Warning! Revert/Convert or you want to Revert/Convert:A letter for you from a Convert

Wulf

Asalaam Alaykum

A most interesting read. From converastions that have had with a few revert Muslims, this set of circumstances is not uncommon. I myself have had offers of help that do not come to fruition.

I get the feeling at times, that to some people, Culture comes first, language second, the Qur'an third and to be perfectly honest it can be quite disheartening. It hasn't been that people cannot speak or understand English, they can.
I do not condemn, that is not my way. I just smile and take my leave.

To date, I have not visited a Mosque for prayer. I fear being on the inside while being left on the outside.

W'Asalaam

Ibrahim

sirine

salam worf,

I agree totally with what you said. Many people unfortunately think that a culture, a religion or a language are proper to one individual. But hamdoulillah, everybody can learn arabic and embrace islam. It s not something impossible to reach, we only need faith in our heart and everything will be ok inchaallah.

Yesterday a convert told me that he hated to be called convert, that even born muslim can convert because they were also blind and didnt know about islam till a day when they realise the beauty of their religion. And in fact, i realized that he was so right. Many converts know much more than born muslims machaallah.

May Allah guide us.

Haji2005

Dear Andalusian

Thank you for sharing your experience. I feel your pain and I hope your stay here has given you some support.

I agree that most mosques in the USA, lack the induction "new comers" training that is essentially required for new converts to learn, understand, and adapt to their new way of life "Islam". Thus, most struggle similar to your struggle.

I hope if any of the mosque leaders ready your post here will consider your suggestions and start the implmentation promptly. One of the areas that can also be considered is developing a entrusted mentoring or buddy system for new converts.

Most of the converts I have met in the USa are of exceptional character, education, and manners. I hope and wish that these new converts will become the leaders of their respective communities as the continue to learn.

:salam2: :)

Rabdatolah

FRUSTRATIONS OF A MUSLIM CONVERT

The "miracle" of the increasing number of converts is not only that people are finding the light of Islam in an age of such darkness but that they are coming to the faith despite the actions of some of its believers.

Introduction

I have been a Muslim for over two years now. Whilst I am deeply satisfied with Islam on an intellectual and theological level, much too often I have been far from happy in my experiences with fellow Muslims on a practical level. I have faced considerable difficulties in my attempts to develop as a Muslim. Although I have made the acquaintance of many Muslims through various mosques I have attended, this has been overwhelmingly only on a superficial level. I am close only to two Muslims in the city where I live. I met them coincidentally. One is a neighbor, the other a former colleague whom I now rarely see.

Lack of Induction

Although I have a good understanding of the basic theology of Islam and Islamic history, two years after my conversion I am to some extent still struggling with the practical daily basics. According to a hadith,"The search for knowledge is an obligation laid on every Muslim."(Ibn Majah, Baihaqi). A convert needs to search for more knowledge than a born Muslim who has had a lifetime of schooling in the faith. In my personal experience, it seems that established Muslims make at best only a token effort to assist new Muslims in fulfilling their religious obligations.

To my profound disappointment, as far as my Islamic education is concerned, I have been left to fend for myself. It would seem that no mosque I have visited has a systematic induction program for new converts. The mosques in my area are all dominated by south Asian immigrants, with a sprinkling of Africans on Fridays. They are not attuned to the needs of indigenous converts. In fairness, I seem to be the only white person (i.e. convert) at the mosques I attend, so they may not perceive a need. But nevertheless, I live in a major city with a significant Muslim population and many mosques. Surely there must be somewhere where a new Muslim adult can receive training in the practical daily basics. Surely the established Muslim community should know where to refer the convert even if they are not suitably geared up themselves at the local mosque.

The Catholic Church has a thorough practical and theological induction program that is actually compulsory for people who wish to join it. The Anglican Church actively advertises its Alpha Course to attract and teach new converts. We Muslims seem to have nothing organized.

When it comes to lack of both meaningful social welcome and organized teaching of Islam for new Muslims, American convert, teacher and writer, Yahiha Emerick, hits the nail on the head in his article Ten Things Every Muslim Must Do. At number six on his list, he says:

If you see any new Muslims at your Masjid (mosque), then partially "adopt" them into your family. The convert experience is basically one of isolation and loneliness. You'd be surprised to know that most converts are outright ignored by the people in the Masjid. Beyond a few pleasantries and handshakes, they are usually never made to feel welcome or accepted. They are often cut off from their non-Muslim friends and relatives so they are doubly vulnerable. A new convert should be invited into various people's home for dinner a minimum of six times a month. Get together with others and make sure you all put the new convert on your guest list for any sort of gathering.

Internet - the good, the bad and the dangerous!

Since my conversion to Islam I have had some horrible experiences with Muslims both on the Internet and face to face. I briefly mention these experiences here as a warning to other new Muslims. The Internet can be a wonderful place for learning about Islam. In fact, since my conversion, the Internet has been my primary source of materials with which to educate myself further about Islam. There are many excellent sites, but I would caution the new Muslim not to accept the information on all sites blindly, particularly if they have an arrogant, strident or unpleasant tone or stray from plain facts and concentrate on controversial opinion or on an overtly political agenda.

I would also urge new Muslims to avoid email forums or chat rooms about Islam absolutely. There are some nasty people lurking there - self-styled pseudo scholars preaching hellfire, doling out personal abuse and decrying sincere Muslims as non-believers. I was left utterly demoralized at one time and very, very angry on several occasions. I have now unsubscribed from all such forums. New Muslims should keep in mind the Hadith: "Verily, Allah is mild and is fond of mildness, and He gives to
the mild what He does not give to the harsh." (Muslim) If a website or e-group you come across is far removed from the above, then remove yourself from it!

There are also nice, well-meaning people who offer advice about matters of faith and practice without being in any way qualified to do so. If they get things wrong, they could unwittingly be leading the uninitiated astray and doing more harm than good. Be wary of accepting anything without a quotation from the Quran or authenticated hadith to back it up.

Having said that, if it is one of the nasty brigade who has come seemingly armed with references, firstly check the actual quotation in your Quran. Have they really only quoted what is there or have they embellished it with their own interpretation? It happens. And, if the quotation is genuine but sounds harsh to your ears, then use a commentary to become aware of the context in which the verse was revealed. Read widely. For every hard-line, unpleasant interpretation, there is usually a mild one from a serious writer or scholar.

Beware the Zealots!

Some real-life encounters can also be disconcerting. Whilst I have enjoyed an excellent rapport with some converts, the proverbial "zeal of the converted" can overflow in others. Some can turn into hard-line absolutists - a caricature of a Muslim. Also beware the political zealots. Recently while in London I had to endure a sermon at Jumma salat (Friday afternoon congregational prayers) held at a university in which the student acting as imam was very obviously pushing the agenda of a radical minority political grouping and spoke at length about whom it was our duty to kill!

Sadly far too many young Muslim men in England - the occasional convert and, particularly, the sons of Asian immigrants - get far too worked up about this or that political agenda and are in danger of overlooking the peaceful, spiritual core of Islam. As the writer Abdal-Hakim Murad puts it in his excellent essay British and Muslim, unsettled, discontented second generation Asian immigrant Muslims in Britain tend to locate their radicalism not primarily in a spiritual, but in social and political rejection of the oppressive order around them. Their unsettled and agitated mood is not always congenial to the recent convert, who may, despite the cultural distance, feel more comfortable with the first rather than the second generation of migrants, preferring their God-centered religion to what is often the troubled, identity-seeking Islam of the young.

Amen to that! These young radicals are prone to behave in the most obnoxious and nasty manner towards those other Muslims who do not agree with them. I would simply call the following words from the Quran and ahadith to their attention:

"Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious; for your Lord knows best who have strayed from His Path, and who are truly guided."
Quran 16:125

"Do you know what is better than charity and fasting and prayer? It is keeping peace and good relations between people, as quarrels and bad feelings destroy mankind."
(Muslims & Bukhari) Top

Must we proceed at the pace of the most prudish?
Whilst I have enjoyed many conversations about Islam in mixed male-female company (including with ladies who wear hijab), a small but vociferous minority of female born Muslims I have encountered have been very stand-offish and overly prudish. Despite the fact that the Quran teaches us that

"The believing men and women, are associates and helpers of each other." <Quran, Al-Taubah 9:71>

My own understanding is that what is improper is for one man and one woman to be alone together, but there should not be a problem about other mixing provided that proper Islamic behavior is maintained. I, a man, would never even have had the opportunity to discover Islam in the first instance were it not for friendships with several born Muslims (three of whom were women) prompting me to investigate the religion.

According to the prominent Sudanese Muslim scholar and leader, Dr. Hassan al-Turabi who is widely portrayed in the west as an Islamic fundamentalist, in his seminal 1973 work On the Position of Women in Islam and in Islamic Society'

"In the model society of Islam, Muslims used to assemble freely and frequently; they were mostly acquainted with each other, men and women; they conversed and interacted intensively. But all those activities, were undertaken in a spirit of innocence and in the context of a virtuous society...Islam tolerates that one may greet women or talk to them in decent and chaste language and with good intent. The Prophet used to do so."

"Muslim Name" and Attire?

Another gripe I have is the ignorance of many born Muslims about what they believe to be the necessity for a convert to adopt a so-called Muslim name. When I took my Shahada, I was asked not whether I wished to choose a "Muslim name" but what name I wished to adopt. Not knowing any better at the time, I did reluctantly choose a new name, and used it briefly in Muslim circles. However, I did not change any of my official documents. Only later did I discover that there is, in principle, no requirement whatsoever to change one's name. The original converts to Islam at the time of Prophet Mohammed usually kept the Arabic name they always had. The only exceptions were people who had a name with unpleasant or pagan connotations. So-called "Muslim names" are, in the main, simply Arabic ones or traditional names from countries that were early adopters of Islam. There is no requirement for a new Muslim to adopt one of these.

While I respect (though do not necessarily agree with) the choice of those Muslim converts who have adopted a new name, I expect all Muslims to respect the right of other converts such as myself to retain their original name. I generally now use my "real" name, not the "Muslim name" that was initially thrust upon me. Sadly I have come under pressure from some ignorant born Muslims on this matter.

To be frank, I feel that adopting a "Muslim name", makes it easier for one's existing circle of family and friends to dismiss one's conversion to Islam as an act of eccentricity which they can brush off. By changing one's name and starting to wear, say, Pakistani clothing, one confirms in their minds the foreignness or alien nature of what is supposed to be universal Islam. I believe that these actions, or dare I say distractions, make it harder for most people from non-Muslim countries to identify with Islam, the welcoming and inclusive universal religion open to all, and see how it could be relevant to their own lives.

The spiritually motivated western convert to Islam, whose Islam is centered on God not agitation, has a golden opportunity to depoliticize the widespread negative western perception of Islam and to diminish the impression that Islam is for strange, backward, sometimes frightening foreigners - Arabs and Asians - but not for westerners. In my view, this opportunity is thrown away or at the very least is hobbled by self-inflicted damage when a western convert unnecessarily adopts a foreign name and clothing, thus only reinforcing the preconceived notions and prejudices that non-Muslim fellow westerners tend to hold about Islam.

Relationship with non-Muslim parents

Again with regard to the issue of a "Muslim name" and similar matters, I think it is also important to bear in mind here the teaching of Islam with regard to one's duty to family, particularly one's parents even if they are themselves non-Muslims.

Your Lord had decreed that you worship none but Him, and that you are kind to parents whether one or both of them attain old age in your lifetime. Say not to them a word of contempt or repel them but address them in terms of honor and out of kindness lower to them the wing of humility and say: "My Lord, bestow on them your mercy, even as they cherished me in childhood".
(Quran 17:23-24)

Indeed there was an occasion when Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) commanded a believer to care for his non-Muslim parents rather than participate in Jihad (holy war).

Abdullah ibn Omar relates: "Once a person came to the Messenger of Allah and expressed his desire to participate in jihad in order to please Allah. The Holy Prophet asked him "Are your parents alive?" The man said "Yes. Both are alive". The Holy Prophet said 'Then go and serve them well".
(Bukhari and Muslim).

I felt that it was important that my parents who are both practicing Catholics should realize that I was not rejecting them, my upbringing or most of the things they held dear. It was simply that I had come to a new understanding of theology. Rejecting the name they had given me could really have been interpreted as being quite insulting to them, which in itself would be contrary to Islam. I am thinking here of the following ahadith:

"He, who wishes to enter paradise at the best gate, must please
his father and mother."
(Bukhari & Muslim)

In my case, I felt that abandoning for no good reason the very name given me by my loving parents would have been straining the ties of relationship, creating displeasure and certainly not indicative of showing kindness to or taking friendly care of my mother and father.

So-called "Islamic Causes"

When I, a westerner and a former practicing Christian, became a Muslim, I became just that - a Muslim, a believer in the religion of Islam, i.e. someone who believes in the oneness of God as opposed to the concept of Trinity and who accepts Mohammed (pbuh) as a prophet of God. I'm the same person with the same name, wearing the same western style of clothing (though now respecting the modest dress code of Islam) and eating the same style of food (though now making sure that my meat is halal). I have not rejected my country, its culture or tradition. I simply now hold different theological beliefs.

Final Thoughts

Based on my personal experience, my advice either to new Muslims or anyone considering the possibility of accepting Islam would be simply to judge a religion not by its adherents, many of whom may fall far short of the ideal in a variety of ways (and I include myself in that!), but rather by the theology and teachings of the religion itself. To be honest, I remain in Islam very much in spite of and not because of my experiences with Muslims. Only a handful have been of any help to me and quite a few hard-line politicos and joyless, uptight puritans have been a real hindrance. However, despite my great disappointment at both the lack of organized support available to new Muslims and the widespread politically focused rather than God-centered Islam so prevalent today, plus my intense dislike of the nasty behavior and attitudes of some of the Muslims I have encountered in person and online, I have most definitely found in the religion of Islam an intellectual and theological satisfaction that I never knew in Christianity. And at the end of the day, one's beliefs about God are what truly matters.

Allahu a`lam. God knows best.​

Source :salam.http://www.salaam.co.uk/themeofthemonth/june02_index.php?l=4

Salam Alaykum, i was really touch by your letter and i just wanted to tell you that i wish i could do something for you to help i myself need more knowledge about islam but like you mentioned that "one's beliefs about god are what truly matters".I was born in a muslim family i'am married and i have 2 beautifull kids Alhamdoulilah.I would like to know more about you and i would love to help you let me know what i can do.May Allah bless you and keep you strong!!Assalamo Alaykum wa rahmatolah wa barakatu.IN ALLAH WE SHALL RETURN!

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Deleted, because i can't say how I feel, I have to act like a robot around everyone, just to be liked. my feedback, like me won't be missed anyways

DOC_BRO

Asalam o Alaikum,
I really feel so embarrased that we being muslims are so much so called muslims just namesake.
One question i wanna ask our convert brothers/sisters that sometimes i feel afraid to ask a brother if he is a new muslim or a revert because I think he might be offended or think that since i am a born muslim i think i m better or else.... so i just keep away from that question unless i am told by that person himself. So can someone(specially new muslim) pls tell me how would it be appropiate to approach a convert//new muslim??? coz this might give me a better idea n help me a what u might personaly think or would expect to be asked.Would it be appropiate to invite him home???I am sorry but i need to learn that so in future its easy for us.
But yes this article is another eye opener for us...
JazakAllaho Khairum

aaminah

The convert experience is basically one of isolation and loneliness.

thank you for posting this, very well said. i almost don't want to post anything here anymore after being misinterpreted and received hurtful private msgs. im adopting and still need to learn more to be better muslim, born muslims are lucky for they were guided by muslim parents, family and muslim community on what Allah wants us to be like. Unlike most converts who needs to search and search to learn more. I notice though that when you don's miss prayers(salah), do it at right time, add 2 raka'a... Allah swt will guide you more and show signs to correct your mistakes MashaAllah.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Although I am a born Muslim my ways are very American. i encounter the wall as I call it. At my masjid, they do not know me. I do my thing. I attend a class; I clean up the kitchen, the brothers are very rude to me. The sisters are cold.
I am a Pakistani by parents, Irani by birth, English by accent, and American by way of life..and a Muslim by choice...
I encounter the wall. I encounter the silent treatment. It is sick. It is sick.
I go to the masjid for the love of Allah. I go to the masjid for the fear of Allah...I have two sisters who are my friends: one is afro-american and the other is anglo-american...and they get the same cold shoulder...so we sit together...
Doc Brother tell you wife to tell her friends to welcome reverts/converts and in my case a bornone. Include us in your conversations, invite us to your homes...show us the manners that are from the core of Islam. Talk to us.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

i have no muslim friends. i know a few muslims, but unfortunately they are only muslim in name. i pray that Allah SWT guide them. i get people to say salaam or shake hands but no one has ever tried to befriend me. so i am a very lonely person, especially since my family aren't muslims. they have no problem with islam at all, but they aren't ready to decide their faith. it's been a rough path.

:wasalam:

DOC_BRO

Asalam o Alaikum
Sister thats really sad to hear. So see i really wanna learn the etiquettes of my behaviour approach so sister mirajmom why dont u or brother mabsoot start a thread abt how to greet or interact with a new muslim. Frankly speaking mostly i have real hesistation as to how the other person might take it because in US its kind of odd to ask personal question or u might integrate ones privacy kind of thing hope u understand wht i mean??? i am not making an excuse but i dont wanna starting with wrong question or notes when the other muslim brother might be expcting to hear something which makes him more comfortable and i end up asking something stupid.
So I think there should be a thread with some simple example based on out new muslim brothers and sister as to what they might have expected or would have liked to be asked. I knw that every person has a diffrent mind but by discussing we can make a general approach and that might be helpful to of us and by that we can make sure no new muslim feels stranded alone infacts feels the brotherhood.
I do salam now a days to whomever i think or feel like he's a muslim in the street or mall I did meet this african american brother whom i met last wk when i was in Newark,NJ he had a small beard and as always i always look for some muslims sometimes i count them also :) funny but i am very emotional with brotherhood thing so I knew for sure in my heart tht he is a muslim i said salam o alaikum, its a big Gateway center like middle of all the fastfood and buisness ppl walking around and he replied loudly walaikum asalam and u knw how their voices are like very loud and he asked me how did u figure out i was a muslim i said 'a brother knws a brother very well' and he laughed loudly.. we had a chat.From the look itself seemed he was a staunch muslim Alhumdolilah I felt very happy after tht moment i felt i did something good today. So tht is wht we want our brothers n sisters to feel the bond.
And let me tell our reverted/brother n sisters i personally feel most of the new muslims have a wider knwledge n better understanding of Islam compared to the born muslims n We really do respect them for their deep faith as its a eye opener for us born muslims with such reaction 'ohh where was i all these yrs???when a new muslim learned so much in such less time... i guess i could have learned something too!!!...'
JazakAllah ho khair
Ma'Salam

Wulf

A'salaamu 'aleikom

Well, here I am five months later and some things have changed, not many, just some.
I attend a large masjid quite often. Jummah is so crowded that a downstairs room is also used. To most, I am but a face in the crowd, which is ok by me. The salaams tend to be perfunctory in nature, lacking any real affection. With the exception of one or two people, the sound of my voice tends to make many veer away from me, as if i have contracted some contagion that may be passed on. But thats ok.

The light comes from another masjid. It is a long way from where I live, but I go there every Sunday to hear lectures and to study. This place actively practices Darwah, reaching out to the wider community, making "New Muslims" feel accepted and welcome. There are dinners for reverts to meet and discuss where they are in their lives. The salaams are full of warmth, the smiles are genuine, and help with questions is readily available.

I ask myself, "Why is this so?" Then I look again, and realise that the Masjid is small, the people are young, not set in their ways with predjudices about non Arab speaking or Indian Muslims. When someone says, "How are you?" It is a genuine question, and they really want to know, not just an obligatory enquiry, as demanded by good manners.
For some reason thay are mindful that I travel 50 kilometres to be there for Asr and Magrib. Yet for me it is no great thing, just something I do. Although with the traffic, I would probably feel safer walking through Bagdad with an American Flag.
Most of all, they do not treat me as if I am someone special just because I am new Muslim. They treat me special just because I am a Muslim, no different to anyone else there.
I do not seek recognition for choosing the path I have taken. It is enough that Allah (subhanna wa ta'ala) recognises me, when the sun shines no more, and I stand before him to be judged for my deeds, intentional or not.
After these five months, I look and see that, albeit that I had to teach myself many things about Islam, including how to pray, patience and prayer has led me to further knowledge. Even though I mostly face life alone, I know that I am not totaly alone, I just pray, and talk to Allah (subhanna wa ta'ala), and I am healed.

So how does one aproach a New Muslim? The same as you aproach any Muslim. The new muslim is more nervous than you are. They see you, and think, How do I talk to that person? What shall I say? It is like meeting your spouse for the very first time.
For some, the tension becomes so great, they simply change their minds. They feel it is easier being what they were, rather than face the rejection from what they had tried to become.

So if you are, like myself, a new Muslim, be patient and sooner or later things will work out. If it is possible visit other masjid, if not then Allah (Subhanna wa ta'ala) will lead you, if you would just but ask Him.

One other thing, If there are those who would critisize your lack of knowledge, without guidance, just turn you back. Their boasting to show off so called superior knowledge, is like the sound of an empty bucket, full of air.
If one offers gentle critisism, but guides you to the right path? Listen, and know that Allah (subhanna wa ta'ala) is with you.

W'salaam
Ibrahim

OmarTheFrench

Here in France we have some luck.

We have a community(young peoples) who are helpful with us(new revert).

Because even if they are born in a Muslim family, they didn't practicing, so when they turn seriously to Islam, they understand your difficulties of new revert, and help us.

NurJannah

:salam2:

This is a well articulated article I really agree with points made though, I would like to say something in addition to what you said brother. I am a born muslim but was not practicing till few years back and I new nothing about faith except Shahada, prayer. fasting, zakah and Hajj. I did not know how a muslim is suppose to behave. I did not know brotherhood and sisterhood I did not know anything. I was arrogent, a showoff, sarcastic to others and big time judgmental. I had all these things because I did not know how I am suppose to behave. Even when I was praying I had no Idea that praying only is not enough. After years of learning I am getting to know how to behave and still I have lot to change in my self. I am still not the best muslim I want to be.
The reason I am sharing this is that there are lot of people like me who simply do not know true meaning of being a muslim. Some of them are muslim by name only they do not have any knowledge of being anything other then that.
Some of them actually believe that shahada alone is enough for a passport to Jannah. I mean there are many people who really are Ignorant of their responsiblities. I am not making excuses for such people.
The other thing is that immigrents generally are not as open minded as European or Americans are, they generally keep to themselves but that does not always mean that all of them are biased against coverts.
Definetly We have to be better educated about our deen.
MaAssalam

dianek

"The other thing is that immigrents generally are not as open minded as European or Americans are,"

Then maybe they should not immigrate to those Europe or America. If you aren't open minded, then you don't belong there.......my husband complains about America all the time, and I have to remind it was his choice to come here. If he doesn't like my country, then get on a plane and go back home, but don't sit here and bad mouth it. I am not muslim but I have told my husband on multiple times that if Muslims wanted to show how open they are in searching for bringing people to islam, then they should get out of their box and comfort zone to reach out to others. They don't around here. They just "keep it in the family" so to speak. I think Outreach programs to NON-MUSLIMS would be a great opportunity for them and the non-muslim community. All my husband says is there isn't a large muslim community here.....I rest my case!

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

I'm the same person with the same name, wearing the same western style of clothing (though now respecting the modest dress code of Islam) and eating the same style of food (though now making sure that my meat is halal). I have not rejected my country, its culture or tradition. I simply now hold different theological beliefs.
TAKE CRE BROTHERS AND SISTERS JUST AS YOU CHECK HE MEAT IS HALAAL CHECK FOR WHICH TRADITIONS ,CULTURE AND IDEOLOGIES ARE UNISLAMIC.
Eg america's imperialism
india's traditions
chinas ideology. then halloween, and ll such stuff .
as for ur thinking about being unwelcome thats not true what puts off many born muslims{if there is any such thing we all have to strive dont we?] is the coldness or lack of confidence on the part of new onverts.a second reason is mny are ashamed for not practicing their islam properly .whatever the reason they are ur brothers and sisters in islam and all have right over each other .and he most honorable in the sight of Allah is the most pious.i m born muslim but when i strted becoming a true muslim i faceD These problems.its a test from ALLAH,both for you and other born muslims.tht apart GOD is a common noun and ALLaH is the proper name of God .of course you can use any of his beautful names.
lastly arabic is the lnguage of Quran so if we learn it better for us ..t the end of the day it is upto us how much we follow. Allahhafiz.
so just take care .

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

let the new coverts be the muhajireen and the born muslim be helpers and LETS PREVENT EACH OTHER FOR COMPROMISING OUR DEEN BECUSE ALLAH IS KEEPING ACCOUNT OF OUR DEEDS.WALLHHOAALAM.

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

Originally Posted by Karima
Alhamdulillah
Very well said! You were strong to hold fast to the facts.
I am sorry you have come across some 'distant' muslims in your encounters. Keep in mind that each of us are in different planes of being children of God. It is as a result of your discernments that you can assess the variety and tempermants of muslims.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, for your letter of what the reverts are faced with.
Not only that, but I have to thank God for my ears to hear beautiful music. And I stress, not haram words, haram meanings, haram anything....but gorgeous orchestrations of music!Do I do this in order to fulfill the life of Islam? To do away with music that has been my life? (I know about Cat Stevens.....my music has always been towards God.....unlike the secular concerts that Cat gave"

hello cHILDREN OF GOD ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
lets check what we are posting?

Hellen

And I thought it was only me!!! infact one of the first things that was said to me was "Whats your new name then"...to which I responded "Im Helen always have been always will be"...Its been entirely a solitary experience and the information above is read and received with thanks...Its strange because Im fine with all other cultures, at my mosque its all asians ...everythings done in URDU so I understand nothing and Im left feeling alienated and excluded because Im British and white ???? then they proceed to tell me that they feel alienated within the community we live in ...kinda makes me wonder why they are so surprised....
All the information I