Video Tyson when he was a Good Muslim

proud muslim

Assalamu alaikum,

well ...mike tyson isnt a very good example of muslims in the US ...i saw once a comment on this video where the commentor was sayin "it seems like all criminals are turning out to Islam " mentioning micheal jackson too ...its so sad to judge Islam by its followers....may Allah guide us all to his true path ameen

Assalamu alaikum

Assalamu alaikum,

its so sad to judge Islam by its followers

Assalamu alaikum

I sort of disagree with that statement to an extent. Of course reading the Quran and Sunnahs of the Prophet (saw) is the best starting point to know about Islam. But isn't a Muslims action really suppose to be based on Islam? Sometimes you do have to make conclusions based on its followers (of course Tyson is not the greatest example) just as with comparing any other religion. I can tell the difference on how a Muslim acts vs. how a Christian acts.

Of course that doesn't mean every Muslim follows Islam correctly (May Allah help and guide them), but a true pious Muslim person's action can be used as a prime example of Islam. And there are many great Muslims that follow the religion correctly and if you want I can get you their names.

FYI,
I think Mike Tyson changed his name to Malek Abdl Aziz

walaakum salaam

proud muslim

Assalamu alaikum,

u r right brother..what i meant is that its unfair to judge a whole religion by some bad actions of some of its followers as we r human beings and we are'nt perfect ..besides those who try to picture Islam as a Terrorist religion usually like those kinda examples and try to spread them amongst those who know nthn about our religion... although there are many other good examples of muslims.. but unfortunately they arent very much known for non-muslims...so what im tryin to say is..it wud be much better for us to search for the original sources of anything we wanna know about other than just judging on it according to what we heard or what someone said

Assalamu alaikum