urgent!!!!!!!!!I need help

jahid89

Assalamualekum wr wb...
my frd have a problem ,,,,

I need help
Im discussing with a christian about heaven
I quote her
' You can go to church all you want but if you dont accept that God send Jesus to die you will go to hell.'
' I'm sorry but the bible says to accept God into your heart. And you dont have to try to be a good person at all. but if you want to be a good christian you need to do that.'
... ' Once you say Jesus I need you in my life and ask for him to forgive you you dont NEED to ask all the time but it doesnt hurt anything.'
'You will still go to heaven. God forgives and doesnt judge sin.'

She also said if im not mistaken that all you need is to be christian to enter heaven.
How do i explain to her that theres more than just being religious.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Insha'Allah you will get a lot of responses.

For starters:

The idea that Jesus died on the cross as an atonement for your sins is a political idea. It encourages capitalism. This is strictly from the Pauline doctrine. It makes slaves out of humans. It is a control method. You can sin Sunday afternoon to Sunday morning and taking communion absolves you of all responsibility of your actions.

That is a lot of burden to put on one man. He died on the cross for your sins. Well..what is the point of my life if I never have to understand the consequences of my actions. That robs me, the individual, of striving for any spiritual gain. I do not need to try. It has been done. If I do not need to be responsible for myself than I am not a free human being.

If I am guaranteed heaven without any effort on my part, without my having to awaken my soul, well I can live any kind of way I want to as long as I take communion once a week, if I am Catholic, and once a month if I am Protestant.

This does not permit the person to have a relationship with Allah. It weakens the bond of the slave serving the Master.

This denies the individual the privilege of worship.

your-sister

Wa'alaikum salaam.

First, I honestly don't understand this "God" Christians go on and on about. There's apparently God the "creator"(Father), God the "savior"(Son) and God the "Holy Ghost"(I think they mean Jinns by this?) so how many Gods exactly? Is it 1 in 3 or..3 in 1 God(s)?!

And as for her first comment, in Islaam(unlike Christianity) we do not just go to the mosque.. Whenever we go there, we get closer to her and build our faith. We feel peace whenever we are there as it isn't just a 'place' of worship for us but, Allaah Most High's house on earth! That alone gets many Muslims to respect and follow the right etiquettes of being in there. Unlike churches, where some people just 'go' there without benefitting from it, When we're there we are on the way to pleasing Him as we are increasing our 'Ibaadah.. on top of having(or working to have) a firm eemaan.
And, we believe Jesus('Isa) was sent as a messenger to the people before us. But in Islaam, He was sent for the best of purposes; to spread the deen. To teach people the Onness of Allaah. To show those people the correct of paths.... to teach fairness. But how can he "die" for people's sake? Isn't that going against his own teachings ? He isn't even being fair to his own self if he "died" for 'other' people. And unlike Christianity, in Islaam, Believing in Allaah(God) and believing in His messengers go hand in hand. You can't really believe in one and deny the other. You either accept God and His messengers or you don't.

And the second part...which "God" does she even mean? The "God" that needs accepting..? But either ways, Islaam changes persons for the better. There are good and bad people everywhere. But eemaan has a way of increasing one minute and decreasing the next. Muslims are to do their best in becoming "good" people. Good here is basically someone with a firm eemaan. If your eemaan is low, you work to increase it. If it is at a Good stage, you've already went through believing in God(Allaah). Now you're at a point where you stay strong and not let your eemaan weaken. You HAVE to be a good person to accept God(Allaah) and believe in Him. If a 'bad' person says they believe in God(Allah) but not really adhering to His deen...how is that really accepting ? Why do you claim to "accept" Him if you won't accept the commands He has set for you?

We(Muslims) aren't perfect. We sin as everyone else sins, but there is one thing we do that other religions don't. We have HOPE when praying to God and asking His for Forgiveness. We arent given powers to know if we 'are' forgivenn. No one knows that but He. So instead of acting so "sure" that God has accepted our prayers from us, we have Hope! That's why we dont just pray once and "stop". We continue to be the loyal servants we are to be and..keep on praying. Yes, God(Allaah) is Oft-Forgiving but we need to be devoted to Him in order for Him to forgive us. He's the master. We the Servant. So the Master does His part only if the Servant does His. Its like a two way street. Don't expect to just be "forgiven" if you haven't really put much effort into it.. That's just rubbish. You HAVE to do your part as well.

Salaam alaikum wa rahmatullah.

JenGiove

:salam2:

She sounds like she's from a sect of Christianity like the Evangelicals.....and discussing anything with them and "winning" the argument is pointless because whatever you say is and will always be wrong.

If believing in Jesus is the ONLY thing that it takes to enter into heaven then the 10 commandments wouldn't be necessary....

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I was taught by my Christian family, that anyone who accepted Jesus into their heart and repents was going to Heaven. This being said, a man could murder 1,000 people and at the end say "Jesus is my savior" And still go to heaven.

They say this, regardless of the fact that the Bible sets down rules, rules similar to Islam. Not to murder, to only have sex in marriage, to not disrespect your parents. If the only requirement is to be a Christian and claim Jesus as your savior, why all the rules? As Jen said, why the 10 commandments?

By the OPINION of most Christians, all the sinners will be in Heaven. What sense does this make?

There is too much gray area on whats right and wrong.

For example, lying to your spouse - wrong.
Cheating on your taxes so you can be devoured by material greed - right.

Killing a human - wrong.
Killing animals FOR MERE SPORT - right.

The list goes on.