Thought Provoking Quotes

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:

A person may hope for some matter of trade or position of authority, until he is close to attaining it, then Allaah, the Most High, looks at him and says to His angels:

‘Divert it from him, for if he attains it I will send him to Hell.’

So Allaah diverts it from him and he keeps regarding that as something bad, saying ‘So and so beat me to it, So and so outwitted me,’ when in fact it is a blessing from Allaah.

Quoted by Ibn Rajab in Jaami’ al-‘Uloom wa’l-Hukam (2/470).

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
The most naïve thing in my eyes is to linger in sin - with no regrets - hoping for a far off pardon and to come closer to Allah without doing anything and to wait for the harvest of Jannah while planting the seeds of hellfire - waiting for reward without performing any deeds.

Yahya ibn Mu'adh rahimuhullah

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
The Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam)said, "supplication is the weapon of the believer, the pillar of the religion, and the light of the heaven and earth."

[Reported by al-Haakim in his 'Mustadrak' from the hadeeth of Alee bin Abee Taalib radiAllahu 'anhu]

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Not every individual who is endowed with knowledge and wisdom and dons its robe is from among its people. Rather the People of Knowledge and Wisdom are those who have infused life into their hearts by slaughtering their desires.

Imaam Ibnul-Qayyim al-Jawziyyah (d.751H)

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
al-Hasan (al-Basree) said:

"The wise man does not argue or seek to overcome with stratagem rather he propagates his wisdom. If it is accepted he praises Allaah and if it is rejected he praises Allaah."

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Imaam al-Barbahaaree said:

"Do not bear witness for any of the people of Islaam (i.e. that he is a person of Paradise or of the Fire) due to a good or bad deed, since you do not know what his final action before his death will be. You hope for Allaah's Mercy for him and you fear for him because of his sins. You do not know what has been destined for him at the time of his death as regards repentance and what Allaah has destined for that time if he dies upon Islaam. You hope for Allaah's Mercy for him and you fear for him because of his sins."

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
It is reported from Abu Sulaimaan ad-Daarinee (rh) that he said:

Toobaa (the tree in Paradise) for the one who took a single step desiring nothing but the face of Allaah by it.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
It was said by Imam al-Shafi'i:

"I wish people would learn what I have to give, without it being attributed to me. In this way, I will receive the reward for it from Allah, without having people’s praise."

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
So whomsoever holds fast to Allaah is truly saved from mankind, And whosever's hopes are in Him, will be far removed from any regrets.

Imaam Ash-Shaafi'ee

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Ibraaheem al-Harbee said,

‘I heard Ahmad (Ahmad Ibn Hanbal) say, ‘If you love that Allaah should keep you upon that which you love, then remain upon that which He loves, and the good is in the one who sees no good in himself.”

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Al-Hasan Al-Basri (May Allaah have mercy on him) used to say,

"If you are not able to stand in the night prayer, nor able to fast during the day, then know that you are deprived and you have been shackled by your mistakes and sins."

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Umar radiallahu 'anhu said :

"Bring yourself to account before you are brought to account. And weigh your deeds before your deeds are weighed."

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
So verily the knowledge of tawheed [the oneness of Allaah] is the noblest of sciences, and the greatest in rank, and most obligatory to be studied because it is the knowledge of Allaah the Exalted, and His Names, and His Attributes, and His Rights upon His slaves.

Shaykh Muhammad Saalih Ibnul 'Uthaymeen

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
So this [tawheed] is the most fundamental principle, and the greatest understanding. It is the first thing that the writers should write about, and it is what the callers to guidance, and what the supporters of the truth should focus on. It is the most important science that they should grab onto with their molar teeth, and it should be spread amongst all societies, until they know its reality, and until they distance themselves from whatever opposes it.

Shaykh 'Abdul 'Azeez Ibn 'Abdullaah Ibn Baaz

umm hussain

Mankind today is on the brink of a precipice, not because of the danger of complete annihilation which is hanging over its head-this being just a symptom and not the real disease -but because humanity is devoid of those vital values which are necessary not only for its healthy development but also for its real progress. Even the Western world realises that Western civilization is unable to present any healthy values for the guidance of mankind. It knows that it does not possess anything which will satisfy its own conscience and justify its existence.
Sayd Qutb

umm hussain

It is necessary to revive that Muslim community which is buried under the debris of the man-made traditions of several generations, and which is crushed under the weight of those false laws and customs which are not even remotely related to the Islamic teachings, and which, in spite of all this, calls itself the 'world of Islam.'

Sayyid Qutb

umm hussain

'Verily, the index finger that testifies to the oneness of Allah in payer, utterly rejects to write even a letter, endorsing the rule of the Taghout(tyrant).

Sayyid Qutb