Urgent Request for Prayers

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
Assalamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatahu,

Please pray for my older brother - he's living in Singapore all alone, and he's been quite sick for the past last week. It's his heart condition giving him trouble again, and even simple things like eating and sleeping are very difficult for him. I think most likely me and my younger brother will be flying over to Singapore within a couple days to help and take care of him or do whatever we can, since our parents will need some time to get a visa for there. The doctors say medicine isn't working, and heart transplant is one only solution.....

My older brother isn't much of a practicing muslim. :( He is almost completely opposite from me in most things. He only rarely prays Jumah sometimes, and sometimes even skips that. So I am near tears thinking that I can't even advise him to pray more or make dua or listen to ruqya because he just gets angry at me.

Please pray for my family. JazakAllahu Khayran. Also, are there any sisters (or brothers) in Singapore, that in case there is some sort of emergency we can contact? My younger brother did his Masters degree from NUS there last year, so he knows some of the place and maybe a few people he knows, but mostly its a new and unfamiliar place.

I don't know what Allah's Qadr is. All three of my mother's children have the same heart condition, but its more acute in both my brothers, and especially in my older brother.

Can't even type properly right now. :( Please I need everyone's prayers for sabr and courage and wellbeing for my brother's health, inshaAllah.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I am sorry to hear about your brother. In sha Allah he will be better soon, may Allah give him a swift recovery. I will forward this post on to others, hopefully someone can get in touch and help in sha Allah. I ask other brothers and sisters to do the same.

You, your brother and family are all in my prayers in sha Allah and will remember today, may Allah accept our duaa especially this Friday the day after yawn Ashura.

Wasalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah

Wa alaikum as salam~

Ya ukht, I am sorry to hear about the ailments your brother is going through and I will most definitely include your family in my prayers, in shaa allah..We can do our very best when it comes to our family and household, but as Allah azza wa jal says in the Quran, in Surah Ar-Ra'd, ayah 11, ".....Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves." All we can do is advise and pray that Allah sends our loved ones hidayah, ukhti...

Also, I am living in Singapore...Well, I'm born and raised here..If you could, maybe, tell me the exact ailment your brother is going through, maybe I could give you emergency contacts and places he could go for support and medical help.

As salammualaikum~

SonOfAdam

Staff member
May Allah SWT give him shifa, inshallah it is nothing serious and a purification.

Going to Jumah is more than a lot of Muslims do, May Allah SWT strengthen his iman.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Wa`alaykum as-salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh,

May Allaah heal your brothers' sickness and guide your older brother towards our beautiful deen, Ameen.

There are a few brothers here from Singapore (@BADTASTEBEARS , @alkathiri ) but I think they are not that active anymore. Sister @queenislam is from Singapore if I'm not mistaken.

I hope your journey to accompany your brother will be safe and sound likewise with your travel home, in shaa Allaah. While taking care of your brother, don't forget to take care of your ownself too.

Wa`alaykum as-salaam wa rahmatullaah.

ukhtifr

Assalamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatahu,

Please pray for my older brother - he's living in Singapore all alone, and he's been quite sick for the past last week. It's his heart condition giving him trouble again, and even simple things like eating and sleeping are very difficult for him. I think most likely me and my younger brother will be flying over to Singapore within a couple days to help and take care of him or do whatever we can, since our parents will need some time to get a visa for there. The doctors say medicine isn't working, and heart transplant is one only solution.....

My older brother isn't much of a practicing muslim. :( He is almost completely opposite from me in most things. He only rarely prays Jumah sometimes, and sometimes even skips that. So I am near tears thinking that I can't even advise him to pray more or make dua or listen to ruqya because he just gets angry at me.

Please pray for my family. JazakAllahu Khayran. Also, are there any sisters (or brothers) in Singapore, that in case there is some sort of emergency we can contact? My younger brother did his Masters degree from NUS there last year, so he knows some of the place and maybe a few people he knows, but mostly its a new and unfamiliar place.

I don't know what Allah's Qadr is. All three of my mother's children have the same heart condition, but its more acute in both my brothers, and especially in my older brother.

Can't even type properly right now. :( Please I need everyone's prayers for sabr and courage and wellbeing for my brother's health, inshaAllah.

wa'alaikumussalam wabarakatuhu... : )

dear sister... may Allah grant ur brother speed recovery.. and may u and ur family have sarb..: ).. in sha Allah in all condition there is hikmah we never knew it b4: )

barak Allahu feekum...

Abul Harith

Staff member
wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Dear sister, I make dua that Allah returns your brother back to health and most importantly guides him in the deen. May Allah open his heart both physically and spiritually.

Prayer is very powerful and we must not be complacent or forgetful of it's importance in our daily life.

Wasalam alaikum

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Wa`alaikum salaam warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh.

Subhaanallaah. Stay strong, dear ukht! Your brother is our prayers of course, and all of your family, may Allaah cure them of their condition. Ukhty, don't give up on him, no matter how stubborn he is. This is indeed a trying time for you all, especially him, and we can hope for the best but only Allaah `azza wa jalla knows the outcome - so inshaa'Allaah when you get up there, help him heal but also kindly stay persistent with the da`wah as much as you can.

And like the sister said, take care of yourself as well because you'll not be much of a help to him if you don't.

Stay positive inshaa'Allaah, we'll definitely miss you around here while you're away.

[Aaameen to all the du`aa. May Allaah accept them from us]

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

May Allah swt grant your family sabr and strength.

You are strong. Do not anger your brother with overt actions. But, that does not stop you from reciting ayats of the Quran on your tongue and heart for him onto your palms and blowing them towards him.

During times of tests Allah swt also provides us with knowledge. This is your families opportunity to discover the miracles in the world of health and medicine. You are an intelligent woman. Put your efforts in having discussions with the attending physicians for all the scenarios possible and explore them. Please ask for major changes in diet.

Be attentive to the fact that many times when people are faced with deep difficult issues prayer becomes very difficult. Often depression prevents many from praying. Continue your faithful service to him. Make him smile. Be around him.

You know I will keep you close to my heart and make dua for you and yours.

Sister, I am a keyboard away. Please keep in mind we are there for you.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
To sis Tab:

bth_smiley-hug.gif

I am always here for you if you feel bad. You can rant to me and I put huge smile to your face.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam:

SubhanAllah, I am so touched by the response - by all your words and dua. May Allah accept them, inshaAllah. And may Allah bestow all of you with everything that is good in this dunya and the akhirah. Truly, this place is so much like family to me.

We have plane tickets booked for tomorrow, inshaAllah. It was Friday so travel agencies were closed, but still one travel agent agreed to open the shop when my father called and said we needed urgent tickets.

Anas_L

Young Muslim
I made dua for your brother. When the angel comes to take his soul, may he be in a believing state, ameen,

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
I made dua for your brother. When the angel comes to take his soul, may he be in a believing state, ameen,

Salam alaykum

Maybe your aim was good in this post but...

Think next time a little more what you write.

They hope that this brother will stay alive.

o_O

Anas_L

Young Muslim
Salam alaykum

Maybe your aim was good in this post but...

Think next time a little more what you write.

They hope that this brother will stay alive.

o_O

Let me clarify...

No, I'm not implying that he'll pass due to this tragic news. I'm merely stating that when death approaches him, inshallah he will be a practicing muslim at that time, as I'm aware that he isn't practicing as of now.

May Allah allow him to live long so he can gain as much knowledge about the deen and become a much better muslim.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu dear sister Tabassum

InshAllah I will keep your brother in my duas. May Allah give sabr to you and your family dear sister. Ameen summa ameen.

Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala grant your brother shifa'.

Stay strong ukhti. Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala will bring him through this, hopefully in a better state of iman inshallah.

May His Warmth, Love and Comfort be with all of you.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything.