Tunisia:No to prostitution in Muslim countries

justoneofmillion

:salam2:For me prostitution should be fought everywhere,even in western countries Muslims must stand up and say no to this degradation and marginalization of women.Although Muslim countries must facilitate marriage for crying out loud,educate and share the resources equitably, where are the feminists.. where's the hood at!l

Islamists attack Tunis red light district
Tunisia's Islamists call for closing brothels

436x328_48805_138208.jpg

No to prostitution houses in a Muslim country, shouted Tunisia's Islamists!

TUNIS (AFP)

Islamists tried Friday to set light to a street of brothels in Tunis but were dispersed by police using helicopters, a police official said.

"About an hour ago Islamist tried to get into Abdallah Guech Street to set it on fire," the official said. "Residents kept them out until the security forces arrived."

The street near the Medina contains one of Tunis's main brothels, well known to foreigners as well as locals.

"Police blocked off the street and succeeded in dispersing the demonstrators," the official said.

Dozens of Islamists calling for Tunisia's brothels to be closed had rallied outside the interior ministry following Friday prayers before marching to Abdallah Guech Street.

"No to prostitution houses in a Muslim country!" they shouted.

Some brandished posters claiming "Closing houses of prostitution is an obligation."

"We cannot accept that women are treated like goods. We demand the closure of all kinds of prostitution houses in Tunisia," 20-year-old protester Anas told AFP, claiming the rally had been organized "spontaneously".

"Arab tourists come to Tunisia especially to visit these brothels," said Anas, adding that such establishments had already been closed in other parts of the country.

"It's a shame for all Arab Muslim countries to allow these houses to remain open," said 24-year-old student Mounir.

The protesters included women, some wearing veils -- a rarity in Tunisia -- while others sported tight jeans.

As well as the Medina area other prostitutes ply their services at Tunis cafes, charging fees that never go beyond 20 dinars (10 euros, $14).

The protest came as Tunisia remains volatile following the mass protests that ousted president Zine El Abidine Ben Ali a month ago.

http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2011/02/18/138208.html

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarkatuhu

Mashallah, this is very good news. Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for sharing this news with us.Like of one of the protestants said it is really a shame that these kind of things are legalised in Muslim countries. The authority of these countries should fear Allah.

May Allah halp to Muslims in Tunis, as well other Muslim countries, that one day they establish the Shariah Law. Ameen Ya Rabby

:wasalam:

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Yes they closed down in the capital and looks forward to close one more which was repelled by security forces.

Perseveranze

Asalaamu Alaikum,

I am shocked, I didn't even know such a thing was happening in so called Muslim countries. How far astray have peopl gone...

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

What can I say.

Yes, prostitution is wrong from the get-go. However, it will remain with us. There is a need and there is a response.

By shutting down the brothels it displaces women with no skills on the street. So now we will have street level prostitution. This will only increase crime and diseases.

It seems wierd during a revolution that women would be targeted.
Is there a place for the women to go. Who will provide these women with a skill to earn money.

What an opportunity to assist the helpless.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalaam walaikum,

What can I say.

Yes, prostitution is wrong from the get-go. However, it will remain with us. There is a need and there is a response.

By shutting down the brothels it displaces women with no skills on the street. So now we will have street level prostitution. This will only increase crime and diseases.

It seems wierd during a revolution that women would be targeted.
Is there a place for the women to go. Who will provide these women with a skill to earn money.

What an opportunity to assist the helpless.

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarkatuhu

Dear sister, can I ask you to please explain litlle closer your reply Inshallah, as I did not understood it?

May Allah reword you.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Forgive my wording sister. Let me try to be clear.

What I was trying to say was simply this:

We know that prostitution is wrong. But it is economic slavery. And it will not go away.
The victims of prostitution are in this case women. These women have nowhere to make money to survive. They would be reduced to women who walk on the streets to sell the rights to their bodies. It becomes very dangerous for the safety of these women.

I was hoping that there are good Muslims who would provide for these destitute women and show them charity and love.

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
:salam2:

They should repent sincerely to Allah, then Allah will make their path easy and Guide them on to the straight path. Hunger can not be an excuse for prostitution in Islam. If they sincerely repent then if Allah wills then He will provide them with shelter, protection, a good husband, etc. But if they do not repent and carry on with the crime, then which man would go and ask them for marriage ? But if they turn back to the right path then there might be righteous brothers willing to accept them and there are options for widowed/divorced or brothers who wants to take 2nd wife, etc.

B.H.

Yes, we are to trust Allah the greatest, but it also says in the Quran we are to try to make things easy for others too does it not?

If prostitution is outlawed as I agree it should, then we must put our foots down and make sure these women have their basic needs met.

We cannot be like a lot of people in America for instance who say they think abortion is murder, but would not give a poor pregnant woman a dollar to buy food or the time of day to help her and her future child in any way.

justoneofmillion

Yes, we are to trust Allah the greatest, but it also says in the Quran we are to try to make things easy for others too does it not?

If prostitution is outlawed as I agree it should, then we must put our foots down and make sure these women have their basic needs met.
:salam2:First,you guys are cute,May allah azza wa jall protect You all.

Second, B.H and Appa I Agree,and this comes through institutional reforms aka Rule of law,accountability..etc which will lead to a just distribution and sharing of wealth,inshallah and not to forget Good Islamic Tarbiya to bring a balance between the spiritual and material dimensions in the individual's collective awarenesses,this is the middle way, this is Islam!(A lot of brothers who had the credentials and inspiration to do that used to be jailed and tortured,now they are out,and they can do proper Dawah ,which is more powerful than any weapon out there as it unmistakably targets the hearts).Those of us who think that Allah swt has missed to stress upon the Financial side of human life are mistaking.It is a little more complicated than that.May Allah swt help all the Muslims.

Like Ghandi said:There is enough for everyone's need but not enough for everyone's greed.

PS.I will post more inshallah on the subject when I have time.

Abu Talib

Feeling low

They should repent sincerely to Allah, then Allah will make their path easy and Guide them on to the straight path. Hunger can not be an excuse for prostitution in Islam. If they sincerely repent then if Allah wills then He will provide them with shelter, protection, a good husband, etc. But if they do not repent and carry on with the crime, then which man would go and ask them for marriage ? But if they turn back to the right path then there might be righteous brothers willing to accept them and there are options for widowed/divorced or brothers who wants to take 2nd wife, etc.

Wa'alaykumassalam Wa Rahmatullahi

Yes akhee, It should not be made an excuse for hunger. Surely Allaah is provider and sustainer so we should put our whole trust and have patience.
Being in need or being poor are not acceptable excuses for transgressing the limits set by Allaah. There is an old saying that the free woman would rather starve than eat by displaying her breasts, so how about her private parts then?

Rafi b. Khadij (Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: The worst earning is the earning of a prostitute, the price of a dog and the earning of a cupper.

I hope these woman repent and Inshaa'Allah they will be provided with whatever they want to lead a life.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalaam walaikum,

Forgive my wording sister. Let me try to be clear.

What I was trying to say was simply this:

We know that prostitution is wrong. But it is economic slavery. And it will not go away.
The victims of prostitution are in this case women. These women have nowhere to make money to survive. They would be reduced to women who walk on the streets to sell the rights to their bodies. It becomes very dangerous for the safety of these women.

I was hoping that there are good Muslims who would provide for these destitute women and show them charity and love.

Wa Allaicumu saalam wa raahmatullah wa baarkatuhu

It is fine dear sister, and may Allah reword you for explaining me better your opinion, but I need to note that prostitution is great sin in Islaam and by that it is not excuse for hunger. Allah is The Only Provider and He is giving us from Him how much He wishes,and those women should try to be patinete and try to repent to Allah subhan wa tela. if they honestly repent to Allah, He will help them, they can try to find halal job or Allah can bless them with good husband who can give them home and his protection. And Allah knows the best.

May Allah guide us all to the right path. Ameen

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister, I am in agreement that prostitution is a sin. Many women become prostitutes because they have no other options. They have no education nor families nor skills.

I was thinking it would be good to have a program where they could find a better way to make a living. Sister, hunger makes many do what they wish they did not have to do.

My point being when you burn down the house of someone have a plan for them. Otherwise it is senseless.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

In this case it is good to remember that some of those women in Tunisia (and other muslim countries too) may not be muslims at all.

International "protitution-slavery" business made by mafia is common problem in many other countries too. Some of those might be kidnapped from they original countries or they just have answered to some job announcements which has told some other kind of job. Then later they employer has took they passport away and forced them to be as prostitutes.

Closing brothels might help them, but I see it is necessary that officers of country make this kind of things co-operating with other countries and international organizations.

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

Yes they should be first called to or given reminder about Islam and then remind them of what they used to is Haraam. If they agree and repent then the people should gather and try to help them out. Because this is a Mercy from Allah, otherwise under an established shariah we all know about the punishments. So the people should accept this as a Mercy and Chance.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Yes, sister it is a humanitarian issue. We are talking about little girls who have been thrown into an evil world. We have to have options for them. It is an inclusive issue of enjoining what is right.

We can not always point fingers and say you are a sinner because you sin...we are all sinners...we can however say these are the ways out of your world..let me show you...