To what degree should a Muslim be concerned with politics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member

nameofallah.gif

salam_3.gif

To what degree is a Muslim to be concerned with politics today, within it's Islaamic guidelines?

Answer:

If what is intended by "politics" is the administering of the ummah, then the reality is that politics is not from the acts of one individual from the people of the ummah, but rather, it is from the duties of the Muslim State. This is if the objective behind politics, as we stated before, is the administering of the ummah and the managing of its concerns in order to rectify what is in it from its religious and worldly affairs. So if this is what is intended by "politics", then this is fard kifaayah (a collective obligation). However, it is not for those people who are not in control of the state or of the rule, nor for those who can neither produce benefit nor cause harm.
As for obtaining the news to be aware of the state of affairs and the weakness the Muslims are in, and in order to avoid this outcome, then as we say, this is from the tasfiyah (purification) and the tarbiyah (educating) – purifying Islaam from what has entered into it and focusing on educating the Muslims and bringing them up on this purified Islam. So knowing these general circumstances, which encompass the Muslims, is a must for the matter is as the old Arab poet has stated, taking his meaning from an authentic hadeeth:"I learned evil not for the sake of evil, but to avoid it And whoever doesn't know good from evil, he will fall into it."

This is derived from a hadeeth – and I mean by it, the hadeeth of Hudhaifah Ibn Al-Yamaan, radyAllaahu 'anhumaa, which is reported in the Saheehs of Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim. He, radyAllaahu 'anhumaa, said: "The people used to ask Allaah's Messenger, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, about the good, but I used to ask him about the evil for fear of it reaching me." So being aware of what the Muslims are upon from humiliation and weakness in order to turn them away from that towards using the means of knowledge, strength and power, this is an obligation from the many obligations.

As for engaging at length in obtaining news, knowledge of battles and western politics, then this is from the aspect of: "Knowledge of something is better than being ignorant of it." This is something that we do not forsake. However, at the same time, we must not be very enthusiastic and fanatical about it. This is since the Prophet, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, did not establish the affair of his Companions on knowing and following precisely, the news of his enemies to the same extent as he, sallAllaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, used to focus on teaching his Companions from one perspective and cultivating them on Allaah's command from another perspective. This is our belief concerning politics based on their two categories, which we have mentioned previously.

Shaykh Naasir ud-Deen al-Albaanee
Al-Asaalah No. 18
Translated by Ismaal Alarcon

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member

nameofallah.gif

salam_3.gif

wellcome my brother in Allah

<1st> i put the source just click in

Shaykh Naasir ud-Deen al-Albaanee
Al-Asaalah No. 18
Translated by Ismaal Alarcon

<2nd> chick the shaykh website

http://www.albani.co.uk/

<3rd> waiting ur reply....

Allah Ahafiz

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum Salam, i understand what the noble shaykh, rahimahullah is saying, may Allah give him Jannatul Firdaus. That some people do preoccupy and immerse themselves into politics without knowing anything about Islam.

Today in the West, it is important to have good knowledge of this. Thats because a lot of the time, the enemies of Islam use the current situations to attack Islam. So, if we are ignorant of the goings on, then it will be to the detriment of Islamic da'wah.

Also, many people have misconceptions of Islam based on biased news reports, and lies concocted by the pro Zionist media, e.g Fox News, Daily Telegraph etc.

People often talk about Iraq, Palestine and 911 or 7th July bombings, so Its difficult not to know about these situations when talking to people about Islam

It is indeed important we learn our Deen, and are studying our religion and not wasting too much time on these matters.

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
assalamou alaykoum wa rahmatoullahi wa barakatouhou

It is indeed important we learn our Deen, and are studying our religion and not wasting too much time on these matters.
wellcome my brother in Allah / Mabsoot

<ur rigth>

jazakillah khayran wa baraka fiki

and i wanna ask my self before asking my brother /abdulrahman

plz if u could reply on ur self

<tell me later >

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=804

or

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23

===============
plz do anything 4 islam...

not wast ur time in chat ..or in unuseful Discussion

==============
my brother /abdulrahman

u know how many pepole in the world non Muslim

u know...ur resposible 4 that

resposible about don't tell the onther thw truth

yeah.. the truth about Allah..our prophet Mohammed

our islamic teaching...

قال رسول الله عليه وسلم

بلغوعني ولو آيه

===============
brother in Allah

how many pepole known that

ِِArabic
الاسلام لايفرق بين ابيض وأسود

English :
In Islam there is no distinction between black and white.

French :
En islam il n'y a pas de distinction entre noirs et blancs.

German :
In Islam gibt es keine Unterscheidung zwischen Schwarzen und Weissen.

Italian :
Nell'Islam non c'è distinzione fra neri e bianchi.

=============================

ِِArabic

الاسلام دين سماحة

English :

Islam is the religion of tolerance.

French :
Islam ist die Religion der Toleranz.

German :
Islam est la religion de la tolérance.

Italian :
L'Islam è la religione di tolleranza.

============================

Arabic
اعرف حقيقة الاسلام بنفسك

English :
Find out by yourself what Islam really is.

French :
Découvrez par vous-même ce qu'est vraiment l'Islam.

German :
Finden Sie selbst heraus, was Islam wirklich ist.

Italian :
Scopra da lei che cosa l'Islam è realmente

=============
Find The Reality Of Islam

And God Bless You

wasalam

Karima

worth re-reading again....

Mabsoot said:
Wa alaykum Salam, i understand what the noble shaykh, rahimahullah is saying, may Allah give him Jannatul Firdaus. That some people do preoccupy and immerse themselves into politics without knowing anything about Islam.

Today in the West, it is important to have good knowledge of this. Thats because a lot of the time, the enemies of Islam use the current situations to attack Islam. So, if we are ignorant of the goings on, then it will be to the detriment of Islamic da'wah.

Also, many people have misconceptions of Islam based on biased news reports, and lies concocted by the pro Zionist media, e.g Fox News, Daily Telegraph etc.

People often talk about Iraq, Palestine and 911 or 7th July bombings, so Its difficult not to know about these situations when talking to people about Islam

This is so true....the politicians need to understand what Islam is all about if they are going to slam something they know nothing about, except heresay. The American Politics are talking through tunnel visioned glasses of only one point of view...and not as a nation under one God. The same God of Abraham...of the Jews, Christians and of the Muslims.:ma:

Status
Not open for further replies.