Two Earthquakes in Makkah (Dream)

John Smith

:salam:

I hope & pray all my brothers & sisters are well & in good faith.

Just wanted to ask a question regarding dreams.

My eldest son this morning mentioned his dream to me.

He is 5 years old & in his dream he saw 2 earthquakes in Makkah,i know of the hadith of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) about the earthquakes that will strike Makkah & Madinah to expel all the hypocrites that reside there,is there any significance to his dream or any meanings we should look for?.

:asalam:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum

Dear brother hope you are well!

Firstly, any meanings or significance should be balanced with knowing that dreams can also be from our thoughts and have no "meaning". It's a powerful dream for a child to have at such a young age though. In Islam, good dreams should be shared, whilst bad dreams, in most cases should not be.

I am no expert in dream interpretation! I think his dream can have a meaning based on the hadith you mentioned about hypocrites, however like most dreams, it would just be a reminder that we should strengthen ourselves in the Deen and become better people.

In one way, the dream from your five year old son, has benefitted us by being shared. It results in our discussion, and remembering of Allah subhana wa ta'ala. It makes us think about our own futures, our hearts and sincerity. If there was anything from the dream, then surely this is one of them.

Hadith - Bukhari 2:468, Narrated Samura bin Jundab (radhiyallahu anhu)"
Whenever the Prophet :saw: finished the (morning) prayer, he would face us and ask, "Who amongst you had a dream last night?" So if anyone had seen a dream he would narrate it. The Prophet would say: "Ma shaa' Allah"

May Allah keep us on the right way and steadfast as Muslims, amin

wasalam

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
salam 'alikum brother,your son has surely got a good education about Islam,but it's only a child and he can have watched a movie or a cartoon where there was an earthquake...in each case,it's a good dream,the "quake" is something inner which wants to come out,so it do its best to shake.the Mekka is the starting point of musloms,the place tha millions of muslims visit,and an earthquake,seems to be the fear tha this "stability" will end,but it will start something new.the child maybe is realising that he's growing up.don't take my words as the truth,but just give an explication to it.