Unforgivable Sin

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

It wasn't untill yesterday that i found out that there are two unforgivable sins.

- First unforgivable sin is to have a partner associated with Allah in warship.

(4:48)Verily, Allâh forgives not that partners should be set up with Him (in worship), but He forgives except that (anything else) to whom He wills; and whoever sets up partners with Allâh in worship, he has indeed invented a tremendous sin.[]

- Second unforgivable sin is to commit suicide.

Narrated by Jundub: The Prophet (SAW) said, "A man was inflicted with wounds and he commited suicide, and so Allah said: My slave has caused death on himself hurriedly, so I forbid Paradise for him."

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (RA): The Prophet (SAW) said, "He who commits suicide by throttling shall keep on throttling himself in the Hell-fire (forever), and he who commits suicide by stabbing himself, he shall keep stabbing himself in the Hell-fire (forever)."

And Allah knows best.

Almeftah

Who is the Holy Spirit?

LETS RETURN TO OUR MAIN POINT

What is the Holy Spirit?

From what i read in Interpretation of the Holy Quran.

The Holy Spirit is Gabriel (Jibreel Alaihisalam).

* تفسير Tafsir al-Jalalayn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ قُلْ نَزَّلَهُ رُوحُ ٱلْقُدُسِ مِن رَّبِّكَ بِٱلْحَقِّ لِيُثَبِّتَ ٱلَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ وَهُدًى وَبُشْرَىٰ لِلْمُسْلِمِينَ }

Say, to them: ‘The Holy Spirit, Gabriel, has revealed it from your Lord with truth (bi’l-haqq, this is semantically connected to nazzala, ‘he [Gabriel] has revealed [it]’) to confirm [the faith of] those who believe, by their believing in it [when it is revealed], and as guidance and good tidings for those who have submitted [to God]’.

I have also read the Tafsir by Shaikh Tabari (May Allah Have mercy on him)..
That All agreed that the Holy Spirit is Jibreel Alaihisalam.

sandra canada

Laa ilaha illa Allah
From what i read in Interpretation of the Holy Quran.

The Holy Spirit is Gabriel (Jibreel Alaihisalam).

I have also read the Tafsir by Shaikh Tabari (May Allah Have mercy on him)..
That All agreed that the Holy Spirit is Jibreel Alaihisalam.

:shymuslima1: thanks for ur reply on me brother BoMESHARY I KNOW AR ROUH AL AMEEN jibreel pbuh i am asking Hellbraker this question:shymuslima1:

hellbraker

Thank you all for showing your care and love.Especially to sister Sandra,I dont know why,but I think I have special relation to her.Hee! Love u always my sister and thank you for teaching me,.God will bless you.Im sure.

hellbraker

LETS RETURN TO OUR MAIN POINT

What is the Holy Spirit?
Sorry sister,I did not see your post asking what is the spirit.I only saw till page 2.
Well,Sister I have already said that I dont know the meaning of the Spirit in the Bible.But I think I have a pretty fair idea(I know religion is not based on ideas but faith,but still!) of what the Spirit is according to Jesus:
John 3:8 Only God's Spirit gives new life.The Spirit is like the wind that blows wherever it wants to.You can hear the wind,but you don't know where it comes from or where it is going.

John 6:60 Many of Jesus' disciples heared him and said, "This is too hard for anyone to understand."
(61) Jesus knew that his disciples were grumbling. So he asked, "Does this bother you? (62) What if you should see the Son of Man go up to heaven where he came from?(63) The Spirit is the one who gives life! Human strength can do nothing.The words that I have spoken to you are from that life-giving Spirit.
(63) But some of you refuse to have faith in me."

John 7:37 On the last and most important day of the festival,Jesus stood up and shouted, "If you are thirsty, come to me and drink! (38) Have faith in me, and you will have life-giving water flowing from deep inside you, just as the Scripture say". (39) Jesus was talking about the Holy Spirit, who would be given to everyone that had faith in him.The Spirit had not yet been given to anyone, since Jesus had not yet been given his full glory,

John 14:15 Jesus said to his disciples:
If you love me you will do as I command.(16) Then I will ask the Father to send you the Holy Spirit who will help you and always be with you.The Spirit will show you what is true.The people of this world cannot accept the Spirit,beacause they don't see or know him.But you know the Spirit, who is with you and will keep on living in you.

John 16:7 But I tell you that I am going to do what is best for you. That is why I am going away. The Holy Spirit cannot come to help you until I leave. But after I am gone, I will send the Spirit to you.
(8) The Spirit will come and show the people of this world the truth about sin and God's justice and the judgment. (9) The Spirit will show them that they are wrong about sin, because they didn't have faith in me.

John 16:12 I have much more to say to you, but right now it would be more than you could understand. (13) The Spirit shows what is true and will come and guide you into the full truth. The Spirit doesn't speak on his own. He will tell you only what he has heard from me, and he will let you know what is going to happen. (14) The Spirit will bring glory to me by taking my message and telling it to you. (15) Everything that the Father has is mine. That is why I have said that the Spirit takes my message and tells it to you.

In 1 Corinthians 12 you will see some examples of Spiritual Gifts such as widom,knowledge, to speak different languages etc..

Galatians 5:19 People's desires make them give in to immoral ways, filthy thoughts, and shameful deeds. (20) They worship idols, practice witchcraft, hate others, and are hard to get along with. People become jealous, angry, and selfish. They not only argue and cause trouble, but they are (21) envious. They get drunk, carry on at wild parties, and do other evil things as well. I told you before, and I am telling you again: No one who does these things will share in the blessings of God's kingdom.
(22)God's Spirit makes us loving, happy, peaceful, patient, kind, good, faithful, (23)gentle, and self-controlled. There is no law against behaving in any of these ways. (24)And because we belong to Christ Jesus, we have killed our selfish feelings and desires. (25)God's Spirit has given us life, and so we should follow the Spirit. (26)But don't be conceited or make others jealous by claiming to be better than they are

I hope you have now understood what's Holy Spirit and what does it do.

Thank u all
Peace be with you

Stefana

Ok people let me break it down 4 u since i was once roman caltholic I SHOULD KNOW!!!!!lol The bible or corrupted bible says that god comes in 3 forms his first is the father (the one who resides in heaven)the second is the son (jesus)or so called....the 3rd one is the holy spirit it is (in the christian faith) it is god inside u like ur a believer his spirit is inside u thats how ur able to love god and do good and stuff like that I hope i helped.

Allhumdulliah:tti_sister:

sandra canada

Laa ilaha illa Allah
Thank you all for showing your care and love.Especially to sister Sandra,I dont know why,but I think I have special relation to her.Hee! Love u always my sister and thank you for teaching me,.God will bless you.Im sure.

:hijabi: Thank you for ur comment
May Allah Direct you to the right Path and be REAL BROTHER!
:shymuslima1:

sandra canada

Laa ilaha illa Allah
Ok people let me break it down 4 u since i was once roman caltholic I SHOULD KNOW!!!!!lol The bible or corrupted bible says that god comes in 3 forms his first is the father (the one who resides in heaven)the second is the son (jesus)or so called....the 3rd one is the holy spirit it is (in the christian faith) it is god inside u like ur a believer his spirit is inside u thats how ur able to love god and do good and stuff like that I hope i helped.

Allhumdulliah:tti_sister:

Thanks lotttt for replying you r so nice sister May Allah enter You Farddos:hijabi:

sandra canada

Laa ilaha illa Allah
I hope you have now understood what's Holy Spirit and what does it do.

:

for sure :hijabi:

You Didn't Answer Me!!

What is the Holy Spirit?

Read Matthew 1:18
. "Now the birth of Jesus Christ was in this way: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost."

Compare this with Luke 1:26-27

"And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, to a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary."

In Jesus' miraculous birth Matthew mentioned the Holy Ghost and Luke mentioned the angel Gabriel. What is the Holy Ghost?

The Holy Ghost is the Angel Gabriel.

Read How Allah mentioned Gabriel in the Quran

Al-Baqara 97-98

Say: Whoever is an enemy to Gabriel-for he brings down the (revelation) to thy heart by Allah's will, a confirmation of what went before and guidance and glad tidings for those who believe.― (97) Whoever is an enemy to Allah and His angels and prophets to Gabriel and Michael-Lo! Allah is an enemy to those who reject faith. (98)

At-Tahrim 4
If ye two turn in repentance to Him, your hearts are indeed so inclined; but if ye back up each other against him, truly Allah is his Protector, and Gabriel, and (every) righteous one among those who believe― and furthermore, the angels― will back (him) up.

Then God is God and the Holy Ghost or the Holy Spirit is the angel Gabriel, and Jesus is ...

Jesus is a prophet, the son of Mary.

please visit this link

How was Jesus (‘Eesaa) pbuh created?

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=231429#post231429

hellbraker

Sister Sandra,thank you for ur post.It did help me.But still,I have a lot of questions.Sorry...!
If the Holy Spirit was the angel Gabriel,then why would Jesus say that the Holy Spirit would be given to anyone who has faith in Him?Was he talking about Gabriel?
He said Holy Spirit is like a wind,where you can hear it but you cannot know(see),where it comes from or goes.Was he talking about angel Gabriel?
He said the Holy Spirit will be always with us.Does that mean angel Gabriel is always with us?
He said,the Holy Spirit cannot speak on its own,and will only speak what It has heard from Him.Was it angel Gabriel he was mentioning?

It is interesting(for me) to note that,The Holy Quran states that Gabriel blowed through the neck of Marayam's garment and this breath went down and entered her womb.Now,when you blow through your mouth,what happens.You get a light wind.This is what(for me) Jesus said.He said The Holy Spirit is like a wind.

Sister Im sorry,if Im making you annoyed or something.I know Im asking a lot of questions.Please say,if this is how u feel.

But still you may be right.
Thank you
Peace be with you

sandra canada

Laa ilaha illa Allah
Sister Sandra,thank you for ur post.It did help me.But still,I have a lot of questions.Sorry...!
If the Holy Spirit was the angel Gabriel,then why would Jesus say that the Holy Spirit would be given to anyone who has faith in Him?Was he talking about Gabriel?
He said Holy Spirit is like a wind,where you can hear it but you cannot know(see),where it comes from or goes.Was he talking about angel Gabriel?
He said the Holy Spirit will be always with us.Does that mean angel Gabriel is always with us?
He said,the Holy Spirit cannot speak on its own,and will only speak what It has heard from Him.Was it angel Gabriel he was mentioning?

It is interesting(for me) to note that,The Holy Quran states that Gabriel blowed through the neck of Marayam's garment and this breath went down and entered her womb.Now,when you blow through your mouth,what happens.You get a light wind.This is what(for me) Jesus said.He said The Holy Spirit is like a wind.

Sister Im sorry,if Im making you annoyed or something.I know Im asking a lot of questions.Please say,if this is how u feel.

Thank you
Peace be with you

Thanks for ur kindly reply:hijabi:you are not annoying me at all you are very welcome

Luke 1:26-27 has no other meaining but Gabriel was the holy spirit
and this is fact the direct verses that menitoned in the bible

IS there any verses Deny that Gabriel is a holy spirit?

for example

Gabriel wasn't the holy spirit ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,etc

Its very clear brother Hellbraker in the above verses that Gabriel is the holy spirit

By the way Gabriel called in Quran the spirit

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
:salam2:
Christians automatically assume that holy spirit (ghost), they have so many name for it, has share in divinity or part of god.
Astagferullah.

As Allah SWT says in the Quran "None in the heavens and the earth comes before the most gracious, except as slaves".

I'm not quoting the exact verse, but only paraphrasing it.
I'm not sure which Surah it is from hence i'm unable to give the exact referance.
:wasalam:
Shoaib

Imad

ASsalamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

It's Soera Maryam

Wassalamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh

sandra canada

Laa ilaha illa Allah

Is not the time ripe for the hearts of those who believe to submit to
Allah's reminder and to the truth which is revealed, that they become not as
those who received the scripture of old but the term was prolonged for them
and so their hearts were hardened, and many of them are evil-livers.
(16) Know that Allah quickeneth the earth after its death. We have made clear
Our revelations for you, that haply ye may understand.( Al-Hadid :16)​

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Originally Posted by hellbraker

Thank you
Peace be with you

If i may add..

If you read the Sirah (history) of the prophet [SAW].. You'll see how Gabriel [AS] would show up to the prophet [saw] in many forms.. So it more of an expression like:

Jesus say that the Holy Spirit would be given to anyone who has faith in Him?
Meaning that Allah [SWT] may send him on a task to do something for someone.

Holy Spirit is like a wind,where you can hear it but you cannot know(see),where it comes from or goes.
could mean the use of his wing(s) to blow the wind.. or blow his breath or maybe shapeshift into winds.. we can never know what he might be capable of, or how he does what he does..

Subhanallah, HE does whatever HE wills whenever HE wants.

David Gould

Maybe I can help to clear up some of the confussions here as I am a Christian with the very greatest respect for Islam and the message of the Prophet (PBUH).

The Holy Ghost is the old name for the Holy Spirit which appears in the oldest translations of the Bible (e.g. The King James or Authorised Version produced in 1610 AD or CE) Ghost as a word took on the meaning of something that haunts in the 1800s and has never quite shaken that off so is not used except by the more fundalmental christians who like to use the old translations. Modern translations tend to say 'Spirit'.

The next problem that often arrises is that of the trinity which is a concept that many christians do not understand...so how are others even going to grasp it. What it does not mean is that we have three Gods. We don't. There is but one God who I firmly believe is the same and only God who you know and love as Allah.

The trinity is a simplification of the earlier Hebrew idea of the seven spirits of God (Sheba, Shibah). Seven was a sacred number to the ancient Hebrew people eg seven days to creat the world etc. The word seven appears over nine hundred times in the 'old testament' alone.
Like the 99 names for Allah these seven were all aspects to decribe the fullness of God. Christianity in many ways was a simplification of an ancient religion that had become bound up in ever more complex rules and laws. Jesus (PBUH) replaced the ten commandments with two namely to love God and to love one's neighbour. In the same way the trinity was a simplification of the three aspects of God. When you pray Jesus (PBUH) said say Abba (Daddy or Father) as God is the Father of all mankind. The Holy Spirit is the active aspect of God in his creation and in each believer...while the Son of God reminds us that man was created in God's image. In one sense we are all sons of God...God is not a white haired gent sitting on a cloud...as often depicted in Christian art but an active participant in every aspect of the universe, the world and mankind.

As a Christian, that is how I perceive the trinity. I am aware that the Qur'an has a different interpretation of the trinity and that Muslims may well struggle to understand how we say that we have but one God when it appears we have three. Personally I try very hard to find the points on which we agree about the God whom we both serve, love and obey. That way lead to harmony among his people and away from the devisivness that leads to missunderstanding.

One last point I note that one writes here 'Sandra' notes that both Matthew and Luke have different ways of talking about the conception of Jesus(PBUH). The reason for this is that Matthew was a Jew writing to Jews who understood the notion of the Holy Spirit of God whereas Luke was a Greek writing to his friend Theophilus (Luke also wrote the Acts of the Aspostles) and the Greeks didn't have the notion of spitting the aspects of the Devine; their system of thought being more bound up in dualism (good/bad, dark/light etc). I hope this helps with this interesting debate.

khalidvaltrans

Say: ‘O ‘Ibaadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allaah, verily, Allaah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful’”[al-Zumar 39:53]

i am agree with you. becouse oue sins are countabl but Allah azzu wa jal Mercy is uncountebl.:jazaak:

David Gould

Sandra, the other thing that occurs to me is that in your two examples Matthew 1:18, Luke 1:26-27 two different events are being described so the Holy Spirit is not Gabriel. In the Matthew passage it is the conception that is being described whereas in the luke passage it is the explanation or announcing of the future event that Gabriel is giving. There is no sense in which Gabriel was involved in the conception...the passage goes to to explain that Mary was going to (future) conceive a son whom she was to call Jesus (PBUH). Indeed Luke goes on to say that "the Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the powwer of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy." (RSV translation)

Gabriel is the messenger of God...as we all know.