answers to these questions?) In the midst of these brilliant scholars and students of Islam was a man looking on with his young son. "O my dear father! I will answer him and silence him!" said the youth.

So the boy sought the permission of the khalifaha to give the answers and he was given the permission to do so. The Roman addressed the young Muslim and repeated his first question, "What was there before Allah?" The boy asked, "Do you know how to count?" "Yes," said the man. "Then count down from ten!" So the Roman counted down, "ten, nine, eight, ..." until he reached "one" and he stopped counting "But what comes before 'one'?" asked the boy. "There is nothing before one- that is it!" said the man. "Well then, if there obviously is nothing before the arithmetic 'one', then how do you expect that there should be anything before the 'One' who is Absolute truth, All-Eternal, Everlasting the First, the Last, the Manifest, the Hidden?"

Now the man was surprised by this direct answer which he could not dispute. So he asked, "Then tell me, in which direction is Allah facing?" "Bring a candle and light it," said the boy, "and tell me in which direction the flame is facing." "But the flame is just light- it spreads in each of the four directions, North, South, East and West. It does not face any one direction only," said the man in wonderment. The boy cried, "Then if this physical light spreads in all four directions such that you cannot tell me which way it faces, then what do you expect of the Nur-us-Samawati-wal-'Ard: Allah - the Light of the Heavens and the Earth!? Light upon Light, Allah faces all directions at all times."

The Roman was stupified and astounded that here was a young child answering his challenges in such a way that he could not argue against the proofs. So, he desperately wanted to try his final question. But before doing so, the boy said, "Wait! You are the one who is asking the questions and I am the one who is giving the answer to these challenges. It is only fair that you should come down to where I am standing and that I should go up where you are right now, in order that the answers may be heard as clearly as the questions."

"This seemed reasonable to the Roman, so he came down from where he was standing and the boy ascended the platform. Then the man repeated his final challenge, "Tell me, what is Allah doing at this moment?"

The boy proudly answered, "At this moment, when Allah found upon this high platform a liar and mocker of Islam, He caused him to descend and brought him low. And as for the one who believed in the Oneness of Allah, He raised him up and established the Truth. Every day He exercises (universal) power (Surah 55 ar-Rahman, Verse 29)." The Roman had nothing to say except to leave and return back to his country, defeated. Meanwhile, this young boy grew up to become one of the most famous scholars of Islam. Allah, the Exalted, blessed him with special wisdom and knowledge of the deen. His name was Abu Hanifah (rahmatullah 'alayhi- Allah have mercy on him) and he is known today as Imam-e-A'dham, the Great Imam and scholar of Islam. [Manaqib Abi Hanifah by Imam Muwaffaq]

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
Wealthy are those that can do without it.
----------------------------------------------

We borrow to buy things we don't need
With the money we don't have
To impress the people we don't like.

----------------------------------------------------
Don't prepare to live in this world, but prepare to leave this world

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Watch your thoughts ; they become words.

Watch your words ; they become actions.

Watch your actions ; they become habits.

Watch your habits; they become character .

Watch your character; it becomes your destiny

A

aynur7

O my God!Me who has nothing but u,pity who has everything but not u. Konfutszi
You may kill person,but not defeat.
Before seeking revenge,seek the truth.
U can't distinguish fire with fire.

Once Shibli ar got mad .They took him 2 hospital.Some of his friends payed a visit 2 him.He asked : Who r u? They said : Ur friends.He took a stone from land and threw at them .They ran away. He said : O ppl who pretend 2 be friends!Return, friend wouldn't run off his friend. Abdurrahman Jami

riskyguy

Allah-hu-Akbar
Some Wise Sayings of Prophet Idris (Enoch)

"Happy is he who looks at his own deeds and appoints them as pleaders to his Lord."

"None can show better gratitude for Allah's favors than he who shares them with others."

"Do not envy people for what they have as they will only enjoy it for a short while."

"He who indulges in excess will not benefit from it."

"The real joy of life is to have wisdom."

A

aynur7

Don't go 2 the bridge of coward, let flood take u, Don't sleep in the shade of fox, let lion eat u. (Azeri proverb).
The end of something is always beginning of another thing.
Until u don't know what's hell, u wouldn't even like the Heaven.
Eye looks,heart sees.

Two chinese philosophers were talking while walking on bridge & looking at fish.One said : How happily fish r swimming in the water!The joy of life of fish is in this! Another said: You r not fish,how could u know what the joy of life of fish in? He answered : You r not me,how would u know that I don't know what the joy of life of fish in?

Hunger even forces the most celever fish to come to the trap.
Allah closes the door but opens the window.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
“Love of leadership is a poison which destroys this life,
And makes love a war for its lovers;
It cuts both throats and ties of relationship,
So that no character nor Religion remains.
He who obtains leadership while ignorant or before wisdom,
Then you will not see him except as an enemy to the rightful;
He desires and envies a people and be is lesser than them,
Competing thereby with the enemies of the Prophets.”

Taken from The Advice of Sufyaan ath-Thawree

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
“Pay attention to Allah and He will pay attention to you.”

“Make sure your food is good (halaal and bought with halaal earnings), and you will be one whose prayers are answered.”

“Fear Allah wherever you may be.”

“Follow up a bad deed with a good deed, to cancel it out.”

“Mix with people with a good attitude.”

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
And whenever you give your word, say the truth [al-An’aam 6:152]

And seek help in patience and prayer [al-Baqarah 2:45]

And speak good to people [al-Baqarah 2:83]

And fulfil the Covenant of Allah when you have covenanted [al-Nahl 16:91]

Verily! Allah commands that you should render back the trusts to those to whom they are due [al-Nisa’ 4:58]

salahdin

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

asalama aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu shukran for post may ALLAH the Knower of the Invisible and the Visible the Holy One, Peace, the Keeper of Faith, the Guardian, the Majestic, the Compeller, the Superb. REWARD YOU FOR THIS asalama aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
And let not your hand be tied (like a miser) to your neck, nor stretch it forth to its utmost reach (like a spendthrift) [al-Isra’ 17:29]

Eat and drink, but waste not by extravagance [al-A’raaf 7:31]

And take a provision (with you) for the journey, but the best provision is al-taqwa (piety, righteousness) [al-Baqarah 2:197]

And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty) [al-Talaaq 65:2]

And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him [al-Talaaq 65:3]

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Ibn Shubrumah said,​

I am amazed at the people who take care of themselves by eating food, out of fear of dying, yet do not protect themselves from sins out of fear of the
Fire.​