To all the parents and grandparents

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
As-salaamu Alaikum Everyone,

This question is anyone really but how do my experience parents and grand parents, how do you instill the love of Allaah in your child's heart.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Actions speak louder than words. You must model that fear and love of Allah subhana wa taala.
Salat..if we are lazy they learn to be lazy...
How important is our love of zakat...do they participate in giving of zakat..
Sadaqa...do we kiss them..and thank Allah..for the joy being in their presence..

We show devotion to Allah and they obey...

inquizator

Salam Alykum.

What aapa has said. Have them as close to you as your own heartbeat. Be sure to bring them into all you do b/c they copy us. At an early age, we're the world to them and they are like Clay ready to be molded for life.

I told my Sons the Truth, brought them to Friday Jumah, let them see me give Sadaka and knowing about Zakat. Having them participate in what Dad did, turn off the TV and make them pray. It's punctual Duty.
Soon they fell into line and they were giving Sadaka.

Human see, human Do. What Aapa said.

a_stranger

:salah:

When children are young it very easy , since they are close to Allah by firth .....you should remove all the obstacle that cover this beautiful firth .....don't let them be exposed to bad things .....when they eat tell this this is gift from Allah . Tell them that all that they enjoying .......eyes, ears, hands, minds, earth, friends, water..................etc. Are gifts from Allah ......try to let them feel the bounties........ this can't be done till we the grown up feel it ............be very friendly with them if they love you they will hear from you .......pray with them ......play with them .........

For the grown up it is more difficult in our world nowadays

Tomtom

Banned
Wa Alaikkum As'alaam lostlilly I hope you find yourself real soon :p

I don't think it's a clear cut case of disciplining a child because every is different and has differing levels of discipline. This doesn't mean that one neglects his/her duty as a parent in teaching about the religion and about Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. Thing is any child can rebel and go their own way until they come to a time in life where either they think they need to change or they will feel the call of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. Having said all this there are children who are more pious and God conscious than others and will be obedient and respectful to their parents and God. I think the latter is rare but happens. If only we knew the real personalities of people then we may have a chance to direct their beliefs accordingly. Also one of the main obstacles is satan who whispers to children as much as adults, trying to turn them away from Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and sadly succeeding in many cases. But can the love of Allah be taught? I'd leave that for people of knowledge and wisdom Insha'Allah.

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
Wa Alaikkum As'alaam lostlilly I hope you find yourself real soon :p

I don't think it's a clear cut case of disciplining a child because every is different and has differing levels of discipline. This doesn't mean that one neglects his/her duty as a parent in teaching about the religion and about Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. Thing is any child can rebel and go their own way until they come to a time in life where either they think they need to change or they will feel the call of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. Having said all this there are children who are more pious and God conscious than others and will be obedient and respectful to their parents and God. I think the latter is rare but happens. If only we knew the real personalities of people then we may have a chance to direct their beliefs accordingly. Also one of the main obstacles is satan who whispers to children as much as adults, trying to turn them away from Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala and sadly succeeding in many cases. But can the love of Allah be taught? I'd leave that for people of knowledge and wisdom Insha'Allah.

I use to work with little children (ages 5-8) in an Islamic enviroment and there were some children who you could see ltheire ove Allaah and Islaam and I do agree or better yet I know that as a child becomes less dependent from parents and influence by peers that their love for Allaah or "God" in general can sway despite earlier teachings but when the moments of hardship come and reflection takes place, I want my child to reflect back to Love of Allaah )azza wa jal) they once had and maybe it will bring them back into the fold of Islam if they ever left.

Shak78

:salam2:

Seeing as I have a two year old I am dealing with this very issue. By one's example you can show your child love for Allah and Islam. They see it in you, your actions, deeds, words towards them and towards other. They either see you pray or not pray, give zakat or not give it. I donated 5 bucks to Toys for Tots due to my area and there being many poor children here, and I gave my son the money and he gave it to the Marine. He may not understand what he is doing at his young age but I want him to understand the value of charity. He sees me pray and gets on my prayer mat with me, often sitting where I prostrate but I don't mind. I watches Islamic programs with me and loves to hear the Holy Qu'ran on my computer.

Tomtom

Banned

Seeing as I have a two year old I am dealing with this very issue. By one's example you can show your child love for Allah and Islam. They see it in you, your actions, deeds, words towards them and towards other. They either see you pray or not pray, give zakat or not give it. I donated 5 bucks to Toys for Tots due to my area and there being many poor children here, and I gave my son the money and he gave it to the Marine. He may not understand what he is doing at his young age but I want him to understand the value of charity. He sees me pray and gets on my prayer mat with me, often sitting where I prostrate but I don't mind. I watches Islamic programs with me and loves to hear the Holy Qu'ran on my computer.

Masha'Allah may he become a pious devotee of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. Ameen.

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}

Masha'Allah may he become a pious devotee of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. Ameen.

thank you;
Yes tomtom; ...i am with your reply and i also say "Amin"