trying to forgive

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
:salam2:

I am looking for islamic advice on how to forgive a former friend. Its been nearly four months since I've last seen her and I still find myself thinking about he r at least once a week. I've tried to forgive her and have also asked Allaah to guide me but I still have some resentment for her.

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3czEe3Jbuc&feature=player_profilepage[/ame]

I listened to his video, and I think I might need to contact the sister and formally forgive her-give her an apology on my behalf.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:

Sister,Islam is deen of rahma,a deen of mercy and forgiveness.We are urged to forgive.Forgiveness is almost always good.

I read this beautiful quote,thought it might be helpful inhaAllah:

Someone asked
"What is forgiveness??"

A little girl gave lovely reply
"It is the wonderful fruit that a tree gives when it is being hurt by a stone..."

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister,

We ask Allah to forgive our sins. We ask Him daily. We ask Him hourly. SubhanaAllah.
Forgive her in your heart. And if you are so moved see her. Sister, if she is not receptive be gentle and walk away, in love.

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
wa alaikum salaam

Thanks for the replies! May Allaah reward you both.

I emailed the sister and Alhamduillaah, I do feel as though a burden has been lifted off my shoulders and my heart. I attend a small masjid (# of people who attend) and I would often avoid going because I was afraid I would see her and there would be tension in the air. I hate to go the masjid and not focus on Allaah. Alhamduillah, this Friday, I have intentions of going to Ju'mmuah its been almost five months or more since I've last attended Ju'mmuah and about 3 months since I've been to the masjid. So, its about time for a refresher!