Two questions..need help

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:

I hope this post finds everyone in the best of health and iman ,inshaAllah.
I have two questions,kindly help me in providing answers. :jazaak:

1) Can we go against Allah's wish?
2)Why is Allah called a He?

:jazaak:

:wasalam:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

1. a person may do what Allah do not wish like shirk and murder. but whatever a person do, it is by the Will of Allah. and the person is responsible for his acts.

2. as generally, male is dominant gender in the society...we use He for Allah though Allah is neither male nor female. Allah is far High above this!

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

1. a person may do what Allah do not wish like shirk and murder. but whatever a person do, it is by the Will of Allah. and the person is responsible for his acts.

:jazaak: for your reply brother.Could you explain a bit further,is there a difference between wish and will of Allah?Also I read in a hadith that a person is assisted what has been written down for him ,like a person continues doing deeds of people of hellfire,until that which is written for him is overcome and he starts doing deeds of people of heaven and vice versa.So if Allah wills someone to be in hell,how is that person responsible for it,since it is Allah's will that he be in hell?

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Ok,I guess I figured it out,a person may go against what Allah wishes by disobeying Allah and rebelling against Him,but a person can never go against Allah;'s will and Allah wills not to guide the rebellious and defiantly disobedient.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
:jazaak:

tariq353

:jazaak: for your reply brother.Could you explain a bit further,is there a difference between wish and will of Allah?Also I read in a hadith that a person is assisted what has been written down for him ,like a person continues doing deeds of people of hellfire,until that which is written for him is overcome and he starts doing deeds of people of heaven and vice versa.So if Allah wills someone to be in hell,how is that person responsible for it,since it is Allah's will that he be in hell?

Brother your question is slightly related to destiny.....in sha allah this will explain part of your question.

[nyt]95lh2Dtt4eA[/nyt]​

PS-After looking at your signature i believe you understand urdu/hindi.

wa salam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Excellent video. In less than three minutes he explained it so well I learned. Excellent video.

As to the question of can we go against Allah's wishes. We are given limited free will. We know the consequences of exercising our free will. The Day of Judgment is real as is Hellfire. We are given numerous chances to return to Him and ask for forgiveness. He has no need of us. We are in need of worshiping Him, and Him alone do we supplicate.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Wa alaikum as salam,

[nyt]Rh7vjv33PBQ[/nyt]​
Brother your question is slightly related to destiny.....in sha allah this will explain part of your question.

[nyt]95lh2Dtt4eA[/nyt]​

PS-After looking at your signature i believe you understand urdu/hindi.

wa salam

:jazaak: brother for your replies,it really helped me a lot,alhamdulillah.
About the second video tell me if I got it correctly,something is written for us not because we ARE going to do this but because we WILL do it ,it is written. We are solely responsible for our actions.I have read hadith about someone for who did deeds of people of hellfire and then that which was written for him was crossed and he started to do deeds of people of paradise,also that one is assisted in doing what is written for him/her.Is that free will?

Wa alaikum as salam,

[nyt]Rh7vjv33PBQ[/nyt]​

Assalaam walaikum,

Excellent video. In less than three minutes he explained it so well I learned. Excellent video.

As to the question of can we go against Allah's wishes. We are given limited free will. We know the consequences of exercising our free will. The Day of Judgment is real as is Hellfire. We are given numerous chances to return to Him and ask for forgiveness. He has no need of us. We are in need of worshiping Him, and Him alone do we supplicate.

:jazaak: for your reply sister.Indeed Allah has the RIGHT to be worshipped alone without any partners and we are in need of Him.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
:jazaak: brother for your replies,it really helped me a lot,alhamdulillah.
About the second video tell me if I got it correctly,something is written for us not because we ARE going to do this but because we WILL do it ,it is written. We are solely responsible for our actions.I have read hadith about someone for who did deeds of people of hellfire and then that which was written for him was crossed and he started to do deeds of people of paradise,also that one is assisted in doing what is written for him/her.Is that free will?

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu

I wished to ask the same question dear brother, but as you have already asked, I hope Inshallah some more knowledgable brother and sister can answer this question. :shymuslima1:

I think you are refering on this Hadeeth dear brother: " We were in the company of the Prophet in a funeral procession at Baqi Al-Gharqad. He said, "There is none of you but has his place written for him in Paradise or in the Hell- Fire." They said, "O Allah's Apostle! Shall we depend (on this fact and give up work)?" He said, "Carry on doing (good deeds), for everybody will find it easy to do (what will lead him to his destined place)." Then he recited "As for him who gives (in charity) and keeps his duty to Allah, and believes in the Best reward from Allah (i.e. Allah will compensate him for what he will spend in Allah's way). So, We will make smooth for him the path of ease. But he who is a greedy miser...for him, the path for evil." ( Saheeh Bukhari)

May Allah bless you

Wa allaicumu saalam wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

tariq353

As salamu alaikum,

Sister Asja

Saheeh Bukhari
Volume 6, Book 60, Number 469:
Narrated 'Ali:
We were in the company of the Prophet in a funeral procession at Baqi Al-Gharqad. He said, "There is none of you but has his place written for him in Paradise or in the Hell- Fire." They said, "O Allah's Apostle! Shall we depend (on this fact and give up work)?" He said, "Carry on doing (good deeds), for every body will find it easy to do (what will lead him to his destined place)
." Then he re-cited: 'As for him who gives (in charity) and keeps his duty to Allah, and believes in the Best reward from Allah (i.e. Allah will compensate him for what he will spend in Allah's way). So, We will make smooth for him the path of ease. But he who is a greedy miser....for him, the path for evil.' (92.5-10)

This hadith has got two parts
a-The words of Holy prophet :saw:
b-Verses of Surah al layl (surah 92)recited by him.
5. As for he who gives and fears Allah
6. And believes in the best [reward],
7. We will ease him toward ease.
8. But as for he who withholds and considers himself free of need
9. And denies the best [reward],
10. We will ease him toward difficulty.

In part 'a' its clear companions too took these words literally and questioned should we give up doing work (if already written).....Prophet :saw: corrected them and asked them to carry on good deeds. Then he recited Quranic verses.

-:And Allah knows Best:-

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
As salamu alaikum,

Sister Asja

Saheeh Bukhari
Narrated 'Ali:
We were in the company of the Prophet in a funeral procession at Baqi Al-Gharqad. He said, "There is none of you but has his place written for him in Paradise or in the Hell- Fire." They said, "O Allah's Apostle! Shall we depend (on this fact and give up work)?" He said, "Carry on doing (good deeds), for every body will find it easy to do (what will lead him to his destined place)
." Then he re-cited: 'As for him who gives (in charity) and keeps his duty to Allah, and believes in the Best reward from Allah (i.e. Allah will compensate him for what he will spend in Allah's way). So, We will make smooth for him the path of ease. But he who is a greedy miser....for him, the path for evil.' (92.5-10)

In part 'a' its clear companions too took these words literally and questioned should we give up doing work (if already written).....Prophet :saw: corrected them and asked them to carry on good deeds. Then he recited Quranic verses.

Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for your explination, MashAllah.

I hope Inshallah some brother or sister can share their knowledge on this Hadeeth, as there is again mentioned in Hadeeth that our Prophet sallahu alayha wa salam said: " what will lead him to his destined place". On what does " destined place" here refers?

And Allah subhan wa teala knows the best.

uddim004

:salam2:i remember when i was younger and thinking of this question but couldn't find an answer- thanks for this.

Wannabemuslim

:salam2: This probably wont help the answer the question to much, but i found it goes on with the subject and is interesting. I went on one a different islamic forum where someone was sharing some islamic comics. one of them went like this.

Basicly there is scholar and someone asks him the question "what is the difference between free will and destiny"

The scholar answers "lift up your left leg", the person asking the question does so, then the scholar told him "this is free will"

Now the scholar tells him "lift up your right leg at the same time", the man asking said he could not as he would fall the scholar told him "this is destiny".

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

I wished to ask the same question dear brother, but as you have already asked, I hope Inshallah some more knowledgable brother and sister can answer this question. :shymuslima1:

I think you are refering on this Hadeeth dear brother: " We were in the company of the Prophet in a funeral procession at Baqi Al-Gharqad. He said, "There is none of you but has his place written for him in Paradise or in the Hell- Fire." They said, "O Allah's Apostle! Shall we depend (on this fact and give up work)?" He said, "Carry on doing (good deeds), for everybody will find it easy to do (what will lead him to his destined place)." Then he recited "As for him who gives (in charity) and keeps his duty to Allah, and believes in the Best reward from Allah (i.e. Allah will compensate him for what he will spend in Allah's way). So, We will make smooth for him the path of ease. But he who is a greedy miser...for him, the path for evil." ( Saheeh Bukhari)

May Allah bless you

Wa alaikumassalaam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu,
That is exactly the hdith I am talking about sister!:jazaak: alhamdulillah.

As salamu alaikum,

Sister Asja

Saheeh Bukhari
Narrated 'Ali:

Wa alaikumassalaam,
:jazaak: for your explanation brother.I have also read verses in Qur'an that say Allah does not guide the fasiqun(defiantly disobedient).

I hope Inshallah some brother or sister can share their knowledge on this Hadeeth, as there is again mentioned in Hadeeth that our Prophet sallahu alayha wa salam said: " what will lead him to his destined place". On what does " destined place" here refers?

Wa alikumassalaam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu,
I hope the same sister,inshaAllah.

:salam2:i remember when i was younger and thinking of this question but couldn't find an answer- thanks for this.

wa alikumassalaam
Yeah,me too,I have tried a lot to grasp this concept,sometimes I think I figured it out but then again I find myself stuck.

:salam2: This probably wont help the answer the question to much, but i found it goes on with the subject and is interesting. I went on one a different islamic forum where someone was sharing some islamic comics. one of them went like this.

Basicly there is scholar and someone asks him the question "what is the difference between free will and destiny"

The scholar answers "lift up your left leg", the person asking the question does so, then the scholar told him "this is free will"

Now the scholar tells him "lift up your right leg at the same time", the man asking said he could not as he would fall the scholar told him "this is destiny".
Jazakallah Khayr for sharing brother.This helped alhamdulillah.

wa alikumassalaam,
Jazakallah Khayr for the vieo brother,I will watch it inshaAllah.My internet connection is really slow,so it takes a lot of time to buffer.

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic

2)Why is Allah called a He?

:jazaak:[/COLOR]

Allah says: “He created the pairs, male and female.” [Sûrah al-Najm: 45]

Allah is the Creator of both sexes. We do not attribute being male or being female to Allah. We only describe Allah as He describes himself or as His Prophet (peace be upon him) describes Him.

The primary reason that the pronoun “He” is used to refer to Allah is that He chooses to use the pronoun for Himself.

It is also in conformity with the dictates of the Arabic language in which the Qur’ân was revealed. Indeed, Allah says: “Verily this is a revelation from the Lord of the Worlds. With it came down the Faithful Spirit to your heart – so that you may be among those who give warning – in a clear Arabic tongue.” [Sûrah al-Shu`arâ’: 192-195]

In the Arabic language, there in no pronoun with a neutral gender equivalent to the English “it”. (Even in English, this neutral gendered pronoun is not to be used for beings possessing the attributes of knowledge, power and will. In English, it would be a sign of disrespect to use the pronoun “it” in such a context.)

In Arabic, when the gender of the subject is unknown or unspecified or when the subject is plural and contains both male and female individuals, the masculine pronoun will be used. In Arabic, the masculine pronoun is the default pronoun. It does not have to imply masculinity. It can be used by a speaker without masculinity being intended

By contrast, female pronouns like “she” in Arabic are used exclusively when the subject is female. Feminine pronouns cannot be used in any other context. Therefore, it is obvious why the pronoun “she” would not be used to refer to Allah, since that would indeed be specifying a gender.

And Allah knows best.

Islamtoday

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

Allah says: “He created the pairs, male and female.” [Sûrah al-Najm: 45]

Allah is the Creator of both sexes. We do not attribute being male or being female to Allah. We only describe Allah as He describes himself or as His Prophet (peace be upon him) describes Him.

The primary reason that the pronoun “He” is used to refer to Allah is that He chooses to use the pronoun for Himself.

It is also in conformity with the dictates of the Arabic language in which the Qur’ân was revealed. Indeed, Allah says: “Verily this is a revelation from the Lord of the Worlds. With it came down the Faithful Spirit to your heart – so that you may be among those who give warning – in a clear Arabic tongue.” [Sûrah al-Shu`arâ’: 192-195]

In the Arabic language, there in no pronoun with a neutral gender equivalent to the English “it”. (Even in English, this neutral gendered pronoun is not to be used for beings possessing the attributes of knowledge, power and will. In English, it would be a sign of disrespect to use the pronoun “it” in such a context.)

In Arabic, when the gender of the subject is unknown or unspecified or when the subject is plural and contains both male and female individuals, the masculine pronoun will be used. In Arabic, the masculine pronoun is the default pronoun. It does not have to imply masculinity. It can be used by a speaker without masculinity being intended

By contrast, female pronouns like “she” in Arabic are used exclusively when the subject is female. Feminine pronouns cannot be used in any other context. Therefore, it is obvious why the pronoun “she” would not be used to refer to Allah, since that would indeed be specifying a gender.

And Allah knows best.

Islamtoday

:jazaak: for your response.I saw in the viddeo brother tariq gave that there are certain rules to classify female gender.Are there any rules to classify male genders?Would it be correct to say that since Allah does not satisfy any of the criteria satisfied by those used grammatically for female gender so by default(grammatically speaking) it is male which is default for any object whose gender is not known?

:jazaak: for your efforts.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Wa alaikumassalaam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu,
That is exactly the hdith I am talking about sister!:jazaak: alhamdulillah.

Wa alikumassalaam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu,
I hope the same sister,inshaAllah.

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu dear brother

I aslo hope Inshallah some brothers and sisters can explain and know the meaning of this Hadeeth.?

Jazzak Allah khair :tti_sister:

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com

I wished to ask the same question dear brother, but as you have already asked, I hope Inshallah some more knowledgeable brother and sister can answer this question. :shymuslima1:

May Allah bless you

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu dear brother

I aslo hope Inshallah some brothers and sisters can explain and know the meaning of this Hadeeth.?

Jazzak Allah khair :tti_sister:

Wa'alaikum as’salaam wa rahmatullaah wa Barakaatuh

The hadith is self-explanatory, although other hadiths exist that support it as well. Basically its talking about Qadr (decree) vs predestination. The destined place in question is hell or heaven.

Hadith - Bukhari, Narrated Anas bin Malik
The Prophet
saaws-long.gif
said, "Allah has appointed an angel in the womb, and the angel says, 'O Lord! A drop of discharge (i.e. of semen), O Lord! a clot, O Lord! a piece of flesh.' And then, if Allah wishes to complete the child's creation, the angel will say. 'O Lord! A male or a female? O Lord! wretched or blessed (in religion)? What will his livelihood be? What will his age be?' The angel writes all this while the child is in the womb of its mother."

Hadith - Sahih Bukhari 6:469, Narrated 'Ali
We were in the company of the Prophet
saaws-long.gif
in a funeral procession at Baqi Al-Gharqad. He
saaws-long.gif
said, "There is none of you but has his place written for him in Paradise or in the Hell- Fire." They said, "O Allah's Apostle! Shall we depend (on this fact and give up work)?" He
saaws-long.gif
said, "Carry on doing (good deeds), for everybody will find it easy to do (what will lead him to his destined place)." Then he recited "As for him who gives (in charity) and keeps his duty to Allah, and believes in the Best reward from Allah (i.e. Allah will compensate him for what he will spend in Allah's way). So, We will make smooth for him the path of ease. But he who is a greedy miser...for him, the path for evil." (92.5-10)

It's topic best not to divulge in too much...

Hadith - Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah, Narrated 'Aisha
I heard Allah's Messenger
saaws-long.gif
saying: He who discusses about the Divine Decree (al-Qadr) will be answerable for it on the Day of Resurrection and he who observes silence about it, will not be answerable for it.

Here is some reading and videos on the topic if you wish to learn more but I would avoid discussions on it as it will be of little benefit.

http://islamweb.net/emainpage/index.php?page=articles&id=97118

http://muttaqun.com/qadar.html

[yt]p5LcLx8T53o[/yt]

[yt]_zuMHGnIQgs[/yt]

[yt]5q0EEhtlcaY[/yt]

[yt]04Ac2FBOHG8[/yt]

[yt]LP-2VSAmBUs[/yt]

[yt]x9PhjFq80hQ[/yt]

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Wa'alaikum as’salaam wa rahmatullaah wa Barakaatuh

The hadith is self-explanatory, although other hadiths exist that support it as well. Basically its talking about Qadr (decree) vs predestination. The destined place in question is hell or heaven.

Here is some reading and videos on the topic if you wish to learn more but I would avoid discussions on it as it will be of little benefit.

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatulah wa baarakatuhu

I did not wished to make disscussion dear brother with my question, but my intention was only to understand this hadeeth, as it is not understdable comletely to me, and Allah knows the best.

I know that Allah subhan wa teala has already written destiny for all of us,but also Allah sais in Quran that every human being is responsable by himselfe for his own deeds, as if it is not this case than Allah would not reward some of Muslims Inshallah with Jannah and punish others with Jahannam if it is not thier will. That is why I do not understnad brother, why our Prophet sallahu alayha wa saalam said in this Hadeeth that for everyone of us is already destined place in Jannah or Jahannam???

I know that the terms Qadhaa' and Qadar are closely related with each other and that they can not go one without each other. Like one Sheikh of Islaam has explained the meaning of Qadhaa' and Qadar is like if one engineer would constract plan for building and that this is example of Qadar. But final plans is making the builder of house, but still everything on the end is will of Allah. And Allah can change our destiny with us making duas to Him, give sadaqa to prevent soemthing to happen to us what has been already predestined by Allah.

Is this meaning of this Hadeeth dear brother?

Jazzak Allah khair and may Allah reward you for your answer. :tti_sister: