Tornado hits london

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
:salam2: everyone

I know the heading makes it sound much bigger than it really was but Today the most weirdest thing happened. There was a mini tornado in London! It was nothing compared to what regulary happens in the US but it is still extremely rare in the uk. Another strange thing is that it was localised to a couple of streets.

I heard thunder and howling winds but I didn't know there was a tornado a couple of miles away. Six people were injured but thankfully no one was killed, however there was extensive damage to buildings.

azlina_sam

Strange but the " unforeseen impossible incident" had actually taken place.. With Allah's will & power, anything can takes place..

Globalpeace

Banned
http://www.itv.com/news/ea551e2d6de5c6a90ad23b7866e2bf71.html

The freak weather comes after a night of heavy wind and rains
Tornado tears up London streets
9.16, Thu Dec 7 2006

A "mini-tornado" has swept through several north London streets, leaving over 100 properties damaged as stunned residents could only look on.

Six people have been injured and firefighters and ambulance crews are still at the scene in Kensal Rise.

Pictures show destroyed house walls with rooms left exposed and bricks strewn over the street and parked cars. Trees were blown over and uprooted by the winds and roof tiles were ripped up.

The London Fire Brigade said several hundred people have been displaced by the damage. They are facing the prospect of being unable to spend Christmas in their own home.

Tim Klotz, 34, described the moment it "went a bit dark" and the tornado descended.

Mr Klotz said: "It was like some sort of cyclone. I was actually in an attic room working at my desk on the computer and there was heavy rain and sleet and then the wind just really changed."

He added: "I looked up through a skylight and debris was falling through the air. I heard what seemed like large, clay dominoes falling, which I think were roof tiles."

The Association of British Insurers (ABI) said it was too early to estimate the cost of damage caused but a spokesman said damage caused by the Birmingham tornado in 2005 ran into "tens of millions of pounds".

He said damage caused to homes and businesses would be covered by buildings insurance and household policies should cover the cost of alternative accommodation.

The freak weather comes after a night of heavy wind and rains.

And if you have any pictures of the tornado please do send them to us - either by email to [email protected] or you can send them direct from your mobile phone to 07738 100200.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

:salam2:

I have heard about that!(I know someone`s roof went flying.)

Alhamdullilah no one is hurt though!

:wasalam: