urgent

Habasha Sister

Aselamu alaykum bros and sisters hope u all r in the best State of Iman and health.

hmm a new convert brother want to learn how to make salah, the steps and what to say, i want to give him a site which explains how to do that, i hope u know where to find that ,videos + text( in Arabic and English) ,since he has to learn how to say it in Arabic, May Allah Reward u for ur efforts, hope to see replies soon, wselam

Inquirer

Salaam Habasha,

As a recent revert my best advice would be for the brother to obtain one good book on salaat intended for beginners, and not to confuse himself with internet resources for the time being. In fact the one thing that got in the way of my learning and practising salaat, was the internet.

You see, on the internet you will inevitably come across many different sites, which you will find tell you all different things, because there are some variations in the practice of salaat from different cultures, traditions etc., and this causes a lot of confusion.

I have only just got into a routine of feeling that I actually know what I am doing with salaat, and that is because I got a book and followed this, and I am excluding all information to the contrary for the time being.

You will inevitably come across sites that will go into many minor details and embellishments of salaat, which are intended for more experienced practitioners, and this gets confusing for a beginner, even if you look up sites searching for, 'salaat for beginners', you will come across contradictory information and get confused. Looking for internet resources ended up getting me so confused that it actually put me off prayer, because every time I felt I was getting the hang of it, I would come across some new information which would have me all puzzled again.

He ought to get himself one good book for beginners, and follow it's instructions to the letter, and then, when he feels that he can practice this prescribed routine exactly, without need for reference to the book, then it will be time to look up all the information on the internet by which he can compare and contrast his routine, and adapt or add to this should he feel it necessary. This will cut out a great deal of unnecessary confusion, which only inhibits one's practice of salaat.

Of course, he could just make sure that he sticks to only one internet site's instructions, but when you have different people coming to suggest all different sites, and you find that these do not prescribe precisely the same routine, you just get confused, and the temptation to go hopping from one site to the next is just too enormous on the internet, and the confusion which ensues, causes you to doubt your practice of salaat so much, that you spend your prayer time worrying about what you are doing rather than being able to clear your mind and concentrate on that vital link with the Almighty, and worse, it can put you of the practice all together.

He should allow Allah to guide him to one good book intended for beginners for now, and follow it's instructions closely until the process becomes automatic, before flitting from one internet site to the next like a bee on a flower-bed, and while he waits for it to arrive, to just sit and make his connection to God in whichever way he feels is most appropriate for the time being, and of course, see what instruction you can provide in the meantime.

That's sincerely my best advice.

warda A

Sister
front page(home page)

Aselamu alaykum bros and sisters hope u all r in the best State of Iman and health.

hmm a new convert brother want to learn how to make salah, the steps and what to say, i want to give him a site which explains how to do that, i hope u know where to find that ,videos + text( in Arabic and English) ,since he has to learn how to say it in Arabic, May Allah Reward u for ur efforts, hope to see replies soon, wselam

:salam2:

This has been asked many times,
dear sister on the home page on this site there is step by step on how to pray
http://www.turntoislam.com/index.php?page=pray6

inshalla it will help
:wasalam:

Abu Abdillah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to Al-Islam Habasha Sister and to TTI

Assalamu'alaykum Habasha Sister .

Masha-Allah Congratulations on taking your shahadah and welcome to TTI.

Its better to find and take one person as your teacher for now, as too many peole advising you will confuse you. Maybe if you contacted a sister Samiha she is a Admin on TTI and take her as a personal step by step tutor insha-allah.

Alhamdulillah 1000's of people will rush to advise you to do this to do that all seeking pleasure of Allah.

I am so delighted you have embraced islam.

If you like take sis Samiha off TTI as a teacher for now as what you should do is learn enough to enable yourself to practice Islam properly; and to protect yourself from incorrect beliefs; or even Shirk (associating partners with Allaah; which is unforgivable without repentance).

Take her as a teacher to help you learn the basics etc.. This will help avoid any confussion.

If you are blessed enough to have a good community; and a good sound masjid or centre close to you; take advantage of any classes or circles for new Muslims they offer; Please let me or any of the site admins know where abouts you are so we can direct you to good local muslim communities near you.

The added benefit of this is; you may also get to meet new brothers on your wavelength; or other more experienced brothers who can share their wisdom with you. If you aren’t blessed enough to have a good community around you; for whatever reason then MashaAllaah you have us here at TTI

Please read the Articles and posts by Moderators on this site with the sole aim of learning Islamic knowledge ['ilm] from them. Be vary of other sites over the internet as they may share/serve a similar purpose; in sharing knowledge or even meeting like-minded brothers. I use them for in a limited capacity myself; to rely on them for genuine authentic Islamic knowledge; is a mistake.

Knowledge cant be taken from any site that comes up in Google and ‘going with it’; I know it sounds funny but I have seen this done. However I’m sure we all know that the way Google works is on what is most popular; not what is most authentic. Just as I am sure you wouldn’t diagnose yourself with an illness; via a page you found on Google; you wouldn’t take knowledge of the religion of al-Islam from any old page. Remember There are all types of people on there; who follow alien practices to Al-Islam as taught by the Messenger of Allah and his companions.

Insha Allah And [/SIZE]

Some PDF Books I can share with you, that would be great to get you started are the following books insha-Allah.

1. Abridgement of the Prophet's Prayer Described - Imaam al-Albaanee
2. The Declaration of Faith - Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan
3. The Authentic Creed by Shaikh Ibn Baaz
4. The Muslim's Belief by Shaikh Muhammad as-Saleh Al-Uthaimeen

Assalamu Alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa Barakaatu