Today was the night of power?

Shamim56

Muslim Brother
Assalamualakum

Well i woke up 3am in the morning to go to the mosque for the prayer and i look outside. The moon was shining very bright and the stars around it were sort of...Flashing but not like how airplanes do it (It would do it every 10-15 seconds) like it would get brighter and then dimmer. And no they were not airplanes or satellites me and my brother looked at them for a few minutes and they did not move at all and all of the stars were doing it.

When we were driving there the Sky was very clear. And at the end of prayer the sky was still clear but the sky was very bright red almost like pink. There were no sun beams or anything... Everything was still including the trees (i heard trees also worship allah so i looked at them).

Do you think today was the day?

Qur'an&Sunnah

Traveler
AsSalaamu Alaykum,

Allahu Alam, but I feel the same way. SubhanAllah. I stayed up after fajr and watched the sun rise. Usually I do this any other day because the sun rises right in front of my window, and usually it gets very bright in my house because how strong the rays of the sun are, but today when I looked out my window I could literally look into the sun, and seriously today it did not light up my house like the other days at all, and it was not like any other sun rise I've seen. Allahu Alam I will wait until the end of Ramadhan to be certain, but I seriously believe it was Laylatul Qadr but Allahu Alam.

:salam2:

moon light

i also felt the last night was alqadr night i was praying and crying and felt this feeling but today the sun was shining strongly i couldn't look at it so i'll wait to the end of ramadan to work hard and to be sure of alqadr night

ksa 2008

assalamualaikum,, its surprising ! coz i felt the same way! i hv tried my best to pray late till midnight tarawih all these days of ramadan,, but yesterda night i had a different feeling,,i dint get sleep whole night and i prayed until suhoor ,tarawih tahajjud and qayamul layl prayer, i was surprised to see myself ths way nd indulged myself with reading holy quran continously! i had a different feelin finding myself anxcious as i was readin the holy quran,, restlessness which i never felt before nd had the feelin as if today was the tonight tht we are looking for!

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

We had a severe thunderstorm and lot of brothers came for Qiyaam-ul-layl. Well, I didnt have any strong inner feeling that the 'night of Qadr' was today but the dua in witr was moving and the brother next to me was in tears. It felt great. :)

Oh and the suhur provided by the sisters was dynamite ! :p :D

:wasalam:

FreedomFighter

oh no, that means it might have gone already? ok so lets say this year its on the 23rd and most people feel like that, so that means every year it falls on the 23rd right? isnt it the same for every ramadhan the laylatul qadr, but its just that we dont know which night?

FreedomFighter

and sisters should do i'tikaf in the mosque? how should i'tikaf be spent? by reading the Qur'an and offering what kind of prayers? the voluntarily ones? and making du'as until the morning?

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
Oooooh!! We have just finished our 22nd Ramadan. And its only a little later after Maghrib, meaning the night of 23rd has just started. While I was praying maghrib prayer, I just *felt* that today was Laylatul Qadr. Of course, I thought to myself "What do I know, I can't be sure." but now I log in here, and you guys are saying the same.

I just have this feeling its today. I will pray a lot tonight inshallah. :D

FreedomFighter

mashaAllah.. may Allah accept your prayers and may He give you all many other chances in these last days of ramadhan and inshaAllah in the ones to come.

Shamim56

Muslim Brother
Podolski no they do not say it is exactly the 27th.

In a hadeeth the wife of the prophet A'aisha said seek it on 27'th and the 29'th.
The prophet had said that it was on the last 10 days

By only going to the 27th you are risking the day of Al-Qadr and giving up all the reward that comes in those nights. Yes, it can be today that was the night of power but im still going to the other days. Only reason i posted this is because i wanted to see if everyone else had the same feeling

duran

oh no, that means it might have gone already? ok so lets say this year its on the 23rd and most people feel like that, so that means every year it falls on the 23rd right? isnt it the same for every ramadhan the laylatul qadr, but its just that we dont know which night?

FreedomFighter,

Laylat Al-qadr is not only one night, its likely to be the 27th but it could be any odd number in last 10 days of Ramadan.

Taking from Islam-qa

"The more correct view is that it moves through all the last ten nights, but it is most likely to be one of the odd-numbered nights, and the night of the twenty-seventh is the most likely among the odd-numbered nights. Whoever strives in worship during all of the last ten nights, praying, reading Qur’aan, making du’aa’ and other kinds of good deeds will undoubtedly catch up with Laylat al-Qadr and attain what Allaah has promised to those who do that out of faith and seeking reward.

And Allaah is the Source of strength, May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions."

duran

and sisters should do i'tikaf in the mosque? how should i'tikaf be spent? by reading the Qur'an and offering what kind of prayers? the voluntarily ones? and making du'as until the morning?

Praise be to Allaah.

The scholars are agreed that a man’s i’tikaaf is only valid if observed in the mosque, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And do not have sexual relations with them (your wives) while you are in I‘tikaaf (i.e. confining oneself in a mosque for prayers and invocations leaving the worldly activities) in the mosques”

[al-Baqarah 2:187]

So i’tikaaf is something that should be done specifically in the mosque.

See al-Mughni, 4/461

With regard to women, the majority of scholars are of the view that as in the case of men, their i’tikaaf is not valid unless it is observed in the mosque, because of the verse quoted above (interpretation of the meaning):

“And do not have sexual relations with them (your wives) while you are in I‘tikaaf (i.e. confining oneself in a mosque for prayers and invocations leaving the worldly activities) in the mosques”

[al-Baqarah 2:187]

The wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) asked him for permission to observe i’tikaaf in the mosque and he gave them permission, and they used to observe i’tikaaf in the mosque after he died.

If it were permissible for a woman to observe i’tikaaf in her house, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) would have told them to do that, because it is better for a woman to remain concealed in her house than to go out to the mosque.

Some of the scholars were of the view that it is valid for a woman to observe i’tikaaf in the “mosque” of her house, which is the place that she allocates for prayer in her house.

But the majority of scholars said that this is not allowed and said that the place where she prays in her house is not called a masjid (mosque) except by way of metaphor, and it is not really a mosque, so it does not come under the rulings on mosques, hence it is permissible for people who are junub and menstruating women to enter it.

See al-Mughni, 4/464.

Al-Nawawi said in al-Majmoo’ (6/505):

It is not valid for men or women to observe i’tikaaf anywhere but in the mosque; it is not valid in the mosque of a woman’s house or the mosque of a man’s house, which is a space that is set aside for prayer.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked in Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (20/264) about where a woman who wants to observe i’tikaaf should do so?

He replied:

If a woman wants to observe i’tikaaf, she should observe i’tikaaf in the mosque so long as that does not involve anything that is forbidden according to sharee’ah. If that does involve anything that is forbidden then she should not do i’tikaaf.

In al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah (5/212) it says:

The scholars differed as to where women should observe i’tikaaf. The majority are of the view that woman are like men, and their i’tikaaf is not valid unless observed in the mosque. Based on this it is not valid for a woman to observe i'tikaaf in the mosque of her house, because of the report narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) who asked about a woman who vowed to observe i’tikaaf in the mosque of her house. He said: “(This is) an innovation, and the most hateful of actions to Allaah are innovations (bid’ah).” So there can be no i’tikaaf except in a mosque in which prayers are established. And the mosque of a house is not a mosque in the real sense of the word and does not come under the same rulings; it is permissible to change it, and for a person who is junub to sleep in it. Moreover if it were permissible (to observe i’tikaaf at home), the Prophet’s wives (may Allaah be pleased with them) would have done that at least once to show that it is permissible.

Source: Islam Q&A - islamqa.com

Maha*

Mashaa Allah, I don't know, I felt so close to Allah yesterday but I don't know why I still didn't feel it was laylatul kadr. I guess since the start of Ramadan I always felt like it will be the night of the 25th. Wa allahu alim. We have to wait and see.

Salamu alaikum.

FreedomFighter

FreedomFighter,

Laylat Al-qadr is not only one night, its likely to be the 27th but it could be any odd number in last 10 days of Ramadan.

Taking from Islam-qa

"The more correct view is that it moves through all the last ten nights, but it is most likely to be one of the odd-numbered nights, and the night of the twenty-seventh is the most likely among the odd-numbered nights. Whoever strives in worship during all of the last ten nights, praying, reading Qur’aan, making du’aa’ and other kinds of good deeds will undoubtedly catch up with Laylat al-Qadr and attain what Allaah has promised to those who do that out of faith and seeking reward.

And Allaah is the Source of strength, May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions."

Ameen. jazakAllah khayran. got it, laylatul qadr comes only once in ramadhan, on an odd night of the last ten days. we dont know if its the same odd night for every ramadhan or if the night changes every ramadhan. but then its mentioned that the most correct view is that it moves through all the last ten nights, and does not just stay on one night for every ramadhan. but then lets say last ramadhan it was mostly experienced on the 23rd, so does that mean that every ramadhan laylatul qadr is likely to be on the 23rd? i know we are never sure though. this may seem confusing, let me make it clearer :D. the exact odd number of laylatul qadr we dont know, but its one of the last ten odd nights. and that night only Allah knows. so is it the same night day for every ramadhan?

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

now thats a good question! :)