Tony Blair: Iraq war didn’t cause 7/7

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
As we in London remember the attacks of 7th July 2005, Tony Blair speaks up. How can he still not see what he did and how wrong he is? This is shocking.

---------------------------------
Tony Blair: Iraq war didn’t cause 7/7, Islamic terrorism must be fought militarily

Self-belief undiminished a decade on from the 7/7 London bombings, the former prime minister who led Britain to war in Iraq and Afghanistan says the UK must fight extremism militarily.

As the UK remembers the 52 dead and more than 700 wounded in the terror attacks a decade ago, Tony Blair aired his vision of how terrorism must be confronted, telling the BBC on Tuesday, “It’s a global threat, it is, I’m afraid. A growing threat.

But we have got ourselves to a position where it’s very clear that unless we take the right policies and strategy to deal with it, we won’t be able to succeed.

Those require a battle of ideas and a fight against the ideology. Not just the violence, but the ideology and the extremism. But also you have got to have the means of combating these people and combating them on the ground.

Blair remained adamant that foreign policy was not to blame for the attacks.

This is a global problem ... we're not going to allow anyone to excuse themselves by saying that the slaughter of totally innocent people is somehow a response to any decision by any government.

He also said the issue is likely to get worse in the future, warning that the terror threat “is not going away.

It will intensify in time to come ... it is not something we have caused but something that we are caught up in.

In the immediate aftermath of the 7/7 attacks, the then-PM spoke at length, and with a similar tone to his latest comments, on the threat of extremism.

Its roots are not superficial, but deep, in the madrassas of Pakistan, in the extreme forms of Wahabi doctrine in Saudi Arabia, in the former training camps of Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan; in the cauldron of Chechnya; in parts of the politics of most countries of the Middle East and many in Asia; in the extremist minority that now in every European city preach hatred of the West and our way of life.

It is founded on a belief, one whose fanaticism is such it can’t be moderated. It can’t be remedied. It has to be stood up to,” he added.

http://rt.com/uk/272146-blair-london-bombings-extremism/

saif

As we in London remember the attacks of 7th July 2005, Tony Blair speaks up. How can he still not see what he did and how wrong he is? This is shocking.
Its roots are not superficial, but deep, in the madrassas of Pakistan, in the extreme forms of Wahabi doctrine in Saudi Arabia, in the former training camps of Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan; in the cauldron of Chechnya; in parts of the politics of most countries of the Middle East and many in Asia; in the extremist minority that now in every European city preach hatred of the West and our way of life.

It is founded on a belief, one whose fanaticism is such it can’t be moderated. It can’t be remedied. It has to be stood up to,” he added.

http://rt.com/uk/272146-blair-london-bombings-extremism/

Assalamu alaikum

Iraq war was wrong because it was based on wrong allegations. The injustice caused by that war was the fully wrong answer to the fanaticism he has mentioned in the last two paragraphs.

However, I fully endorse his view, that the real problem is in the madrassas of Pakistan, salafism of Saudia Arabia, ideologies of Al-Qaeda and ISIS and the bid'ah of stateless jihaad. I hope, I will not be declared waajib-ul-qatl for that.

Yes Mr. Blair, we have to stand up to this fanaticism. But not with injustice.

Wassalamu alaikum.

Cariad

I believe Mr Blair was wrong to take Britain into conflict. The only out come of war can be suffering of innocent people usually women and children.

But he did not himself kill the innocent people on 7/7 who were not ever part of any conflict and possibly would even have been against it like much of the country was. The terrorists who took the lives of random people on their way to work or just living their day made the decision to kill as many people as they could. For what purpose? Some twisted thought of revenge for the actions of a government? They made a choice a bad choice for which I expect they are in Hell. I don't know any religion that will condone the killing of innocent people's. :(

Yeshua was right when He taught we should love our enemies as ourselves and not seek revenge for an eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind. It is sad that so many people can't see this simple truth and instead believe violence to be pleasing to God.