Transforming Makka

Status
Not open for further replies.

riskyguy

Allah-hu-Akbar
08mecca-650.jpg

“You are not supposed to even cut a tree in this city, so how could you blow up a mountain? The Islamic laws have been broken.”

A huge project is under way near the Kaaba, in the Grand Mosque, altering the skyline at Islam’s holiest site. The Abraj al Bait Mall will bring an amusement park ride, fast food and a lingerie shop to the neighborhood.

:angryred:

“You are not supposed to even cut a tree in this city, so how could you blow up a mountain? The Islamic laws have been broken.”

Well akhi you have to know the context of that comment. I dont want to comment anything without knowing the whole matter and some comments from scholars.

PS: i personally dont think there is anything wrong. In makka people need more place to stay.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

I do not think any Islamic laws have been broken. They have to make Makkah more accessible to the growing number of people who visit it each year. If they do not do that and dont change anything, then the only other option is to limit the number of Umrah / Hajj visa that they give out. If they do that, then people will complain again.

I do not think we should rely on the New York Times for our information (yes, even if some wannabe Muslim/Arab writes in it). It is full of propoganda and is media of the enemies of Islam. There unfair coverage of the Middle East is an example of that. - I removed the article because of the bias and lies it brings to cause fitnah. --

riskyguy

Allah-hu-Akbar
Well akhi you have to know the context of that comment. I dont want to comment anything without knowing the whole matter and some comments from scholars.

PS: i personally dont think there is anything wrong. In makka people need more place to stay.

:salam2:

well bro, what does akhi means?

And yeah, having amusement park just beside kaabah, is no big deal...Right?

riskyguy

Allah-hu-Akbar
Assalamu Alaykum,
I do not think we should rely on the New York Times for our information (yes, even if some wannabe Muslim/Arab writes in it). It is full of propoganda and is media of the enemies of Islam. There unfair coverage of the Middle East is an example of that. - I removed the article because of the bias and lies it brings to cause fitnah. --

hmm, yeah maybe.

okay well, shut the damn thread. :p

:SMILY259:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member

well bro, what does akhi means?

And yeah, having amusement park just beside kaabah, is no big deal...Right?

just beside kaabah

I do not think that they will build an amusement park next to the Masjid. There is no space for such a thing. I do not think you should get your information from pro-zionist newspapers.

Also, even if it is somewhere in Makkah or its precincts, it is no big deal, correct. If it is for children, or anyone and there is no haram things (Western style cinema is not allowed there, nor is free-mixing between genders). Or are children not allowed to have fun? Whats next ban the people selling icecream outside Masjid al Haraam? Ban the people selling yoyos and other toys to the children?

Have you been to Makkah ever? or done Umrah ?

Where exactly would you stay? Have you seen the amount of traffic??? In last few days of Ramadhan, the main highway between Makkah to the city of Jeddah would be packed with traffic...

All those people need facilities. Like restaurants, shops and things.

Status
Not open for further replies.