Try to understand!

meer suhail

ILM seeker
28:55. And when they hear Al-Laghw (dirty, false, evil vain talk), they withdraw from it and say: "To us our deeds, and to you your deeds. Peace be to you. We seek not (the way of) the ignorant."

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Salaam,

This is what I felt disheartening when dealing with the guy, some Muslims began using foul language and typing in all caps as if yelling. This was exactly the response he was looking for and it just served to fuel his fire. Fire doesn't last long in the presence of water. So when dealing with him I maintained my adaab and it paid off for a short while. (the thread was pulled just as he began asking real questions and using a humble demeanor)

Ironically I learned how to face angry and/or passionate people from my previous Rabbi. I swear I never saw that man raise his voice or blood pressure. He taught me that it is easy to defang your opponent with a gentle demeanor, because there is no weapon useful against intelligence and rationality. And I found that still true when dealing with that particular poster.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

salam aleikum

He taught me that it is easy to defang your opponent with a gentle demeanor, because there is no weapon useful against intelligence and rationality.

I agree with u sister .fire cant be fought with fire .Only kindness can melt somebody's hearts ..Thats what we should remember when giving dawah ...

waaleikum salam

s 091

I dont understand why people have to insult something that they dont know or quite possibly dont understand. and to go to the effort of becoming a member 5 times over seems as though what is in this persons head is really bugging them. yes it is wrong and makes me angry but in another way i feel sorry for the person, they must have been brought up with such an anti islam mind that that is all they know now. Yes i teach my son islam but he has the choice that when he is old enough he can also look into other things aand then give me his views on things. Of course i will also tell him that his parents are making the right choice for him because this is the right path and allah sees all the good things that he does. {must remember that he sees the bad aswell though, so has to be a good boy}.

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
:salam2:

When dealing with others, a Muslim invariably confronts situations where he is verbally abused or derided. If he is living among non-Muslims, he might sometimes be confronted by a situation where a non-Muslim abuses his honor, that of other Muslims, or even the honor of Islam, with foul and unsavory language. The question arises as to whether it is suitable for a Muslim to reply back in a similar fashion to defend Islam and the Muslims. Would he be sinning if he were to use similar foul language against the non-Muslims?

It is not fitting for those who should be calling others to Allah to use unsightly and foul language. This is impropriate behavior for a Muslim to stoop to, regardless of who starts it, even if the one who initiates it is a non-Muslim. Our good example in this and in all matters is our Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

The Prophet (peace be upon him) was the best of those who ever called people to Allah. We must emulate his conduct in the way we deal with non-Muslims. He had been tormented and abused by the unbelievers. They scorned him and made him an object of ridicule. Ultimately, they expelled him from his homeland. Nonetheless, he remained in his conduct a blessing for all living things.

A Jewish man once greeted the Prophet (peace be upon him) by saying: “Death be upon you.” He used the Arabic word ‘sâm’, meaning ‘death’, in a parody of the Islamic greeting for peace which is the word ‘salâm’.

Though the Prophet (peace be upon him) knew exactly what the man had said, he paid it no heed and gently replied: “And upon you.” He did so without repeating the misused word “sâm” and behaved as if he had not noticed it.

However, `Âishah, who had also heard what the man really said, immediately retorted: “And death be upon you and a curse as well!”

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Take it easy, `Â’ishah. Allah loves kindness in everything.” In another narration of the story, it is related that he also said: “Beware of coarseness and indecency.”

`Âishah complained to the Prophet (peace be upon him) saying: “Didn’t you hear what they said?”

The Prophet (peace be upon him) replied: “Did you not hear my reply? I responded to their offensive supplication. My supplication will be answered by Allah while their supplication against me will not be answered.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Muslim]

Some of the Companions once asked the Prophet (peace be upon him) to pray to Allah to invoke His curse upon the pagans. He replied: “I was not sent to curse people but as a blessing. [Sahîh Muslim]

Also, the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “It is not fitting for a sincere lover of truth to invoke curses.” [Sahîh Muslim]

And he said: “A believer should not invoke curses.” [Sunan al-Tirmidhî with authentic line of transmission]

We should call people to Allah by explaining to them the truth about Islam. We must teach them our beliefs, our code of Law and our exemplary moral standards. If they resort to curses and vindictives, we should instead take recourse to sound arguments and evidence. Only those who are weak and defeated, who have no knowledge, choose to respond by insult. We must refrain from such conduct.

However, this does not mean that we are never to defend ourselves against abuse or seek judicial action to remedy it, particularly if the abuse is directed at Islamic beliefs and teachings.

Allah says:

“And whoever defends himself after his being oppressed, for such people, there is no way of blame against them. The way of blame is only against those who oppress mankind, and wrongfully rebel in the earth. For such there is a painful doom.” [Sûrah al-Shûrâ: 41-42]

This means that we may seek justice and redress in the face of oppression. We are entitled to respond to abuse, but without allowing ourselves to fall into oppression or transgression.

May Allah guide us all to the right way in our words and deeds, and in our efforts to call others to Islam. May he bless us to conduct ourselves in the noble manner of our Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

najbc

well said sis :D

maybe thats what their religion teaches :rolleyes:

you know what is so funny is that nonmuslims say this about islam everytime a muslim person does some wrong and we get so mad but listen yourself bro or sis, you just say the same thing they say about your religion to them and you get mad. it is wrong, i do not care what you believe in i do not think there is one religion that believes in wrong doing.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:salam2:^^
"eye for an eye, and tooth for a tooth"
(dunno if anyone heard of this)
but thats how i think...

they come at us hard without mercy, we should go at them harder and without mercy.

the more your nice and kind the more confortable they become, and the more insults are thrown at us..

using a nice way to dawah , thats what I do TO THE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO LEARN.
but those close minded crazy idiots, they don't desserve 1 bit of the respect i have.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
but thats how i think...

they come at us hard without mercy, we should go at them harder and without mercy.

the more your nice and kind the more confortable they become, and the more insults are thrown at us..

but those close minded crazy idiots, they don't desserve 1 bit of the respect i have.

salam aleikum
No brother thats totally wrong
Islam means Peace and we have to show it ,by our words and by our actions ...Prophet,peace be upon him ,never showed hate towards anyone ,
and he is the best example to follow ,lets remember that

waaleikum salam

ShyHijabi

but thats how i think...

Salaam,

I think you would be wise to use caution when saying such things. If our Prophet instructed us and gave an example how to face rude, coarse people then I think it encumbant upon us to imitate him. He did not respond to rudeness with rudeness, but with with dignity and preserverence. It is not your or my place to decide that we are more entitled to our anger than Rasool. If anyone so richly deserved to speak with anger and insults to his enemies, it was our Prophet. But he didn't and therefore , neither should we.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

OsMaN_93

Here to help
salam aleikum
No brother thats totally wrong
Islam means Peace and we have to show it ,by our words and by our actions ...Prophet,peace be upon him ,never showed hate towards anyone ,
and he is the best example to follow ,lets remember that

waaleikum salam
i never said that islam says this..
i said that i think this way..
but, after reading both posts.. i think i should think of my believes again.. *sigh*

palestine

Servant of Allah
sister shyhijabi i know i ruined the da'wah that should've been given to this boy(insulter), and i'd like to apologize to you because u put so much effort in trying to deal with him, that i completely wrecked it. but it was out of love for the deen- my blood boiled hearing what he was saying. sorry once again. salam.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
sister shyhijabi i know i ruined the da'wah that should've been given to this boy(insulter), and i'd like to apologize to you because u put so much effort in trying to deal with him, that i completely wrecked it. but it was out of love for the deen- my blood boiled hearing what he was saying. sorry once again. salam.
LOL.. we had a right go at this guy.. :D

Shahzad

i like the posts from sister ShyHijabi. Wat she has learnt from her Rabbi , is exactly wat all of the jews do. Stay calm even their blood is boiling. This helps in dealing wid every kind of situation.

Muslims are being driven by emotions all the time. This is not just for present muslims. It has been happening from ages.

But Sister, did u ask any scholar abt such situation? wat to do in such case?

Also, we are waiting for the insight abt a jewish life, their motives etc. I have already messaged u abt that long ago.