TTI is a racist and one sided!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
i have seen them, i read them before i reply, there was more than 1 person who was not tolerant.

Okay, so i guess you dont see your errors or dont care either way. The point is: the thread was soured by that one guy sadly, and if he hadnt of posted I feel the thread would have been very positive.

To be honest, I've done my best to help you resolve this situation. If you want to bear this grudge against everyone on this site based on the actions of a few, so be it. I feel it's unfair, but thats just me.

Assalamu alaykum.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
i never said u wasnt helpful.,

if many of you knew me in person you wouldn't be talking to me like this, im no trouble maker, i have alot of friends who think im a great guy and just want me to be happy.

is that too much to ask for .

You are a great guy, and I am proud to be able to call you my brother in Islam.
I also love Sakeena.

I think this is out of character for both of you.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
i think it would be out of character for anyone to be like that, all i did was post tolerance and peace thats it, then sclavus decided to start turning the site around.

And insha'Allah they will boot him from the site :)

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

Um.. can we just let bygones be bygones, forget this happened and start over? No more arguing, please?

TTI is a wonderful site. There are people from all parts of the world here - how can that ever be racist?

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
Not all forums are the same, each one has their own parameters within which they operate. If you are not happy here, you can try out some other forums. I've been quite a few and i can tell you each one has its ups and downs. Go out and try a different flavor, see what's good for you.

here's a good list of what's out there.

http://dawaah.webs.com/islamiclinks.htm

esperanza

revert of many years
i never said u wasnt helpful.,

if many of you knew me in person you wouldn't be talking to me like this, im no trouble maker, i have alot of friends who think im a great guy and just want me to be happy.

is that too much to ask for .

whycantweall just calm down.... ialso tried to support your post....but ithink likeAlf 2 you were too upset by negativity to notice those who were being tolerant or taking notice...please dont take thingspersonally....

Sakeena

Not all forums are the same, each one has their own parameters within which they operate. If you are not happy here, you can try out some other forums. I've been quite a few and i can tell you each one has its ups and downs. Go out and try a different flavor, see what's good for you.

here's a good list of what's out there.

http://dawaah.webs.com/islamiclinks.htm

Too embarrassed to show my hijab around here ever again... :girl3:

*removes TTI name tag*

*packs bags with hijabs, Islamic books, and TTI album, gets in cooper, drives off to another forum...*

:SMILY23:

:wasalam:

esperanza

revert of many years

******** I hate this forum! You guys don't even care about anyone other than yourselves! :mad:

THE ADMIN SUCKS!

YOU DON'T LET ANYONE DISCUSS OTHER FAITHS EVEN THOUGH YOU CLAIM TO WANT WORLD PEACE! :mad:

YOU DON'T GIVE LUNCH BREAKS EITHER! :lol:

AND THE SNACKS COST TOO MUCH. ... :(

:wasalam:

to say TTI is racist is so insulting.,.
i am a new member here and wish ihadfound somewherelike thisyears ago
if we cant understand eahother herewhat hopeis there in thisworld...

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself

I know I'm not the most popular person around here. See any thread on dogs or marriage and you'll see why.

Still, I keep coming back. I must be crazy, or stupid.. or some combination of the two. :SMILY27:

There have been times when I have considered leaving this forum altogether.

But there are actually those whom I would miss. They know who they are. I don't always agree with everything they say, but I still respect them and they have helped me get through some tough times recently.

Wannabemuslim

I know I'm not the most popular person around here. See any thread on dogs or marriage and you'll see why.

Still, I keep coming back. I must be crazy, or stupid.. or some combination of the two. :SMILY27:

But there are actually those whom I would miss. They know who they are. I don't always agree with everything they say, but I still respect them and they have helped me get through some tough times recently.

Assalam yes i remember asking some very dumb questions a while ago, good thing you cant find the thread, anyways if you think this forum is to conservitave try another,... I like this forum because for the most part the people are nicer than certain other islamic forums that have very little patients. Anyways, i say they should close this thread, as it serves no point but to tell the moderators certain people arnt happy... Oh yah, and i want you to stay

Ahsen

I like your humor.Don't leave.

JenGiove

i don't know who he is, ive not had a discussion with him, thats why hes not been reported.

For the record, *I* reported him...TWICE!

..but also, for the record, just because someone angers you does not give a person permission (especially a Muslim who is directed to always show peace) to openly insult someone or use foul language.

There is a hadith where a jewish man came to visit Mohammad. Mohammad, IN THE PRIVACY OF HIS HOME AND FAMILY, described him as the vilest of his tribe but TO HIS FACE he was polite, warm and welcoming. Later, Aisha' asked Mohammad why, if Mohammad thought this way about the man, did he treat him so well. His response was akin to (please forgive me but my hadith program is on my other computer and I can't get to it right now)...was akin to "by being the better person, I seperate myself from him and leave him with his deeds and take with me my own".....

In modern language, you stooped to his level and lost all the advantage that is granted to you by being a Muslim. You lost those benefits and who suffers by it? Not him...you do.

I agreed with you 10-0% about the different peaceful intentions found in all the world religions but its message was ruined because you could not ignore that person. You also couldn't allow differences of opinion or debate unemotionally.

khangul

your sister

its a great site for everyone dear sister , not everything and everyone is perfect in this world sister :SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252:. And ohh i made some mango ice cream too , i wish i could share it with you all.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I take offense that a non-Muslim is "reporting" a Believer. Yes, I do.

Everyone grow up and ask for forgiveness. This is getting out of hand.

This is backbiting people.

tariq353

Name of our site is "TURN TO ISLAM" not "To Turn away from Islam".

Secondly while registering when we click on "I accept" we agree that we will agree to the rules n regulations/ moderation etc.

Difference of opinion is a common thing (even among the scholars) but one should also learn how to deal with it in Islamic way.

Useless debate is not recommended:-
Abu Dawud,Book 41, Number 4782:
Narrated AbuUmamah: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: I guarantee a house in the surroundings of Paradise for a man who avoids quarrelling even if he were in the right, a house in the middle of Paradise for a man who avoids lying even if he were joking, and a house in the upper part of Paradise for a man who made his character good.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum,

Is this what TTI has come to?? Seriously? There actually irony in this thread....you say you want peace and tolerance YET you go on with an insult.....and leave? where is the unity of Islam? where is the forgiveness and kindness to one another? where is the kind speech to your brothers and sisters in Islam.

Sister Sakeenah, I have known you for awhile on this site and to be honest, when I first read this thread, I could SWEAR to God that it was not YOU. I still dont know if it is you or not. But, I ma tell you that aint no place better than TTI.
Lets all remember that we are brotheren......In the name of Islam, we've come together and insha'Allah will stay together. I am very disappointed in this thread, but I am also glad that there are brothers and sisters out there trying to correct one another. Indeed Allah has commanded us to enjoin good and forbid evil and this thread shows that there are people still trying their best to do that.

There is so much love here and nothing can break that......when we get angry, lets remember that it is the Shaytan that wants us to be mad at our brother/sister. By the time you act upon that anger, you've chosen your enemy over your loved ones. Just take a moment and think about that-reflect on your past threads, on your problems and the duas that each brother and sister here made, is making and will continue to make for you.

...it is this kind of character that breaks our unity. We have stay united for Allah.....because wallahi, I want to be resurrected with my TTI family on the day of judgment! I dont wanna loose anyone of you and it saddens me to see that one misunderstanding that causes anger can suddenly make a member abandon their family! Love for Allah's sake is patient, kind, forgiving and most of all excusing those you love. Even though, this thread has saddened me, I forgive you and ask that you consider coming back here.
May Allah strengthen our unity! may Allah strengthen our unity! may Allah strengthen our unity!

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalaamu 'alaykum

My dear brothers and sisters, I believe we've all had our say and that Alhamdulillaah it's enough that the website speaks for itself. If you find it is racist in any way (I don't have any idea where that accusation came from) then please send a note to the Mods, and it'll be looked into insha'Allaah.

However, this is hardly the way to have a discussion or arrive at a peaceful conclusion, so in accordance to that, and our forum rules which specifically state that any concerns with Moderation should be discussed privately, this thread will be closed.

If you notice, those same rules indicate we don't allow any insults or swearing towards anyone, and that we don't allow the blatant disrespect of other religions and their followers - even when we don't agree. I hope everyone keeps that in mind insha'Allaah, and if there are cases when individuals cross this line or break them, then it can be reported, or again, discussed with the Mods.

BaarakAllaahu feekum

- Thread Closed -

Status
Not open for further replies.