Vergeving van een jaar zonden!!!!! Vasten van Ashoera

Imad

Salamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

Vergeet alstublieft niet om de dag van Ashoera te vasten en een dag daarvoor of een dag erna. Allah zal de zonden van het voorgaande jaar door dit vasten vergeven. Dit heeft onze profeet ons meegedeeld. Het is niet verplicht, maar zeer aanbevolen. En wie wil niet dat zijn voorgaande jaar aan zonden niet worden vergeven? De mens zondigd veel, moge Allah ons vergeven en ons het paradijs doen binnentreden, amien.

:عن أبي قتادة رضي الله عنه قال
:أن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم سئل عن صيام عاشوراء فقال

{يكفر السنة الماضية }

Vertaling: Van abie Qatada de Tevredenheid van Allah zij met hem zei:
Dat de boodschapper van Allah de Zegeningen van Allah zij met hem gevraagd werd over het vasten van Ashoera en hij zei:
{Het vergeeft ( de zonden) van het voorgaande jaar}

De dag van Ashoera is de 10de dag van Muharam. De vraag is wanneer is 10 Muharam? Vandaag 23 december komt overeen met 6 Muharam, dus 10 Muharam zal zondag 27 december zijn. Je kunt de zaterdag 9 Muharam en de zondag 10 Muharam vasten of de zondag 10 Muharam en de maandag 11 Muharam .

ففي صحيح مسلم عن ابن عباس رضي الله عنهما قال: " حين صام رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم عاشوراء وأمر بصيامه، قالوا: "يا رسول الله إنه يوم تعظمه اليهود والنصارى "، فقال صلى الله عليه وسلم { فإذا كان العام المقبل إن شاء الله صمنا التاسع }
[أي مع العاشر مخالفةً لأهل الكتاب]
قال: ( فلم يأت العام المقبل حتى توفى رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم

Vertaling: In de Sahieh van Muslim (staat) dat Ibn Abaas de Tevredenheid van Allah zij met hem zei: " Toen de boodschapper van Allah de Zegeningen van Allah zij met hem Ashoera vaste en het bevel gaf om deze te vasten, zeiden zij: O boodschapper van Allah het is een dag die door de joden en de christenen wordt vereerd", hij de Zegeningen van Allah zij met hem zei:
{Als het komend jaar aanbreekt Insha Allah zullen wij de negende vasten} [/B]
[ hiermee bedoelend met de 10de om te verschillen met de mensen van het boek]Hij zei: (voordat het komend jaar aanbrak stierf de boodschapper van Allah de Zegeningen van Allah zij met hem)​

Salamoealaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Jazak Allahu khayr,

The coming Sunday ( yawm Ashura) and Monday. inshaAllah

Imad

Wa3alaikoem esalaam warahmatullahi wbarakatuh aghi,

Wa iyaak

Yes aghi you can fast on Sunday (10 Muharam) and Monday (11 Muharam) or Saturday ( 9 Muharam ) and Sunday ( 10 Muharam).

Fi amanillah

Salamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa3alaikoem esalaam warahmatullahi wbarakatuh aghi,

Wa iyaak

Yes aghi you can fast on Sunday (10 Muharam) and Monday (11 Muharam) or Saturday ( 9 Muharam ) and Sunday ( 10 Muharam).

Fi amanillah

Salamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

akhi, there is ikhtilaaf over this matter, when it comes to fasting Saturday.

To differ from the Jews, and to follow the Sunnah according to the understanding of Ulema' such as Shaykh Al-Albaani Rahimahullah, I fast Sunday and Monday, rather than together with Saturday.

I never fast on Saturday unless it is part of Ramadhan. inshaAllah I will try to find the discussion between Shaykh Abdul Muhsin al Abaad and Shaykh Al-Albaani (rahimahullah) over these matters.

Of course, there is also the matter of whether a person is continuing fasting on Saturday with it joint to other days, however, even in this matter, Shaykh Al-Albani (rahimahullah) said it was not good to do. This is in contrast to Shaykh Ibn Baz and Ibn Uthaimeen (rahimahumullah).

assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Deen_Al_Islaam

Salamu3alaykoum wa rahmatu Allaahi wa barakatoeh

Ah soubhana Allaah i fasted yesterday an dotday with the intention of Ashura...? When your intention is made like that, do i need to fast monday aswell with the intention of Ashura? Because i wanted to fast monday insha Allaah but with the intention of fasting because it is sunnah...?

Baraka Allaahu fiek

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh wa maghfiratuh,

Yes, there is no problem with fasting like so, this year, Ashura was different because there is a Saturday involved. Just like there was difference because our last Eid was on a Friday. So, when such things happen, there are situations which can have different Fiqh. For example, a person has choice they can pray Juma'ah or not. Infact, many people do not even know that the Jumu'ah prayer is different than Dhohr, in time too. Jumu'ah can be prayed any time after Dhuhaa (that is in the morning just after Fajr! ).... And the time of jumu'ah extends from morning all way to Asr. However, these days people pray Jumu'ah at the Dhohr Jama'ah time. - They think that Jumu'ah is the same as Dhohr, just different in the number of Raka'ah - but it is a complete replacement- So, this is where there are confusions when Eid comes around.

As for the Fast of Ashura,

Imaam Ibn Hajr, said in Fath al Baari (the explanation to Sahih al Bukhari), that there are three ways to fast.

1. to do Ashura on its own,
2. Fast with another day, before or after
3. Fast all three days together.

These are three scenarios the Ulema' have mentioned, all three are permissible, based on evidences. However, it is better to fast with another day.

(to be continued.... ) I will try find some evidences. (( ...dont use internet for these things))

This link is a debate between two of our great Scholars, Shaykh Abdul Muhsin al Abaad (hafidhahullah) is one of the biggest scholars alive today. He was a friend of Shaykh Al-Albani (rahimahullah). He is the muhadith of Madinah. In the link it is a discussion between them about fasting on Saturdays. Here the discuss some of the Hadith:

Shaykh Abdul Muhsin Al 'Abbaad Debates Shaykh Muhammad Nasir ud-Deen al Albaanee

To make it simple:

Shaykh Al-Albani (rahimahullah) was upon the opinion that we should never fast on a Saturday except if it is obligatory (i.e. in Ramadhan).

Because, the Prophet Muhammad (salallalhu alayhi wa salam) said:
“Do not fast on Saturdays apart from days when you are obliged to fast. If any one of you cannot find anything other than grape stalks or the twigs of a tree, let him chew it (to make sure that he is not fasting).” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Irwa’ (960).

Shaykh Abdul Muhsin al Abaad (hafidhahullah) disagreed with Shaykh Albani (rahimahullah) in the explanation of the Hadith, and said that you should never fast on Saturday on its Own.. To single out Saturday. For example, you never fasted the days before or after. - But, if you join Saturday to other fasts then it is fine.

There are evidences and opinions for both sides, personally I favour the explanation of our dear Shaykh Al-Albani (rahimahullah).

------------------------------------------------------

Abdullaah ibn ‘Abbaas (Radhiyallahu anhu) said: When the Messenger of Allaah (Salallahu alayhi wa salam) fasted on the day of Ashoora and told the people to fast, they said, “O Messenger of Allaah, this is a day that is venerated by the Jews and Christians.” The Messenger of Allaah (Salallahu alayhi wa salam) said, “Next year, if Allaah wills, we will fast on the ninth day.” But by the time the following year came, the Messenger of Allaah (Salallahu alayhi wa salam) had passed away.
Narrated by Muslim, 1916.

Imaam Shaafa’i (rahimahullah) and his companions, Imaam Ahmad, Ishaaq and others said: It is mustahabb (recommended) to fast both the ninth and the tenth, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) fasted the tenth and intended to fast the ninth.

Based on this, there are different ways of fasting ‘Ashoora’, the least of which is to fast the tenth only, but it is better to fast the ninth as well. The more one fasts in Muharram, the better.

If one were to ask, what is the wisdom behind fasting the ninth as well as the tenth?
The answer is:

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The scholars among our companions and others said that there are several reasons for recommending fasting on the ninth day (Tasoo’a’):

1 – The intention behind it is to be different from the Jews who limit their fasting to the tenth day. This was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas.

2 – The intention was to join the fast of ‘Ashoora’ to another day, just as it is not allowed to fast on a Friday on its own [but it is allowed if one fasts the day before or the day after as well].

3 – The idea is to be on the safe side and make sure one is fasting on the tenth, in case the moon sighting was not accurate and what people think is the ninth is actually the tenth.

The strongest of these reasons is in order to be different from the People of the Book. Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade resembling the People of the Book in many ahaadeeth. For example, he said concerning ‘Ashoora’: “If I live until next year I will certainly fast the ninth.” Al-Fataawa al-Kubra, part 6.

Ibn Hajar (may Allaah have mercy on him) said, commenting on the hadeeth “If I live until next year I will certainly fast the ninth”:

His concern to fast the ninth may be understood as meaning that he would not limit himself to that, rather that he would add it to the tenth, either to be on the safe side, or to be different from the Jews and Christians, which is more likely to be correct; this is what may be understood from some of the reports narrated by Muslim.”

From Fath al-Baari, 4/245.

The Standing Committee was asked about this, they said:

It is permissible to fast the day of ‘Ashoora’ on its own, but it is better to fast the day before it or the day after it. This is the Sunnah that is proven from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), as he said, “If I am still alive next year, I will certainly fast the ninth.” Narrated by Muslim, 1134.

Abdullah Ibn Abbaas (Radhiyallahu anhu) said: He meant, along with the tenth.
And Allaah is the Source of strength.

Al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Ifta’, 11/401.
(Lajnah Da'imah - that is the Panel of the top Shaykhs in Saudi Arabia who make fatawa)

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Wa iyyaki,

I edited the post i made above and added more information. (I tried to keep it short!!)

Deen_Al_Islaam

Walaykoum salaam wa rahmatu Allaahi wa barakatoeho wa maghfiratuh

djazaak Allaahu khayran, still need to pray now insha Allaah so i will read it afterwards bi idhini Laah